Why do fans of other clubs hate Hearts?

jamboinglasgow

kirkierobroy

The only teams I hate

RangersCeltic

CelticRangers

England

Auchinleck Talbot (keep beating us)

Kilsyth Rangers (local rivals from a neighbouring town where washing hasn't yet been discovered)

That's really it.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• CARDIFFBOY

• martoon

• Debut 4

Two things:

1) The general football supporting population of Scotland is rammed full of Red Top buying and reading simpletons who believe what they read in the Record and Sun. The SMSM like to have a pop at us because we are the third biggest club in the country, and we are not from Glasgow. The GFA has always disliked Edinburgh football and the fact that Edinburgh is the Capital City of Scotland. Most Glaswegian OF supporters are myopic simpletons of the ‘Glesga’s Miles Better’ mould, and that is where most of the journalist come from.

2) The old grooming bigot arseholes on our support have indoctrinated a reasonable number of teenagers in to their twisted mindset, and with the media too scared to highlight the big problem that the OF have with these types, so they go after Hearts instead.

All imo.

Because outside the bigoted two we are the biggest football club in the Scotland with the biggest football fan base not built on bigotry. 

If you watch the highlight reel from the the 1956 cup final that's on the club Facebook page today the commentary is all about Celtic's early chances and how Hearts haven't won the cup in 49 years. Given its a final that we won 3-1 and the team featured some of the best Scottish talent of that or any generation, you would think a neutral would be more positive about us. So it's not new that the media put a spin on the club. 

1st Scottish club to do the living wage (2nd in the whole of UK)

1st club to have a proper battalion enlist to war with pride & something that is always mentioned on sky news for remembrance sunday.

Great hospitality suites

Large support 

Off field schemes & charities for vulnerable families & Mental health.

SAVED OUR CLUB FROM DYING WHILST OTHER CLUBS DIED.

Bazzas right boot

Same reasons club hate each other all over Scotland.and the world. 

There’s just something superior about being a Hearts man. I think there comes a time when they realise that but they just can’t bring themselves to change teams. 

12 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

1st Scottish club to do the living wage (2nd in the whole of UK)

1st club to have a proper battalion enlist to war with pride & something that is always mentioned on sky news for remembrance sunday.

Great hospitality suites

Large support 

Off field schemes & charities for vulnerable families & Mental health.

SAVED OUR CLUB FROM DYING WHILST OTHER CLUBS DIED.

I think you are right but it goes a lot further.  Despite our on field woes, we are a club of actions rather than words.  The fantastic new stand is real.  The £1,000,000 spent on the pitch is real.  FoH is real.  With the possible exception of Aberdeen, other clubs outside the OF can't even dream of these achievements.

If you look at our neighbours who are at the forefront of the strong dislike, what improvements have they made over the past 5 years.  Since they constructed a deal with the banks to save them, they've been living hand to mouth and still are.  Their infrastructure hasn't improved one iota and were it not for the Scottish Cup win which gave them a huge boost, they could well be back in the championship.

So it's craven jealously on their part and the certain knowledge that our on field woes will be temporary.

oilrig jambo
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Same reasons club hate each other all over Scotland.and the world. 

the last thing we want is to be liked by other clubs when they stop hating, they stop fearing, with the problems we have at present are we really concerned about our popularity? the more we are hated the more I like it

If Ms Budge had not made such a complete and utter fudge of everything she has done since Robbie left us you would know why... We should be knocking on the door of winning a premier championship not looking at demotion to the Scottish Championship! Hearts could and should be a major force in Scotland only inept stewardship has seen us where we are. 

Byyy The Light

Many fans of other teams I know hate Hearts fans for what they see as a sense of entitlement that’s been present since Romanov times. Essentially too big for our boots despite rarely backing it up. 

That, the media and the mini hun thing.

