• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Batistuta87

• Pasquale for King

• Anything2

5 hours ago, Walrus said:

Found a long sleeve home Reebok top in the attic last night. Really nice top. Material is a bit different than most other strips.

I've got a 2004/05 Reebok Home shirt in the wardrobe, really nice material. A lot thicker than you'd expect, but it's held up amazingly well over the years.  Even the allsports sponsor - which is made of felt :lol: - has survived 16 years of washing!  A little bit faded, but still more black than grey.  It would have been the last of the Reebok kits before we moved to Hummel the next season. 

hearts-04-home-use.jpg

It occasionally gets an airing at Tynecastle, but it's my good luck charm at Easter Road.  Both times it's been worn there, we have won 3-1! 

been here before
17 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Was the all yellow away top only worn once and never released for sale?

17 hours ago, been here before said:

Dens, 93ish?

16 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It’s the holy grail for short collectors and apparently was given by one of our directors to a pub team in Mayfield. 

2nd October 93, got beat 2-0. I remember being at that game and the confusion of the team running out in yellow gear caused. Pre internet and mobile days so it took a while for the penny to drop why. Word was that it had been something that was noticed late on and the strips had been picked up on the way there. No idea if thats true or not.

I cant recall if there was a badge on the top but something sticks in my mind there wasnt- that could just be a bad memory though. I cant find any pictures but Im presuming there will be some somewhere

I had a look through some of my old programmes and Ive both the one for the game- which mentions nothing about the change- and the one for the next home game which mentions this...

20200524_152218.thumb.jpg.0e24a57e53502f9c2fdf0697a3f2fad1.jpg

Annoyingly the next home game v St Johnstone only features pictures of the game v Celtic the week before the Dundee game. None of the subsequent home programmes have anything either.

Midloth_Iain
22 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Whilst we’re on the subject of kit design, which are your top 5 all time hearts shirts?

307C0242-F130-46A8-BDB4-B2F63E90E2DE.png

3FC54DFB-436B-4362-BA09-38CC5C9B92CC.png

39AA4382-1913-48AF-94FE-6398187F3B41.png

5. hea9596a_orig.png

4. image120_1_orig.png

3.   image017_1_orig.png

2.  hea9697e_orig.png

1. hea201415h_orig.png

Carl Weathers
2 hours ago, been here before said:

2nd October 93, got beat 2-0. I remember being at that game and the confusion of the team running out in yellow gear caused. Pre internet and mobile days so it took a while for the penny to drop why. Word was that it had been something that was noticed late on and the strips had been picked up on the way there. No idea if thats true or not.

I cant recall if there was a badge on the top but something sticks in my mind there wasnt- that could just be a bad memory though. I cant find any pictures but Im presuming there will be some somewhere

I had a look through some of my old programmes and Ive both the one for the game- which mentions nothing about the change- and the one for the next home game which mentions this...

Annoyingly the next home game v St Johnstone only features pictures of the game v Celtic the week before the Dundee game. None of the subsequent home programmes have anything either.

Thanks for sharing that.

Diadora Van Basten
3 hours ago, been here before said:

I am sure I have seen a video of the match recently.

Angel eyes

3-F2-DBF62-7-FAF-4-B15-A1-E8-C29-EC5-A7-
this is my personal choice of all  time favourite kit though I believe this particular image was a one of 96 league cup final and a one off not sure why? The shadow kit alternative was lush....96-98

On 23/04/2020 at 11:56, Anderson5 said:

I was thinking about this recently. How come the two clubs in Scotland’s most affluent city (and capital) cannot attract a single shirt sponsor between them?

Is it a simple case of the respective owners over valuing their clubs. Or are Edinburgh based companies just not interested in supporting local clubs?

We turned down sponsors, and signed a deal with the benefactors to display Save the Children on our shirts, for an amount that eclipses any traditional sponsor we have ever had.

