2020-21 Kit Design - Revealed!!

I P Knightley

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

I was under the impression a benefactor paid us both for it to happen. 

That's exactly what happens 

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Batistuta87

• Pasquale for King

• Anything2

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Uche said:

Know what?  Fair play to Hibs.  A very classy gesture and will be a best-seller for them shirt wise.  

Oh, see you are back again praising Hibs. They are doing absolutely nothing here other than demanding their supporters chuck in a £5 donation to charity. They themselves are contributing a big fat zero, nil pounds, no cash, not a penny.

If you think it is a good idea, nothing to stop you buying Hearts top and having that printed on the back.

Dagger Is Back
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I see no heroes in this situation. I see a lot of people doing their duty and doing their bit. Making Tik Tok videos is not hero worthy. Do you think the real battlefield heroes would have had time to make attention seeking social media videos?

The firefighters of 911 are true heroes, people fighting terminal cancer without losing their smile and spirit are heroes to me. Homosexuals who come out in Islamic countries are brave and heroic. Phillip Schofield is not I may add.

I work in finance. I am not a hero.

Sorry that you're unable to see the heroes that most of the rest of us can. Your second paragraph I can identify with and indeed your final paragraph, I can agree with in buckets

Felix Lighter
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh, see you are back again praising Hibs. They are doing absolutely nothing here other than demanding their supporters chuck in a £5 donation to charity. They themselves are contributing a big fat zero, nil pounds, no cash, not a penny.

If you think it is a good idea, nothing to stop you buying Hearts top and having that printed on the back.

Does the £5 go to charity though? The statement they made wasn't specific.

I read it to mean it's the profit from each £5, ergo they could charge £4.99 to attach the NHS logo to the strip and the 1p profit goes to charity.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Does the £5 go to charity though? The statement they made wasn't specific.

I read it to mean it's the profit from each £5, ergo they could charge £4.99 to attach the NHS logo to the strip and the 1p profit goes to charity.

Jezo, that is even worse than I thought of them. Not even the Hibees could possibly benefit from the £5 extra. 

26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hate to piss on your parade, and as much as I hate to admit it. Hibs are giving up a main shirt sponsor which will be a substantial amount of income for them, in order to thank the NHS. So Hibs will take a hit in the pocket, and their supporters will cough up to donate to the NHS. Brilliant thing to do and can see a few more following suit. Probably started a trend here. We are so far behind it hurts!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, WADZ said:

Hate to piss on your parade, and as much as I hate to admit it. Hibs are giving up a main shirt sponsor which will be a substantial amount of income for them, in order to thank the NHS. So Hibs will take a hit in the pocket, and their supporters will cough up to donate to the NHS. Brilliant thing to do and can see a few more following suit. Probably started a trend here. We are so far behind it hurts!

even though we gave up our main shirt sponsor for save the children 5 years ago, and were the first club in Scotland to pay the living wage, a move hibs still haven’t followed despite being the working mans club.

Hobo Alert 😂 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, WADZ said:

Are Hibs the only people who saw the virus in advance as they must have given up their shirt sponsor last season as well. You really need to disguise yourself better or else wasting time setting up account to blow it after only a few posts.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

This

some people on here are too immature to appreciate good things. 

I bet if we thought of it first, everyone would think it’s a great idea 

They didn’t think of it first, this guy did a few days ago. They couldn’t even get the logo right.

Basically Dempster has failed to find a sponsor again and came up with this. Would they not be better off asking for £5 donation for the club and saying 1% of profits would got to the NHS?

F06EB791-1805-41BD-A8ED-A14EA31D02F1.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

even though we gave up our main shirt sponsor for save the children 5 years ago, and were the first club in Scotland to pay the living wage, a move hibs still haven’t followed despite being the working mans club.

Hobo Alert 😂 

👏👏👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🌈

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Are Hibs the only people who saw the virus in advance as they must have given up their shirt sponsor last season as well. You really need to disguise yourself better or else wasting time setting up account to blow it after only a few posts.

Im as big a jambo as you'll meet. But I'm also very honest and realistic. From a business point of view we are a mess. They're thriving atm and seem to have a togetherness. Something we are sadly missing and I think we can all agree on that!