1 hour ago, Anything2 said:

I think it has developed over a long period of time. And is in some way a guilt or jealousy that their team have generally bought into the old firm centric system that we have. Only Hearts in the late 50s into early 60s and Aberdeen in the early 80s have sustained any kind of success, maybe briefly Dundee United also in the 80s. The big difference is that Dundee United was for a really short period of time and Aberdeen was only for that one period in history. However, Hearts are one of the historic clubs who already had major honours under their belt before they had their golden period. The old firm and media would have been delighted in the late 60s and 70s when we were struggling, in their view an end to any realistic challenge given the successors were Hibs who during their best years played second fiddle to Celtic and didn't win what they perhaps should have. Then they were stung by the Aberdeen/Dundee United era. Just as that was coming to an end, a young dynamic Hearts team had emerged from nowhere and nearly won again. That would have been a concern as had that been successful, it wouldn't be a flash in the pan 'new firm' win but the potential for a resurgence of an old foe with a track record of success. That was quashed but fast forward to the 90s and another young exciting Hearts team grew throughout the decade and nearly toppled them again. Then the Vlad years, at least the early ones was the biggest let off of all time in terms of a quality side who looked like they had the resources to strengthen year on year. Fans of other teams didn't see this as a positive for Scottish football but rather were disappointed that again it wasn't their team that was mounting the challenge. They are resigned to the old firm winning because they are convinced that they can't compete but to see another team do just that, however seldom, is a source of pain for them. 

Away from the playing side, Hearts have generally argued on the side of progress and change, not least recently and in the previous voting / breakaway discussions. As it happens I think ICT were the only ones to support us them as well. Meanwhile, Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell in particular have bowed to the old firm / media pressure. 

All in I think most fans dream that their team will be the team to finally stop the old firm and as one of the few teams to have dared to challenge in the last 100 years, they want us to fail and be kept in our box. 

Well worded 👍.... as crete rightly mentioned....

we also have the best and greatest crest in the whole wide world (every one of them ) that we’ve displayed on the greatest colour of strip in the world . Jealous about us ...

damn right they are

Are we hated? With obvious teams yes but I’ve never felt the general perception of us was hatred I’ve spoken to fans of other teams over the years and though not of envy they weren’t totally anti-Hearts but ask our pet gimp ‘ I’ve seen the light’ he seems to like us what Aberdeen fans in general think of us.

gowestjambo
28 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Many fans of other teams I know hate Hearts fans for what they see as a sense of entitlement that’s been present since Romanov times. Essentially too big for our boots despite rarely backing it up. 

That, the media and the mini hun thing.

The above statement really says it all. We seem to be stuck in a vacuum.  We have an inferiority complex against the Old Firm and a Superiority Complex against everyone else. Our record against the likes of Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and St Mirren is pathetic. We only seem to be up for the battle against hibs. We should be dominating the bottom six, but seem to think we only have to turn up to win. As Criag Levein stated in his early days (Yes him!!) You need to win the battle before you win the game. Unfortunately, we appear to hand the initiative to the opposition from KO.

It is time we got back to being a team of Fighters. and if other teams hate us - it should be for the reason that we turn them over!!

been here before

An utterly paranoid OF type thread. 

Outside of Hubz, naturally and Sellick, obviously, no one really 'hates' us more than any other team.

Edited by been here before

Willie Hamilton genius
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Two things:

1) The general football supporting population of Scotland is rammed full of Red Top buying and reading simpletons who believe what they read in the Record and Sun. The SMSM like to have a pop at us because we are the third biggest club in the country, and we are not from Glasgow. The GFA has always disliked Edinburgh football and the fact that Edinburgh is the Capital City of Scotland. Most Glaswegian OF supporters are myopic simpletons of the ‘Glesga’s Miles Better’ mould, and that is where most of the journalist come from.

2) The old grooming bigot arseholes on our support have indoctrinated a reasonable number of teenagers in to their twisted mindset, and with the media too scared to highlight the big problem that the OF have with these types, so they go after Hearts instead.

All imo.

This is all so true

But reading through this thread I imagine other fans would think of a lot of Hearts supporters as arrogant and entitled.

The bigot brothers in this beautiful but sad little country are accepted as the norm.