Hibs just literally couldn’t find a decent sponsor.

Are you Hibs? I’ve thought this for some time now. 

PapaShango
12 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

this is my personal choice of all  time favourite kit though I believe this particular image was a one of 96 league cup final and a one off not sure why? The shadow kit alternative was lush....96-98

Yeah from what I can remember was a one off for the final. I didn't generally like the Pony tops that much but this one was cracking and the shade of maroon was a thing of beauty. 

Tommy Brown
12 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

I think we used it against Red Star soon after also.

The yellow kit used as a one off against Dundee wasn't actually as yellow as the one in that collection of kits, if memory serves it was almost a pastel yellow. 

Up until a few years ago there was a picture circulating of Maurice Johnston wearing it at Dens. Can't for the life of me find it now though.

Placid Casual
16 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Great shirt. What was it though with the ridiculously oversized styles of the mid to late 90s?

{Insert your own joke about Robbo wearing XS here...}

51 minutes ago, droid said:

The yellow kit used as a one off against Dundee wasn't actually as yellow as the one in that collection of kits, if memory serves it was almost a pastel yellow. 

Up until a few years ago there was a picture circulating of Maurice Johnston wearing it at Dens. Can't for the life of me find it now though.

Hopefully this works

IMG-20200525-WA0001.jpg

21 hours ago, been here before said:

2 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Hopefully this works

IMG-20200525-WA0001.jpg

From this picture, it looks like they don't have any badges on them - there is possibly a small white manufacturer's logo, but the picture is too low resolution to be able to tell.  There may be some merit in the "picked up on the way" theory - but how did they manage to get the Strongbow logos put on?

All very strange! :thumbsup: 

2 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Hopefully this works

IMG-20200525-WA0001.jpg

Wasn't this after the cup win at Easter Road? Remember going up to Dens in midweek as we were in a relegation battle and had memories of us playing in yellow. Seem to recall being sat at the opposite end of the usual away end too.

PapaShango
21 hours ago, been here before said:

Did we not win the game at Dens wearing this? I can recall being at Dens on a midweek winning 2-0 I think which was rare for that season as our away form was horrendous and we hardly scored away from home never mind won. Think previous to this the only away win that season was Hibs at Easter Road, also 2-0! 

8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

From this picture, it looks like they don't have any badges on them - there is possibly a small white manufacturer's logo, but the picture is too low resolution to be able to tell.  There may be some merit in the "picked up on the way" theory - but how did they manage to get the Strongbow logos put on?

All very strange! :thumbsup: 

I think its got an Asics logo and the Hearts badge on it. You can just see them on the bigger pic.

3 minutes ago, bigdav said:

I think its got an Asics logo and the Hearts badge on it. You can just see them on the bigger pic.

Hard to tell from the pictures - having a poke around on old JKB threads suggests that it is just an Urban legend and it did have the full detailing on it.

The only other things I could find was this:

Which shows a truer representation of the colour - sadly, HD TV didn't really exist in the early 90's, and it's still not entirely clear what the shirts actually look like!

been here before
35 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Did we not win the game at Dens wearing this? I can recall being at Dens on a midweek winning 2-0 I think which was rare for that season as our away form was horrendous and we hardly scored away from home never mind won. Think previous to this the only away win that season was Hibs at Easter Road, also 2-0! 

Nah lost 2-0 on a Saturday. It was actually played on the 2nd which was the Saturday. The programme has the wrong date.

20200525_125520.thumb.jpg.2b0d5d0c4e2eb56bee933552f5c4bf01.jpg

The next Hearts home programme has the 2nd though.

20200525_125419.jpg.8705655804b6053f0cce7624879273b7.jpg

44 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Hopefully this works

IMG-20200525-WA0001.jpg

Thats not the game in question as Johnston signed a week or two after it. His first appearance was against Partick on 23rd. 

