2020-21 Kit Design - Revealed!!

I P Knightley

Did our 3rd kit sell out with the second batch? Pop up saying you can pre-order it again take it they’re using it for next season as well don’t mind buying a new home shirt every season if they turn the away or 3rd kits over every second.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Batistuta87

• Pasquale for King

• Anything2

niblick1874
On 23/04/2020 at 07:05, Saint Jambo said:

If i8hibsh was American he would currently be out on the streets as part of one of those sad little groups of the always offended campaigning for the lockdown to be lifted. Sadly we have to put up with him here instead. 

Most of the people, if not all, in those sad little groups on the streets of America know for a certainty that unless everyone goes back to work very shortly there will be an unlike nothing before, no coming back from any time soon, financial crash around the world. They also know that the collapse of society, that will, with out a doubt, follow, will be a nightmare that you, going by what you posted, will not be able to wrap your head around. You think it's bad now? That nightmare will come and kick your door in and you had better hope they are looking for food and that's all they are there for. Those little sad groups on the streets of America have less to lose than most when that happens. They also have guns. You?

Guest ToqueJambo

Hibs fan journalist writes article praising Hibs (rightly) for going down the charitable "sponsor" route instead of the usual betting, beer company, etc, but builds in unnecessary, social media sourced dig at rivals while completely ignoring they got there first. And they didn't need a global pandemic to push them into it.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VCGt4wJ-MUoJ:https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/aidan-smith-my-favourite-hibs-strip-has-been-trumped-and-i-didnt-think-it-could-be-2550051+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=safari

adambraejambo

Aiden Smith lol. Not going to open link as he just annoys me. Guess he still using 10000 words when 1000 would have got the job done. 

Can we just agree that the Hibs kit is actually utterly honking. The design is absolutely shite, and looks like a SportsDirect bargain bucket shirt more deserving of a non-league team.   They manage to get worse looking every single year, which is some achievement.

The green in the badge doesn't match the absolutely howling shade of highlighter green the shirt is made from. The sleeves look so out of place, and the dark green bordering doesn't suit the shirt at all. The NHS logo takes the attention away from the fact that it's absolutely rotten. 

Rather ironically for Hibs, the 2011/12 kit is probably the best one they've had in recent years, forever ruined by the Cup Final. 

No matter what we have next season, it will never look as bad as that heap of shite. 

niblick1874
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hibs fan journalist writes article praising Hibs (rightly) for going down the charitable "sponsor" route instead of the usual betting, beer company, etc, but builds in unnecessary, social media sourced dig at rivals while completely ignoring they got there first. And they didn't need a global pandemic to push them into it.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VCGt4wJ-MUoJ:https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/aidan-smith-my-favourite-hibs-strip-has-been-trumped-and-i-didnt-think-it-could-be-2550051+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=safari

I was thinking he would be telling us next that he just saw a green car out his window. What a spangle.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Can we just agree that the Hibs kit is actually utterly honking. The design is absolutely shite, and looks like a SportsDirect bargain bucket shirt more deserving of a non-league team.   They manage to get worse looking every single year, which is some achievement.

The green in the badge doesn't match the absolutely howling shade of highlighter green the shirt is made from. The sleeves look so out of place, and the dark green bordering doesn't suit the shirt at all. The NHS logo takes the attention away from the fact that it's absolutely rotten. 

Rather ironically for Hibs, the 2011/12 kit is probably the best one they've had in recent years, forever ruined by the Cup Final. 

No matter what we have next season, it will never look as bad as that heap of shite. 

I think Hibs fans will be quite happy with this year's effort. It looks like a market stall version of one of the recent Arsenal kits. Unfortunately for Hibs they have yet again chosen a hideous shade of green. How you can continuously take the most natural colour in nature and make yourself look like the cast of a 70s zombie movie is beyond me. One of the benefits of being a Hearts fan is that maroon is a classy colour so if you want to buy everyday items or clothes in team colours you don't look like a halfwit. No one looks good in slim green. 

It may well be that all these things will be delayed and in our case the issue with the players and their contract situation will certainly decide who is going to model the 20/21 effort

Edited by CJGJ

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It may well be that all these things will be delayed and in our case the issue with the players and their contract situation will certainly decide who is going to model the 20/21 effort

Just show an empty shirt, feels appropriate.

