Next manager.

Hans von Luck

10 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

JJ is about 70 years old and not so long ago had a heart attack or fell seriously ill. We need to move with the times. Its the same with tommy wright ffs surely if stendel goes there is better out there? 

He is currently sporting director at Edinburgh City.

Wright is just a moaning auld tosser, and agreed there must be someone better fitted for the managers job.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would prefer eww played better football than all those clubs you’ve mentioned and those managers. For the last time Tommy Wright has no interest in youth teams or bringing through youngsters, whether they have them or not. 
Thank **** Stendel wants to stay because the alternatives mentioned are dire.

And Stendel is some sort of brilliant sensation who will guaranteed get us above these teams then? Wait, was that not supposed to already have happened by now?? When he came in Hearts were level with St Johnstone at the bottom. Wright steered them to safety in 7th, WITHOUT being able to buy Liam Boyce for 150k in January. Meanwhile, Hearts are down. But yeah thank **** we have Stendel, wouldn't want 7th that'd be woeful. Hopefully that illustrates how irrational and delusional it is to label Wright "dire" when WE are the team that was stranded 4 points adrift at the bottom. 

I am in favour of keeping Stendel because I dont think he should face losing his job directly because of coronavirus, think he was unfairly denied his chance to fight back, and deserves a shot. Think he can win the championship for us. But I do not understand folks belief that he is some kind of genius who is way better than anyone in Scotland eg Wright, Robinson, McInnes types -> and therefore he will do a Klopp with Hearts. It reminds me of when folk used to believe that sort of thing about Cathro, thought he was going to somehow find the way to revolutionise us and win every game > getting 100 points > winning the title. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would prefer eww played better football than all those clubs you’ve mentioned and those managers. For the last time Tommy Wright has no interest in youth teams or bringing through youngsters, whether they have them or not. 
Thank **** Stendel wants to stay because the alternatives mentioned are dire.

Indeed. And no track record of it. St Johnstone are replacing Wright with a former player with no managerial experience. It's ridiculous how some Hearts fans are knocking the idea of Robbo, Pressley, McCann, Naismith, Naysmith or another ex-player (most with experience) taking over. In the Premiership now, I make it 5 clubs have ex players as managers, including Celtic. A number of others have relatively inexperienced coaches or guys who had similar (or worse) experience and records to some of the above in lower leagues. Our bets recent manager was an ex player with no experience and we've obviously had great success in that past with that model.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

There is more pressure on Stendel now to win games from the start of the new season if he stays which ever league we are in, his honeymoon is over, I'm all for giving him the benefit of the doubt but feel his odds of being successful at Hearts are 50/50 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

And Stendel is some sort of brilliant sensation who will guaranteed get us above these teams then? Wait, was that not supposed to already have happened by now?? When he came in Hearts were level with St Johnstone at the bottom. Wright steered them to safety in 7th, WITHOUT being able to buy Liam Boyce for 150k in January. Meanwhile, Hearts are down. But yeah thank **** we have Stendel, wouldn't want 7th that'd be woeful. Hopefully that illustrates how irrational and delusional it is to label Wright "dire" when WE are the team that was stranded 4 points adrift at the bottom. 

I am in favour of keeping Stendel because I dont think he should face losing his job directly because of coronavirus, think he was unfairly denied his chance to fight back, and deserves a shot. Think he can win the championship for us. But I do not understand folks belief that he is some kind of genius who is way better than anyone in Scotland eg Wright, Robinson, McInnes types -> and therefore he will do a Klopp with Hearts. It reminds me of when folk used to believe that sort of thing about Cathro, thought he was going to somehow find the way to revolutionise us and win every game > getting 100 points > winning the title. 

For the last time on this thread Wright wouldn’t get anymore out of this collection of misfits than the three managers that tried it last season. Wright has just left a club because he wasted money they didn’t have and they’re now struggling financially, we just got rid of a guy like that. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Indeed. And no track record of it. St Johnstone are replacing Wright with a former player with no managerial experience. It's ridiculous how some Hearts fans are knocking the idea of Robbo, Pressley, McCann, Naismith, Naysmith or another ex-player (most with experience) taking over. In the Premiership now, I make it 5 clubs have ex players as managers, including Celtic. A number of others have relatively inexperienced coaches or guys who had similar (or worse) experience and records to some of the above in lower leagues. Our bets recent manager was an ex player with no experience and we've obviously had great success in that past with that model.