Thats likely the penalty he scored against them in the game up there on 31st March 94. He scored both in a 2-0 win. That was the game that came after the 2-1 cup win at Easter Road in the Feb.

Edited by been here before

PapaShango
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Nah lost 2-0 on a Saturday. It was actually played on the 2nd which was the Saturday. The programme has the wrong date.

20200525_125520.thumb.jpg.2b0d5d0c4e2eb56bee933552f5c4bf01.jpg

The next Hearts home programme has the 2nd though.

20200525_125419.jpg.8705655804b6053f0cce7624879273b7.jpg

Thats not the game in question as Johnston signed a week or two after it. His first appearance was against Partick on 23rd. 

Thats likely the penalty he scored against them in the game up there on 31st March 94. He scored both in a 2-0 win. That was the game that came after the 2-1 cup win at Easter Road in the Feb.

This is the one I can remember! 

Forza Cuore

T

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Seem to recall being sat at the opposite end of the usual away end too.

You're right, we were in the opposite end...not sure why, maybe the old terracing was closed before the new stand was built.

Tommy Brown

That's thrown me a bit. I always had it in my mind, we only wore that strip once, the 2-0 Mo Johnston game.

Stevie Frail at Dundee in the video.

Samuel Camazzola

We wore it twice v Dundee that season. The away victory was the 31st game of the season (as per newspaper report). The footage posted was from the October 93 fixture. 

heartsfc_fan
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Long sleeves kit released

IMG_20200527_102849.jpg

I think that looks even better as a long sleeve. Classy.

On 24/05/2020 at 22:14, Special Officer Doofy said:

We turned down sponsors, and signed a deal with the benefactors to display Save the Children on our shirts, for an amount that eclipses any traditional sponsor we have ever had.

Hibs just literally couldn’t find a decent sponsor.

Are you Hibs? I’ve thought this for some time now. 

To be fair, I think there is a point there, even though he has made it badly.  

There are many huge Edinburgh based companies, particularly in the financial world, that could sponsor either side or both, but don’t.  

Standard Life (or Standard Life Aberdeen), for example, have sponsored Andy Murray, rugby, golf, basketball and the film festival, but not even looked at Edinburgh’s by far, largest sporting teams.  

it actually quite frustrates me,  not that they are obliged to.  

Fortunately for us, our deal sees us good, better than the deals from companies that are interested  and promotes a charity at the same time. 

One idea I had, was a draw.  Say for £1,000, you can enter your company into a draw, and if you win, your company is the shirt sponsor for that season. 

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

To be fair, I think there is a point there, even though he has made it badly.  

There are many huge Edinburgh based companies, particularly in the financial world, that could sponsor either side or both, but don’t.  

Standard Life (or Standard Life Aberdeen), for example, have sponsored Andy Murray, rugby, golf, basketball and the film festival, but not even looked at Edinburgh’s by far, largest sporting teams.  

it actually quite frustrates me,  not that they are obliged to.  

Fortunately for us, our deal sees us good, better than the deals from companies that are interested  and promotes a charity at the same time. 

One idea I had, was a draw.  Say for £1,000, you can enter your company into a draw, and if you win, your company is the shirt sponsor for that season. 

Wonga were our biggest ever sponsor, and when we entered admin it was depressing to see just how small an amount they were paying us to stick that big shan logo on our beautiful cup winning jersey. They paid up early to help us out, which you have to give them credit for, but when you saw how little we were actually getting, it was pretty sobering. Ann turned down some companies who offered us kit sponsor deals, and in the end the StC deal turned out to be worth more money to us anyway. Apart from anything else, it’ll take a pretty big offer from someone if they want to get their company on our shirts in their place. Look at Hibs, no sponsor for two seasons.

The Edinburgh company thing has always rankles with me too. McEwans especially. Former Lord Provost Mulligan pointed this out a while back. The brewing history of Edinburgh and the amount of them a stone’s throw from Tynecastle especially... yet they sponsored Rangers and Celtic. All down to audience reach I suppose, and David Murray being based in Edinburgh didn’t help.