Clerry Jambo

Two things:

All imo.

Spot on Mothy 

Hi Jambos, Cardiff City fan in peace here, from our perspective we thrive on the fact that absolutely no one likes us, it's a bit like Millwall, no one likes us, we don't care. I wouldn't have it any other way. Everywhere we go we attract attention, probably because pretty much every game is an England v Wales affair and also because of our Soul Crew antics in years gone by. I am gutted as I would have been visiting your fine city next week and was going to visit all of the tourist attractions and Tynecastle. Trip obviously cancelled due to this bloody virus. I have developed a soft spot for Hearts and will be determined to get up to Edinburgh as soon as it's safe to do so. I wish you luck for the future and like I said, no one likes us, we don't care. 

4 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Hi Jambos, Cardiff City fan in peace here, from our perspective we thrive on the fact that absolutely no one likes us, it's a bit like Millwall, no one likes us, we don't care. I wouldn't have it any other way. Everywhere we go we attract attention, probably because pretty much every game is an England v Wales affair and also because of our Soul Crew antics in years gone by. I am gutted as I would have been visiting your fine city next week and was going to visit all of the tourist attractions and Tynecastle. Trip obviously cancelled due to this bloody virus. I have developed a soft spot for Hearts and will be determined to get up to Edinburgh as soon as it's safe to do so. I wish you luck for the future and like I said, no one likes us, we don't care. 

Superb debut post. 👏

Montgomery Brewster
5 hours ago, Gambo said:

I think they fear us, if we could ever get our shit together.

Correct

4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Probably folk associate us with the most hated club in the country when some of our fans act in similar tea towel waving fashion.

Ever seen our fans waving Celtic tea towels....

millerjames398
4 hours ago, Jodami said:

It's just not true though is it. We have challenged until the end of the season twice in my lifetime, 86 and 98, sadly times which can never be repeated now due to money. Deluding ourselves along those lines just invites ridicule. And don't shout Leicester at me, they were still able to spend millions on players when they won the EPL - anyone decent we develop will never stay around for long enough.

By challenge at the top, im not naive to think we could actually challenge to win the league, i meant consistently gettin the 3rd spot, we should be aiming for, if hearts are doing that, then it leaves the Motherwell, saint johnstones etc out the picture for the euro qualifiers, and for that reason, thats why i feel theres a fair bit of resentment towards us,,, but its just a thought 👍🏼🇱🇻

Hectormasson

0ur fans have always been hated, but saying that we do have some naughty annoying fans,  but wouldn't have it any other way,, hmfc f....k the rest wel be back ' 🇶🇦🇶🇦🏴‍☠️🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Funny stuff on Hibs.nut. 

A million reasons why they hate us but not one of them true. 

17, 22, 4-0 and 5-1 at Hampden and, just a few weeks back, an easy 1-3 win at the (don't laugh) Leith San Siro is why they're doolally with hatred of HMFC.

They're terrified of us. We make their lives a bloody misery. Up to the mid/late '60's and since 1983. They believed that short period of dominance would last forever but two boots in the nuts from Robbo and a Jimmy Bone headbutt later and their illusions were shattered. 

Their only comeback is the pathetic "aye, but hertz cheated". Never mind that Hibs nearly went under after overspending on the like of Goram, Houchen, Archibald, McLeod...nah, it doesn't count when Hibs live outwith their means. All that dough that wasn't paid back and for what? Three derby wins in between our 17 and 22 without defeat. 

They blame Hearts, and fantasies about cheating, for their woeful derby record when, in truth, the blame lies with the Hibs players who can count their derby wins on one hand. Roughie can count his without need for hand or digit. 

Their "hertz are cheats" shite is a lot more palatable to them than facing reality.  

If Hearts ever have cheated, show us the asterisk; show us the link from the SPFL/SFA/UEFA/FIFA that states that their fantasies are true. 

25 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Cheers Martoon! 