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Cant do much with green ? Shite any which way you try and tart it up, f....k them !       Let's see what we can conjure up,  hopefully an absolute  topper this time around...🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👏👏👏

33 minutes ago, weegiejambo8 said:

Hopefully we keep this seasons kits, best we have had for a while 

The one from last season tops it for me, an absolutely stunning kit!

New-Hearts-Strip-18-19.jpg

This season's one is lovely, but I really don't like the white V collar on it.  If they combined the shirt from last year, with the design from this year, they'd be on to a real winner in my eyes!

Beast Boy
On 23/04/2020 at 14:09, Famous 1874 said:

Genuine question, is there proof that the Save the Children shirt sponsor does/does not gain us income?

Surely if we are receiving nothing and actually paying them to sponsor us then it’s another baffling business decision. We don’t have the financial luxury that premier league teams should have to have charities as our sponsor.

Do you not remember the official club announcements on this? A benefactor wanted to give us money. Budge suggested they give an equal amount to charity as us, and that we display that charity’s name in our shirts. It’s our biggest earner ever as a shirt sponsor, but also makes money for StC and gives them publicity at the same time.

Batistuta87

Based on a couple of Umbro designs I've seen, here's a couple of attempts from me. Not ITK in any way. image.thumb.png.7b023f84e78a3f2873674ee685b27b38.png

image.thumb.png.3abee6e60b9b6705a481d7c02a07ad1c.png

image.png.46b620fa0251827871079f4088a08689.png

Edited by Batistuta87

14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Based on a couple of Umbro designs I've seen, here's a couple of attempts from me. Not ITK in any way. image.thumb.png.7b023f84e78a3f2873674ee685b27b38.png

Like the first one the most. Would like a maroon collar like 97/98 and 86/87.

Was June 14th last year when they released the home. 

Batistuta87
Just now, Walrus said:

Like the first one the most. Would like a maroon collar like 97/98 and 86/87.

Was June 14th last year when they released the home. 

The first one is based on a Brazilian team who have released their Umbro kit. Was a plain shirt with a small sleeve stripe and a large sleeve stripe one on top of the other, so perhaps ours might follow the same template. Theirs was: White top, small blue stripe, larger red stripe / Mine is: Maroon top, small white stripe, larger maroon stripe.

Had a go at an away kit too but absolutely no basis for the design... Haven't seen any Umbro tops with stripes yet:

image.png.7f03c1671d25278705d6863808a479f8.png

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

The first one is based on a Brazilian team who have released their Umbro kit. Was a plain shirt with a small sleeve stripe and a large sleeve stripe one on top of the other, so perhaps ours might follow the same template. Theirs was: White top, small blue stripe, larger red stripe / Mine is: Maroon top, small white stripe, larger maroon stripe.

Had a go at an away kit too but absolutely no basis for the design... Haven't seen any Umbro tops with stripes yet:

Would take that. 

Will be white/light with the black third kit being kept on next season.  

Anything2
57 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Option 3 is a nice traditional kit which is always my preference however we have had quite a few like that in recent seasons so wouldn't be surprised if we did something more unusual. 

Bad Religion

image.png.a13ffa513599c0e4c169d556178f12f3.png

I would like something like this in dark maroon. All maroon top, no white flashy bits.

jambo-fletch

Would love to see the Inter style away kit return! Been hoping for a remake of that for years.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

That one's nice.

Do you have the skills to put the same width of white stripe around the collar area? I.e. 15mm(ish) maroon, white stripe, rest of top.

Inter away or candy stripe would get my £££

Samuel Camazzola

I think it was Umbro who announced their kits would be bespoke going forward. I believe Nike are eventually moving away from templates too. Their offerings have been poor for years.

I like option 2 of the home one. 

Don't like that away top, never did. 

However, if you could do something like West Ham's away from the 1960's, like a Sampdoria top, that would be class! 

897-680.jpg.4b993d8dd2afb92cd8d6ce89bdcf28ed.jpg

LarrysRightFoot

No idea how to insert pictures but I’d love our new away top be like the1988-90 Manchester City away - very similar to our away from the same time but I prefer blue grandad collar on City’s. 

