2020-21 Kit Design - Revealed!!

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

Every year since I joined JKB, there's been a thread guessing or wishing for next season's kit. Usually from March onwards.

Are we letting circumstances divert our attention from what's important?

Surely it's time for the artists to let loose with their predictions.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Batistuta87

• Pasquale for King

• Anything2

Was having a look at some of the usual online site that "leak" the coming seasons new strips (just to dip out of all the negativity on the news and on here), and the teamwear templates for some of the usual big gun suspects are horrendous and utterly devoid of imagination, yet the RRP will still be north of £50 for a glorified T-Shirt. Didn't see anything from Umbro, but so far since our return to them, their designs have been miles ahead of Adidas, Nike and Puma. As has been the case for some years, the designs from some on here are 9 times out of 10 better than what we end up with.

But back into the real world it could be a pointless task releasing strips for "next season".

A_A wehatethehibs

Just instruct Umbro to re-make the 5-1 kit, with Strongbow on there as shirt sponsor. Get Rudi Skacel in to model it rather than any of the current shite bag players. In fact Rudi could still do a better job at age 40 than Jamie Walker at LM, certainly more pace, so get him signed. Job done, coffers filled. 

Watching our waste of space pile of shite players model a new kit would feel like watching Nicola Sturgeon and Grotbags model the latest line in French lingerie.

Randy Marsh
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Watching our waste of space pile of shite players model a new kit would feel like watching Nicola Sturgeon and Grotbags model the latest line in French lingerie.

I heard Ann Budge has demanded rainbow laces on the collar.

9 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Surprised I would not be.

been here before
14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Neither of which you're going to see.

Given football tops tend to be worn by rather odd middle aged men I thought you'd be all over them. 

But then that would mean you contributing simething to the club.

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Scotland said:

25th Anniversary inspired away kit.

HeartsKits2020.thumb.jpg.33342307c8f63871915c1084e53d1d76.jpg

Without any shirt sponsor = winner! 👍 

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, Scotland said:

I loved that strip but it hasn't aged well. 

Could I make a simple plea that players' names are displayed in a readable font and that they are in full upper case.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Scotland said:

Grrrrrr there minted, shit the new kit won't look anything like those😄🇱🇻

I guess we will have to like the idea of that Hibs top, or bang pots at a certain time or in some way we do not respect nurses.  Nauseating, just nauseating.

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10621

actually a great idea

maybe we should do similar 

"The words of thanks will adorn our new home shirts, and supporters will be asked to pay the sum of £5 to have the transfer applied, with all profits being donated to our local NHS charity, Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation."

That's actually a great idea, and should raise a decent amount of cash :thumbsup:

I'd like to see us follow suit.  We could even have it as a back-transfer under the numbers.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I guess we will have to like the idea of that Hibs top, or bang pots at a certain time or in some way we do not respect nurses.  Nauseating, just nauseating.

Unsurprisingly, you don't like something :yawn:

What's the harm here?  They're raising money for a good cause and if it helps some dafties appreciate the NHS a bit more when life starts to get back to normal, and not just in times of crisis and pandemic, then all the better.

Edited by tian447

Why don’t we have a scheme where we can say thanks on the tops of the first team players who accepted the clubs wage cuts to save jobs, make it easy to remember the ones that have held the club to ransom........

Pretty clear that Hibs and indeed ourselves struggle to attract a sponsor willing to pay what them and us believe to be market price. 

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

What's the harm here?  They're raising money for a good cause and if it helps some dafties appreciate the NHS a bit more when life starts to get back to normal, and not just in times of crisis and pandemic, then all the better.

Don't like who?  I just don't buy into what is now almost myhtology about these 'heroes'. I respect their job and most of them in the most part do a good job but I don't see them as 'heroes' no.  I see them as doing their job.  Like life in general there will be many chancers, many bad ones and many lazy ones. Of course some will be saints but this all reeks of social media cherry picking.  Taking what is 'in vogue' at the time and jumping on the bandwagon. 