👍

Are Swansea fans as demented as Hibs supporters? 😊

41 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Nice post mate , you will be welcomed at tynecastle 👍

Edited by One five

15 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

By challenge at the top, im not naive to think we could actually challenge to win the league, i meant consistently gettin the 3rd spot, we should be aiming for, if hearts are doing that, then it leaves the Motherwell, saint johnstones etc out the picture for the euro qualifiers, and for that reason, thats why i feel theres a fair bit of resentment towards us,,, but its just a thought 👍🏼🇱🇻

Wasn't having a go mate, wish it was true! The truth is we toiled to finish top 3 consistently in the Romanov years when we could pay a lot more money in wages. I think what has held us back on so many occasions recently is taking gambles on players and thinking things can be done by some kind of shortcut. It takes time, accumulating one or two good players, generally out of contract best in the league outside of the arse cheeks and bringing one or 2 on would be the solid way to build. However we became a retirement home and gambled on some poor English players and foreigners. Or gambled on coaching wunderkind. 

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Funny stuff on Hibs.nut. 

A million reasons why they hate us but not one of them true. 

17, 22, 4-0 and 5-1 at Hampden and, just a few weeks back, an easy 1-3 win at the (don't laugh) Leith San Siro is why they're doolally with hatred of HMFC.

They're terrified of us. We make their lives a bloody misery. Up to the mid/late '60's and since 1983. They believed that short period of dominance would last forever but two boots in the nuts from Robbo and a Jimmy Bone headbutt later and their illusions were shattered. 

Their only comeback is the pathetic "aye, but hertz cheated". Never mind that Hibs nearly went under after overspending on the like of Goram, Houchen, Archibald, McLeod...nah, it doesn't count when Hibs live outwith their means. All that dough that wasn't paid back and for what? Three derby wins in between our 17 and 22 without defeat. 

They blame Hearts, and fantasies about cheating, for their woeful derby record when, in truth, the blame lies with the Hibs players who can count their derby wins on one hand. Roughie can count his without need for hand or digit. 

Their "hertz are cheats" shite is a lot more palatable to them than facing reality.  

If Hearts ever have cheated, show us the asterisk; show us the link from the SPFL/SFA/UEFA/FIFA that states that their fantasies are true. 

BRAVO! ENCORE!

1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

If Ms Budge had not made such a complete and utter fudge of everything she has done since Robbie left us you would know why... We should be knocking on the door of winning a premier championship not looking at demotion to the Scottish Championship! Hearts could and should be a major force in Scotland only inept stewardship has seen us where we are. 

Inept stewarding since 1874 mate

apart from a brief period from 1954 - 1965... then in 1966 our inept stewards sacked the most successful manager in the club’s history 

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

👍

It's the Cardiff are the Capital,they get everything and we get nothing, they totally hate us and we hate them but we have just as big a rivalry with Bristol City, must be the city's which are 40 miles apart thing!

4 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

It's the Cardiff are the Capital,they get everything and we get nothing, they totally hate us and we hate them but we have just as big a rivalry with Bristol City, must be the city's which are 40 miles apart thing!

Only ever been to Cardiff and Newport down there. Cardiff is a great city. Newport was like a suburb of Beirut. Nasty wee place.

19 minutes ago, One five said:

Nice post mate , you will be welcomed at tynecastle 👍

Cheers, perhaps you can point me in the right direction regarding best pre match pubs, me and a mate will defo be up there soon as we can when this God awful mess is sorted. I was so looking forwards to next week,gutted ain't the word but staying safe so have to be patient. HHGH.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Only ever been to Cardiff and Newport down there. Cardiff is a great city. Newport was like a suburb of Beirut. Nasty wee place.

Cardiff is a wonderful city, Newport ( Zooport) and Swansea don't compare, I hope when I finally get to Edinburgh your city blows me away ,the same as when visiting fans come to Cardiff.

32 minutes ago, martoon said:

👍

How do Hearts and Hibs fans actually get on, is it bitter rivalry or is it like Liverpool v Everton rivalry, family members supporting different clubs? I know about the Irish history with Hibs but I don't think it goes as far as Celtic v Rangers in terms of bitter hatred?

