Next manager.

Hans von Luck

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like other clubs, we've had very good results with that model, especially when we've been in a bad place, when often you need someone who knows and loves the club to dig you out of it.

Anyhow, that list is perfectly fine. All good ages, loads of very good playing experience at a high level, all very good Hearts players, won't be difficult to deal with financially, will all be motivated and will realise what an opportunity it is, and most have the kind of management experience that is well suited for the Championship if that's where were are. If we're in the Premiership, that's a different story. We'd have a wider pool to choose from and in fact Stendel would probably still be our manager.

Fine? Kirk and Naismith have never managed. McCann and Pressley have been dismal failures elsewhere and it would be a huge step up for Naysmith.

There are no former Hearts players up to the job IMO other than Robbie Neilson

Edited by Jamhammer

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

Sun saying Daniels off? Probably means he’s staying ? I hope so but if not I wouldn’t mind player/manager Steven Naismith , feel he owes us something and would hope to pass the passion for the game he obviously has on to the remnants and newcomers 

25 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Tommy Wright is the strongest available candidate by a country mile.

In normal circumstances I'd say we could do better but given the current climate i think folk need to reign in their expectations a little. 

Look at the candidates last time. Stuart McCall, Derek Adams, Steven Pressley...add other.... nomarks where applicable. 

That's what we're going to end up with anyway. 

Ibrahim Tall
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

In normal circumstances I'd say we could do better but given the current climate i think folk need to reign in their expectations a little. 

Look at the candidates last time. Stuart McCall, Derek Adams, Steven Pressley...add other.... nomarks where applicable. 

That's what we're going to end up with anyway. 

Tbh we’re arguably more attractive now, it’s easier getting by far the biggest team promoted than it was was turning round that shit show last year. 

46 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If and it’s still an if DS leaves I’ll be disappointed. Seemed to like it here and have a feeling he “got” us.

Personally wouldn’t thank you for Tommy Wright or Robinson (Who’d be mad to leave Motherwell anyway)

I want something different. I want someone with no fear of the OF. Who won’t accept the status quo

We need someone to get us out the championship immediately, fear of the old firm is absolutely of no consequence , not even Guardiola is getting near Celtic in this lifetime, we want a coach who knows Scottish Football and makes us best of the rest on a consistent basis, Tommy Wright and Stephen Robinson are the obvious candidates

7 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh we’re arguably more attractive now, it’s easier getting by far the biggest team promoted than it was was turning round that shit show last year. 

Unfortunately any new manager will probably have to work with the same group of players 

The fact our season starts in October is a massive handicap when trying to bring in new players 

Jambof3tornado

Lee Johnson?? 

No other ex jambos that I'd be that keen on. LJ is contracted to 2023 so likely a no go. 

Cant get this one wrong.

Tommy Wright with Terry McCann as no2??

500ClubCraig

For me the question being asked  is the wrong way round.

It should be “Who wants to apply for the position?“

We shouldn’t be chasing potential candidates, they should be showing their desire and knocking the door down to get to be Manager of HMFC.

Advertise the vacancy and if DS wants it put him in the mix with everyone else!

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

There's a good Hearts man who's managed in Scotland, England and been Scotland boss available.... 😎

George Burley!!?!?!?!  Get in!!

59 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Can't agree there, we're definitely not. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, jbee647 said:

We need someone to get us out the championship immediately, fear of the old firm is absolutely of no consequence , not even Guardiola is getting near Celtic in this lifetime, we want a coach who knows Scottish Football and makes us best of the rest on a consistent basis, Tommy Wright and Stephen Robinson are the obvious candidates

Wright is older than Craig Levein and has never managed at a higher level than St Johnstone. It's not like he's some young, thrusting coach on the way up. There is zero evidence he could work with better players, a bigger budget and higher expectations. He got St J in the top 6 like Stuart McCall and many other managers of smaller clubs and he got a cup win via a run that didn't see him have to face the OF at any stage, unlike some of the other smaller teams that have won the cup in recent years - Hibs, Caley (I'd honestly rather have Yogi Hughes than Wright), etc.

