• Pasquale for King

• iantjambo

• Morgan

• Whatever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bunny Munro
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Didn’t have a pass to his feet the whole game, must’ve wondered what he got himself into.

Dauda was the classic 'needed time to adjust to Scottish football' player. The fans wanted a replacement for Osman Sow. Still left with a reasonable 1 in 3 goal ratio. 

Bunny Munro
59 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This

Also, Palazueos and Karipidis

Karapidis suffered for being pretty poor in his first few appearances as a right back. He was excellent under Csaba in CDM before doing well at CB when Berra was sold.

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Ksnavicius (sp)

Thought he was absolutely shite tbh. A complete waste of a jersey. Always hated seeing him in the team.

I could never understand the stick that Ryan Stevenson seemed to get from some Hearts fans. Always really liked the guy and he was a good player for us.

Georgecowie

George Cowie! Actually, no. He's probably rated about right. I would have liked to have seen more of dario zanatta. Saw him have a great game for the reserves at tynie a few years back. 

Hot since 86

Going for one which I think isn’t mentioned - Ruben Palazuelos. Played everywhere in that side.

Remember being top of the league away at St Mirren and he was immense.

Kevin Kyle up front that night who gets under rated a lot as well

Hot since 86
25 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Thought he was absolutely shite tbh. A complete waste of a jersey. Always hated seeing him in the team.

I could never understand the stick that Ryan Stevenson seemed to get from some Hearts fans. Always really liked the guy and he was a good player for us.

That goal at Easter Road when we were getting battered is up there with the best

3 hours ago, Renoir said:

How about Patrick Kisborbo, Kevin McKenna or Robert Thomaschek?

Skippy on Ice as Kisnorbo was known. He was a centre half however Levein had him like a duck out of water at LB or midfield.

McKenna was another Centre half that Levein stuck in at Centre forward - is there a trend here?

i thought Tomascek Was a disappointment TBH.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like what? Couldn’t pass or cross the ball, gave me the fear every time Riordan lines up against him. Every team in the league gave him space because he couldn’t do anything with it, like Berra or Lewis Stevenson.

Spot on!

Robbie’s second touch was a tackle!

Edited by Thomaso

1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

That goal at Easter Road when we were getting battered is up there with the best

Damn right. Scored a winner against the Huns too. He always seemed to be exhausted by half time if I'm being honest. 😂

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

The answer to this is the same as it always is. 

Neil McFarlane. 

He goes in my most overrated player box.

12 hours ago, Whatever said:

John Millar

Very much so. He took alot of stick from the terracing. I liked him and he scored a lot of important goals for us.

Hot since 86
4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Damn right. Scored a winner against the Huns too. He always seemed to be exhausted by half time if I'm being honest. 😂

Haha, mark of a true technician. 

Say What Again
10 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

😄

I suppose that's maybe what makes him underrated. To me anyway. Kind of defeats the point when someone says so-and-so was underrated and then 40 folk pile to in to agree and say how amazing he was. 

Agreed. Your suggestion is, to me, what the thread is all about. 

Not the additions of the likes of Jim Bett and Dave McPherson..... 

jambos are go!

Rene Moller a truly gifted footballer. A Lithuanian centre back called Kanchelkis I think. Not here long but an absolute rock at the back. And no way did most Hearts fans fully  appreciate the genius that was Stevie Fulton.

14 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I’ll kick off with Prince Buaben.

Got so much stick but we seemed to win more games when he was involved. Quite versatile player as well.

Good player for us.

Don’t think he was as effective without Gomis but, together thought they were great.

Davie Weir, Ritchie, Cowie, Pallardo, Berry, Whittaker, Iain Jardine so many others.

Not spectacular but solid dependable.

I know Weir became a bit of a prick when he left but his reaction at the final whistle in 98 cup final sums him up for me. Everyone around him goes bananas. He closes his eyes and smiles. Satisfied.

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Don’t think he was as effective without Gomis but, together thought they were great.

Davie Weir, Ritchie, Cowie, Pallardo, Berry, Whittaker, Iain Jardine so many others.

I know Weir became a bit of a prick when he left but his reaction at the final whistle in 98 cup final sums him up for me. Everyone around him goes bananas. He closes his eyes and smiles. Satisfied.

I wouldn’t say Weir and Ritchie were underrated. Both were very highly rated whilst with us.

