Captain Tom Moore NHS fund raiser

Marvin

Is he to be taken out of isolation, to the opening of a new hospital....  I thought the elderly were not to go out..... Potentially dangerous

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• ri Alban

• Marvin

• Notts1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People like Michael Ball have no shame. Exploitation of this auld heroes generosity. And who the feck takes an 99 year old out of his house in lockdown to visit a pandemic hospital? Fecking haufwits! 

Maybe name his local hospital, or part of it after him, would be my idea. Just in case you wanted to know. 😁

Edited by ri Alban

What a country - relying on a 100 year old man doing laps of the garden instead of having a properly funded health service. 

Meanwhile Matt Hancock sells of more NHS this week and folk are out banging pots and pans as if it makes any difference to the lives of the low paid NHS workers. 

Utterly mental. 

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, hueyview said:

Is he to be taken out of isolation, to the opening of a new hospital....  I thought the elderly were not to go out..... Potentially dangerous

It'll be done via video I'd imagine.

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

People like Michael Ball have no shame. Exploitation of this auld heroes generosity. And who the feck takes an 99 year old out of his house in lockdown to visit a pandemic hospital? Fecking haufwits! 

Maybe name his local hospital, or part of it after him, would be my idea. Just in case you wanted to know. 😁

I heard the song with Ball "duetting" with Capt. Tom and all I could think was that he (Ball) was showing off that he could sing better than a 99-year-old man. Wee arsehole.

Edited by I P Knightley

41 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I heard the song with Ball "duetting" with Capt. Tom and all I could think was that he (Ball) was showing off that he could sing better than a 99-year-old man. Wee arsehole.

He's just trying to up his profile. Him and that Alfie guy, get on my nerves.

Edited by ri Alban

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

100 Today.

Happy Birthday.

Will hopefully break through the £30m mark today.

Given the significance, I think he will achieve that.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Happy birthday Captain Tom. 

Colonel Tom now.

The Queen has promoted him to Honorary Colonel.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Colonel!

Colonel even, you better contact the media because they still say "Captain Tom."  

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I was watching him this morning and it is amazing how the country seems to have latched on. The amount of money he has raised is amazing. 

Clearly a good sort. 

Though when I see him sand the family, I find myself wondering what age did he have his kids at? He’s 100 and his daughter doesn’t look past 50, maybe she is but some of grand kids are quite young 12-14 range. 

Would have expected another generation at least

Maybe better putting this in the things you’ve always wondered thread but could be bothered finding out.🤔

Yeah I had been thinking exactly the same BJ!

I was watching him this morning and it is amazing how the country seems to have latched on. The amount of money he has raised is amazing. 

Clearly a good sort. 

Though when I see him sand the family, I find myself wondering what age did he have his kids at? He’s 100 and his daughter doesn’t look past 50, maybe she is but some of grand kids are quite young 12-14 range. 

Maybe better putting this in the things you’ve always wondered thread but could be bothered finding out.🤔

That's because he didn't marry until he was 48. 

Clearly a good sort. 

I have done some research "looked on twitter". He was on Blankety Blank in 1983 and mentions he has 2 girls aged 14 and 16. So there you go. 

42 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I have done some research "looked on twitter". He was on Blankety Blank in 1983 and mentions he has 2 girls aged 14 and 16. So there you go. 

Did he win the cheque book and pen? 

Mac_fae_Gillie
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Clearly a good sort. 

Was thinking that couple weeks back when the wee lass was called his granddaughter thought they must mean Great Granddaughter surely then referred to the woman as his daughter she looked 45 ish. Big ups to her BTW she was the person who got his campaign all the publicity and thus the daft amount of money.

6 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Legend status has just went up a notch. 

He never got through to the Supermatch Game. 

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ahh ok thanks. So he was born in 1920, would have done Blankety Blank at 63. So he had his kids 47 and 49, dependant on birthdays etc.

Don’t know why I find it surprising probably a little unusual for that generation.

Very unusual I would think. Marry and have kids early. But he was conscripted at 19 I suppose. 

32 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He never got through to the Supermatch Game. 

It was all about the Cheque book and pen as far as I was concerned. 

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

It was all about the Cheque book and pen as far as I was concerned. 

It was worth more than the prizes 😅😅

robroy1874
On 19/04/2020 at 15:11, Tazio said:

454B0A97-6FE0-4FEF-A368-00D606312C4D.jpeg

Had to chuckle at this - good one!!

Stepped up to serve his country in 1940.  Did it again 80 years later.

80 years.

The man is a legend all over the world.

• 2 weeks later...
Jambo-Jimbo

Now, Captain Sir Tom Moore.

Just announced that he's been giving a Knighthood.

Well deserved recognition imo.

:bravo: Sir.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

manaliveits105

If they give them away to the likes of Ben Stokes for playing rounders this would certainly be deserved

Horatio Caine

Congratulations to Sir Tom.  Well deserved, and it gives BBC Breakfast something to spend ages on again.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I have to say that guy has a lifetime of achievements crammed into the last few months. 

Reaches 100, raises millions for the NHS, becomes a Colonel, has No 1 single, gets national fame ands gets a knighthood. 

I have to say whenever I see him talking he does make me smile. He was joking about how the Queen will need to be careful with sword when knight him on TV this morning.

What the guy has achieved is amazing.

Had a wee chuckle at that as well, he usually does come out with some wee joke.

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

If they give them away to the likes of Ben Stokes for playing rounders this would certainly be deserved

Ben Stokes OBE

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...