Why do fans of other clubs hate Hearts?

jamboinglasgow

Just now, TorinoJambo said:

However, the Lothians, and to a lesser extent, the borders and Fife, have loads of Jambos. I'm from Penicuik and it is teeming with us.

I moved to Penicuik almost three years ago. Does seem to be a few, but I am disappointed in the amount of Timmothies. :yucky:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• CARDIFFBOY

• martoon

• Debut 4

1 minute ago, TorinoJambo said:

However, the Lothians, and to a lesser extent, the borders and Fife, have loads of Jambos. I'm from Penicuik and it is teeming with us.

Think you've nailed it, bud. City of Edinburgh is probably fairly even but it's the Lothians etc. where our fanbase considerably out numbers them. 

Hibs are very much the club of their kind. The vast majority of their support is restricted to Leith and it's overspill in the north of the city. Hearts have no such dependency on Gorgie and surrounding areas. Our support is spread out all over Edinburgh, Lothians... 

TorinoJambo
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I moved to Penicuik almost three years ago. Does seem to be a few, but I am disappointed in the amount of Timmothies. :yucky:

Hibs Cup Final there were eight buses of jambos. Pubs etc as well as the Supporters club. There are Tims and Huns, all descendants of the couple of hundred miners who came here in the fifties from Lanarkshire to work at the then new Bilston Glen. I was born 1954 and started primary in 1959 at a newly built Cuiken school. Half the class were from the new council scheme built for these incomes. Likewise, the catholic population grew massively as a lot of the I comers were of that persuasion.

Thanks lads for all the info and insights regarding how the support is spread around the city and how rival fans are controlled at the local derby, all very helpful, I pray that Hearts get treated fairly with the resolution of this season, I really think had the games been played out Hearts would have escaped. HHGH.

On 21/04/2020 at 22:16, Jingle Bells said:

Edited by CARDIFFBOY

37 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Thanks lads for all the info and insights regarding how the support is spread around the city and how rival fans are controlled at the local derby, all very helpful, I pray that Hearts get treated fairly with the resolution of this season, I really think had the games been played out Hearts would have escaped. HHGH.

Welcome back anytime, bud. Don't be a stranger. 👍

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Welcome back anytime, bud. Don't be a stranger. 👍

Cheers Martoon , I will be watching very closely what happens with the SPL and keeping my fingers crossed for The Boys In Maroon, fantastic football forum, great Club. HHGH

Know a few fans from down south and they don't hate the club.

Problem is that in Scotland, the SFA pander to the old firm, what they want goes. Most clubs accept it, Hearts don't. Aberdeen fans like to believe they are the biggest supported club in Scotland outside the old firm, likewise Hibs. Facts are that Hearts are the biggest supported club in Scotland outside the old firm and average attendances over the last ( I don't know...) 35 years have shown that to be the case. Once in a blue moon our attendance drops slightly while one or two others hike slightly for a brief period of time but overall, those clubs know the truth and don't like it. That's where part of the dislike comes from.

Back to the SFA...Scotland in football terms is a relatively small country and the rats that work in the SFA and other bodies have been brought up with the old firm dominating. When someone else tries to break the duopoly, they turn against that club. Hearts over the years have generally been that club. How dare another club have the audacity to challenge and make the league competitive! Romanov found that out within 6 months of being here in 2005. He constantly questioned them and disagreed with them more often than not. Refs seemed to be instructed to book and send off more Hearts players than anyone else. The vhs and dvd highlights I've got have shown this through commentators saying that shouldn't have happened or this is unfair/refs got that wrong etc etc. Two reasons for this, firstly, Hearts were challenging, a threat, the powers that be do not like that. Secondly, they wanted Romanov out the way as they feared they would be found out and their cozy little nudge-nudge wink-wink set-up pulled apart. It was no surprise that Hearts were fined (I think) three years in a row for having the worst disciplinary record in the country. Some fouls, bookings and sendings off were comical. Pinilla doing a rock-the-baby motion after scoring at Pittodrie springs to mind then he's sent off, I mean seriously!?

