Next manager.

Hans von Luck

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

We never done a Sunderland last time.

It's just the vibe I'm getting. I think if you stick with Stendel and give him his head you won't and obviously there will be other managers who are firm, but the "rotten core" could still sabotage some managers, Jmo.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

13 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

It's just the vibe I'm getting. I think if you stick with Stendel and give him his head you won't and obviously there will be other managers who are firm, but the "rotten core" could still sabotage some managers, Jmo.

Too many Jambos convinced cos we cruised it last time it will be a doddle again

Last time we were a club with players united, this time the club is rotten, players don’t seem to give a ****, I believe there is a genuine lack of fight within this group of players.

10 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I can't see Hearts doing an us but agree about rooting out any rotten core. The poison was allowed to fester at The SOL for a decade seeing off half a dozen managers. I would be very excited to see how Hearts fare next season with the decks cleared and Stendel in charge.

pettigrewsstylist

We dont have a squad. I would like someone who can persuade the players to come to gorgie,  that we need to win cmpshp. Ive seen zero to suggest DS is that man.

IMO we should move on and secure someone who has proven record in that environment. 2 yr deal only with auto extension if they get us up and keep us up. 

SM Sheffield

Personally I would like Stendel to stay and I hope he does. We need to look beyond one season in the Championship and I think with a good squad of players and without the shitstorm he inherited from Levein Stendel and his style will do well.

Robbo knows the Championship and we all love him to bits but it is a sentimental appointment and Inverness will be due a fee. Two reasons why we should not be appointing him.

45 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We dont have a squad. I would like someone who can persuade the players to come to gorgie,  that we need to win cmpshp. Ive seen zero to suggest DS is that man.

IMO we should move on and secure someone who has proven record in that environment. 2 yr deal only with auto extension if they get us up and keep us up. 

Got to say i am here aswell, a couple of weeks ago I would have kept Stendel and think he has has had a ridiculous hand but wonder if we should just start again with a total clear out.

I will say I think Stendel will go to his next club and be fantastic we have just been a basket case with ex managers etc hanging about in the background crazy for a 5 year plan funded by fans !!

4 hours ago, Redhelen said:

He was great for us getting promotion. I posted a link to to a Dale Tonge interview last week, bearing in mind he barely spoke a word of English when he arrived Daniel really shook things up. We lost 4 key players and had a lot of new ones to integrate into a tougher division. Tellingly all the 3 promoted teams are at the bottom as it stands . I think if he'd been backed we'd have been tighter in defence and hence drawn say the game against Leeds early on where we more than matched them. 

However I think to be successful at Hearts he will need to be backed 8n his approach and the players will need to have a can do attitude and be willing to learn. 

Thanks.

Yeah, Stendel needs time to get his philosophy over.

Do think he needed to be more pragmatic when he first came in, given the players we had available.

I am changing my mind on this matter. I think Stendel style will be good for the championship and give him time to build the squad he wants. 

1 hour ago, SM Sheffield said:

Personally I would like Stendel to stay and I hope he does. We need to look beyond one season in the Championship and I think with a good squad of players and without the shitstorm he inherited from Levein Stendel and his style will do well.

Robbo knows the Championship and we all love him to bits but it is a sentimental appointment and Inverness will be due a fee. Two reasons why we should not be appointing him.

I hope Stendel stays but if he were to leave and Robbo was made manager I wouldn't want Billy Brown working with him. I also believe Lockie should be given a job in the backroom staff.

copa-mundial

I'd love him to stay. 

Just hope it's not a case of, right manager - wrong time for us. 

You can see what he wants to implement in the way he plays. Imagine him having a full pre season (or what ever it'll be now before a ball is kicked again?) 

I really hope he stays here. 

