Next manager.

Hans von Luck

indianajones
8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Watch Gavin Rae talk to Si Ferry about his experience with foreign coaches in Scotland. All the players taken the huff cause they expected the players to take care of themselves and act like proper athletes. Slight insight into what Stendel has had to deal with. I am hoping we can get his situation sorted ASAP. 

And people act surprised at the fact we haven't been at a major tournament since 1998.

The vast majority of young Scottish players have a shite attitude. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

And people act surprised at the fact we haven't been at a major tournament since 1998.

The vast majority of young Scottish players have a shite attitude. 

The complaints are so minor. Like not being allowed butter, ketchup, boiled eggs etc. These players are meant to be professional athletes and complain that they aren’t allowed to bevy or eat sweats and crisps. I love the open goal podcasts but it really bugs me how much players bang on about bevying and not listening to the managers etx. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

The complaints are so minor. Like not being allowed butter, ketchup, boiled eggs etc. These players are meant to be professional athletes and complain that they aren’t allowed to bevy or eat sweats and crisps. I love the open goal podcasts but it really bugs me how much players bang on about bevying and not listening to the managers etx. 

Its shocking. These guys dont know how lucky they are but they cant just get away from that shite culture. 

Screw the head down and give it your all for maximum of 15 years of your life. Sky is the limit! 

18 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Its shocking. These guys dont know how lucky they are but they cant just get away from that shite culture. 

Screw the head down and give it your all for maximum of 15 years of your life. Sky is the limit! 

The silly old boys club mentality that kills the game up here. Banging on about how good a coach Jim Duffy is but all foreign gaffers are mad. Si Ferry loved playing for Portsmouth cause it had great pubs, Si was a seriously good footballer, wasted. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

The silly old boys club mentality that kills the game up here. Banging on about how good a coach Jim Duffy is but all foreign gaffers are mad. Si Ferry loved playing for Portsmouth cause it had great pubs, Si was a seriously good footballer, wasted. 

I really dont like that guy. As you say, his character just screams everything that is wrong with Scottish football. 

Its all the way through the system as well. I gave up at amateur football years ago as its just pseudo 'hard' boys wanting to inflict damage on other players rather than playing the game as its meant to be played. 

Sickening attitudes.  

Just now, indianajones said:

I really dont like that guy. As you say, his character just screams everything that is wrong with Scottish football. 

Its all the way through the system as well. I gave up at amateur football years ago as its just pseudo 'hard' boys wanting to inflict damage on other players rather than playing the game as its meant to be played. 

Sickening attitudes.  

I love Si and love what he does, think it is refreshing to hear players talk about how things are rather than the processed garbage we get week in week out in the press. I get your point tho, he can annoy me as well. It can also be alarming when he you hear some of the stories as well, around the stuff we’ve discussed. Am not surprised tho as that level of unprofessionalism runs right the way through the Scottish game. Kevin Kyle in his open goal interview talks about Jimmy Calderwood openly saying his side won’t be Rangers at Ibrox. I know of similar stories with John Hughes going to Celtic Park. Shambles. 

ooh-aah-cantona

Paulo Sergio’s contract is up at Portimonense at the end of this month. 👀

I know before Stendel was appointed he was after the job however he ‘won’t apply’ as has done so twice before (after Neilson and Cathro’s departures) and didn’t receive acknowledgment of his applications from the club.

That being said I think if Anne made the call he’d be right over on the first plane.

Greedy Jambo

With all the money the fans keep ploughing in to the club we should still expect a decent manager, championship or not, but hey, we've not had a decent manager in the last 6 years... so i'm not expecting much. 

Greedy Jambo

I fully expect the surviving member of the chuckle brothers to be signed up on a 4 year deal with andy kirk as his assistant. 

Greedy Jambo

Tommy Wright all day long, put your hate of the man to one side. 

You'll soon change your mind when he get's us performing. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Naismith. 

I’m not down with the Naismith love in. 