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

No idea how to insert pictures but I’d love our new away top be like the1988-90 Manchester City away - very similar to our away from the same time but I prefer blue grandad collar on City’s. 

1988-90-manchester-city-away-s-30113-1.thumb.jpg.08b4fa173e443c3a6693b4c8e344f65d.jpg

Batistuta87
19 minutes ago, Boof said:

That one's nice.

Do you have the skills to put the same width of white stripe around the collar area? I.e. 15mm(ish) maroon, white stripe, rest of top.

Inter away or candy stripe would get my £££

Collar stripe is a nice touch actually: 

image.png.ef2b51bd175b051de6ba51832c7fe433.png

I'm with you, would love to see an Inter Milan style away kit but thinking its quite unlikely since the black 3rd strip is being kept on for next season. Here's an attempt at an Inter style: 

image.png.7e99df220a976c8f0f7a9f732171264d.png

Selkirkhmfc1874

Would love us to keep last seasons kits but being realistic there'll be new kits especially in these times when every penny a prisoner 

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Drool...really like that.

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'm with you, would love to see an Inter Milan style away kit but thinking its quite unlikely since the black 3rd strip is being kept on for next season. Here's an attempt at an Inter style: 

I'd prefer a darker shade of blue - like the badge saltire - but then that would give us 3 fairly (or very!) dark tops.

Midloth_Iain
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

can you adapt this to a silver & white stripe combo (keep maroon trims) ....

thanks  🤗

I vaguely remember something about Umbro in South America being almost independent of the European one, and the templates and kits that they use are different to what we would likely get.

Could be shite though, since I read it on here :lol:

Batistuta87
21 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

can you adapt this to a silver & white stripe combo (keep maroon trims) ....

thanks  🤗

Think we have a winner (looks even better hooped I think):

image.png.559a68dae744f8aa88a888f05cd77713.png

Midloth_Iain
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

😊

Striped version for me .......

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

1988-90-manchester-city-away-s-30113-1.thumb.jpg.08b4fa173e443c3a6693b4c8e344f65d.jpg

I got that as a hand me doon back in early 90's!

When it was reasonably cool to wear a Citeh top...

Seen a grown man the other day wearing a full man city tracky at the shops....yowzerz 🤯😷

Forever Hearts

**** the hoops. Stripes every time. 😎

LarrysRightFoot
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That’s the one - sure Brother was the sponsor. Would be a cracking away IMO.

Was always a fan of our ‘Inter Milan’ away as well.

LarrysRightFoot

Double post

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Seen a grown man the other day wearing a full man city tracky at the shops....yowzerz 🤯😷

Still got it? Selling for £225 on Vintage Football Shirts.

Montgomery Brewster
5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

As an interisti I was delighted when we had the inter style one in the early 90’s. The one above is good 

Anything2
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

The hooped one is really nice actually. And the maroon trim stops it looking like a celtic away kit. Not that they own hoops, plenty other teams either play or have played in them including us. 

Batistuta87
30 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

The hooped one is really nice actually. And the maroon trim stops it looking like a celtic away kit. Not that they own hoops, plenty other teams either play or have played in them including us. 

Yeah that's why I did a hooped one - one of our very early kits is red white and blue hoops (thank Christ we dropped that anyway!). That pink and yellow Roseberry one we had was hoops as well. 

Anything2
8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah that's why I did a hooped one - one of our very early kits is red white and blue hoops (thank Christ we dropped that anyway!). That pink and yellow Roseberry one we had was hoops as well. 

And a maroon and white hooped away kit with black shorts during the 20s.

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Still got it? Selling for £225 on Vintage Football Shirts.

Nope unfortunately 🤧

Cant say I was one of the folk that kept strips from back in the day...tbh most of them actually got worn and used so they wouldnt have been in good enough nick to sell on....

LarrysRightFoot
8 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Nope unfortunately 🤧

Cant say I was one of the folk that kept strips from back in the day...tbh most of them actually got worn and used so they wouldnt have been in good enough nick to sell on....

Me too, although my 95/96 away has held up remarkably well.

4 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Think it’s probably Kenny - he posts on here 😀

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Oxford university will have a lot to answer for if they don't provide the vaccine 

We may never see these kits let alone afford to pay for one as financial armageddon beckons. 

50% sale up front perhaps  :)