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yip. Without turning it into a blame everything on Levein, Stendel has made mistakes as well. He should’ve dropped Joel, he should love tightened up the formation quicker, I get all that. He has done decent with what he was left with and when we’ve clicked we’ve played the best football I’ve seen from Hearts since Burley. I am 100% in the Stendel camp. He seems to get us. 

Correct ,Joel  Pereira gets dropped we wouldn't be bottom????

Leveins Battalion

Anybody clamouring for Daniel Stendel to remain is absolutely bonkers, were any of you Tynecastle on Boxing day,or Perth away,or Hamilton at home,or St Mirren away ?

We need a clear break from anything regarding Budge and Levein and anybody associated with this absolute cluster****,Stendel included.

Agentjambo
14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Anybody clamouring for Daniel Stendel to remain is absolutely bonkers, were any of you Tynecastle on Boxing day,or Perth away,or Hamilton at home,or St Mirren away ?

We need a clear break from anything regarding Budge and Levein and anybody associated with this absolute cluster****,Stendel included.

As I said hes managing players that aren't his own,that were very low in confidence/self esteem due to craig levein's prehistoric approach to football. 

1 hour ago, copa-mundial said:

I'd love him to stay. 

Just hope it's not a case of, right manager - wrong time for us. 

You can see what he wants to implement in the way he plays. Imagine him having a full pre season (or what ever it'll be now before a ball is kicked again?) 

I really hope he stays here. 

I think based on what he did with us you could have a very enjoyable season immersed in some very exciting football once he can get the right mix of players. 

He has a vision. We need that. CL had one too, then list confidence when he had his heart attack. He should have gone then.

I believe Stendel is the man. 

Lone Striker

I hope Daniel and Jorg decide to stay  - judging them  on the 12 weeks they  had with the demotivated money-grabbing prima-donnas he inherited is simply unfair.  His biggest error was keeping Perreira as goalie for too long.  If he'd brought Zlamal back sooner, we probably wouldn't be bottom.   There were enough glimpses of improvement to suggest that they can get a proper team together if Ann backs them financially (although money will be very tight now).

If Daniel and Jorg decide to leave, just appoint Gary Locke and let him choose an assistant. Ann and the board have no football knowledge, so interviewing candidates is pointless.

Either way, we shouldn't  expect a repeat of 2014/15   in terms of winning the Championship by a mile.     

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I think based on what he did with us you could have a very enjoyable season immersed in some very exciting football once he can get the right mix of players. 

We need  big improvements in all aspects of the club, especially coaching and player recruitment.  Fancy being our  North of England scout, Helen ?  😊 

TynieGaffer86

I really hope Stendel stays, and now more than ever it’s time the fans got behind him. When Stendel came in, the team was used to losing, so they were always going to struggle in a change of direction. Give Stendel full control, and a pre-season to work with and I believe he’ll have Hearts back where we belong 🇱🇻

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

I'd sooner give Stendel the coming season to get it right. I'm actually of an age that Robbo was an early hero of mine and I'd hate for him to come in and manage us in case it went wrong and I ended up hating him like I do now with Levein.

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

We need  big improvements in all aspects of the club, especially coaching and player recruitment.  Fancy being our  North of England scout, Helen ?  😊 

I'd be rubbish but thanks for the offer! 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Redhelen said:

I think expecting any manager to win every game is a bit harsh no matter who they are!!

It is but we romped it last time with .Rangers and Hibs in the team, we didn’t lose a league game until January against Falkirk and won the league around the middle of March. It really is a poor league, I didn’t see one player from another team that I thought was good enough for us, we were no world beaters either. We beat a team 10 nil 😆.

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I'd be rubbish but thanks for the offer! 

"Being rubbish" has been the benchmark for our scouts for a while, so you'd fit right in !!  🙄

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The 3:3 game at Perth? Were you at the two games with Rangers where we suffocated them, deservedly beating a team full of multi million pound players. The state of the whole club when he came  in needed so much work, he only managed is for 17 games which is ridiculous to be judged upon. We were 8th in the form table, it wasn’t great but I’m not sure anyone else could’ve got more out the team.