It’s a what have you done for me lately Thing. 

I’d go for Robinson , always said he should of been appointed and I think he’d jump at the chance.

Robbo ? Maybe he signed on for ICT with a clause ? Defo take him

McCann ? Yep he knows the club and leagues and would again I feel be a good move should we remain expelled.

Tommy Wrights a no for me. The guy was a complete roaster when we played them especially the 3-3 at Perth and he seemed to hate us for whatever reason. No thanks

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Naismith. 

nah. He hopefully still has plenty to offer us playing wise and could do concentrating only on that with no distractions. We have to have him playing and getting us out that division first attempt

3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I’m not down with the Naismith love in. 

It’s a what have you done for me lately Thing. 

Last player manager did well enough. 

I would absolutely love it if Daniel said he was here to fight alongside us.

Understand why he wouldn't, but what a message it'd be imo

5 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Leave a club who have been looking at Europe to a club that is in a league below, don't know when they will play again or with what budget. Not likely.

I think we will be looking at a young manager, Naismith if that's his thing, Kirk, Alan Johnson etc or a manager who unemployed or at slower club. Nobody is leaving a decent job to an unknown situation in this climate.

our benefactors have said they will be funding us for the next 5 years. Also FOH funds are growing by the day £130,000 +  per month. Funding is there. I think he would jump at it. It’s a great challenge with a club with an unparalleled support. Bigger picture and all that. Let’s face it, he’s taken Motherwell as far as they are ever likely to go (crowd wise they will always be restricted). 

Edited by 1971fozzy

complete control

Our next new signing should be a new p.r. man.  Mr Mercer  wouldn't have all this weekly shite that's being goin on this long 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Aye folks, Robinson who has got Motherwell into Europe, bringing through alot of young players who are all going to make them major wonga, is going to leave that job, who needs Europa league when you can have the irn bru challenge cup, going abroad for a game or going to Inverness on a freezing cold rainy Wednesday night.

Unbelievable how some fans things we can just go out and get him 

Don’t forget compensation as he has a other two years on his contract. He may well still get the NI job if Wright doesn’t.

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

I fully expect the surviving member of the chuckle brothers to be signed up on a 4 year deal with andy kirk as his assistant. 

Pass it to me, now to you; to me, to you...

24 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

What about Jimmy Nicholl?

Haha there’s been a lot of stupid things posted in the last 12 hours but this must be the stupidest.... however it did make me smile!

3 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Tommy Wright all day long, put your hate of the man to one side. 

You'll soon change your mind when he get's us performing. 

Yep. 

Tommy Wright with the budget he had at Perth Saints had to battle but he had them punching well above their weight for years. 

Who knows what he could do here. Maybe turn us into a consistent top 4 side perhaps. 

Or maybe he gets us back on a solid footing and we bring someone else in after a couple of years. 

It has to be someone cheap, tough and experienced for now. There's no way we could afford compensation for a manager with all that is going on. 

David McCaig
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yep. 

Tommy Wright with the budget he had at Perth Saints had to battle but he had them punching well above their weight for years. 

Who knows what he could do here. Maybe turn us into a consistent top 4 side perhaps. 

Or maybe he gets us back on a solid footing and we bring someone else in after a couple of years. 

It has to be someone cheap, tough and experienced for now. There's no way we could afford compensation for a manager with all that is going on. 

I agree, Tommy Wright is exactly what we need at the moment.  The club needs to get tough in every way.

His record at St Johnstone over the years is exceptional.

Berra than you

Appreciate that the club and Ann are likely busy with legal proceedings right now, but given we are now "officially" in the championship can we expect clarification on the management situation soon? Unless we are going for an indirect in which case Stendel is left hanging again.

21 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Aye folks, Robinson who has got Motherwell into Europe, bringing through alot of young players who are all going to make them major wonga, is going to leave that job, who needs Europa league when you can have the irn bru challenge cup, going abroad for a game or going to Inverness on a freezing cold rainy Wednesday night.

