• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• luckyBatistuta

• SwindonJambo

• been here before

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

if he has died i expect NK military leaders to wheel him out weekend at bernies style and assume control in the background (even though i expect them to be doing that anyway)

It's hard to believe that on hearing that a fat, mad, narcissistic world leader might have died, there will be a lot of disappointment when it turns out to be Kim Jong Un.

Edited by fancy a brew

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It's hard to believe that on hearing that a fat, mad, narcissistic world leader might have died, there will be a lot of disappointment when it turns out to be Kim Jong Un.

:laugh:

Tommy Brown
16 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:naughty:

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

News appears to be breaking that he’s in a ‘vegetative state’.

Keep up, we all knew that

7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Nothing to worry  about, I've been in them before.

Dagger Is Back
11 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

👏

11 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Superb.  :clap:

1 hour ago, kila said:

So what is his sister like? Hopefully some stability and nothing rash happens...

Marginally more attractive than him but still mad as a box of frogs 

Ehllhayapeh
On 21/04/2020 at 12:31, trotter said:

Neither do I. I spend a reasonable amount of time in S. Korea, both in Seoul and at the shipyards on Geoje Island, and even the locals never seem to bothered about it. 

On a related note, if anyone gets a chance to visit the DMZ, go. Don't think, just go. It's an incredibly strange, yet weirdly beautiful place. This is from the visitor center looking towards the border through the DMZ. It's one of the largest accidental nature preserves in the world, as there is no human interference whatsoever.

dmz.jpg

I used to live in Korea and Ive been to DMZ and second your suggestion to go. Its a very interesting place to visit. 

I used to work primarily on Jeju Island but also visited Seoul alot for work. As you say Seoul is only 40km from the border and people generally dont think day to day about the north. The reality is that while an attack on Seoul may kill up a million people it would also end the regime.

Jong Uns sister seemed very much in awe at the Winter Olympics in Pyongchang. My wife and I have pictures with a DPRK coach and some of the cheerleaders they sent. I know during Korea Ice Hockey games she was also in the stadium. Theres a chance there if she takes power she will try to open NK up a bit which has got to be a good thing.

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Hopefully the surrender and Unify with South Korea now. That would be amazing.

The Surrender, to who? Unification, why? I'm asking on the premise that they are considered separate identities? Why the assumptions?

Still not a peep on this on the BBC website.

Is it because they have all their journalists on covid-19 or there is nothing to this story?

24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Is it because they have all their journalists on covid-19 or there is nothing to this story?

Probably both Frank...

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Hopefully the surrender and Unify with South Korea now. That would be amazing.

Absolutely nothing to suggest that will happen. Hasn't happened for previous deaths so why now?

His sister is apparently worse than him.

14 hours ago, Whatever said:

Yeah. North Korea doesn’t seem to have advanced much over the years. Maybe it’ll be less vegetative under a new leader. 

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Absolutely nothing to suggest that will happen. Hasn't happened for previous deaths so why now?

Might be a good time for China to step in. Xi is apparently very tired of his little brother so to speak

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

It was alluded to on the Andrew Marr show as a rumour.

I would certainly recommend a visit to the DMZ. I was there in November and found it fascinating. As was the building in Panmunjom where the armistice was signed in 1953. The DPRK is not anything like it is portrayed by the UK and US. 

28 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

It was alluded to on the Andrew Marr show as a rumour.

Yeah.  Saw that after I posted.

Just back in after a walk but I am getting frustrated by the lack of non-Covid 19 news on the BBC.  I get that Covid-19 is the main story but other less depressing stories are happening too.

16 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ll miss the haircut

Have a keek out the curtains, Kim's got competition.

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

He's got a sister? Fuuuucccc.... 

I thought he was the only one left :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Looks a proper wrong 'un as well. Like, bad Hollywood movie villain wrong. The type that kills folk in weird and horrible ways, like having folk pumped to death by rabid bears or shit like that. 

6 hours ago, corkie64 said:

The Surrender, to who? Unification, why? I'm asking on the premise that they are considered separate identities? Why the assumptions?

It's the same as West and East Germany. Split up during the war. 

Aye, no worries mate, I'm sure id rather be a starving opressed North Korean, than a free living Korean. 

Edited by Cruyff

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

Looks a proper wrong 'un as well. Like, bad Hollywood movie villain wrong. The type that kills folk in weird and horrible ways, like having folk pumped to death by rabid bears or shit like that. 

:rofl:have we ever had a female dictator before?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
30 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:rofl:have we ever had a female dictator before?

She’d be a proper danger ride 

35 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I have  😀

Me too. Thankfully i left. 😁 

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She’d be a proper danger ride 

:rofl:wouldnt risk it for a biscuit. 

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

This type of rabid bear?

(Bad taste, I know he's no longer available for such tasks)

Capture.PNG.gallery.jpg

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Based on what? 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Nah a full succession plan in place for the Kim family I think. Without a coup they'll be around for a while!

Worthing Jambo
3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

What!!

Are you saying Pritti Patel is his sister?😲