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 hours ago, jbee647 said:

If she waits 6 weeks to do countless interviews we are done.. identify a target and get him... it’s not difficult, hundreds of clubs do it every season 

Her total lack of football knowledge will come back to bite us on the backside if and when Stendel leaves

Ann sacked Levein and then went on holiday for a week. If that had been a CEO employed by the club, they should have a P45 on their desk when they returned. Hibs sacked their manager at roughly the same time, and had a new one in place in no time. People still wonder why the club is moribund.

Great business woman but.

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It is but we romped it last time with .Rangers and Hibs in the team, we didn’t lose a league game until January against Falkirk and won the league around the middle of March. It really is a poor league, I didn’t see one player from another team that I thought was good enough for us, we were no world beaters either. We beat a team 10 nil 😆.

Maybe we should hire the same guy as last time then? 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe we should hire the same guy as last time then? 

Are you going to pay the compensation and convince him to come and manage in the back water that is the Scottish Championship? He will come back someday, hopefully when he’s learnt how to beat Hibs.

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, pointon said:

If Stendel goes it will be robbo assisted by Neil McCann 

More than happy with that

Im neither hell bent on DS staying or going (not sure what thats says!) but from his point of view it would make sense to take a hit of a season....he has spoken before that this is his first gig whereby he has a say in new additions and matters around the club...he also spoke of the trust he has with AB where he hasnt previously and ultimatley paid the price...peace of mind is worth its weight in gold....

€£€£ a side, it would give him a great chance to start again but this time hit the ground running...some dreadful displays in his short time with us but equally back to back wins against Sevco and an almighty show at ER suggests maybe a tad more time and stable backdrop could be enough for us to kick on...

Also Jorg cut ties with his previous employers of many decades to up sticks and join him here...that doesnt smack of decisions taken lightly or with the short term in mind....my gut says AB will find a way to finance their contracts for a year in the 2nd tier with a definite walking away should we not get up within 1 season...

Personally I think he will stay and it will be good times ahead in the post Levein era

🙂😊

jambopilms

I think folk need to remember we beat rangers twice around the time that they were really shit and dropping points to everyone. We beat Hibs because that's what we do. The other games we were playing better football than Levein but the results were shocking but mostly down to terrible embarrassing defensive errors that you can't blame managers for 

copa-mundial
10 hours ago, Redhelen said:

This is part of my thinking. 

Everyone seen what he did with Barnsley. The way team played, all the way to how he brought the whole club together. 

He was my first choice when Levein got sacked. He is still my first choice now. 

13 hours ago, Rods said:

I am changing my mind on this matter. I think Stendel style will be good for the championship and give him time to build the squad he wants. 

The problem he will have will be attracting the type of player he wants to play in the Championship. That quite simply will not be attractive to many.  I like DS and I think he was dealt a really bum hand here taking over the squad he got with little or no real opportunity to sort it.  I would be quite happy if he stayed - but if he decides not to then we have to get someone who knows the way forward in that Divisionand to me getting Robb in would be a no brainier.

jambopilms
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

This might be a little controversial, however, I think Naismith has been a massive disappointment for us. Other than the start of last season he has largely been absent or shit. 

He may well have been a very good player but I don’t think he has been for us. The guy couldn’t even commit to training full time with the squad for a large chunk of his time here I think. That’s alone makes me question his ability to step into management.

I don’t see much suggesting he would be a good manager. He began to remind me a bit of Mikey Stewart very could and pointing fingers and identifying other failures not so good in actually improving things, including his own performances. 

I think he would be a poor manager and an atrocious appointment. So AB may well do it. 

I would get rid of Naismith at the first opportunity. He’s been a massive waste of resource imo. 

I'm on this boat.

Naismith was shit the last season, if he had played anywhere near what he is capable of in the last few games we wouldn't be in this mess.