Unbelievable how some fans things we can just go out and get him 

1 round of Europa league football isn't much to stick around for. Hate to be pessimistic but invariably for non-OF teams we're lambs to the slaughter trying to qualify. I don't really want Robinson, but if Daniel did leave there are worse options. 

We're a bigger club who can offer better resources for him to build with. Motherwell he's done all he can at. 

Either way, I hope we can get the management situation cleared up asap. 

ford donald
9 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I agree, Tommy Wright is exactly what we need at the moment.  The club needs to get tough in every way.

His record at St Johnstone over the years is exceptional.

He would be my choice at this present time,no passengers with him,loads of experience in Scotland.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Approach Ross County,  unsettle their manager,  players and then get who we really want 

18 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Neil McCann? Been said before that he interviewed well. 

He didn’t. It was short and sweet. 

18 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Naismith. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Kirk and Naismith as player -coach. Rankin as Kirks assistant. Will spend 9- 12 months lining up permanent manager for our return to top league  That’s all assuming it’s championship. If it’s recon then probably Stendel or Robinson. Not keen on either but given Robinson will cost about 25% of what Stendel was costing us he would be a better bet. 

vlad on the tyne

If Stendel doesn't come back  the sensible choice for me is, Tommy Wright. He consistently over achieved at Saints with a small budget. We need results next year and a manager with an understanding of what's required.I think Wright brings that. He's not everyone's cup of tea but you cannot ignore what he's achieved in his time at saints. 

Greedy Jambo

Who people be confident of us coming straight back up with Kirk as manager?

That would be a massive risk in my opinion.

Rick Sanchez

Imagine going into the dressing room at half time/full time with Levein, MacPhee, Cathro or even Stendel.

Now imagine dealing with Tommy Wright.

Stendel looks like he could go mental but something tells me the players wouldn't be that bothered.

tokyowalnut

My preference is for Stendal, I'd be happy with Robinson as manager, even though I think he is a bit of a whopper. Wright though? I'd rather shite a hedgehog everyday for a year than see him sitting in the home dug out. Despise the guy. 

Edited by tokyowalnut

Bunny Munro

Id like Stendel to stay, but the Oct start would seriously knock our signing possibites.

I'd be shocked if Stendel wasnt planning on trying to get Radlinger and Sibbick in from Barnsely for example, but im not sure either would wait for a Oct start.

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Who people be confident of us coming straight back up with Kirk as manager?

That would be a massive risk in my opinion.

Agree. Him as Assistant to Tommy Wright would probably be my preferred option since Daniel looks like he is not coming back. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Agree. Him as Assistant to Tommy Wright would probably be my preferred option since Daniel looks like he is not coming back. 

If we did go for Tommy Wright, which i imagine we won't (it will be someone underwhelming) He would probably want his own assistant and you can't cant blame him for that. 

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

If we did go for Tommy Wright, which i imagine we won't (it will be someone underwhelming) He would probably want his own assistant and you can't cant blame him for that. 

He wouldn't be the popular choice, certainly wouldn't be my choice even until recently but our position has changed and he's now a realistic option. 

Maybe, but he might want to keep Kirky on as he's a fellow countryman. I don't know. Wasn't Callum Davidson his previous assistant and is he now Saints manager? 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He wouldn't be the popular choice, certainly wouldn't be my choice even until recently but our position has changed and he's now a realistic option. 

Maybe, but he might want to keep Kirky on as he's a fellow countryman. I don't know. Wasn't Callum Davidson his previous assistant and is he now Saints manager? 

I thought we should have gone for him before Stendel to be honest and i got dogs abuse as you can imagine lol. 

I didn't take into account the whole fellow countryman thing, It's possible i suppose, most managers want an assistant they know and trust though. 

gorgie rd eh11

We need someone who will take no s**t from anyone because a lot of it will be coming our way. Having the audacity to not accept the Scottish football cartel has ensured that. Tommy Wright certainly fits that bill.