Next manager.

Hans von Luck

13 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I havent seen the clip and nobody on here knows, all just guesswork, but I really think he would want to stay regardless where we find ourselves providing he is given complete control....the clause was sensible for both parties at the start but he is a passionate guy who puts weight on loyalty and a cause....he has that with AB and with us....it is now more than ever a real project and because we have fallen so far under CL, he has a massive opportunity to restore us back and take a good few good scalps along the way...

Daniel Stendel says he is optimistic of finding a way to remain at Hearts following the decision to end the Scottish Premiership season on Monday.

As things stand, the German manager is poised to leave due to a relegation clause in his contract, after the early conclusion meant the Tynecastle side finished bottom of the table.

Hearts owner Ann Budge is attempting to strike an agreement which would see her club remain in the top flight through a revamp.

"I like this club, I like the people, I like the supporters. It's a great experience for me. I am a little bit unhappy about our situation but I am convinced we can do it better.

"I hope we have a chance to play in the Premiership next year. At the moment I have no contract in the Championship but we will speak with Ann in the next few days.

Given what came out a couple of days ago from him this is a somewhat different tone given by him today

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
On 16/05/2020 at 11:12, Rooster20 said:

Yep this is correct, I like Stendel and don't really blame him for our relegation but for a variety of reasons it just wasn't working. I think if the circumstances had been different he would've been a huge success but unfortunately we weren't playing well. Rangers had collapsed and theirs a reason they are now 13 pts behind Celtic. As for Hibs well, they are a joke of a club who we always do well against. Although it is ironic that our best manager of the last 5 years was the only one that couldn't beat them.

What manager are you referring to??

Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

What manager are you referring to??

Assume he means Neilson but we did beat them in the Championship first derby.   Even then he never faced them as a manager in the top flight. 

Randy Marsh

Interesting interview from Paulo Sergio recently.  This guy just gets Hearts.  I know he is at Portimonense at the moment but maybe he fancies another shot with us.  He would surely galvanise the support.   I would like to think he would get a response next time if he did express an interest.  Unlike last time where that prick Levein just couldn't comprehend a winner and cult hero being the manager. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
35 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Assume he means Neilson but we did beat them in the Championship first derby.   Even then he never faced them as a manager in the top flight. 

To say Neilson had a worse record against Hibs than Cathro and even Stendel is just typical of the nonsense on here.  Not saying I was a Robbie lover but of folk are going to come out with stuff let's have the right facts behind it.

17 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Interesting interview from Paulo Sergio recently.  This guy just gets Hearts.  I know he is at Portimonense at the moment but maybe he fancies another shot with us.  He would surely galvanise the support.   I would like to think he would get a response next time if he did express an interest.  Unlike last time where that prick Levein just couldn't comprehend a winner and cult hero being the manager. 

If DS goes I would be more than happy Sergio back at Tynecastle he is a proper football man and a true gentleman . Legend!

Agentjambo
26 minutes ago, One five said:

If DS goes I would be more than happy Sergio back at Tynecastle he is a proper football man and a true gentleman . Legend!

What does a proper football man mean?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yeah and it took a screamer from Ozturk not to lose the next derby, another draw and a defeat followed , foa draw and defeat in the cup is a pretty poor record considering they were only a decent Championship side at the time.

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What does a proper football man mean?

A man that has football integrity and  knows how to gain respect from the game and gets respect from his players .

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, One five said:

A man that has football integrity and  knows how to gain respect from the game and gets respect from his players .

How do you know stendel isn't a proper football man?

He deserves more time to bring his own players in and stamp his style on his team. 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

How do you know stendel isn't a proper football man?

He deserves more time to bring his own players in and stamp his style on his team. 

Did you not read my post properly ? Go back and read it again .the first part of the first line might give you a clue.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah and it took a screamer from Ozturk not to lose the next derby, another draw and a defeat followed , foa draw and defeat in the cup is a pretty poor record considering they were only a decent Championship side at the time.