If Davidson takes over that’s St Johnstone, Ross County, Celtic and Dundee Utd. Who’s the other one?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

If Davidson takes over that’s St Johnstone, Ross County, Celtic and Dundee Utd. Who’s the other one?

St Mirren?

Rick Sanchez
53 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Announce Warnock

Would guide us to Europe nae bother.

Don't think he has the appetite anymore tbh and certainly wouldn't fancy the sporting director gig.

58 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Neil McCann is well worth considering as next manager I think he

will have learned from his mistakes at Dundee and be less

confrontational in his next job also comes over as articulate 

Changed my mind. I want to keep stendel now after his comments! What a guy! I think he gets us already! I just hope he hits the ground running this time! He will get my backing 100% but saying that he has to succeed.

15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'll say it again...... We're skint and if we lose the court case, we'll be even more skint. 

It'll be the cheapest manager going. 

Probably Derek Adams or someone as equally humiliating. Need to wind your expectations in chaps or you will be disappointed. 

I’ve not visited many other threads for a while other than the big one but I see you are a little ray of sunshine on the ones that I do visit.  Can’t beat a bit of positive energy.

8 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Neil McCann is well worth considering as next manager I think he

will have learned from his mistakes at Dundee and be less

confrontational in his next job also comes over as articulate 

If he has learned, he can show this with another club first.  

Seeing Stendel really wants to stay is very encouraging. A complete rebuild in the style he wants to play is what everyone wanted to see. I'd much rather have him than chasing people who can't really be bothered.

Edited by Sertse

Neil Dongcaster

My gut tells me that appointing Neil McCann would be a mistake. Our last few managerial appointments have been either footballing dinosaurs - Levein. Or complete punts in Stendel & Cathro. I don’t want us repeating the same mistakes ad nauseam.

If we are successful in staying in the top league I would like us to sound out Mccinnes, things seem to have soured abit between him and the dons fans which could provide us with an opportunity. He has spoken highly about Hearts recently.

If Mcinnes is unrealistic then we need to move for Robinson or a last resort of Tommy Wright.

9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ve not visited many other threads for a while other than the big one but I see you are a little ray of sunshine on the ones that I do visit.  Can’t beat a bit of positive energy.

Aww thanks 😘 

To keep the debate going - Article by David McCarthy

I would not be against this, makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

Jim Jefferies and Tommy Wright Hearts dream team can reverse Ann Budge's managerial appointment slide

Hearts are at a footballing crossroads as they look towards a season in a truncated Championship and David reckons he has the answer to success.

Ann Budge's Heart is in the right place when it comes to her club. There can be no doubt about that.

But that doesn’t mean she hasn’t made some terrible decisions during her tenure and most of them have been in her choice of manager.

From the minute she took over the majority shareholding at Tynecastle and started to steer a ship that had been holed below the water line by former submariner Vladimir Romanov in 2014, her decision-making in that regard looked flawed and initially callous.

Binning Gary Locke, who had battled manfully through administration, points deduction and a slashing of his squad in terms of quality and quantity was harsh on a guy who bleeds maroon and would have done anything for the club.

He had just won the Manager of the Month award for May as well.

Locke is now back in the fold at Tynecastle and the club needs people like him.

Whether Budge made the decision to axe him, or whether that landed with Craig Levein, who was just in the door as director of football, is debatable.

Neilson looking happy with his lot before kick-off in his farewell match against Rangers

But the appointment of Robbie Neilson as manager can’t be described as anything other than a success, in fairness – although he never got the credit he deserved and that perhaps was the reason why he left for MK Dons.

After that, it has been downhill all the way to… well, it looks like the Championship but who knows?

Ian Cathro’s reign was a disaster with the guy completely unsuited to the job. Then there was the mess of Levein moving downstairs to try to do both jobs.

