Next manager.

Hans von Luck

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Said it since day one that his style of football will work in many places, in many leagues and against many teams.  It just wont work when you are playing against perrenial cloggers fighting for their lives in the Scottish Premier League.  It works v Rangers which is great but it doesn't work against 90 % of the other teams.

And it most certainly will not work in the Scottish Championship.

Spot on and is why we need to cut ties. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

8 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Spot on and is why we need to cut ties. 

Another catastrophic failure from Budge and Levein.  

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another catastrophic failure from Budge and Levein.  

To be fair on this one, he was the appointment most fans wanted, judging by the polls. 

OmiyaHearts

If we end up in the Championship, which is 99% likely to happen, John Robertson is the only choice for me.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

To be fair on this one, he was the appointment most fans wanted, judging by the polls. 

Maybe the board read KB and acted on the vote 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Budge has never listened to the fans once in 6 years.  They effectively tapped him up without any noise from the fans.   I think once he was put into the mix he stood out more than others.  At the end of the day I think we were all just happy it was not the Hippy.

Edited by i8hibsh

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge has never listened to the fans once in 6 years.  They effectively tapped him up without any noise from the fans.   I think once he was put into the mix he stood out more than others.  At the end of the day I think we were all just happy it was not the Hippy.

Simply not true

Love how many are proposing Robbo for new manager .

Thank you ICT

Edited by johnthomas

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Happy for Stendel to stay and have a proper go at it. Scottish managers are dull. 

Id like him to stay but failing that id go for Robbo and Locke with JJ DoF. 

They all like attacking football. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, pointon said:

Jim Jefferies D.O.F

Robbo Manager

Gary Locke or Neil McCann as assistant 

:rofl:

Weirdly enough I’d be happy to give Stendel another go if we’re in the Premiership, but not if we’re in the Championship. My thinking is that he’ll have a bit of slack in the top league, since we’re not expected to win it. I’d give him the first round of games to prove himself. If we’re still shite then get shot. However, if we’re in the Championship there’d be no room for error and we’d have to be at it from the start. DS would worry me in that situation.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Whats funny? 

9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Id like him to stay but failing that id go for Robbo and Locke with JJ DoF. 

They all like attacking football. 

Just don't let Jimbo near the contracts !

To be honest I've a lot of time for JJ but could only see him as a figurehead 

I'd like Stendel to stay.  There were signs that he was starting to stop the gung-ho naivety while but still had us playing attacking football.  We didn't beat Rangers and Hibs by luck.  The St Mirren performance was absolutely disgraceful though.  I can't deny that I have doubts about Stendel but I do know that for the first time in two years, I was actually looking forward to going to games again- they were never dull.  By all accounts the young players love him and they're definitely the ones that were starting to show promise.  Clare, Moore, Irving and Henderson were miles better.  I feel that if he was given time, he'd get a tune out of the players that he keeps.

Failing that, if he does go, I'd like us to ask Robbo to be our Manager and find a role for JJ.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Said it since day one that his style of football will work in many places, in many leagues and against many teams.  It just wont work when you are playing against perrenial cloggers fighting for their lives in the Scottish Premier League.  It works v Rangers which is great but it doesn't work against 90 % of the other teams.

And it most certainly will not work in the Scottish Championship.

It doesn't work when you come up against well organised defences and teams that are happy to sit in and hit us on the break. It's no coincidence that our best results have been against teams that have actually pushed forward.

We simply do not have the guile to break down teams, and we haven't had that for some time because Levein was too preoccupied buying players that have good possession stats rather than an ability to create anything.

On 15/04/2020 at 21:10, Furious Styles said:

Alan Stubbs? 

****ing Alan ****ing Stubbs? 

**** off 

Better off with Una Stubbs

I still want him to stay. There were signs in the last few games barring the st midden game that we were starting to rack up a bit of consistency and looked dangerous in spells 

We are certainly not perfect but I don’t mind a WIP as if we crack his style of play it will be an exciting brand of football to watch moving forward

I don’t see why his style can’t work up here as there were plenty teams that sat in and played like cloggers in his league 1 season down south 

We need to wait and see what happens. At the same time I still think it’s too premature to be talking about a new manager coming on board 

He Who Cannot Be Named
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

There was actually a thread on here about Stendel well before the club would have made any contact.

