Next manager.

Hans von Luck

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Thought he had a 2 and a half year contract if we were to stay in the Premier? Does that mean if we were to win the case he would be due a pay-off for his next two years? I was under the impression that his contract was to be ripped up if we played Championship so by that it would be assumed we've accepted Championship and we owe him nothing. The court-case would then become a money-pit for everyone.

He’s informed us he’s taking another job. That’s why im so surprised we’ve moved so fast to hire RN again. We acted like a manager was the last thing we needed for 3 months then DS announces he’s taking something else and we’re like shite off a shovel getting RN on a 3 year deal. Added to this SD role and it’s clear money isn’t any issue. 
All a bit weird imo. 

Edited by jack D and coke

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Dundee United fans want him out and a new exciting Manager, MK Dons fans witnessed the most boring football they ever watched. Yet we have fans fawning over his return?

It speaks volumes about our  ambitions when we have posters talking about steady football..........

Steady is about as exciting as it’ll ever get I agree. 
I stopped going under Robbie the last time. 
Cowardly stuff, even at home on occasions. I’m actually dreading it a bit truth be told. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s informed us he’s taking another job. That’s why im so surprised we’ve moved so fast to

hire RN again. We acted like a manager was the last thing we needed for 3 months then DS announces he’s taking something else and we’re like shite off a shovel getting RN on a 3 year deal. Added to this SD role and it’s clear money isn’t any issue. 
All a bit weird imo. 

If he's accepted he's taking another job then that's fine, wish him the best of luck. He's done himself a favour really by getting himself away from the joke league of Europe and the backwater that is the SPFL. Shame we're stuck with it.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Steady is about as exciting as it’ll ever get I agree. 
I stopped going under Robbie the last time. 
Cowardly stuff, even at home on occasions. I’m actually dreading it a bit truth be told. 

are you trolling?

you stopped going under Robbie, a manager who’s record is only beaten by George Burley? 

his football was absolutely better than steady. Forgetting beating teams like Motherwell 6-0, beating rangers,  beating Hibs, Aberdeen. 

if you’re dreading it, just do what you did before and don’t bother. Club doesn’t need “fans” like you in a time like this. 

8 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Where's the ****ing joy in that man? Be nice to dream. You're not going to be dreaming with RN -ever. It's a shrewd move but can we sack him when we get out the Championship please? Otherwise we're all about one-offs against Rangers and money-spinning ****ing replays ad infinitum. All we'll be is...steady. 

It's a shame it didn't work out with Stendel in charge, and although he inherited  an underperforming squad with a lot of poor players, he had plenty of time to motivate them, and was able to bring in new players in January.

We had 3 poor keepers but he didn't rectify that when he had the chance, and his selection of Pereira was a disaster. There were glimmers of hope, but we didn't have the luxury of time. When you're in the relegation zone pragmatism trumps ideology. I don't think anyone is salivating at the prospect of Robbie's return, but if we can achieve a few boring 3rd place finishes I won't be chipping in for a plane.

Edited by fancy a brew

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

are you trolling?

you stopped going under Robbie, a manager who’s record is only beaten by George Burley? 

his football was absolutely better than steady. Forgetting beating teams like Motherwell 6-0, beating rangers,  beating Hibs, Aberdeen. 

if you’re dreading it, just do what you did before and don’t bother. Club doesn’t need “fans” like you in a time like this. 

We only beat Hibs once under him, and we made hard work of that.  

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

are you trolling?

Sorry I have a different opinion to yours. It was steady and mind numbingly boring at times imo. 
We beat Hibs once under Robbie, the first time we played them then it was defensive stuff especially over there. Don’t forget how poor a rangers team that included the likes of Jon Daly and was managed incredibly poorly in those years. 
I don’t want him to fail I just hope he’s grown a set tbh. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

We only beat Hibs once under him, and we made hard work of that.  

Is that the only stats that matters? We should have kept Stendel because he beat Hibs?, but let’s forget he only won 1 other game. I don’t care about his record against Hibs. That was 3-4 years ago and he will have grown up and doesn’t have levein knocking on the door. To me as a manager overall, his record supersedes every other manager we’ve had since burley. Despite being the championship we had one of the most difficult tasks of competing with rangers and Hibs, And we skooshed it. Next season very comfortable 3rd place finish. After that left us at second place - what more could he have done?

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Sorry I have a different opinion to yours. It was steady and mind numbingly boring at times imo. 
We beat Hibs once under Robbie, the first time we played them then it was defensive stuff especially over there. Don’t forget how poor a rangers team that included the likes of Jon Daly and was managed incredibly poorly in those years. 
I don’t want him to fail I just hope he’s grown a set tbh. 