16 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Cheers, perhaps you can point me in the right direction regarding best pre match pubs, me and a mate will defo be up there soon as we can when this God awful mess is sorted. I was so looking forwards to next week,gutted ain't the word but staying safe so have to be patient. HHGH.

There's good pubs around Tynecastle but it all depends what your after , I often go to the caley sample room about a 5/10 min walk from the ground friendly atmosphere nice good and nice beer , the tynecastle arms is next to the ground I go there if I can get there early and not wanting to eat but gets very busy but good atmosphere as well , athletic arms is great for a pie and the best pint in Edinburgh in my opinion good atmosphere again 5/10 mins from the grounds , they would be my recommendations there will be others who will probably give you more  good ones in there opinions 👍

17 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

How do Hearts and Hibs fans actually get on, is it bitter rivalry or is it like Liverpool v Everton rivalry, family members supporting different clubs? I know about the Irish history with Hibs but I don't think it goes as far as Celtic v Rangers in terms of bitter hatred?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, bud. I avoid them. Long since realised they're beyond reason. 

You can't have a civil chat with a loon who claims everything Hearts do is tainted, underhand and dishonest whilst the Holy Hibs are righteous and good. 

Life's too short to waste any of it talking to a Hibby. I wouldn't say hello to one on a lonely day. 

Good to see this thread has made it on to .net and if you fancy feeling good about the fact you're a Hearts fan, I highly recommend giving it a read. They are so hilariously bitter towards us because we hold all the records in Edinburgh and always will. Even during this, our worst season in living memory, we still managed to skelp them twice on their own patch.

What is the actual point of Hibernian FC?

Edited by haj

49 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Our former owner Wallace Mercer tried to buy them off two dodgy criminals who wanted to offload them in the late eighties early nineties. He was going to shit them down, and swallow up their resources.

In 2013 when we were on the brink of liquidation and trying to secure a CVA to save the club, the Hibs support tried to stall the deal and cane within minutes having us liquidated.

There’s **** all friendly about our rivalry, other than a few Hearts supporters who naively don’t believe they actually hate us.

For most of us it’s every bit as steeped in hatred as the OF derby. The OF never had the two incidents I mentioned above happen between them.

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

I always believed the hatred stems from the 70's and early 80's when the Gorgie Aggro ruled the terraces. 

This, we feared no one , on the field or off ,FTH

56 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Heres 1582 PAGES of evidence as to why I despise them:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?158395-Share-Transfers-Agreed-Cooling-off-period

Don’t expect you to read it all, but it covers the period where our previous owner’s bank collapsed and we entered administration. 

There are guys in there who actually wrote emails to the Lithuanian government to try and scupper our CVA. Our administrator Bryan Jackson of BDO later admitted that it nearly worked.

Heres one of the emails from an absolute sad case of a man called Kevin Moffat:

Dear Mr Gustas

I write to you as a concerned and ashamed Scotsman to inform you of an attempt by fellow Scottish people to defraud the Republic of Lithuania of many millions of pounds. You are no doubt aware of the plight of Ukio Bankas, UBIG and the dreadful conduct of the major shareholder in both of these companies Vladimir Romanov. But it is another of his ventures, namely his interest in Heart of Midlothian football club in Edinburgh I would like to draw your attention to. Since 2006 Mr Romanov has ploughed many millions of pounds, estimates believed to be as much as ?85million, which has now turned out to be money he nor his banking groups could afford to invest, and these concerns raised many times over by the financial and football authorities here in Scotland. These concerns were continually ignored by officials at Hearts and also by their support who were happy to accept the success that has turned out to be the people of your countries money. Please also note that Romanov was refused permission to purchase shares at 2 other clubs. This is because he could not fund the regimes he was looking to put in place. This was ignored by Heart of Midlothian. They operated throughout his tenure with substantial losses which have now come to be at the Lithuanian tax payers expense. I would like to reiterate at this point that they have spent ?85 million pounds of your money. I would also like to bring to your attention their failure to pay charities, police costs, healthcare costs and uk taxes owed during this time.