And even when he was axed as manager, he was still allowed to hang around Hearts ’ Riccarton base even when a new boss was put in place.

Daniel Stendel kept them waiting five weeks before deigning to take the job.

But his presence did nothing to help Hearts climb the table, while in the meantime, he and Budge were handing out eye-watering contracts to guys like Liam Boyce.

It resulted in Hearts being bottom of the pile when the world stopped turning in March and all hell has broken loose since then.

Budge’s refusal to accept relegation when Hearts were only four points behind with eight games to play is understandable but the bottom line is Stendel had numerous opportunities to guide his team out of trouble and couldn’t take them.

That’s why when this sh**storm subsides, he can’t be the manager.

Daniel Stendel enjoyed his first win at Hearts manager over a Lanarkshire side - but who?

With Levein and his assistant Austin MacPhee now off the premises, Stendel has to follow them and Budge has to bring commonsense and stability back to her club.

With that in mind she should be picking up the phone and asking Tommy Wright to become her next manager.

And if he says yes, she should hang up and punch in Jim Jefferies’ number to ask him to be the club’s director of football with an overview of the entire operation.

That Wright was St Johnstone manager for seven years and had only one serious job offer, from Dundee United, in that time is one of Scottish football’s great mysteries.

Working with a budget that was consistently dwarfed by Hearts’ – and most top-flight clubs – he won the Scottish Cup, reached two cup semi-finals, finished fourth three times and in the top six four times.

The Northern Irishman guided them into Europe, twice reaching the third qualifying round. Talk about punching above your weight.

He seems to have been landed with an “old school” reputation but Wright is a progressive manager and this season, when Saints were toiling initially and sitting at the foot of the table, he used all his experience.

There was no panic, just a calm assurance that it would work out for the best – and sure enough St Johnstone finished in the top six. And he did it in a season when he drastically reduced the average age of his squad, making young Jason Kerr his captain and finding gems in kids like Ali McCann and Callum Hendry.

Wright is sitting at home in Northern Ireland itching to get back into the game and has earned the right to manage a big club.

Hearts ARE a big club and nobody knows that more than Jefferies. He is steeped in Gorgie folklore and at 69 is still sharp as a tack, with a football knowledge unrivalled in this country.

That he was never seriously considered for the Scotland job is another football mystery and he has the experience and contacts to help Hearts in their hour of need.

Would he answer the call? He’d find it impossible not to.

A Wright-Jefferies double act is exactly what Hearts need at the moment. In fact, it’s what they’ve needed for years.

We need to be more ambitious than Tommy Wright.

Stendel gets another shot for me.

Also I see McCann’s agent has been spamming up the forum... :whistling:

1 hour ago, suds66 said:

To keep the debate going - Article by David McCarthy

I would not be against this, makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

Jim Jefferies and Tommy Wright Hearts dream team can reverse Ann Budge's managerial appointment slide

Hearts are at a footballing crossroads as they look towards a season in a truncated Championship and David reckons he has the answer to success.

Ann Budge's Heart is in the right place when it comes to her club. There can be no doubt about that.

But that doesn’t mean she hasn’t made some terrible decisions during her tenure and most of them have been in her choice of manager.

From the minute she took over the majority shareholding at Tynecastle and started to steer a ship that had been holed below the water line by former submariner Vladimir Romanov in 2014, her decision-making in that regard looked flawed and initially callous.

Binning Gary Locke, who had battled manfully through administration, points deduction and a slashing of his squad in terms of quality and quantity was harsh on a guy who bleeds maroon and would have done anything for the club.

He had just won the Manager of the Month award for May as well.

Locke is now back in the fold at Tynecastle and the club needs people like him.

Whether Budge made the decision to axe him, or whether that landed with Craig Levein, who was just in the door as director of football, is debatable.

Neilson looking happy with his lot before kick-off in his farewell match against Rangers

But the appointment of Robbie Neilson as manager can’t be described as anything other than a success, in fairness – although he never got the credit he deserved and that perhaps was the reason why he left for MK Dons.