You’re absolutely entitled to your opinion, didn’t mean to make it sound like it wasn’t valid, my apologies.

i just find it weird that given the position we are in, we are turning our nose up at a manager that had us sitting 2nd in the league. His football really wasn’t as bad as what we’ve had to put up with thereafter surely

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Is that the only stats that matters? We should have kept Stendel because he beat Hibs?, but let’s forget he only won 1 other game. I don’t care about his record against Hibs. That was 3-4 years ago and he will have grown up and doesn’t have levein knocking on the door. To me as a manager overall, his record supersedes every other manager we’ve had since burley. Despite being the championship we had one of the most difficult tasks of competing with rangers and Hibs, And we skooshed it. Next season very comfortable 3rd place finish. After that left us at second place - what more could he have done?

No.  But you mentioned it.   

For the record, he is not my choice, but I am not totally adverse to a Levein free Neilson, but I wouldn’t use games against Hibs to back that choice.  

Edited by Paolo

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You’re absolutely entitled to your opinion, didn’t mean to make it sound like it wasn’t valid, my apologies.

i just find it weird that given the position we are in, we are turning our nose up at a manager that had us sitting 2nd in the league. His football really wasn’t as bad as what we’ve had to put up with thereafter surely

I just wanted Stendel to get a proper run at it. The chance of something different and more exciting. 
The football hasn’t been good for a long time but I held hopes that given a good run at it we’d be an exciting team to watch. It was harem scarem at times under DS but give me that over one up front at st Johnstone playing for a draw any day of the week. 
Im disappointed. I’ll get over it. 

39 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Dundee United fans want him out and a new exciting Manager, MK Dons fans witnessed the most boring football they ever watched. Yet we have fans fawning over his return?

It speaks volumes about our  ambitions when we have posters talking about steady football..........

45 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t think the United fans will be that unhappy personally. It’s mostly negative defensive stuff under Robbie in the premiership. 
It’s the most meh I’ve ever been about a new manager. 

Demanding sexy football whilst getting beat is a Hibs trait.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

No.  But you mentioned it.   

For the record, he is not my choice, but I am not totally adverse to a Levein free Neilson, but I wouldn’t use games against Hibs to back that choice.  

His weak spot and I think some people are getting a bit forgetful tbh I’ve had his hibs record mentioned to me a few times already. They can’t be serious??

A hearts manager, like it or not, is judged on how we do against that lot. Bottle jobs are not acceptable. 

Anyone moaning about style is blatantly just ignoring the championship season where we run riot, getting a record number of points.

Saying that I do remember folk moaning that season too when we only won 1-0, what a nightmare.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Come on mate he done very well in the premier. 

If it was unknown name with his record I think we would be universally pleased. 

I actually think the opposite, it’s because of who he is that some are cutting him slack.

you reckon an unknown with his record at MK Dons would have folk pleased we’d got him?

Strolled the Championship by 21 points. Finished 3rd behind Celtic and Aberdeen in his first season in the Premiership. And left us in 2nd place after pumping Rangers.

GTF Robbie, yer pish! 

:Aye:

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

I actually think the opposite, it’s because of who he is that some are cutting him slack.

you reckon an unknown with his record at MK Dons would have folk pleased we’d got him?

Why judge him on a snapshot of his entire career ? If you want to do that judge him on the leagues he’s going to be managing in. 👍

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Why judge him on a snapshot of his entire career ? If you want to do that judge him on the leagues he’s going to be managing in. 👍

Exactly, when he has a great record with Hearts before why judge him on one spell at another club?

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly, when he has a great record with Hearts before why judge him on one spell at another club?

It’s called unable to hide your dislike for him. Might not be everyone’s first choice but surely his record in Scotland isn’t up for debate. 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Strolled the Championship by 21 points. Finished 3rd behind Celtic and Aberdeen in his first season in the Premiership. And left us in 2nd place after pumping Rangers.

GTF Robbie, yer pish! 

:Aye:

Lets not forget the injuries we had in the championship it was crazy at times but still romped the league. Stunned he is back but pretty happy.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Took 2 seasons to get United out of a very poor championship 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Dazo said:

It’s called unable to hide your dislike for him. Might not be everyone’s first choice but surely his record in Scotland isn’t up for debate. 

You would think after how things have gone since Robbie left, some fans might have rethought their views on him. 

vlad on the tyne

Under neilson in the Premiership it did feel like the hand-brake was always on and there was a big focus on physicality.  How much Levein influenced that is unknown as the same comments seem to be still getting made. Cannot deny though Robbie's win ratio is worth remembering and what we would have given for finishing third last season? Welcome back Robbie 🇱🇻👍

Edited by vlad on the tyne

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I have no dislike of Robbie as a person I just came to dislike his boring style of football the last time he was here.

barring the odd game we were dire to watch for a long time under him.