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I wouldn’t say Weir and Ritchie were underrated. Both were very highly rated whilst with us.

Don’t think they were as highly regarded as others in that team

Skippy Doodle
15 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Second post in and that's mine too. 

Solid, tough tackling midfielder that can pitch in with 10 goals a season. Haven't seen many of those over the years. 

Skippy Doodle
13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Must admit I shed a tear that day.

Clip of Kello Cruickshank tribute at the start of this video 👍

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Spot on!

Robbie’s second touch was a tackle!

He could tackle, plenty practice.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I think that’s about as excited as he gets. The nephew of the Rev I.M. Jolly I think.

East Lothian Jambo
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Mo Berthe. ::troll::

I remember that day at Dens when Eddie Annand scored.  Just woeful. JJ didn't need him either which made the signing all the more baffling 

Pasquale for King

Ok let’s make this thread a bit more controversial, what else do we have to do.

I always thought that Scott Robinson was going to go on to be a great player. Nearly every manager he had at Hearts rated him,  Sergio making him vice captain for instance, but his height held him back. He had ability, a good reader of the game, quick, happy to tackle. He didn’t really master a position and wanted to stroll about in front of the back four and play sideways instead of forward. Glad he’s back in the top league.
Ok bring it on!!!!!!

kylelauren01
1 hour ago, The dog said:

Neil Chuck Berry 

Nah, he’s got a song in his memory so think he was very much rated. Paul Wright certainly rated his ability to tackle 😂😂

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I remember that day at Dens when Eddie Annand scored.  Just woeful. JJ didn't need him either which made the signing all the more baffling 

The same reason Dundee changed their minds and we had huge squads and players regularly got new contracts, and why Tony Capaldi was nearly signed instead of Rudi.

E9B808AD-F54E-4C9D-AF07-8C88DE9EEF2D.jpeg

East Lothian Jambo
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The same reason Dundee changed their minds and we had huge squads and players regularly got new contracts, and why Tony Capaldi was nearly signed instead of Rudi.

E9B808AD-F54E-4C9D-AF07-8C88DE9EEF2D.jpeg

The floor is yours.....

Cairneyhill Jambo

Roddie MacDonald - no nonsense old school centre half that chipped in with a few goals too. Great servant to the club. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

The floor is yours.....

I think I made my point, wouldn’t want to get in more trouble with the mods 😆😂.

Skippy Doodle
28 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

16 hours ago, Jeff said:

Ksnavicius (sp)

Best Lithuanian outside the obvious names. He was probably the only one that sat in the “pretty good” category. They seemed to be all brilliant or awful, no inbetween! 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ok let’s make this thread a bit more controversial, what else do we have to do.

I always thought that Scott Robinson was going to go on to be a great player. Nearly every manager he had at Hearts rated him,  Sergio making him vice captain for instance, but his height held him back. He had ability, a good reader of the game, quick, happy to tackle. He didn’t really master a position and wanted to stroll about in front of the back four and play sideways instead of forward. Glad he’s back in the top league.
Ok bring it on!!!!!!

I played with him at hutchy before he moved to hearts. He was rated as one of, if not the best prospect in Scotland. I think he had a plethora of offers from around the UK to choose from before choosing hearts. He never quite kicked on though. 

I remember coming from my under 16s Cowdenbeath game straight to tynie and seeing his debut. It was a very strange experience as I was very much still a child! 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I played with him at hutchy before he moved to hearts. He was rated as one of, if not the best prospect in Scotland. I think he had a plethora of offers from around the UK to choose from before choosing hearts. He never quite kicked on though. 

I remember coming from my under 16s Cowdenbeath game straight to tynie and seeing his debut. It was a very strange experience as I was very much still a child! 

Like quite a few others unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Clip of Kello Cruickshank tribute at the start of this video 👍

Brilliant memory! ❤️

16 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

Julien Brellier. 

It was due to him holding and covering the midfield that made Hartley and Skacel so prolific in attack. 

A lot on here at the time slated Brellier, saying he brought nothing to the team. A liability some said. 

Brellier was a guaranteed booking, but he covered the LB position too when Takis was pushing upfield. Only person in Tynecastle who underrated him was Vlad I thought...

I'm not convinced Defensive Midfielders are ever underrated, just it is a postion which does not get the adulation from fans or the headlines from the media. Even Kante seldom gets the headlines...

Edited by Spellczech