This.

9 minutes ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Bring back Robbie from Utd.

No.  See above.  We can do much better.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That's quite the harsh reading that ignores all context.

A dramatic point away with 10 men? How terrible - Neilson oot! The defeat that season was in a dead rubber as you know, yet so many lost their shit over it instead of cutting the players some slack for the effort they'd put in all season. That same season Bayern - who had been untouchable all season like us - lost several games after securing their title. The cup game has been done to death. A team of walking wounded in the first game and Hibs still only grabbed a late draw then a narrow defeat in the replay when we were the better team. Hibs were a Championship team paying Premiership wages for Premiership players (like us when we were down there).

If we're judging managers on their record in derby games, you'll be wanting Levein or Locke back then? 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's quite the harsh reading that ignores all context.

A dramatic point away with 10 men? How terrible - Neilson oot! The defeat that season was in a dead rubber as you know, yet so many lost their shit over it instead of cutting the players some slack for the effort they'd put in all season. That same season Bayern - who had been untouchable all season like us - lost several games after securing their title. The cup game has been done to death. A team of walking wounded in the first game and Hibs still only grabbed a late draw then a narrow defeat in the replay when we were the better team. Hibs were a Championship team paying Premiership wages for Premiership players (like us when we were down there).

If we're judging managers on their record in derby games, you'll be wanting Levein or Locke back then? 

Just pointing out that he only won one in six, his record against Hibs is one of the reasons folk wanted him out. The game he did win we needed a screamer and a missed penalty to win. As for the dead rubber there’s no such thing against Hibs, he just didn’t get the importance of it, but he had a good record for Utd so maybe understands it better now. A good derby record is a b must, usually we do have but Caaba for instance didn’t.. As for Locke and Levein better managers wouldn’t have seen us relegated at all. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Cut The Crap
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It looks like Stendel is staying if today’s interview is anything to go by.

😕

On 16/05/2020 at 10:35, David Black said:

Been saying this since he arrived. There have been spells when he has looked the part but overall he has been a let down and I would get rid as soon as possible. For the salary he is on we could get 2 players who could contribute more and play far more games. 

Absolute rubbish 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It looks like Stendel is staying if today’s interview is anything to go by.

I’d be delighted with that.

My half sister

I would like Daniel to stay, we cant keep chopping and changing plus we need someone with a positive mentality if we are ever going to challenge celtic

Bazzas right boot

Hope it's Stendel. 

Look forward to the DS out threads tho.. 

They will Be really different to the Robbie, Cathro and CL ones. 

Leveins Battalion
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hope it's Stendel. 

Look forward to the DS out threads tho.. 

They will Be really different to the Robbie, Cathro and CL ones. 

Are you saying Cathro and Levein did not deserve them?🤣🤣🤣🙈

Robbies ball was burst.

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Stendel was a catastrophic appointment. Absolutely no pedigree to be taking the reigns at Hearts. His communication, tactics and general understanding of the league have all been woeful. 

Steven Presley for me as the next manager. 

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Daniel Stendel or Paulo Sergio? 🙂

Paulo 100%

i like Stendel, I feel like his style requires a quality of player we do not have..

my mind was changed after watching Liam Boyce in midfield 

1 minute ago, Kennedy Bakircioglu said:

Stendel was a catastrophic appointment. Absolutely no pedigree to be taking the reigns at Hearts. His communication, tactics and general understanding of the league have all been woeful. 

Have you paid any attention at all to Presley’s managerial record so far? 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Kennedy Bakircioglu said:

you did ok up to the last sentence 😂

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Daniel Stendel or Paulo Sergio? 🙂

🤣🤣🤣

Think there needs to be a step back and think about what Hearts need going forward when it comes to the next manager and viewing it through the prism of Hibs games is narrow minded at the moment.