There is no chance he will stay fit for a fight in the championship. Expensive and unreliable.

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

This might be a little controversial, however, I think Naismith has been a massive disappointment for us. Other than the start of last season he has largely been absent or shit. 

He may well have been a very good player but I don’t think he has been for us. The guy couldn’t even commit to training full time with the squad for a large chunk of his time here I think. That’s alone makes me question his ability to step into management.

I don’t see much suggesting he would be a good manager. He began to remind me a bit of Mikey Stewart very could and pointing fingers and identifying other failures not so good in actually improving things, including his own performances. 

I think he would be a poor manager and an atrocious appointment. So AB may well do it. 

I would get rid of Naismith at the first opportunity. He’s been a massive waste of resource imo. 

Berra Mark 2.

David Black

Been saying this since he arrived. There have been spells when he has looked the part but overall he has been a let down and I would get rid as soon as possible. For the salary he is on we could get 2 players who could contribute more and play far more games. 

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

14 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

But he sings Hearts songs on FB, n that.

3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I think folk need to remember we beat rangers twice around the time that they were really shit and dropping points to everyone. We beat Hibs because that's what we do. The other games we were playing better football than Levein but the results were shocking but mostly down to terrible embarrassing defensive errors that you can't blame managers for 

Yep this is correct, I like Stendel and don't really blame him for our relegation but for a variety of reasons it just wasn't working. I think if the circumstances had been different he would've been a huge success but unfortunately we weren't playing well. Rangers had collapsed and theirs a reason they are now 13 pts behind Celtic. As for Hibs well, they are a joke of a club who we always do well against. Although it is ironic that our best manager of the last 5 years was the only one that couldn't beat them.

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I'd disagree.

I witnessed him actively when he was on the pitch coach players .

Suggesting different approaches.

Yes he did go off the boil.

But in games he was criticised I thought he brought others things .

Just making himself available for link ups etc.

Anyway if Stendal leaves who do we go to to pick a new manager.

Given that hes under contract and what lies in front would he be worth a punt?

I think he also took a lead in speaking to the players during the wage talks.

I dunno maybe someone who has more knowledge about the team on here could say if he has the respect needed.

On 12/05/2020 at 21:49, hmfc_FOREVER said:

What about John Hughes? Done a decent job at ICT and won them a cup and would get us up. 

FTH

They have just uploaded a video with Stendal on Hearts TV, not sure what they are saying as mine has run out bbut interesting they have him on !!

Berra than you

Pretty non committal on coming back. Basically says that it's not what he expected when signing (hoped to be restoring us to our usual position). He doesn't think it's fair that we are going down. Confirmed he is out of contract (although sounds like he is still working) and said he will be speaking to Ann in coming days when things are clearer. But hopes all can find a fair solution. I didn't think he sounded keen to drop a league but you never know. He did talk lots about keeping people in jobs. 

Hans von Luck
1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Pretty non committal on coming back. Basically says that it's not what he expected when signing (hoped to be restoring us to our usual position). He doesn't think it's fair that we are going down. Confirmed he is out of contract (although sounds like he is still working) and said he will be speaking to Ann in coming days when things are clearer. But hopes all can find a fair solution. I didn't think he sounded keen to drop a league but you never know. He did talk lots about keeping people in jobs. 

Cheers for that.

Just on sky sports Stendel wants to stay even if we are in the championship but saying he does not have a contract for us playing at that level said he loves the club. Not been here long but is really happy with set up and he would like to show the fans what he can do 

I havent seen the clip and nobody on here knows, all just guesswork, but I really think he would want to stay regardless where we find ourselves providing he is given complete control....the clause was sensible for both parties at the start but he is a passionate guy who puts weight on loyalty and a cause....he has that with AB and with us....it is now more than ever a real project and because we have fallen so far under CL, he has a massive opportunity to restore us back and take a good few good scalps along the way...