12 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Of course you are right Sooperstar. Someone paid to sponsor our top and donated the space to Save the Children. Argued until blue in the face, but yet still i8hibsh is wrong and refuses to acknowledge it. Can't say I'm surprised. The truth wouldn't fit his warped world view.

If i8hibsh was American he would currently be out on the streets as part of one of those sad little groups of the always offended campaigning for the lockdown to be lifted. Sadly we have to put up with him here instead. At least we now know that one of his many issues is that he was once dumped by a nurse. Maybe someone in the ticket office turned him down for a date as well. Would go some way to explaining the thousands of hours he has put in to hating Hearts.

Superb😂👌🏻

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I see no heroes in this situation. I see a lot of people doing their duty and doing their bit. Making Tik Tok videos is not hero worthy. Do you think the real battlefield heroes would have had time to make attention seeking social media videos?

The firefighters of 911 are true heroes, people fighting terminal cancer without losing their smile and spirit are heroes to me. Homosexuals who come out in Islamic countries are brave and heroic. Phillip Schofield is not I may add.

I work in finance. I am not a hero.

Aye my mate who is a nurse in Aberdeen on one of the Covid wards who has contracted it and is in a bad way doesn’t matter a **** does she...Most of these staff in the Covid wards don’t have time to piss in a bottle as they work such is the level of care people are needing but you crack on with your pathetic bulls**t

9 hours ago, Last Laff said:

And so is a doctor/nurse dealing with patients they can catch a deadly virus there is usually a vaccine for?  You’re not that daft either but you’ve not thought before you’ve spouted here. 

exactly as above my friend has contracted it and is in a bad way but you know just doing her job...

3 hours ago, WADZ said:

Gave up a sponsor? What the **** are you on about giving up a shirt sponsor they haven’t had one for two years. This NHS thing is nice but worded very carefully could easily be 1p in the £5 they give to charity.

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Most of these staff in the Covid wards don’t have time to piss in a bottle as they work such is the level of care people are needing but you crack on with your pathetic bulls**t

Pathetic just about sums it up, but probably doesn't go far enough.  Every single thread is ruined by his "patter". It's always the same. 

My partner's ran off her arse dealing with COVID up at the hospital, never stopping worrying about contracting it herself, all whilst watching people literally die from it despite best efforts. 

But nah, it's just "lib snowflake nonsense" eh, right enough. 

Can we not just ban him? Now is a time to come together and appreciate everyone, this prick is just bitter,  clearly one of life’s victims

See the hibs fans are back out again 

There’s one further up that was shittzing himself about how many goals hibs were going to win last derby by and then wasn’t seen again till last couple of weeks 

1 hour ago, theshed said:

See the hibs fans are back out again 

There’s one further up that was shittzing himself about how many goals hibs were going to win last derby by and then wasn’t seen again till last couple of weeks 

You would think the 11 Hearts related threads on page 1 of Hibs.nut would be enough to occupy them. 

allystrachan

I understand the gesture from Hibs & it’s clearly a good idea. But it would be better if a percentage from each strip went to charity rather than asking people to pay more for it. 

to be honest if it was a hearts too I’d rather pay extra to not have it on my top. 

let’s see how many people pay the extra to get that on their strip & how much money is raised because I doubt it will be anything too significant. Fair play for dishing out tickets though. 

13 hours ago, Uche said:

Know what?  Fair play to Hibs.  A very classy gesture and will be a best-seller for them shirt wise.  

Whilst on the face of it it looks good, imo they have used the NHS to sell shirts.

They need money coming in pronto hence the early release of new top, no one is going to sponsor a shirt just now until they know when games will restart and their brand gets advertising, so all Hibs have done is put something on the top that will get quick plaudits and most importantly..... much needed money from strip sales.

This all about getting money in the door quickly. NHS being used.

fabienleclerq
15 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

They have. I8 is talking shit. 

Standard. 

fabienleclerq
13 hours ago, WADZ said:

Hate to piss on yours, they couldn't attract a main sponsor last year and I'm damn near certain in this climate they weren't getting a new one in time for the new season so have put a nice pr spin on it. They haven't given up anything as they didn't have anything to give up. 

Malinga the Swinga
57 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

I understand the gesture from Hibs & it’s clearly a good idea. But it would be better if a percentage from each strip went to charity rather than asking people to pay more for it. 

to be honest if it was a hearts too I’d rather pay extra to not have it on my top. 

let’s see how many people pay the extra to get that on their strip & how much money is raised because I doubt it will be anything too significant. Fair play for dishing out tickets though. 