The club are likely going to be:

1. In the Championship 

2. Be under financial pressure from a drop down and Covid-19 

3. Facing the possibility of an 18 game league (been some talk of a shorter season in the lower leagues), and

4. Redeveloping the squad, potentially on a tight budget. 

I think DS is rightly looking for whatever the club has previously promised him to be delivered. He got his coaching team after a bit of a delay and by the sounds of it he wants improvements in thr scouting and football management side of things. However, in the year ahead can the club afford all that?

If not and he goes I think any appointment needs to be someone used to Scottish football, knows about the teams inside out and can deliver a decent enough side on a budget. Tommy Wright fits that bill but is uninspiring as a choice. Robbie Neilson certainly gets Scottish football but he will be looking to have another go at the top flight rather than coming back to us. 

Hopefully once the club work out where we will be we will have more of an idea of what next. But I think the job any new manager is facing is pretty daunting given the wider picture and they'll need a bit of patience from the fans to right the ship.

Edited by JamboX2

I’m looking forward to seeing what a DS Hearts side will look like once he has HIS players coached by HIS staff with zero distractions. I’m more than happy to give this man a fair crack 👍🏻

2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I’m looking forward to seeing what a DS Hearts side will look like once he has HIS players coached by HIS staff with zero distractions. I’m more than happy to give this man a fair crack 👍🏻

Where I am

Holyrood_Hearts
On 16/05/2020 at 15:31, jake said:

I'd disagree.

I witnessed him actively when he was on the pitch coach players .

Suggesting different approaches.

Yes he did go off the boil.

But in games he was criticised I thought he brought others things .

Just making himself available for link ups etc.

Anyway if Stendal leaves who do we go to to pick a new manager.

Given that hes under contract and what lies in front would he be worth a punt?

I think he also took a lead in speaking to the players during the wage talks.

I dunno maybe someone who has more knowledge about the team on here could say if he has the respect needed.

He’s not under contract if we’re in the Championship. He can go or we can part ways with him

Holyrood_Hearts
11 hours ago, My half sister said:

I would like Daniel to stay, we cant keep chopping and changing plus we need someone with a positive mentality if we are ever going to challenge celtic

What?

We need a manager we can afford, a manager who knows Scottish football and a manager who can identify the right sort of players to get us out the Championship or should we be fortunate enough not to be booted out the league a manager who can get the right players in to ensure that we do not find ourselves in the ridiculous position a club with our resources currently finds itself in. 

Hearts1975
4 hours ago, Kennedy Bakircioglu said:

Stop talking shite 

Yours is a catastrophic post 

Steven Pressley - Away and have a lie down 

30 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

We need a manager we can afford, a manager who knows Scottish football and a manager who can identify the right sort of players to get us out the Championship or should we be fortunate enough not to be booted out the league a manager who can get the right players in to ensure that we do not find ourselves in the ridiculous position a club with our resources currently finds itself in. 

why do we need a manager who knows Scottish football? All types of nationalities get success at all levels in all countries without having any prior knowledge of that particular league. What is so unique about the Scottish Championship that makes folk want someone with that type of prior experience?

I get the vibe from the latest articles that Stendel will stay or leave depending on what division we are in for next season.

Premier League he will stay and if it’s the championship he will go. 

Go get Robbo if Stendel is away and meaning we are in the championship.

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

Stephen Robinson.

Its there right in front of us.

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Stephen Robinson.

Its there right in front of us.

Robinson my arse. Time develop a siege mentality and bringing Robbo back would go some way to doing that!

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, munro9 said:

Robinson my arse. Time develop a siege mentality and bringing Robbo back would go some way to doing that!

Be happy with either Robbo or Robinson.👍

Imo Stendel wont be here,and really I am not too fussed either way with him.

Can't believe people are suggesting Stephen Pressley. He was far and away the best captain we've had in 40 odd years, but his track record as a manager is absolutely abysmal. It would be a sentimental appointment and one not based on any kind of footballing logic or managerial talent - a complete disaster in the waiting.