The best years in Scottish football are now behind us. TV money has ruined what in the 80s was an excellent competitive league. Clubs got to play fairly regularly in European football without twenty-five fekin rounds of qualifiers! Hearts got to the semi-finals of the UEFA cup, Aberdeen were excellent in Europe and won competitions, Dundee Utd were a really good football team and got to latter stages of European football including the Cup Winners Cup Final, and beat Barcelona along the way. Also like that Hibs knew their place and were happy just to avoid relegation more often than not each season. Hearts will always be the club that questions the powers that be, that is the reason we are disliked, don't want to upset the bigot brothers. Others will follow on regardless tipping their caps to whatever suits the old firm. Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir.

I always think of Hearts as a club that questions the establishment, the Sex Pistols of Scottish football, the ones that need to be dealt with and silenced by the authorities and I for one, am quite proud and happy we do.

• 2 weeks later...
dannymack
On 23/04/2020 at 08:12, Sarah O said:

Yay! A flag debate about a flag that's nothing to do with football! 

IBTL

A flag debate ? FFS typical kickback* response for stating a fact ! It's not a debate unless you want to show me Her Majesties written proof that Glasgow Rangers FC own it.

* Apologies to the Kickbackers who are normal.

dannymack
On 23/04/2020 at 11:41, IveSeenTheLight said:

No offence, but that is a tune that is definitely associated with the Blue Arse Cheek.

In all my visits to Tynecastle or when you guys come up north, I can't recall Hearts signing this, morover its "H.E.A.R.T.S...." or "Hello, Hello, we are the Gorgie boys" (another tune incidentally, synonymous with the Blue Arse Cheek), but never the "no-one likes us, we don;t care"

I don't hate Hearts, if anything its respect as games against Hearts are always tough, regardless of how both teams form are.

I may not like how you play at times, or some of the choice of songs you sing, but that's part of football, there's nothing to hate about it .

Aberdeen and Hearts don't have a rivalry as such, but I would say that both are teams should be competing against each other in many aspects. We are similar sized clubs with similar budgets.

In anticipation, yes, I concede that Hearts have a larger home support than Aberdeen, whilst I'd expect Hearts fans to acknowledge that Aberdeen are more successful commercially in other areas, meaning that financially we are in the same ball park.

Every season is a new slate and I always expect that the main challenge (to Aberdeen) in the league should come from Hearts / Hibs, whilst other teams can temporarily punch above their expectations i.e. Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone (a few seasons ago). Thats not to concede that we all aim to punch above our targets each year.

Millwall mate 👌

joking aside, my wee ditty was tongue in cheek. 

Hectormasson
On 24/04/2020 at 09:21, martoon said:

Think you've nailed it, bud. City of Edinburgh is probably fairly even but it's the Lothians etc. where our fanbase considerably out numbers them. 

Hibs are very much the club of their kind. The vast majority of their support is restricted to Leith and it's overspill in the north of the city. Hearts have no such dependency on Gorgie and surrounding areas. Our support is spread out all over Edinburgh, Lothians... hundreds of fans 

Correct everywhere , and hundred's of fans in leith, and other areas etc, truly an edinburgh club......🇱🇻🇱🇻🇶🇦🇶🇦

11 hours ago, dannymack said:

A flag debate ? FFS typical kickback* response for stating a fact ! It's not a debate unless you want to show me Her Majesties written proof that Glasgow Rangers FC own it.

* Apologies to the Kickbackers who are normal.

Yawn.

Ex member of the SaS

Rather than a thread about why the fans hate us, how about a thread on WHY the other clubs are so keen to shit on us? These are extraordinary times and a perfect time to change the format ( yes it will greatly benefit Hearts ) but surely all the rest can see the benefits so why are they so keen to ignore a restructuring and see Hearts down? Was there the same animosity when Aberdeen were saved due to seating in stadia?

With so many clubs determined to see us demoted what is behind this hatred? 

