• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• luckyBatistuta

• SwindonJambo

• Tommy Brown

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's the same as West and East Germany. Split up during the war. 

Aye, no worries mate, I'm sure id rather be a starving opressed North Korean, than a free living 

We live, and well leave it there mate...

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Panic over NK state say he is fine

You're usually right up for a spot of propaganda from nasty right wing governments, how come you're Mr. Read-Between-The-Lies all of a sudden?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

You're usually right up for a spot of propaganda from nasty right wing governments, how come you're Mr. Read-Between-The-Lies all of a sudden?

:laugh:

been here before

And as he cut the ribbon the factory workers "broke into thunderous cheers of hurrah".

What a man 👏

'mon the Supreme Leader.

Edited by been here before

48 minutes ago, been here before said:

And as he cut the ribbon the factory workers "broke into thunderous cheers of hurrah".

What a man 👏

'mon the Supreme Leader.

They must really like their fertiliser there.

been here before
7 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

They must really like their fertiliser there.

North Korean Freedom Fertiliser for growing The Truth against the Imperial thorns of the evil USA reprobates.

• 3 months later...
SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

More chat he's either in a coma or dead and his sister poised to take over. 

By all accounts she's a very nasty piece of work so don't expect any improvement!

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

By all accounts she's a very nasty piece of work so don't expect any improvement!

More than likely, but still, not that many female dictators so good for equality :whistling:

7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Whose accounts? Propaganda from the West. 

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

More than likely, but still, not that many female dictators so good for equality :whistling:

:D When was her brother last seen in public? I thought she was only his half sister anyway.

SwindonJambo
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Are you seriously inclined to believe North Korean news agencies over Western ones? North Korea is an absolutely brutal murderous secretive regime with no contact with the outside World that no decent country would aspire to emulate. The West isn't perfect but is streets ahead of that.

3 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Are you seriously inclined to believe North Korean news agencies over Western ones? North Korea is an absolutely brutal murderous secretive regime with no contact with the outside World that no decent country would aspire to emulate. The West isn't perfect but is streets ahead of that.

It doesn't have to be one or the other—it can be that someone doesn't believe either one. At the very least I feel like it's good to keep in mind where what we read about North Korea is coming from.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

She must be a Thatcherite.

SwindonJambo
31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

She must be a Thatcherite.

Why? There are many different types of nasty pieces of work on both left and right. I do agree that Thatcher was one, by Western standards at least.

4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

More chat he's either in a coma or dead and his sister poised to take over. 

Likely to be pish given it was pish last time?

31 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Likely to be pish given it was pish last time?

Was it? I'm not sure he's been around since the chat "last time". His sister seems to have done an awful lot and the public appearances from the one with the great hair aren't conclusive given he's got a number of body doubles. 

His sister never got to bang the drum before, why would a fit and able Kim let her do it now over the last few months?

5 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

:D When was her brother last seen in public? I thought she was only his half sister anyway.

I thought they could do the operation in one go these days 

47 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Was it? I'm not sure he's been around since the chat "last time". His sister seems to have done an awful lot and the public appearances from the one with the great hair aren't conclusive given he's got a number of body doubles. 

His sister never got to bang the drum before, why would a fit and able Kim let her do it now over the last few months?

He was photographed a few days after alive and well. Verified as well I think.

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I suppose you think Vladimir Putin is just misunderstood and demonised by the big bad West and he knew absolutely nothing about his critics being poisoned over the years too??

Shanks said no
8 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Same parents I think

Mother  Ko Yong-hui 

Consort of

Father  Kim Jong-il

SwindonJambo
26 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Same parents I think

Mother  Ko Yong-hui 

Consort of

Father  Kim Jong-il

Yep - I've since read as much. If she does succeed her brother, I don't think we can expect much change.

Jambo, Goodbye

There is currently no successor out in the open. You don't really get a second in command in NK. Jong-un is the leader and that is unquestionable and unchallenged in their government system. 

Any talk of her being the heir is purely outside speculation, for a woman to be the leader, is unprecedented and wouldn't go down well in a highly patriarchal system. But her bloodline certainly puts her in a strong position as nobody outside the family can or will be next unless there is a coup. 

Jong-un does have an older brother and a son, who is about 2 or 3 years old but he's never been shown, even on NK TV as far as I know. The generals in NK found it hard to accept a young Jong-un as their leader and would probably not take kindly to a woman taking charge but then there does appear to be literally nobody else. Jong-un really needs to stick around for the next 30-40 years ideally from the WPK's point of view. 

Some experts think it's credible that he's had heart surgery and he certainly needed to delegate power to several people to relieve his stress (and political responsibility in a failing economy), others are still leaning towards him being in a coma. Those others being people in South Korea with sources in China. 

I reckon he's still bed-ridden and it was his double who was cutting that ribbon recently, he was seen in 2017 at a missile launch I believe. 

A lot of people who study NK do seem to hold the opinion that Jong-un is the lesser of the evils. He has a westernized perspective in a few regards owing to his schooling in Switzerland, like his love for basketball. His sister was there too I believe. Dunno much more about her upbringing than that. 

Think she is currently the head of Propaganda in NK. I'll ask some of my Korean friends what they make of the latest news, like everyone else though, I suspect it'll all be guesswork...

12 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

He was photographed a few days after alive and well. Verified as well I think.

Supposedly at a factory opening or something like that. There was no verification on when the photographs were taken or when the event was. Facial recognition experts cast huge doubts on whether it was him or not 

His sister has been making an awful lot of decisions since then which is very unusual. It was her that blew up the North/South liaison office. How much did you hear of her beforehand?

I think he's bollocksed and for whatever reason they're just biding their time to tell the world that his mental sister has taken over.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Thinking of the family at this (possibly) difficult time.

Sending thoughts and prayers.

Bit lazy. Where's the candle lit vigil? 

Edited by AlphonseCapone