Not one person gave a **** about the NHS workers till now, not one - not really.  I've dated several nurses and known and know many - none are heroes.  they are just like the rest of us............Joe Schmoes just trying to get by.

Really object to all this shit.  Hang out your window like a deranged lunatic, clap your hands like a robot and bang pots every Thursday at 8pm or in some way you do not appreciate 'key workers'.  

If you work and pay taxes you are an essential worker.  Our economy is ****ed and we need more than hand claps and nauseating hashtags to do this.  I respect any job that contributes, and do not need a hashtag for me to show it.  Nurses are NOT special.

I am sure my fanclub will come on with the abuse but I am not sure how much more I can explain the above.  I do respect nurses, I just don't buy the mythology we have created around them. And why just the NHS btw?   Can we have a round of applause for the policemen and women that get absolutely jack shit appreciation all day everyday, are grossly underpaid and put up with shit from the decay of society around the clock.  Of course however, no-one will give a **** nowadays until we get that 'hashtag'.

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Pretty clear that Hibs and indeed ourselves struggle to attract a sponsor willing to pay what them and us believe to be market price. 

How long is the STC 'sponsorship'?  We can afford no luxuries in the championship so hopefully this will be the last season.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How long is the STC 'sponsorship'?  We can afford no luxuries in the championship so hopefully this will be the last season.

Are we not getting paid to have Save the children? 

Hibs on the other hand are two years without a sponsor... 

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

Are we not getting paid to have Save the children? 

Hibs on the other hand are two years without a sponsor... 

This has been argued till we are blue in the face.  We pay them.  Budge's reasoning is it generates other income like benefactors etc.  Why would a 'charity' pay out millions every year to sponsor a football team.  It is an absurdity.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Don't like who?  I just don't buy into what is now almost myhtology about these 'heroes'. I respect their job and most of them in the most part do a good job but I don't see them as 'heroes' no.  I see them as doing their job.  Like life in general there will be many chancers, many bad ones and many lazy ones. Of course some will be saints but this all reeks of social media cherry picking.  Taking what is 'in vogue' at the time and jumping on the bandwagon. 

Not one person gave a **** about the NHS workers till now, not one - not really.  I've dated several nurses and known and know many - none are heroes.  they are just like the rest of us............Joe Schmoes just trying to get by.

Really object to all this shit.  Hang out your window like a deranged lunatic, clap your hands like a robot and bang pots every Thursday at 8pm or in some way you do not appreciate 'key workers'.  

If you work and pay taxes you are an essential worker.  Our economy is ****ed and we need more than hand claps and nauseating hashtags to do this.  I respect any job that contributes, and do not need a hashtag for me to show it.  Nurses are NOT special.

I am sure my fanclub will come on with the abuse but I am not sure how much more I can explain the above.  I do respect nurses, I just don't buy the mythology we have created around them. And why just the NHS btw?   Can we have a round of applause for the policemen and women that get absolutely jack shit appreciation all day everyday, are grossly underpaid and put up with shit from the decay of society around the clock.  Of course however, no-one will give a **** nowadays until we get that 'hashtag'.

Shut the **** up.

Austin MacGlee

Good PR for the Hobos. Opportunistic and capitalising on a nation-wide feeling of "appreciation".

Meanwhile, Budge is bumping her gums and alienating the clubs she needs to get on side with every ill-advised interview she gives. 
Scunnert.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This has been argued till we are blue in the face.  We pay them.  Budge's reasoning is it generates other income like benefactors etc.  Why would a 'charity' pay out millions every year to sponsor a football team.  It is an absurdity.

I thought it was the case that one of our benefactors gave us the money in place of sponsorship or to give to STC or something.

1 minute ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Good PR for the Hobos. Opportunistic and capitalising on a nation-wide feeling of "appreciation".

Meanwhile, Budge is bumping her gums and alienating the clubs she needs to get on side with every ill-advised interview she gives. 
Scunnert.

She will be kicking herself she never thought of it first.

Never read an article on it but are Hibs making money on it?  Surely they will not go 2 years without sponsorship revenue?