Rooster20

I could not care less about the rest of Scottish football. It is 12:30pm on the 75th anniversary of the defeat of undeniable evil in Europe and only 3 clubs in the premiership have tweeted commemoration (Hearts, Rangers & Hamilton, compared with almost every english club. I don't know why but this ignorance and disrespect makes me so angry.

jamboinglasgow
36 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Rather than a thread about why the fans hate us, how about a thread on WHY the other clubs are so keen to shit on us? These are extraordinary times and a perfect time to change the format ( yes it will greatly benefit Hearts ) but surely all the rest can see the benefits so why are they so keen to ignore a restructuring and see Hearts down? Was there the same animosity when Aberdeen were saved due to seating in stadia?

With so many clubs determined to see us demoted what is behind this hatred? 

I think it comes about people wanting to see a bigger club fall. 

Yawn.good stay sleeping Sarah. No doubt you will weaken when someone utters the buzzwords green,flag or british yawn yawn

Hectormasson
56 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Yawn.good stay sleeping Sarah. No doubt you will weaken when someone utters the buzzwords green,flag or british yawn yawn

🤣🤣🤣🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👈👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good study on Twitter tonight but only for the mentally strong  :)

I wouldn't advise it

queensferryjambo

Q: Why do fans of other clubs hate Hearts?

A: Because they are dicks!

Who gives a shit what spiteful football fans and football clubs think about us? We will still be here when they are long gone.

:fonzie:

WaikatoJambo

It seems to be mainly the manky mob and the shit clubs from the Glasgow satellite zone, Motherwell, Accies, Maryhill Thistle etc.  Something to do with being bitter West coast welts who hate everything that reminds them of a better life outside their inward looking "AhBelangTaeGlasgae" slum cesspool of a city and distracts them from revelling in their own banality.  Did I mention I don't really like them either?

Ehllhayapeh

I dont think in Uniteds case theres much if any malice towards Hearts. The only thing that gets said every now and then is the mini Rangers thing, mainly though in the context of reminding ourselves how much we hate Rangers.

Many United fans consider Tynecastle one of the better away days. I know I do.

The only hate on Tannadice Street is for Rangers Celtic and Roma plus the bribed referee in that European semi.Technically Aberdeen but thats more because we are pro animal welfare.

We dont even hate Dundee. The Dundee derby is a very different thing to Embra and Glesca as the rivalry ends on 90 minutes. 

Ive also cheered other scottish teams in Europe. I remember cheering when Eberdeen equalised against Bayern. 

I went to Uni in Edinburgh and have too many friends who support the Edinburgh teams to hate them. Do enjoy the wins though 😉

Edited by Ehllhayapeh

Angel eyes
5 hours ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

I dont think in Uniteds case theres much if any malice towards Hearts. The only thing that gets said every now and then is the mini Rangers thing, mainly though in the context of reminding ourselves how much we hate Rangers.

The only hate on Tannadice Street is for Rangers Celtic and Roma plus the bribed referee in that European semi.Technically Aberdeen but thats more because we are pro animal welfare.

We dont even hate Dundee. The Dundee derby is a very different thing to Embra and Glesca as the rivalry ends on 90 minutes. 

Ive also cheered other scottish teams in Europe. I remember cheering when Eberdeen equalised against Bayern. 

I went to Uni in Edinburgh and have too many friends who support the Edinburgh teams to hate them. Do enjoy the wins though 😉

As far as I’m concerned United have never been an issue Dundee on the other hand.......well sure I don’t need to explain.

18 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Ps before getting pulled by the spelling police,I meant waken 

Dearie me. 

What an inspirational Brit you are.

BlackJAC?

Probably for the same reasons we dislike other clubs and gloat at their misfortune. It's what we as football fans do.

Broxburn Jambo

To be honest, Celtic and Hibs hate us, Rangers in any version only hate us when they don't beat us, and for some reason all the Lanarkshire clubs really dislike us. the rest I find hate us on match days which is as it should be

Forza Cuore

Hearts have the best Badge, best stadium for atmosphere, best club song and play in the best city in the UK.

Jealousy pure and simple.

Good...twats.

Gorillajam
On 21/04/2020 at 10:13, Des Lynam said:

This is all paranoid nonsense. Everybody hates everyone else. If Hibs or Aberdeen were bottom they’d be getting this media exposure. 

Anyway who wants to be liked? 

This. The OF and Aberdeen think everyone hates them the most.