After that, it has been downhill all the way to… well, it looks like the Championship but who knows?

Ian Cathro’s reign was a disaster with the guy completely unsuited to the job. Then there was the mess of Levein moving downstairs to try to do both jobs.

And even when he was axed as manager, he was still allowed to hang around Hearts ’ Riccarton base even when a new boss was put in place.

Daniel Stendel kept them waiting five weeks before deigning to take the job.

But his presence did nothing to help Hearts climb the table, while in the meantime, he and Budge were handing out eye-watering contracts to guys like Liam Boyce.

It resulted in Hearts being bottom of the pile when the world stopped turning in March and all hell has broken loose since then.

Budge’s refusal to accept relegation when Hearts were only four points behind with eight games to play is understandable but the bottom line is Stendel had numerous opportunities to guide his team out of trouble and couldn’t take them.

That’s why when this sh**storm subsides, he can’t be the manager.

Daniel Stendel enjoyed his first win at Hearts manager over a Lanarkshire side - but who?

With Levein and his assistant Austin MacPhee now off the premises, Stendel has to follow them and Budge has to bring commonsense and stability back to her club.

With that in mind she should be picking up the phone and asking Tommy Wright to become her next manager.

And if he says yes, she should hang up and punch in Jim Jefferies’ number to ask him to be the club’s director of football with an overview of the entire operation.

That Wright was St Johnstone manager for seven years and had only one serious job offer, from Dundee United, in that time is one of Scottish football’s great mysteries.

Working with a budget that was consistently dwarfed by Hearts’ – and most top-flight clubs – he won the Scottish Cup, reached two cup semi-finals, finished fourth three times and in the top six four times.

The Northern Irishman guided them into Europe, twice reaching the third qualifying round. Talk about punching above your weight.

He seems to have been landed with an “old school” reputation but Wright is a progressive manager and this season, when Saints were toiling initially and sitting at the foot of the table, he used all his experience.

There was no panic, just a calm assurance that it would work out for the best – and sure enough St Johnstone finished in the top six. And he did it in a season when he drastically reduced the average age of his squad, making young Jason Kerr his captain and finding gems in kids like Ali McCann and Callum Hendry.

Wright is sitting at home in Northern Ireland itching to get back into the game and has earned the right to manage a big club.

Hearts ARE a big club and nobody knows that more than Jefferies. He is steeped in Gorgie folklore and at 69 is still sharp as a tack, with a football knowledge unrivalled in this country.

That he was never seriously considered for the Scotland job is another football mystery and he has the experience and contacts to help Hearts in their hour of need.

Would he answer the call? He’d find it impossible not to.

A Wright-Jefferies double act is exactly what Hearts need at the moment. In fact, it’s what they’ve needed for years.

Your press!  Honestly, if they ever go for another " foreign" manager they really need to warn them. I'd be pissed off as a fan reading that too.  It really is jobs for the boys.

I would be asking Paulo Sergio to come back.  End the sporting director model and use the funds on players and in particular goalscorers.

And I'd be bringing Kevin Kyle into the dressing room to be the vital link between the players and management.  We've had years of the players being shown laptops by beta nobodies like Cathro, MacPhee and Fox.  Kyle would be the guy to sort out the dressing room.

The Real Maroonblood
54 minutes ago, kila said:

We need to be more ambitious than Tommy Wright.

Stendel gets another shot for me.

Also I see McCann’s agent has been spamming up the forum... :whistling:

This.

Seymour M Hersh
On 17/06/2020 at 18:12, Arthur Morgan said:

Let's keep him please.

Totally agree. Assuming you mean DS. :laugh:

I can see a case for Wright as manager, but Jefferies as Sporting Director? Can't see him sorting out the academy and other development programmes, or handling recruitment in this day and age. SD job requires someone younger and with more dynamic.

Seymour M Hersh
28 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Your press!  Honestly, if they ever go for another " foreign" manager they really need to warn them. I'd be pissed off as a fan reading that too.  It really is jobs for the boys.