I have to admit that there were times that I thought RN could have employed a more expansive game plan but when you have a group of players and you know what their strengths and weaknesses are nobody could deny that RN got the maximum from what he had to work with. But notwithstanding what I have just said his reappointment just highlights how you are never going to please some of our supporters. If you look at RN's records at Hearts no body at all could say it was anything other than good... if not better than good. At a time when we have gone through a wretched period of on field results, when even scrapping out a draw was seen as a result and move in the right direction, we have some moaning about us bringing back a manager who had us winning (2 from 3) more often than losing ??  Think about that for just a moment he was winning us two games from three ... this season we won 4 from 30 !

Just now, 1874robbo said:

I have no dislike of Robbie as a person I just came to dislike his boring style of football the last time he was here.

What would you rather have a comfortable position in the table winning 2 out of every three games you play or a constant relegation form football display winning one game in every eight ?

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

What would you rather have a comfortable position in the table winning 2 out of every three games you play or a constant relegation form football display winning one game in every eight ?

Ffs some choice eh!!!😂😂😂
not sure if your question is serious tbh?

Edited by 1874robbo

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Ffs some choice eh!!!😂😂😂
not sure if your question is serious tbh?

Well it is serious you don't like his style? Fair enough but would you take the wins in conjunction with the less than Barca'esque style ? I would take RN's style of play that delivers a top three SPL placing over a manager who lost with style and delivered a bottom half of the SPL finish to the season everytime !

Leveins Battalion

The midweek game at Tynecastle v Kilmarnock under Stendel was one of the worst nights I ever had supporting Hearts.

Absolutely outclassed,it was embarrassing beyind belief.

The boy Langer looked like an amateur. 

Whilst I liked Daniel I am no too sorry to see him go and hopefully the club starts to get some backbone now.

42 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Many managers have failed in England but been decent in Scotland.

8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Well it is serious you don't like his style? Fair enough but would you take the wins in conjunction with the less than Barca'esque style ? I would take RN's style of play that delivers a top three SPL placing over a manager who lost with style and delivered a bottom half of the SPL finish to the season everytime !

We will never truly know where  DS Would have finished given a full pre season with his own players and backroom team and if it was championship or premier league.

I really just hope in the time he’s been away he’s managed to find that ruthlessness and want to kill teams off.

I remember a game v Dundee at home we went 1 up early on and then sat in and ended up drawing!!

it was that kind of negativity I couldn’t be arsed with tbh.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Many managers have failed in England but been decent in Scotland.

I wonder why that is? 😂😂

29 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Not that long because we won the championship with style and record points. Then 3rd in the league playing decent stuff. 3rd season not so much. Name a manager who hasn't gone through a shite run though.

Amazed at folk wanting to continue with sexy gung ho football,even when getting humped regularly.

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe if Robbie said things like this is our castle, it would be ok to get beat regularly.

Classic banter 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

35 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

As I said in another thread, there has to be a balance. Ask yourself why a club like hearts, the third biggest in Scottish football need to play defensive football? The only answer is that they shouldn’t have to. Daniel was too inflexible in his approach and Craig was way too defensive, there had to be something in the middle. A style of play that enables us to keep our foot on the gas and kill teams off rather than try and defend our way to 1-0 wins. 

50 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Took 2 seasons to get United out of a very poor championship 

He took over late in October in his first season and by all accounts took over a bit of a shambles under Laszlo. Still managed to get them to the playoff final and only lost out on Penalties. Don't think you can really question his Dundee Utd record, style of play etc yes but overall record definitely not. 

12 minutes ago, karipidis said:

He took over late in October in his first season and by all accounts took over a bit of a shambles under Laszlo. Still managed to get them to the playoff final and only lost out on Penalties. Don't think you can really question his Dundee Utd record, style of play etc yes but overall record definitely not. 

Fair enough but technically same can be said about DS, took over an absolute shambles from Levein and wasn’t even allowed his own backroom with him.

Also never known a hearts manager to be given anywhere near the treatment he was given by the MSM.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Fair enough but technically same can be said about DS, took over an absolute shambles from Levein and wasn’t even allowed his own backroom with him.

Also never known a hearts manager to be given anywhere near the treatment he was given by the MSM.

I would have liked Stendel to stay and a bit annoyed he’s gone but I think Neilson is a good choice to take over. Think support have to stay united and don’t think it’s an appointment that should cause much division. 

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

I would have liked Stendel to stay and a bit annoyed he’s gone but I think Neilson is a good choice to take over. Think support have to stay united and don’t think it’s an appointment that should cause much division. 

