Next manager.

Hans von Luck

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, eyesandears said:

His overspend is of course pennies compared to ours. And yet again he got them in to the top 6 while we sit bottom. I'd take that dinosaur right now.

He did a great job for them but is despised by Hearts fans and would be a disaster. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, eyesandears said:

Terry Butcher was a hopeless manager. Tommy Wright is not. 

At one point Butcher was talked about in exactly the same terms as Wright and Robinson are now. So were Yogi Hughes, Derek Adams,  and dozens of others. There's a huge difference between managing and doing well at clubs like Well, St Johnstone, Ross County with low or zero expectations and low budgets and managing a much bigger club like Hearts with massive expectations and a much bigger budget. The ones who manage to make the step up with us it tend to have previous Hearts connections and know the expectations before they arrive. That puts Robbo ahead of Wright and Robinson for me, plus Robbo has already done it and did a pretty good job all things considered.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 hours ago, eyesandears said:

Didn't Butcher win a cup with ICT?

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Given the reports that we are ready to start training next week, but would like clarity on division before that, I assume we will know fairly soon who should be taking our training sessions 

Big guy i heard, Craig somebody, private supply contract arrangement   🤣

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, eyesandears said:

Terry Butcher at least gave a bigger club (than the one he was at) a go. Yes he proved to be shite but that's fine as it was the vermin. Wright hasn't and won't imo as he is not a good manager. It's okay being a manager when there are zero expectations and the pressure is virtually non existent.  Cue the he won them the cup brigade. Big deal so did Hughsless with ICT and nobody here would call him a good manager. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Caley Squidster
14 hours ago, SUTOL said:

🙂

Appreciate the reply, but the question was who would you prefer, Robbo Or Tommy Wright    

Its still Robertson for me :)

Howdy Doody Jambo

Daniel will have to quarantine for 2 weeks if he is not already in the country, looking more like a new appointment 

Edited by Still Tynie

Caley Squidster
7 hours ago, Still Tynie said:

Daniel will have to quarantine for 2 weeks if he is not already in the country, looking more like a new appointment 

😢 Don't do this to me lol.

If you think that is the case then we will join St Johnstone in needing a new manager and you guys will have a good one to help you get promoted, hopefully he stays clear of Doran, Todorov and our other top players :(. 

On 05/06/2020 at 12:13, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The first thought on Hearts fans minds -> "in what way is this guy shite, what negative things can I say about him?" 

Try thinking -> "in what way might this guy be a good option? what positives does he bring?"

For me, it's Hartley or Robbo. I think we need someone in to help lead us back that positive Hearts spirit which they both embodied as players. Take the fans back to a better place, happier memories of what our club was once all about. For some reason, that now gets disregarded in favour of stats but I think sometimes it's an important thing in a manager, there's certain times when a legend is the right call. Look at Liverpool when they brought Kenny Dalglish in a couple of years back, won the first trophy in what 10 years he got their players buzzing to be Liverpool players. 

Hartley and Robbo have both experienced success and failure as managers. It's about how prepared they are as characters for the monumental challenge that the Hearts job is. And what spirit they will bring back to the club. It's about the right man at the right time. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Besides those 2 legends, Tommy Wright is the obvious candidate. No compensation, no sky-high wages (rules out Robinson and McInnes). A seasoned, experienced, proven organizer and deliverer of results who knows how to get the best out of limited players. Ok not guardiola but we need someone in the building who has the broad shoulders for the job and competitive attitude, who will send out a team that is well prepared, ready to compete at the required intensity. Personally I want someone who makes me feel good about life though so that makes it difficult to get behind Wright, he would have to do some job to win over the Hearts fans. 

I don't think Motherwell will be paying him any more than 100k, compensation would be needed but wages would be well within budget.  (Unless he gets the NI job) 

been here before
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Is DS still our manager? Not going through this mammoth of a thread to find out.

Shouldnt you know?

Given you alone consider yourself a Hearts 'supporter'.

fabienleclerq

Stendal never got a fair crack at the whip, CL hanging about, mid season, not got his staff or players in etc. 

I just can't get his lack of pragmatism out my head, his tactics weren't working and the players looked like they'd chucked it.

That game at St mirren made me think we've made another bad appointment. Keeping Damour on the park so long after that performance and him clearly wanting off. It's easy flying after teams like Rangers and hibs but everyone else figured us out and one long ball undone us every game. I think he'll be an expensive mistake if we leave him in place. 

Edited by fabienleclerq

Leveins Battalion

Stendel gives me the fear,tactically in this league sometimes you need to play filthy,scrap and punt football.He ain't got that in him.

Secondly unless we appoint a new chief scout,DOF, his signings give me the absolute fear,Avdijaj and Langer are the examples.This we dont need.