Angel eyes
On 21/04/2020 at 15:13, Des Lynam said:

This is all paranoid nonsense. Everybody hates everyone else. If Hibs or Aberdeen were bottom they’d be getting this media exposure. 

Anyway who wants to be liked? 

Well just as well we don’t mind being hated cos it very obvious we are.

I dislike Celtic and Rangers equally. They have ruined Scottish football for years and stopped many clubs being a challenge by buying their best players for peanuts. I have no problem with players leaving Hearts for bigger wages, I do have a problem with those two dangling a few miserable quid in our direction and us agreeing to it. They constantly whinge (Celtic in particular) when they get knocked out of Europe and blame the league for not being competitive enough yet when they do have a club challenge, they purposely try to weaken their opponents by signing their best players and not even play them that often, most either sit around on the bench for a year or two then leave once everyone has forgotten about them. This is part of the reason the Scotland has failed so often in the last 20 years or so. I look at Dundee Utd a few years back, Celtic signed a few of their best players, they never recovered, and got relegated. Folk will say ah but, Hearts signed John Souttar from them, yes, but the difference was that when he signed, he was a main player and not someone signed to sit on the bench or stand or weaken Dundee Utd, unlike, Gary Mackay-Steven and a few others that Utd had at the time that went to Celtic. The most recent being a fairly strong Kilmarnock team. They had some good players like Jordan Jones, Greg Taylor and others, where are they now? Rangers and Celtic's benches. Kilmarnock are now on the way down the league again since Steve Clark left.

On disliking clubs, well, Celtic and Rangers2012 obviously, Hibs just because they have never accepted that they are shadowed by Hearts and why they have the well-known chip-on-the-shoulder, which, in fairness, disappeared slightly after they won the Scottish Cup, but it's starting to creep back in now that normality is starting to return. Dislike Hamilton as they are a club that shouldn't be in any top league with the tiny support and terrible stadium they have, however I do respect them for their youth policy, the same as Motherwell with their youth policy, a team I don't really mind that much. Never disliked Dundee Utd. They were a great football team to watch in the 80s and a team I feared more to play against than the old firm. Dundee I dislike with a passion. Always want them to lose (unless it's against Hibs). Aberdeen were a good team back in the day but unfortunately for them, it was 40 years ago and they still live off that. I don't particularly like them or hate them. They're just a pain when they spout their nonsense. Can't be bothered with Falkirk. They seem to think there's a derby-type rivalry against us. I find their fans very "Hibernian-esque" Don't mind anyone else although St Johnstone have become a bitter, miserable little club that will sell their soul to the (old-firm) devil. Now that misery-guts Wright has gone, it's downhill for them from now on.

Angel eyes
3 hours ago, jambonian said:

I dislike Celtic and Rangers equally. They have ruined Scottish football for years and stopped many clubs being a challenge by buying their best players for peanuts. I have no problem with players leaving Hearts for bigger wages, I do have a problem with those two dangling a few miserable quid in our direction and us agreeing to it. They constantly whinge (Celtic in particular) when they get knocked out of Europe and blame the league for not being competitive enough yet when they do have a club challenge, they purposely try to weaken their opponents by signing their best players and not even play them that often, most either sit around on the bench for a year or two then leave once everyone has forgotten about them. This is part of the reason the Scotland has failed so often in the last 20 years or so. I look at Dundee Utd a few years back, Celtic signed a few of their best players, they never recovered, and got relegated. Folk will say ah but, Hearts signed John Souttar from them, yes, but the difference was that when he signed, he was a main player and not someone signed to sit on the bench or stand or weaken Dundee Utd, unlike, Gary Mackay-Steven and a few others that Utd had at the time that went to Celtic. The most recent being a fairly strong Kilmarnock team. They had some good players like Jordan Jones, Greg Taylor and others, where are they now? Rangers and Celtic's benches. Kilmarnock are now on the way down the league again since Steve Clark left.