There have been so many vacancies for bigger clubs in Scotland during his time at St J and clubs in League 1 or The Championship in England and he's never been serious contender. Tommy Wright could easily be our Terry Butcher and Butcher at least managed at a higher level before Hibs. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

10 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Who people be confident of us coming straight back up with Kirk as manager?

That would be a massive risk in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh the hibees are shite 

owned by the Peruvian Craig Whyte

oh the hibees are shite 

owned by the Peruvian Craig Whyte

thoughts 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😃😂

9 hours ago, Crete said:

This thread would be funny if we

Were not in the state we find ourselves in

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

This.

The odious prick has never shown us an ounce of respect.

We are we are at the moment  Tommy Wright is what we require for now

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

We need someone who can rebuild the club for the long term. Not seen any good suggestions here.

That old chestnut we need to start winning again the rest will take care of itself 

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

With Robbo off the market you'd assume it'll be someone with a strong Hearts connection and who is available - Kirk, Naismith, Pressley, McCann, Naysmith. Could be any of them, with Kirk assisting if he doesn't get the main job. Maybe even JJ in our hour of need.

I am not sure he’d be the right choice.  His record is Ok, but no more than that.   If a non ex-player had yah record we would not even want him considered.   Indeed Tommy Wright has a far better record, and many are resistant to him. 

I would not say he is off the market, though.  In Robbo’s case, I never would.   If he had an inkling we were interested, he could have signed a contract with ICT to ensure they are adequately compensated if he did leave.   He would wan to see them right.  

If Stendel is a no go? I'm not really one for looking back but surely Paulo Sergio is worth a try! Loves the club and I'm sure I've read in the papers that he would walk back to us? He probably feels he has unfinished business here. Maybe this time he really will finish H1b5s of for good! His record is decent for us, Although we only finished 5th! It was a difficult season off field, 100% win record in the derbies and 2 wins against the tic! Probably most of our players weren't even getting paid and he still won us the cup and got us into Europe.

If he can't take the job then and only then would i consider tommy wright.

Psychicjambo

Barry Ferguson as a neilson type.  Along with Berra or naismith and kirk. Barry  speaks high in everything at heart on plz. Born winner.   Hated him at rangers   but warmed to him lately.  

If not. Neil mcCann

ford donald
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No passengers? He signed the wee roly poly Swanson three times 😃. On club is not loads of experience.

A hell of a lot less passengers than we signed over the last few years,the man's record is probably the best in the SPL considering

his budget,top six finishes plus SC win,you need to get real.

JJ for sporting director ASAP,  that would be the backbone sorted, start on other operations once the spine is fixed.

10 minutes ago, jim747 said:

JJ for sporting director ASAP,  that would be the backbone sorted, start on other operations once the spine is fixed.

He would jump at the chance, I think. 

Fyssas would be a fantastic appointment, but a dream one, sadly. 

2 hours ago, Paolo said:

I am not sure he’d be the right choice.  His record is Ok, but no more than that.   If a non ex-player had yah record we would not even want him considered.   Indeed Tommy Wright has a far better record, and many are resistant to him. 

I would not say he is off the market, though.  In Robbo’s case, I never would.   If he had an inkling we were interested, he could have signed a contract with ICT to ensure they are adequately compensated if he did leave.   He would wan to see them right.  

I think he is happy at ICT simple as that

Honestly no idea who we will get as manager.Going to be a hard job selling the gig to anyone with the limbo we are in.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Surely to **** we have been sounding out folk for the sporting director role for months.

We Likley have Been in touch with folk. 

But Tbh, we only just found out it's the championship we're definitely in. 

We don't have a game until October. 

We have court and a pandemic all over us. 

Every club is shedding players and have wage cuts ongoing. 

There is no rush for a dof. 

Do St Johnstone even have a manager? 

Every team is in limbo and there is a shit storm still to come. 

At least our governing body has been pro active and helpful. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, jim747 said:

JJ is about 70 years old and not so long ago had a heart attack or fell seriously ill. We need to move with the times. Its the same with tommy wright ffs surely if stendel goes there is better out there? 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Dèjá vu

What did you expect? 

We sacked our dof in December, CL and Macphee have since left. 

Don't understand the sarcasm. 

Folk wanted our previous dof gone, he went. 