The current state of affairs at Heart of Midlothian sees them in administration and seeking a deal whereby the shares currently owned by UBIG, Ukio bankas and Ukio Bankas security on Tynecastle stadium in Edinburgh is sold to Bidco for the paltry sum of ?2.5million. It is at this point I would like to make you aware of several areas of prime development land in Edinburgh that have sold recently for many millions of pounds over the ?2.5million currently being offered to your people. It is at this point I would also say that it is my opinion that you would not be serving the people of Lithuania if you did not recover as much of their money that this organisation has taken with no intention of paying back. I would urge you to seek trustworthy advice on the value of the assets before proceeding with any deal as there is no doubt accepting an offer of ?2.5 million is depriving your people of many of millions of pounds.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the disgusting way in which this organisation has squandered many millions of pounds of your countries money. I find it totally unacceptable and would urge you to use all of your power in recouping your peoples money. If the tables were turned, it would be the least I would expect of my government. I would also appreciate your thoughts on the issues I have raised and if you are able to, your intentions in the future regarding these.

I look forward to your reply

Mr Kevin Moffat"

Craig Herbertson
4 hours ago, Anything2 said:

I think it has developed over a long period of time. And is in some way a guilt or jealousy that their team have generally bought into the old firm centric system that we have. Only Hearts in the late 50s into early 60s and Aberdeen in the early 80s have sustained any kind of success, maybe briefly Dundee United also in the 80s. The big difference is that Dundee United was for a really short period of time and Aberdeen was only for that one period in history. However, Hearts are one of the historic clubs who already had major honours under their belt before they had their golden period. The old firm and media would have been delighted in the late 60s and 70s when we were struggling, in their view an end to any realistic challenge given the successors were Hibs who during their best years played second fiddle to Celtic and didn't win what they perhaps should have. Then they were stung by the Aberdeen/Dundee United era. Just as that was coming to an end, a young dynamic Hearts team had emerged from nowhere and nearly won again. That would have been a concern as had that been successful, it wouldn't be a flash in the pan 'new firm' win but the potential for a resurgence of an old foe with a track record of success. That was quashed but fast forward to the 90s and another young exciting Hearts team grew throughout the decade and nearly toppled them again. Then the Vlad years, at least the early ones was the biggest let off of all time in terms of a quality side who looked like they had the resources to strengthen year on year. Fans of other teams didn't see this as a positive for Scottish football but rather were disappointed that again it wasn't their team that was mounting the challenge. They are resigned to the old firm winning because they are convinced that they can't compete but to see another team do just that, however seldom, is a source of pain for them. 

Away from the playing side, Hearts have generally argued on the side of progress and change, not least recently and in the previous voting / breakaway discussions. As it happens I think ICT were the only ones to support us them as well. Meanwhile, Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell in particular have bowed to the old firm / media pressure. 

All in I think most fans dream that their team will be the team to finally stop the old firm and as one of the few teams to have dared to challenge in the last 100 years, they want us to fail and be kept in our box. 

Lots of good  points but I'd agree with this.

The internet and the easy availability of fan forums and fan opinions has helped fuel hatred, In the old days you went back to your Hearts pals and slagged off other teams and had a bit of banter with the defeated. Now if you put out an unguarded  statemet it's up there forever and adds to the general hatred.

6 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

This is all paranoid nonsense. Everybody hates everyone else. If Hibs or Aberdeen were bottom they’d be getting this media exposure. 

Correct.

26 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Lots of good  points but I'd agree with this.

The internet and the easy availability of fan forums and fan opinions has helped fuel hatred, In the old days you went back to your Hearts pals and slagged off other teams and had a bit of banter with the defeated. Now if you put out an unguarded  statemet it's up there forever and adds to the general hatred.

The whole social media/internet angle has definitely added a new dynamic to football rivalries. For one thing, you can't get away with making stuff up about other teams the way kids did when I was at school. For instance, a quick Google search will prove that Hibs do not hold a record of 32 Derby victories in a row as one of my class mates would insist. 