On disliking clubs, well, Celtic and Rangers2012 obviously, Hibs just because they have never accepted that they are shadowed by Hearts and why they have the well-known chip-on-the-shoulder, which, in fairness, disappeared slightly after they won the Scottish Cup, but it's starting to creep back in now that normality is starting to return. Dislike Hamilton as they are a club that shouldn't be in any top league with the tiny support and terrible stadium they have, however I do respect them for their youth policy, the same as Motherwell with their youth policy, a team I don't really mind that much. Never disliked Dundee Utd. They were a great football team to watch in the 80s and a team I feared more to play against than the old firm. Dundee I dislike with a passion. Always want them to lose (unless it's against Hibs). Aberdeen were a good team back in the day but unfortunately for them, it was 40 years ago and they still live off that. I don't particularly like them or hate them. They're just a pain when they spout their nonsense. Can't be bothered with Falkirk. They seem to think there's a derby-type rivalry against us. I find their fans very "Hibernian-esque" Don't mind anyone else although St Johnstone have become a bitter, miserable little club that will sell their soul to the (old-firm) devil. Now that misery-guts Wright has gone, it's downhill for them from now on.

One player in reference to Dundee Utd Willow Flood he was the main player for them that season,  Celtic under strachan took him to Celtic park big fanfare think it was an old firm game that he might make his debut...can’t mind if he did but hardly kicked a ball for Celtic did it make them stronger, no did it weaken Dundee Utd, yes and so it goes on.......

Clerry Jambo
On 09/05/2020 at 03:58, Ehllhayapeh said:

The old tannadice was always my fav away ground, loved the steep covered terracing and generally always a decent atmosphere 

On 09/05/2020 at 03:19, WaikatoJambo said:

It seems to be mainly the manky mob and the shit clubs from the Glasgow satellite zone, Motherwell, Accies, Maryhill Thistle etc.  Something to do with being bitter West coast welts who hate everything that reminds them of a better life outside their inward looking "AhBelangTaeGlasgae" slum cesspool of a city and distracts them from revelling in their own banality.  Did I mention I don't really like them either?

:laugh:

JimCornette

I don't think we're any more hated than most other clubs. 

Football fan psychology rule of thumb is you hate your local rival, and you hate the must successful teams. This rings true in all nations the world over.

As we're the 3rd or 4th most successful club in recent memory there will be some residual heat from other clubs, but I think there's a healthy rivalry / banter with most other clubs truth be told. 

JimCornette
On 09/05/2020 at 13:12, Forza Cuore said:

Hearts have the best Badge, best stadium for atmosphere, best club song and play in the best city in the UK.

We sure do. We have a lot going for us. We also pay very competitively by Scotland's standards and can attract decent players.

That's what makes this self inflicted horror show car crash of a season so hard to stomach. 

19 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The old tannadice was always my fav away ground, loved the steep covered terracing and generally always a decent atmosphere 

I rarely missed Tannadice back in the good old days of the 80s and early 90s. Thinking about it, it was probably my favourite away game as well. Pint in the Clep Inn, pie from the butchers (or was it baker, can't remember) doon the road. Went to Dens Park as well but not as often as Tannadice. Can't stand Dundee. Mind you if ye scored, those steps at Tannadice were a bit steep! Always a decent atmosphere though.

Edited by jambonian

Салатные палочки

Have noticed in the last few days Hibs fans (on social media and in person) have become absolutely insufferable. I cant even talk to one without becoming angry to the point of actually wanting to hit them. 

Clerry Jambo
37 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Have noticed in the last few days Hibs fans (on social media and in person) have become absolutely insufferable. I cant even talk to one without becoming angry to the point of actually wanting to hit them. 

Hibs are well known mate for being in your face when things going well for them or normally when we are in a bad spell, flip side being they hide like feck when their team is generally shite👍

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

As I said in one of my posts further up, they are well known for having a massive chip on their shoulder, always have done. It did slightly drop for a short while when they won the Scottish Cup, they actually became slightly bearable. However, in traditional fashion, they are starting to go back to normal and have too much to say for themselves. Thing is, they might be having a wee chuckle to themselves at the moment but in time, they will be brought back down to earth as they always have been. I never worry about what any of them say, I wouldn't swap Hearts history for theirs. You know what they say, it's never over til the fat lady sings (or should that be fat striker scores?) :robbo: