2020-21 Kit Design - Revealed!!

I P Knightley

Mmm, took a couple of minutes catching up with the thread for it to eventually get D4s pass marks. 😁

At first I thought the collar looked a bit wide/gaping but I think it’ll be reasonably neat around the neck after scrutinising it.  All in all I think it may be one of those tops that look better in the collective with the shorts and socks.  

Hoping for gold shorts and maroon/gold hooped socks and white turnovers.  

::troll::

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Batistuta87

• Pasquale for King

• Anything2

12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Sorry gang, bit late to the party this year. Here's my usual submission. Classic, understated and as good on the High Street as on the pitch.

9F2908B1-79FF-4DE1-A884-61115EB9B904.jpeg.427b114d5f6abba8b3d924cab3ef1b75.jpeg

6 hours ago, slashishere said:

Screenshot_20200522_171226.jpg

*******s

6 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Its a Hearts shirt.

Its magnificent.

Its ordered. 

This 👆🏻

PhoenixHearts

Quite like it. Ordered it.

And despite the woeful season, I loved the last kit so I ordered another in the sale a size down from the one I bought last summer 😁😁😁

TheGoodLord

Now I’m no Gok Wan but my fashion advice is this. If for example you’re buying a shirt and there’s one you’re immediately drawn to and one you’ve been humming and hawing over for ages always go for the latter. Trust me it’s the right choice. 

This new kit has a bit of the latter about it. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Mmm, took a couple of minutes catching up with the thread for it to eventually get D4s pass marks. 😁

At first I thought the collar looked a bit wide/gaping but I think it’ll be reasonably neat around the neck after scrutinising it.  All in all I think it may be one of those tops that look better in the collective with the shorts and socks.  

Hoping for gold shorts and maroon/gold hooped socks and white turnovers.  

::troll::

At least that would be a bit radical 😃

D4478647-FA75-4F03-A670-EAFD772E20C6.jpeg

1E15FFF4-3C43-4709-8878-851500E7ACC0.jpeg

4 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Love all maroon

Not me - it’s not Hearts!

Samuel Camazzola

Classic and clean look. Very good. 

Would be an excellent move if there was an option to buy it without the sponsor. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Classic and clean look. Very good. 

Would be an excellent move if there was an option to buy it without the sponsor. 

Yes. I’d buy it then.

love it though, very 80’s. Can see Robbo wearing that. 

Like it more than when I first saw it.

Hearts tweeting this morning it has been the most popular Umbro top to date in the first 12 hours of sales. 

Fastest selling Umbro shirt apparently (after first 12hrs)

*just beaten to it :D

Edited by neilnunb

andyscott82

I like it a lot more than last season’s, maybe even enough to make it the first one i’ve bought since the 14/15 season. 

Biffa Bacon

I know it does not not match the majesty of the "pies" version, but it still looks good two purchased.

Like it. Could live without the gold bits but still...

Cant see the SPFL logo on it. Is this the norm when a new kit is announced or perhaps, as I'm hoping, a giruy? 

Think its decent.. there will always be some who criticise no matter what top is released.....Its a Hearts top what's not to like

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can we get this on the away strip?

FE91DC3D-FE6A-4DC0-9618-CE3B2E04A541.jpeg

should that not be  "Not Wanted"  for crimes against scottish fitba

scotty2442

I’m hoping Umbro have made a bit more effort with the away kit

Other than the black kit I haven’t been overly impressed by the Umbro strips,  this new home one is a bit lazy (just my opinion) 

It's not the best we've ever had is it? Just pre-ordered a couple for the kids though. Got to keep the money going into the club in any way possible. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

should that not be  "Not Wanted"  for crimes against scottish fitba

Yeah probably 👍🏽

1 hour ago, scotty2442 said:

I’m hoping Umbro have made a bit more effort with the away kit

Other than the black kit I haven’t been overly impressed by the Umbro strips,  this new home one is a bit lazy (just my opinion) 

See I think Umbro are one of the best suppliers. Even some of the Nike and Adidas efforts can be a bit out there. And when you look at the Macron, Joma or New Balance that are around, I would rather play it safe with Umbro's efforts. 

millerjames398

Just notced the daily record are really keeping up to date with all things hearts, a small snippet about our new 20/21 kit is on sale early..with a picture of uche in this seasons home top, ***** must be at it.

Diadora Van Basten

I got a time hop pic on fb from seven years ago with the first Adidas kit and it looked brilliant.

8 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Whilst we’re on the subject of kit design, which are your top 5 all time hearts shirts?

Hard question and a very subjective one! 

I'd have to say (and it's probably reflective of my age that they're all within the past 15 years) :

1) 2016/17 - Home Shirt (plain maroon, round neck, Puma) 

_93316951_ozturk.jpg

(try and look happier in first place, Alim!) 