Fingers crossed it all works out 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

As I said in another thread, there has to be a balance. Ask yourself why a club like hearts, the third biggest in Scottish football need to play defensive football? The only answer is that they shouldn’t have to. Daniel was too inflexible in his approach and Craig was way too defensive, there had to be something in the middle. A style of play that enables us to keep our foot on the gas and kill teams off rather than try and defend our way to 1-0 wins. 

You also have to know the limitations of the players under your command... I think RN did a great job in this respect. If in this next run at things he has better players and can afford to be attacking then so be it . I would far rather win a game 1-0 than throw caution at getting another goal and instead of that loosing one and then having to be even more ambitious. You are right though there is a balance...then again if we won every one of our games one nil I don't think there would be too many complaining at the end of the season when we unfurled the flag. Just need to look at this season how many boring one nil wins would we have welcomed? Stendal's approach did not take into account he did not have the players to play games the way we did. RN would never even attempted it because he would know the players we had were are not capable... not many teams  in the UK do never-mind the SPL.

11 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

You also have to know the limitations of the players under your command... I think RN did a great job in this respect. If in this next run at things he has better players and can afford to be attacking then so be it . I would far rather win a game 1-0 than throw caution at getting another goal and instead of that loosing one and then having to be even more ambitious. You are right though there is a balance...then again if we won every one of our games one nil I don't think there would be too many complaining at the end of the season when we unfurled the flag. Just need to look at this season how many boring one nil wins would we have welcomed? Stendal's approach did not take into account he did not have the players to play games the way we did. RN would never even attempted it because he would know the players we had were are not capable... not many teams  in the UK do never-mind the SPL.

Yep. No problem with Robbie. Agree Stendel’s approach didn’t suit some players as well. The 1-0 thing wouldn’t be a problem if we didn’t get caught out and lose goals after reverting to overly defensive tactics after scoring. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I think a lot of people forget how mind-numbingly boring we got when we were back in the Premier. Sure it was a bit better than what we've endured through Levein but lets not forget that during games he started being far too defensive and making ridiculous substitutions which cost us a lot of points. Lost late goals costing us points as we had no out ball with attackers subbed for defensive players. He never learned from it. The Hibs Cup-tie was a good example. They were 2-0 down with eight minutes to go, of course they were going to go all out attack but there was too much pressure on the defence. When we cleared it away from danger there was no-one further up the park to take the ball for a walk towards the corner flag so the ball came back and back again until the inevitable happened. I remember all the boos most games when we lost late goals. He also couldn't beat St Johnstone . 1 win (I think) in 9 attempts We lost to part-timers in Europe also. Then he started bringing in poor players like Conor Sammon. We may have been second in the league at that time but the players that were brought in were never going to keep that up, especially with losing so many late goals. I predicted mid-table obscureness at the time of these signings and that's where we ended up. Problem wasn't Neilson leaving, it was not bringing in experience when he did go. It's been falling apart ever since thanks to Levein not bringing in suitable replacements. I just think that too many are wearing maroon-tinted specs and not remembering how poor we were becoming. The fact that Dundee Utd fans didn't want him as their manager in the Premier says quite a lot.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
20 hours ago, jambonian said:

I think a lot of people forget how mind-numbingly boring we got when we were back in the Premier. Sure it was a bit better than what we've endured through Levein but lets not forget that during games he started being far too defensive and making ridiculous substitutions which cost us a lot of points. Lost late goals costing us points as we had no out ball with attackers subbed for defensive players. He never learned from it. The Hibs Cup-tie was a good example. They were 2-0 down with eight minutes to go, of course they were going to go all out attack but there was too much pressure on the defence. When we cleared it away from danger there was no-one further up the park to take the ball for a walk towards the corner flag so the ball came back and back again until the inevitable happened. I remember all the boos most games when we lost late goals. He also couldn't beat St Johnstone . 1 win (I think) in 9 attempts We lost to part-timers in Europe also. Then he started bringing in poor players like Conor Sammon. We may have been second in the league at that time but the players that were brought in were never going to keep that up, especially with losing so many late goals. I predicted mid-table obscureness at the time of these signings and that's where we ended up. Problem wasn't Neilson leaving, it was not bringing in experience when he did go. It's been falling apart ever since thanks to Levein not bringing in suitable replacements. I just think that too many are wearing maroon-tinted specs and not remembering how poor we were becoming. The fact that Dundee Utd fans didn't want him as their manager in the Premier says quite a lot.

Second most goals In the league when he left. Obviously second in the league when he left, third the season before. Its easy to forget just how good the results were, and how good some of the performances were, just because we got beat by birkirkara and hibs. Above all, we almost always gave 100% under neilson, something that can’t be said of any manager since and you’d struggle to say about any manager this century, save JJ and Sergio. Jambo legend, delighted to have him back.