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Do us all a favour and take some more time off as your misguided bitterness was not missed.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Of all the nonsense posted here, this bit is the absolute worst.  Not only is the NHS more than just Nurses (there are 13 other categories of profession), every single one of us have had involvement with them at some time.  There are plenty of people out there who are thankful for them, be it those who have suffered an accident, had life-saving surgery, given birth, had their worries addressed, or many many other things that go on all day, every day.  These workers are people that go into a high-risk work enviroment every day, knowing they are the most likely out of everyone to catch COVID-19, but unlike you or I, they can't just patch work otherwise people will die.

It never stops and there are plenty of people who wouldn't be here if it weren't for the NHS so how ****ing dare you say not one person gives a shit about them.  What an absolutely ****ing disgusting attitude you have, but it's alright because you've tried to pump a few nurses in your days.  

No one is asking you to hang out a window and bang pots and pans to show your support.  Just stop being a torn-faced disaster about absolutely every single thing that is posted on here, and doing your absolute best to make it all about you.

To address your other point, yes there are plenty of other essential workers that should also be appreciated, but face it - without the NHS, the whole country would be in the shit.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Im sure there’s benefactors that cover the sponsorship.  

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I thought it was the case that one of our benefactors gave us the money in place of sponsorship or to give to STC or something.

Something like that, but we receive zilch from STC.  These are non profit charities (allegedly) who have tax exempt status - I think we can safely say this would all be reviewed if they splashed out millions on sports sponsorship.

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I was thinking about this recently. How come the two clubs in Scotland’s most affluent city (and capital) cannot attract a single shirt sponsor between them?

Is it a simple case of the respective owners over valuing their clubs. Or are Edinburgh based companies just not interested in supporting local clubs?

Forever Hearts
23 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Ffs don't give her any ideas. 

33 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Agreed.

Good message, good marketing and a good idea.

We received praise from our sponsoring of Save the Children and they deserve the same.

Jambo 4 Ever
34 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This

some people on here are too immature to appreciate good things. 

I bet if we thought of it first, everyone would think it’s a great idea 

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

without the NHS, the whole country would be in the shit.

Of course this is true but where do we stop? You could list a million things that we would be ****ed without.  Do we talk about the finance sectory that generates about 60p in every £1 spent on the NHS.  From bin men to bankers - they all get my appreciation.

Saint Jambo
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Of course you are right Sooperstar. Someone paid to sponsor our top and donated the space to Save the Children. Argued until blue in the face, but yet still i8hibsh is wrong and refuses to acknowledge it. Can't say I'm surprised. The truth wouldn't fit his warped world view.

If i8hibsh was American he would currently be out on the streets as part of one of those sad little groups of the always offended campaigning for the lockdown to be lifted. Sadly we have to put up with him here instead. At least we now know that one of his many issues is that he was once dumped by a nurse. Maybe someone in the ticket office turned him down for a date as well. Would go some way to explaining the thousands of hours he has put in to hating Hearts.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

If i8hibsh was American he would currently be out on the streets as part of one of those sad little groups of the always offended campaigning for the lockdown to be lifted. 

Would have no time inbetween my MAGA rallies.

Bunny Munro

I like the Hibs gesture, but to me it seems to be worded oddly.

"The words of thanks will adorn our new home shirts, and supporters will be asked to pay the sum of £5 to have the transfer applied, with all profits being donated to our local NHS charity, Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation."

This suggests to me that it will be optional when buying the kit, like an add on. £50 for the top and £5 for the sticker. Seems a strange way of doing it. Why not make it compulsory like normal sponsors are and just raise the price by £5.

Austin MacGlee
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She will be kicking herself she never thought of it first.

Never read an article on it but are Hibs making money on it?  Surely they will not go 2 years without sponsorship revenue?

Without a shadow of a doubt. 

No idea mate, some Hibby ******* from work sent it to the group call earlier and I had to sit and listen to all the middle Englanders on the call praising them. Nauseating.