Edited by Anything2

Seymour M Hersh

I suppose there are many factors as mentioned above but I'd also include the advent of unsocial media. Think of the shite posted on here about other teams. 30 years ago it would be shite spraffed amongst pals in the pub pre/post game and that's as far as it would ever go but now anyone can come on here and read threads. Obviously this goes both ways and have our levels of despising/hating increased in recent years. I'd suggest they might have. 

Jingle Bells
3 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Saw the 1990s version in action at Brisbane Road. Game as ****.

Our former owner Wallace Mercer tried to buy them off two dodgy criminals who wanted to offload them in the late eighties early nineties. He was going to shit them down, and swallow up their resources.

In 2013 when we were on the brink of liquidation and trying to secure a CVA to save the club, the Hibs support tried to stall the deal and cane within minutes having us liquidated.

There’s **** all friendly about our rivalry, other than a few Hearts supporters who naively don’t believe they actually hate us.

For most of us it’s every bit as steeped in hatred as the OF derby. The OF never had the two incidents I mentioned above happen between them.

55 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Heres 1582 PAGES of evidence as to why I despise them:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?158395-Share-Transfers-Agreed-Cooling-off-period

Don’t expect you to read it all, but it covers the period where our previous owner’s bank collapsed and we entered administration. 

There are guys in there who actually wrote emails to the Lithuanian government to try and scupper our CVA. Our administrator Bryan Jackson of BDO later admitted that it nearly worked.

Heres one of the emails from an absolute sad case of a man called Kevin Moffat:

Dear Mr Gustas

I write to you as a concerned and ashamed Scotsman to inform you of an attempt by fellow Scottish people to defraud the Republic of Lithuania of many millions of pounds. You are no doubt aware of the plight of Ukio Bankas, UBIG and the dreadful conduct of the major shareholder in both of these companies Vladimir Romanov. But it is another of his ventures, namely his interest in Heart of Midlothian football club in Edinburgh I would like to draw your attention to. Since 2006 Mr Romanov has ploughed many millions of pounds, estimates believed to be as much as ?85million, which has now turned out to be money he nor his banking groups could afford to invest, and these concerns raised many times over by the financial and football authorities here in Scotland. These concerns were continually ignored by officials at Hearts and also by their support who were happy to accept the success that has turned out to be the people of your countries money. Please also note that Romanov was refused permission to purchase shares at 2 other clubs. This is because he could not fund the regimes he was looking to put in place. This was ignored by Heart of Midlothian. They operated throughout his tenure with substantial losses which have now come to be at the Lithuanian tax payers expense. I would like to reiterate at this point that they have spent ?85 million pounds of your money. I would also like to bring to your attention their failure to pay charities, police costs, healthcare costs and uk taxes owed during this time.

The current state of affairs at Heart of Midlothian sees them in administration and seeking a deal whereby the shares currently owned by UBIG, Ukio bankas and Ukio Bankas security on Tynecastle stadium in Edinburgh is sold to Bidco for the paltry sum of ?2.5million. It is at this point I would like to make you aware of several areas of prime development land in Edinburgh that have sold recently for many millions of pounds over the ?2.5million currently being offered to your people. It is at this point I would also say that it is my opinion that you would not be serving the people of Lithuania if you did not recover as much of their money that this organisation has taken with no intention of paying back. I would urge you to seek trustworthy advice on the value of the assets before proceeding with any deal as there is no doubt accepting an offer of ?2.5 million is depriving your people of many of millions of pounds.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the disgusting way in which this organisation has squandered many millions of pounds of your countries money. I find it totally unacceptable and would urge you to use all of your power in recouping your peoples money. If the tables were turned, it would be the least I would expect of my government. I would also appreciate your thoughts on the issues I have raised and if you are able to, your intentions in the future regarding these.

I look forward to your reply

Mr Kevin Moffat"

Great stuff, bud. 

Always hear the sound of scuttling cockroaches when I read that thread.