The weejia (as we refer to them) are beyond the pale when it comes to bigot sister sycophancy and patronising everyone else. In their eyes the diddy teams get an occasional metaphorical pat on the head and should be damned happy they do. They are (the weejia) scum and should only be ignored or laughed at. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, tynewater said:

I can see a case for Wright as manager, but Jefferies as Sporting Director? Can't see him sorting out the academy and other development programmes, or handling recruitment in this day and age. SD job requires someone younger and with more dynamic.

Donald Park could sort out the academy and is already at the club, JJ could consult with him in a job title share which would lighten the load for each of them 

Because Wright has that unlikeability about him suggests he has done a good job against us in the past 

Stendel hasn't exactly been a success so far and McCann is still inexperienced as a manager 

So a Wright JJ Park combo would do

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Still Tynie said:

Donald Park could sort out the academy and is already at the club, JJ could consult with him in a job title share which would lighten the load for each of them 

Because Wright has that unlikeability about him suggests he has done a good job against us in the past 

Stendel hasn't exactly been a success so far and McCann is still inexperienced as a manager 

All Scottish.

That would please the media.

1 minute ago, Still Tynie said:

If we go for someone with a Hearts connection for DoF job then Donald Park is the man. 

pettigrewsstylist
On 17/06/2020 at 15:48, jbee647 said:

I’ve been following Hearts for 50 years, but I’m afraid that’s where we are, when I was younger I believed one day we might realistically challenge the old firm, but I’ve realised for a number of years the best we can be is best of the rest, let’s be honest if we ever developed a decent side they would be gone by the time we had the chance to make a challenge for the title.

Im an optimistic person by nature, but when it comes to Hearts and our place in Scottish Football I’m a realist 

The only way is for the OF to be forced to agree to a re-distribution of power and funds that erodes their dominance and encourages competition to their rule. They are not interested in anyone but each other, so it can only be taken by force.

The "Longshanks table scraps" scenario in Braveheart is where we are. 40 other clubs cant put todays greed/reward aside for a better future.

46 minutes ago, Coco said:

I would be asking Paulo Sergio to come back.  End the sporting director model and use the funds on players and in particular goalscorers.

And I'd be bringing Kevin Kyle into the dressing room to be the vital link between the players and management.  We've had years of the players being shown laptops by beta nobodies like Cathro, MacPhee and Fox.  Kyle would be the guy to sort out the dressing room.

I'd be happy with Paulo Sergio. Sometimes someone just fits with a club and he would start with a good deal of united good will from the support. What he achieved with a squad that often wasn't being paid was remarkable.

However, bizarre to mention Kevin Kyle, especially in a week where he's been telling the tabloids that Hearts deserve to be relegated. Gary Locke could fulfil the role you describe, as he did for Paulo Sergio before.

2 hours ago, Flimsy said:

I'd be happy with Paulo Sergio. Sometimes someone just fits with a club and he would start with a good deal of united good will from the support. What he achieved with a squad that often wasn't being paid was remarkable.

However, bizarre to mention Kevin Kyle, especially in a week where he's been telling the tabloids that Hearts deserve to be relegated. Gary Locke could fulfil the role you describe, as he did for Paulo Sergio before.

Yes Gary is the right sort for that job.  Kyle loves Hearts though and has the personality and experience to be a great dressing room presence.

Italian Lambretta
3 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

It’ll be Neil McCann as head coach, imo.

And possibly Pressley as Sporting Director? 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 hours ago, jambobby said:

Anyone else heard there's gonna be an announcement today? Had a couple of folk tell me this now

Nope, seems a little unusual there would be any big reveals on a Sunday though...

TyphoonJambo

Doubt we will, or even can, look for a new manager at the moment. If we get reinstated Daniel's contract still stands. Kirky will run wth any training whilst the courts decide whats happening. 

Did Stendel not have a review clause in his contract at the end of the season no matter what happened? His wages could be an issue too

Fluorescent Adolescent
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And possibly Pressley as Sporting Director? 

David Weir, imo.

50 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A quite woeful choice imo. 

Where I am too. Be very disappointed if this pans out. However, seeing as it's in the Record and I heard LAST Time it was him I'm hoping it's pish