I like Daniel,who wouldn't? But he is not what we need to get this club moving again.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Stendal never got a fair crack at the whip, CL hanging about, mid season, not got his staff or players in etc. 

I just can't get his lack of pragmatism out my head, his tactics weren't working and the players looked like they'd chucked it.

That game at St mirren made me think we've made another bad appointment. Keeping Damour on the park so long after that performance and him clearly wanting off. It's easy flying after teams like Rangers and hibs but everyone else figured us out and one long ball undone us every game. I think he'll be an expensive mistake if we leave him in place. 

Levein and Neilson - too pragmatic. Stendel - not pragmatic enough.

I can think of someone who likes good football, is affordable, can work with young players, knows the club and can set teams up properly to get results. Step forward Mr John Robertson.

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874

Again, Naismith and Boyce deep 🤦‍♂️, I like Daniel, was desperate for it to work.. but too much of a risk imo.

Think he COULD be a great manager but clear now that to achieve that a full rebuild will be required to suit his style.. we need someone to get the best from our current lot and replace gradually. Can’t go through another season like the last one

Robinson

Robertson

Mcinnes

Got a feeling we'll announce a new CEO and manager at the same time . 

Cant  see Daniel coming back over.

Hopefully Ann has been working on this in the background and we are good to go as soon as reconstruction is confirmed. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Stendel gives me the fear,tactically in this league sometimes you need to play filthy,scrap and punt football.He ain't got that in him.

Secondly unless we appoint a new chief scout,DOF, his signings give me the absolute fear,Avdijaj and Langer are the examples.This we dont need.

I like Daniel,who wouldn't? But he is not what we need to get this club moving again.

He was a little too gung ho but for me it’s worth seeing how he does this season with some more time to work.

You mentioned that you need to punt, scrap etc. We’ve been down that road and I’m sure we’ll go down it again but this is an opportunity to try something new.

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He was a little too gung ho but for me it’s worth seeing how he does this season with some more time to work.

You mentioned that you need to punt, scrap etc. We’ve been down that road and I’m sure we’ll go down it again but this is an opportunity to try something new.

I don’t think it’s time he needs, it whole new squad.. and we can’t do that..

if he comes back I will be 100% behind him, really like him.. but would prefer a completely fresh start. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

if he comes back I will be 100% behind him, really like him.. but would prefer a completely fresh start. 

If Stendel comes back in my opinion he will get six weeks, if there is no improvement from last season and we are not winning the games we should, then we cut our losses and we go for safe hands, a proven coach who knows the Scottish game, we cannot go on stumbling along game to game, season to season. 

What would we give for a young Jim Jefferies to be available.

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I wouldn’t give him time I give him bye!

I hope our next manager is in post for 5-6 years minimum. I think we've made poor choices previously so lacked stability, ergo we need to constantly overhaul the squad.

(I'm on the fence about Daniel Stendal. To be completely transparent, I've not seen us in the flesh often enough to judge.)

Captain Canada

I don't think any manager within our price range could work wonders with the current squad. 

The guy who signed most of them said they didn't have the right character. I know that on paper the last thing we need is a huge overhaul of players, but without it, I think we'll struggle to make any kind of impact next season. 

The squad lacks fight, pace and creativity which are all essential to win games consistently. 

I'd like Daniel to stay and bring more of his own players in, but if he can't do that for whatever reason (most likely financial) then I could see him looking elsewhere. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Given that we have renewed the contracts of Moore and Henderson, I believe that is a sign that Daniel is still making plans for the future here at Hearts. 

🙏 

24 minutes ago, Caley Squidster said:

Stendel is a fantastic manager. 

There I've said it so stay clear of Robbo 🤣

Stendel is a very inexperienced manager with no demonstrable evidence of delivering results ..... 

Caley Squidster
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Stendel is a very inexperienced manager with no demonstrable evidence of delivering results ..... 

You fell for it, line, hook and sinker 🤣

Just now, Caley Squidster said:

You fell for it, line, hook and sinker 🤣

Something fishy and stinky about this ..

Caley Squidster
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Something fishy and stinky about this ..

🤣 Good to see you have a sense of humour and are taken my joke in the context I was looking for :). 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I don't think any manager within our price range could work wonders with the current squad. 

The guy who signed most of them said they didn't have the right character. I know that on paper the last thing we need is a huge overhaul of players, but without it, I think we'll struggle to make any kind of impact next season. 

The squad lacks fight, pace and creativity which are all essential to win games consistently. 

I'd like Daniel to stay and bring more of his own players in, but if he can't do that for whatever reason (most likely financial) then I could see him looking elsewhere. 

I think we do need an overhaul it’s just not that easy to get rid of players, especially in the current climate. I doubt if any manager can do much with this Motley Crew.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Apart from getting Barsnley promoted, which is the equivalent of Robbo getting ICT up 15 years ago.

pettigrewsstylist

We dont need another season as someones project. This is going to hurt £££ plenty. Time to reduce risk if we can and get an old wardog who will use our budget to get what is needed for promotion charge.