Folk want a football guy in charge of the football side, we are doing that and you adds a sarcastic comment like that. 

The fact that we are looking for a dof and then a manager should come as no surprise..... We don't have them atm?

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We Likley have Been in touch with folk. 

But Tbh, we only just found out it's the championship we're definitely in. 

We don't have a game until October. 

We have court and a pandemic all over us. 

Every club is shedding players and have wage cuts ongoing. 

There is no rush for a dof. 

Do St Johnstone even have a manager? 

Every team is in limbo and there is a shit storm still to come. 

At least our governing body has been pro active and helpful. 

I'm only going by the report that she wants in a Sporting Director first.

Really feel fir Jorg Sievers. A long assocation with one club where he is regarded as a living legend. Gives it all up for six months of absolute shite at Tynecastle. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

What did you expect? 

We sacked our dof in December, CL and Macphee have since left. 

Don't understand the sarcasm. 

Folk wanted our previous dof gone, he went. 

Folk want a football guy in charge of the football side, we are doing that and you adds a sarcastic comment like that. 

The fact that we are looking for a dof and then a manager should come as no surprise..... We don't have them atm?

My  point was we said last time we were going to appoint a sporting Director first, didn’t and ended up not pointing one at all.    

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

My  point was we said last time we were going to appoint a sporting Director first, didn’t and ended up not pointing one at all.    

CL and Macphee were still about. 

They have now gone. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL and Macphee were still about. 

They have now gone. 

They weren’t supposed to be doing Sporting Director roles, though, and this appointing a sporting director was announced after they were supposedly removed.  

No matter, whatever order we do it in, we should get our skates on.  There may. Or be any football for a while, but we really need to start building now, and get ourselves in a far better position than the two failures left us in.   

I've got to echo what a lot of people are saying here about hiring ex players. It feels like a lot of people are chasing the glory years and they'll be sorely disappointed when the inevitable happens and they make an arse of it.

Naismith has no managing experience for one. JJ is in his 70s now and not in the best of health. Robbo is happy at ITC. People even suggesting ex hibs managers in here, wtf is going on?

The mindset needs to be that we want a new golden age instead of trying to relive it. Hiring Stendel didn't give the instant results we needed but it was a brave move and how we should be moving forward. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

The last thing anyone should want is us becoming an old mates club where we can't get any new ideas or faces in. With that mentality, we might as well get bloody Levein back.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I've got to echo what a lot of people are saying here about hiring ex players. It feels like a lot of people are chasing the glory years and they'll be sorely disappointed when the inevitable happens and they make an arse of it.

Naismith has no managing experience for one. JJ is in his 70s now and not in the best of health. Robbo is happy at ITC. People even suggesting ex hibs managers in here, wtf is going on?

The mindset needs to be that we want a new golden age instead of trying to relive it. Hiring Stendel didn't give the instant results we needed but it was a brave move and how we should be moving forward. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

The last thing anyone should want is us becoming an old mates club where we can't get any new ideas or faces in. With that mentality, we might as well get bloody Levein back.

I completely endorse this. 100%

9 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Tommy Wright is the strongest available candidate by a country mile.

This is horribly true.

Cheap, unemployed, stays not too far away and has the knowledge of Scottish football.

37 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Not sure why we took so long to fill the position of SD unless it's financial and couldn't afford it because Levein and McHippy were still drawing a wage. Budge had stated at the time it was priority..

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Be surprised if many "big names" put in for it this time around. Might have to make do with the McCann's of this world for example, who incidentally, is absolutely champing to get his CV in.

Pity about Stendel, who I had a lot of time for. But it is what it is. 

McCann won't get us promoted.

I really thought it would be Robbo but now he isnt in the hat i think it will be JJ with NM as manager i think.

So is all this coming from a Sun journo picking up on Stendels agents comments from last week or is there new news? 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Not sure why we took so long to fill the position of SD unless it's financial and couldn't afford it because Levein and McHippy were still drawing a wage. Budge had stated at the time it was priority..

From what I remember from reading, we started looking at the same time as manager, but the manger search took all our attention. Then with January being important for transfers it was felt that it wasn't the right time to take focus away from it. So the search has been a victim of circumstance.