Agree on bit about donation. If they gave percentage of shirt sale to NHS, then that would be a great gesture. They aren't though and are trying to drum up cash which is basically profiteering on the back of crisis. Of course they have to as Ron has agreed deferrals and is looking at a huge bill in future.

If Hearts had done this, then there would have been outcry from press and usual negative anti Hearts posters on here.

As for giving free tickets away, they do that just now and still can't get people to attend. Let's just hope they enter liquidation at some point and Edinburgh can be free of them.

29 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Agree on bit about donation. If they gave percentage of shirt sale to NHS, then that would be a great gesture. They aren't though and are trying to drum up cash which is basically profiteering on the back of crisis. Of course they have to as Ron has agreed deferrals and is looking at a huge bill in future.

If Hearts had done this, then there would have been outcry from press and usual negative anti Hearts posters on here.

As for giving free tickets away, they do that just now and still can't get people to attend. Let's just hope they enter liquidation at some point and Edinburgh can be free of them.

Is it not a case of selling the top £5 cheaper than usual and pay the £5 to go to the nhs if they want?  If not and it’s £5 above the cost of a normal top then it is a bit of a rip off. 

Byyy The Light
14 hours ago, Uche said:

It’s a publicity stunt on the back of a crisis. Not very classy at all.  Would have been classy if it was done for the correct reasons but it’s not, it’s so they can all sit about and slap each other on the back and say “look at us, look how righteous we are” while coining it in from shirt sales. 

33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Is it not a case of selling the top £5 cheaper than usual and pay the £5 to go to the nhs if they want?  If not and it’s £5 above the cost of a normal top then it is a bit of a rip off. 

It's £5 to get a transfer on the top over and above the strip cost. 

40 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

There are so many Hibs supporters on this thread and the site in general.

Its like those people who read celebrity magazines mate, they like to see "how the other half" live.

It's a shame really.

Hectormasson
12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its like those people who read celebrity magazines mate, they like to see "how the other half" live.

It's a shame really.

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🌈

1 hour ago, droid said:

It's £5 to get a transfer on the top over and above the strip cost. 

How much does the strip cost? In fact I’m no really bothered 😁

adambraejambo
15 hours ago, WADZ said:

Why are we so far behind lol. 

Hearts join forces with STC with the charity I believe getting over half a million pounds. Cost to Hearts fans zero plus we get around the same amount .  Hibs will donate some money from sale of strips if the fan pays a extra fiver on top of a already greatly inflated price (every team strip is inflated in price) Hibs would need to sell over 100000 strips just to be in same ball park if we having a contest about which club generated the most cash for a good cause. 

15 hours ago, WADZ said:

http://www.dungannonswiftsfc.com/2020/04/22/thank-you-dungannon-swifts-to-pay-tribute-to-nhs/

It is  a great idea, but the trend seems to have started somewhere else?

47 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Why are we so far behind lol. 

Hearts join forces with STC with the charity I believe getting over half a million pounds. Cost to Hearts fans zero plus we get around the same amount .  Hibs will donate some money from sale of strips if the fan pays a extra fiver on top of a already greatly inflated price (every team strip is inflated in price) Hibs would need to sell over 100000 strips just to be in same ball park if we having a contest about which club generated the most cash for a good cause. 

👌🏻👌🏻

People need to chill. And it isn't very often I say those words as a very short tempered, impatient person. 

It's some words on a t-shirt. 

Nice gesture or not I couldn't give a **** if Hibs had "we got pumped at Hampden" on their top. 

**** Hibs.

south morocco
2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

It’s a publicity stunt on the back of a crisis. Not very classy at all.  Would have been classy if it was done for the correct reasons but it’s not, it’s so they can all sit about and slap each other on the back and say “look at us, look how righteous we are” while coining it in from shirt sales. 

If you read them on Twitter, they’re very self righteous about it, while slagging us off. I suppose they can’t beat us on the pitch so are straw clutching at this, even though their club are asking them to pony up more dosh while the club take

all the plaudit. Morons !