2) 2017/18 - Away Shirt (blue, with Heart of Midlothian cobblestone pattern).

3) 2014/15 - Home Shirt (Championship shirt) 

4) 2013/14 - Away Shirt (white Adidas with maroon 3 stripes) 

5) 2005/06 - Home Shirt (Iconic Hummel Cup Winning Shirt) 

The 2016/17 Home shirt is probably the all time best Hearts shirt we could ask for.  A plain dark maroon colour, plain white sponsor, and hardly any detailing or sponsor patterns.  An absolute work of art, with a collar that doesn't stand out. 

The 2017/18 Away Shirt is what we should have in an away kit. Mental colour, great design unique to Hearts. None of this template pish.  I had a hard time splitting first and second place, but thought a Home shirt should take the honours. I absolutely adored the away kit this season although I can see why some people wouldn't like the highlighter blue effort  

The 2014/15 Home Shirt was a one off. It'll never be like that again and it was absolutely amazing.  It's a top I will keep in my collection forever.  Superb shirt. 

The 2013/14 Away Shirt was beautiful despite the Wonga logo. I don't really like white kits, but I bought 3 of these. I loved the navy blue and maroon detailing, I loved the fact that the colours were all correct, and for once the Wonga logo had been colour matched to the colour of the shirt.  Every other Wonga logo stood out like a sore thumb, but this one was almost...nice?  Chronically underrated, and if it had been any other sponsor, it would have been a classic. 

The 2005/06 Kit was plain, simple and a sign of a great season.  I loved the Hummel kits, it's just a shame that they have deteriorated so badly (the chevrons and sponsor material was crap). 

been here before
15 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Was the all yellow away top only worn once and never released for sale?

Dens, 93ish?

Holyrood_Hearts
51 minutes ago, been here before said:

Dens, 93ish?

Yeah I believe so 

Diadora Van Basten
10 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

When we rinsed ‘them’ in the cup final wasn’t our Umbro motif yellow?

Yes

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Carl Weathers said:

Was the all yellow away top only worn once and never released for sale?

It’s the holy grail for short collectors and apparently was given by one of our directors to a pub team in Mayfield. 

Last year it was just shy of a month between home and away releases, wonder if that will be quicker this year due to the current climate. Will be holding off to see that before making any purchase 

EH23-Jambo
15 minutes ago, biffy said:

Last year it was just shy of a month between home and away releases, wonder if that will be quicker this year due to the current climate. Will be holding off to see that before making any purchase 

Was wondering same. I usually buy one top a year but contemplating buying both this time as I'm fortunate to be working and getting a bit of overtime.  Anyway,  I purchased / liked last season away top better so choking to see what new away top will look like. 

13 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Whilst we’re on the subject of kit design, which are your top 5 all time hearts shirts?

307C0242-F130-46A8-BDB4-B2F63E90E2DE.png

3FC54DFB-436B-4362-BA09-38CC5C9B92CC.png

39AA4382-1913-48AF-94FE-6398187F3B41.png

I really liked these tops at the time I was about 11 or 12 

6BC1B081-1910-4028-81AD-B1F40DD32FF9.jpeg

33478813-1128-404E-89C4-0135C9410520.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I really liked these tops at the time I was about 11 or 12 

6BC1B081-1910-4028-81AD-B1F40DD32FF9.jpeg

33478813-1128-404E-89C4-0135C9410520.jpeg

Found a long sleeve home Reebok top in the attic last night. Really nice top. Material is a bit different than most other strips.

Салатные палочки
13 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

307C0242-F130-46A8-BDB4-B2F63E90E2DE.png

3FC54DFB-436B-4362-BA09-38CC5C9B92CC.png

39AA4382-1913-48AF-94FE-6398187F3B41.png

Where did you find these pictures? I want a closer look at that yellow 94 shirt. 

22 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Found a long sleeve home Reebok top in the attic last night. Really nice top. Material is a bit different than most other strips.

Am sure I had Andy Kirk 10 on the Home one they were good . I like the design of the badge in the middle . 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

17 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Where did you find these pictures? I want a closer look at that yellow 94 shirt. 

Think that white one beside the blue Adidas/Wonga away top worn v Spurs think 2013 was never released or used . I remember reading it in a paper. 

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/scotland-h-s/category/heart-of-midlothian 

Click on on the link then click on the shirt you want to see. 

Nice one cheers. 

I forgot about that white one we wore against Raith Rovers in 1997. 

'96 European/Coca-Cola Cup final one is still the best in my book. 

My second favourite is the reverse of that, which according to the link above was our 'third shirt' in 96-97. I think it was only worn once or twice (Raith Rovers away iirc). I don't think there was even shorts for it, as they just wore the usual maroon shorts from the blue and white away kit that season. 

Don't believe either were ever made available for sale either. A guy who had a ST just along from me did catch one when the players threw them into the crowd. Still jealous about that.