For me, the natural partnership was always North British Distillery next door, but it never seemed to materialise.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Long sleeves kit released

IMG_20200527_102849.jpg

Wow, that looks great! :thumbsup: 

Pasquale for King

Long sleeve home kit looks good. Like the GK top too. Away strip will be white then I imagine.

F8402082-6EA7-4287-92F3-7FEF5CBA9484.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Wonga were our biggest ever sponsor, and when we entered admin it was depressing to see just how small an amount they were paying us to stick that big shan logo on our beautiful cup winning jersey. They paid up early to help us out, which you have to give them credit for, but when you saw how little we were actually getting, it was pretty sobering. Ann turned down some companies who offered us kit sponsor deals, and in the end the StC deal turned out to be worth more money to us anyway. Apart from anything else, it’ll take a pretty big offer from someone if they want to get their company on our shirts in their place. Look at Hibs, no sponsor for two seasons.

The Edinburgh company thing has always rankles with me too. McEwans especially. Former Lord Provost Mulligan pointed this out a while back. The brewing history of Edinburgh and the amount of them a stone’s throw from Tynecastle especially... yet they sponsored Rangers and Celtic. All down to audience reach I suppose, and David Murray being based in Edinburgh didn’t help.

For me, the natural partnership was always North British Distillery next door, but it never seemed to materialise.

I used to know someone that was high up with a large multinationals marketing department, and in a nutshell it wasn't just the audience figures, but also the suggested socio-economic rating of those seeing the advertising at prestigious sporting events like the 6 Nations, F1, The Open, etc. It is very dependent on how the company wants to be seen by the public and what events it will market itself in to project that image, and unfortunately football at certain levels is very poorly thought of.

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Long sleeve home kit looks good. Like the GK top too. Away strip will be white then I imagine.

Could yet still be a silver kit in the making.

Hopefully they announce it soon!  There's usually a gap of a few weeks, but my patience is at an all time low with lockdown keeping me on the internet for the best part of 16 hours a day! :lol: 

EH23-Jambo
30 minutes ago, Gilamas said:

That new goalie strip is surely made for "Welcome back, Craig Gordon!"

FB_IMG_1590586205439.jpg

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Could yet still be a silver kit in the making.

Hopefully they announce it soon!  There's usually a gap of a few weeks, but my patience is at an all time low with lockdown keeping me on the internet for the best part of 16 hours a day! :lol: 

Me too, I’ve got a shooting pain from my hand to my shoulder, wife’s a trained masseuse and gave me a rather painful massage last night. 
I’m hoping for a really stylish away kit, may as well sell another GK strip too as the light blue one is a home kit apparently.

Hectormasson
On 27/04/2020 at 13:12, Anything2 said:

I think Hibs fans will be quite happy with this year's effort. It looks like a market stall version of one of the recent Arsenal kits. Unfortunately for Hibs they have yet again chosen a hideous shade of green. How you can continuously take the most natural colour in nature and make yourself look like the cast of a 70s zombie movie is beyond me. One of the benefits of being a Hearts fan is that maroon is a classy colour so if you want to buy everyday items or clothes in team colours you don't look like a halfwit. No one looks good in slim green. 

Can't do much with green really, its all Snottery"    really their problem though so 

F...K them totally ! 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏👏👏

Stewie Griffin
1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Anyone received their top yet?

I’m wondering the same got an email yesterday to say they had been dispatched.

13 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I’m wondering the same got an email yesterday to say they had been dispatched.

Me too - going to give the postie pelters if he hasn’t got it 😁

5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Me too - going to give the postie pelters if he hasn’t got it 😁

Bummer - been and gone and no top 😩

Biffa Bacon
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Website said up to 14 days for delivery. 

2 to 3 days from despatch email.

Edited by Biffa Bacon