Edited by south morocco

It's a fair enough gesture but it's being overplayed a bit. Basically Hibs sponsorship fell through last year because they couldn't attract the value they thought they were worth or the quality of brand that they wanted to be associated with. They decided not to take the offer on the table and spun it as wanting to promote their community programme (wonder where they got that idea from?). This year, given the situation they knew that they and any other club whose sponsorship deals were due for renewal, were unlikely to get a deal so they have chosen to use the advertising space for a good cause at no expense to them which will garner support from the general punter and get them some positive PR. No harm done, but nothing heroic either just reasonable public relations initiative. 

So back on topic, can the people with the relevant IT skills do the business with the mocked up kits as it's the best thread of any season. 

Fair play but it does seem a bit like jumping on a PR bandwagon.

In defence of i8, at least he's consistent. I don't remember people left, right and centre declaring nurses heroes and clapping them weekly previously. They're incredible people, but they were before covid-19 too.

Batistuta87
On 22/04/2020 at 09:43, Mr 3 Putt said:

I think ours will be maroon with a bit of white here and there.

Will be funny if there's nae white :) 

Batistuta87

I see they've confirmed that we'll be using the black 3rd kit again next season which is good - maybe an early reveal and pre-orders for a new home kit would be a good idea now to get some money in. 

I'm worse than a kid when it comes to new kits. I'm always dying to see them and to get them. Loved all three of the kits this year so hopefully the new home and away are good again this year. Would love for us to do something completely different with the home top this season.

Wondering if we might do a copy of the 1980/81 kit which was also Umbro as it goes: 

heart of midlothian 1979-82  

Or maybe another kit with black socks to copy the 1920/21 one: 

heart_of_midlothian-1919-1920aug_ak.gif

Would be pretty happy with either of those. We had quite an outlandish home top this year with the pattern, so don't know if we'll get more of the same 2 years on the trot. They might play it safe and go with something a bit more plain this time around. Hopefully not though - love it when they do something different. 

On 24/04/2020 at 14:55, Batistuta87 said:

I see they've confirmed that we'll be using the black 3rd kit again next season which is good - maybe an early reveal and pre-orders for a new home kit would be a good idea now to get some money in. 

I'm worse than a kid when it comes to new kits. I'm always dying to see them and to get them. Loved all three of the kits this year so hopefully the new home and away are good again this year. Would love for us to do something completely different with the home top this season.

Wondering if we might do a copy of the 1980/81 kit which was also Umbro as it goes: 

heart of midlothian 1979-82  

Or maybe another kit with black socks to copy the 1920/21 one: 

heart_of_midlothian-1919-1920aug_ak.gif

Would be pretty happy with either of those. We had quite an outlandish home top this year with the pattern, so don't know if we'll get more of the same 2 years on the trot. They might play it safe and go with something a bit more plain this time around. Hopefully not though - love it when they do something different. 

Noticed that on Hearts Direct that the 3rd Kit is now titled 19/20 and 20/21 Third kit. 

Love black socks with the home strip but unlikely with the all black third strip. 

Looking forward to see what Umbro come up with. 

On 23/04/2020 at 11:48, i8hibsh said:

This has been argued till we are blue in the face.  We pay them.  Budge's reasoning is it generates other income like benefactors etc.  Why would a 'charity' pay out millions every year to sponsor a football team.  It is an absurdity.

Utter bollocks. You really have no idea what goes on outside your bedsit.

On 24/04/2020 at 14:46, south morocco said:

Will be save the children logo again? Serious question.

Current deal runs to summer 2021, so yes :thumbsup:

Siphiwe Tshabalala

PR exercise from Hibs.

Pretty sure our kit sponsor has been a children’s charity for a number of years now.

Seymour M Hersh

I noticed that Aiden the guffy Smith is creaming his 16 year old shit stained y-fronts again over this strip. Never opened the link on the hibby rag though as I wanted to keep my breakfast down. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

On 24/04/2020 at 11:03, Byyy The Light said:

It’s a nice enough gesture. 

But yes my first two thoughts were 1) publicity stunt - where fans have to pay additional amount and 2) we did this in a much grander scale years ago where fans were not asked to pay more for the strip and the charity gets far more money out of it, and there was no major bandwagon around it. 

It’s a big club wee club thing again.

But as I said nice gesture by Hibs nonetheless. 

Might turn into a scenario where any vermin without the print will be singled out for abuse (or more than usual) by folks similar to the poppy police we see every year.