Cant believe we are back down within 5 yrs. Shambles allowed to run on and on. 

Gillsland jack

Robinson has done a good job for Motherwell, nothing I have seen of him suggests he can do a great job at Hearts.

I want the next manager to do a great job at Hearts!.....not sure that can be Robbo!!.if Robbo does get the gig, I could be reasonably accepting of the situation.....because its Robbo!..however I think that would be for all the wrong reasons.

NEW CONTRACT
BREAKING NEWS 

@ICTFC manager John Robertson agrees a contract extension until the end of season 2022-2023

More on @SkySportsNews

So if Stendel does leave it looks like it won’t be Robbo 

26 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

NEW CONTRACT
BREAKING NEWS 

@ICTFC manager John Robertson agrees a contract extension until the end of season 2022-2023

More on @SkySportsNews

So if Stendel does leave it looks like it won’t be Robbo 

Unless he has a release clause in his contract if HMFC come calling.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I can't see that happening..Robbo knows that a decision is due this week or a court case which could take a while to settle

If he has had any contact with Hearts he'll know if he was being considered for the manager role or even if there was going to be a new manager

If the legal case comes about it will take time for a decision to be made and in either case he will not be managing until October..of course there will be pre season etc..but it is still 4 months away for the championship to start.

The managerial role does not need to be decided in the next 7 days by which time it will be legal action or reconstruction

Does anyone really think Stendel is going to wait that long re October.....I very much doubt it.

Simply put he'll need to be signed shortly if we want him and you have to accept that we need to be fair to him given he worked without pay

On reading this it reminds me that October will be 7 months !!!   since our last match if we are in the championship

Edited by CJGJ

jack D and coke
On 05/06/2020 at 09:58, busby1985 said:

Tommy Wright. John Robertson. Paul Hartley. Jim Duffy. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

”we need someone who takes no crap, old school”. If I was petty I’d go through all the old Levein threads and quote everyone who said that’s what we’d get with Levein and look where that’s taken us.

What we need is someone with a totally new vision and idea of how football is to be played that will excite the fans and get a buzz around the place. Stendel was handed Leveins cock (the useless squad he’d assembled) and asked to get a tune out it. Not only was he handed Leveins cock he was left with his useless bollocks (Daly, Fox). He faced a player revolt because he expected them to train hard and show up for training, even if they where injured. He then faced a revolt because he told the injured players they had to report to the club on match days and watch their team mates. After that he was told he couldn’t bring anyone in until he shifted and moved on the crap Levein had assembled, something we’ve seen with the player wage cuts is those players seem to have a very high opinion of themselves and loads didn’t want to leave. Throughout all this, Stendel has to play a keeper, poppadom hands, due to us having to pay United for his services (a payment they have now waived). The players he was left with where so out of shape and lacked the basics so much that he had to tie rope around them just to teach professional footballers how to stay in line with each other. The place he walked into was a total and utter shambles, it probably still is due to not being able to be in there trying to sort things during all this. I’ve seen more than enough in glimpses to say he deserves the gig. I’d go as far as saying he is the exact type of manager we need. He’s passionate, has a vision and if he gets the players he needs, we could be very, very good. 

👏🏼
Some Hearts fans are utterly mental. 

Tokyo Drifter
On 12/06/2020 at 06:55, Hood09 said:

Robinson for me. I just don’t think Stendel will get what he needs

No way Robinson would come to Hearts. And Robbo and Dyer have just today signed new  two years contracts. It's gonna be like Jack Ross all over again - we wait and wait and wait, Stendel says Auf Widersehen and we're left scrabbling.

We need to move in this quickly, we can't go in to next season ill prepared no.matter what league we are in, at the moment I would take Stuart McCall  

Bit hard trying to convince a manager to come in when he wont have a clue what division he is in or budget to do anything with.

9 minutes ago, lou said:

We need to move in this quickly, we can't go in to next season ill prepared no.matter what league we are in, at the moment I would take Stuart McCall  

God, please no.  He failed to get Rangers out the Championship, despite have a budget larger than the rest of the league put together.      

it would be an awful choice. 

3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

God, please no.  He failed to get Rangers out the Championship, despite have a budget larger than the rest of the league put together.      

it would be an awful choice

I don't think you could judge any manager in that circus, his record in Scottish football is interesting reading

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Robbo would not be my choice. I don’t think he has shown enough as manager.    

He does know us, and love us, so I would not be critical if he did get the gig.  

As for any release clause, it would not surprise me if Robbo signed a contract with this.  It would mean he would be free to join us, and see that ICT get adequate compensation, to see them alright.   He is that type of person.