Don't get the clamour for Robbo at all. Inverness were always a hard team to beat, now they lose if they come up against someone half decent. This was the Inverness team we hammered 5-0 start of last season in the League Cup, followed by a fairly convincing defeat in the Scottish Cup semi last year as well. Then this season Hibs belted 5 past them in the last round of the Scottish cup.  Loved Robbo as a player but not for me as manager.

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

There was actually a thread on here about Stendel well before the club would have made any contact.

Yeah, I blame that long-time poster who started it. 😉

(PS I don't really.) 

I think we’ll need a manager with Championship experience -so it has to be Robbo for me. 
He knows the league, and the players -& he’ll have the fans onside from day one. 

If we're relegated Stendel and his assistants will need to go to cut costs. If there's a clause to move them on at no cost it'll be done. In recent years several inexperienced managers have taken teams to Championship promotion, Neilson, Ross, Kettlewell, Hartley etc. I'm less worried about who the next manager is than being stuck with players with bad habits and attitudes.

ford donald
On 15/04/2020 at 19:40, skacel51 said:

Could be wrong here but I am positive I read that he has a clause in his contract if we are relegated he can walk.

He can walk away,part of his contract.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Don't get the clamour for Robbo at all. Inverness were always a hard team to beat, now they lose if they come up against someone half decent. This was the Inverness team we hammered 5-0 start of last season in the League Cup, followed by a fairly convincing defeat in the Scottish Cup semi last year as well. Then this season Hibs belted 5 past them in the last round of the Scottish cup.  Loved Robbo as a player but not for me as manager.

Well said. I can’t see many people out there that I would really want. I hope Stendel stays.

Stendel's a fraud and I can't wait to see the back of him along with Budge, Levein and McPhee.

Fresh start all round needed in the Championship.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well said. I can’t see many people out there that I would really want. I hope Stendel stays.

I'm sure he will.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Stendel's a fraud and I can't wait to see the back of him along with Budge, Levein and McPhee.

A fraud. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Who would you go for then to run the club, be DoF and head coach?

27 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

A fraud?? Deary me. Think he’s the only manager in the whole of Scotland who has actually achieved something out of Scotland. 

Holyrood_Hearts
29 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

For all the nonsense on here Stendel being a fraud is right up there

43 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

As he works for free in a hugely difficult time. A true fraud. Dear oh dear.

I’d like stendel to have a crack at it but if not I’d go for someone who’s been at the club before and gets what this is all about. Robbo or McCann maybe. 

Looks like the Coronavirus has wiped out half the populations short term memory as well 😂

Stendels record since coming in has been utterly honking and he was backed in January to the tune of Liam Boyce.

I’ll not be bothered at all if he goes. 

RedStarRiot
5 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Looks like the Coronavirus has wiped out half the populations short term memory as well 😂

Stendels record since coming in has been utterly honking and he was backed in January to the tune of Liam Boyce.

I’ll not be bothered at all if he goes. 

So maybe underachieving but certainly not a fraud. If anything he has been a very outspoken honest manager. I'm split on Stendel but I like him I think he's taken over at the wrong time really. 

8 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If we end up in the Championship, which is 99% likely to happen, John Robertson is the only choice for me.

I agree Robbo would be a decent choice for the Championship, but fear that within 6 months of promotion we will be looking for a better manager for the premiership...and back where we started 

22 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

So maybe underachieving but certainly not a fraud. If anything he has been a very outspoken honest manager. I'm split on Stendel but I like him I think he's taken over at the wrong time really. 

The hard facts are that his record since coming in have been appalling. He failed to beat Hamilton and St Mirren in must win games.

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If we are down Naismith might fancy it. For me, Robbo is a backward step.

With Locke as assistant could be a good call

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your a bit of a stuck record mate. How many times have you used this emoji? 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Your a bit of a stuck record mate. How many times have you used this emoji? 

The posts deserve that emoji.

.:P

3 hours ago, lewis2006 said:

Loads of frauds on here. Stendel ain't one of them.

52 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

With Locke as assistant could be a good call

yep got a great track record

Personally I'd be quite happy if we parted company with Daniel . Not convinced with him although I rate him as a person and he'll get my backing if he stays . 

RedStarRiot
1 hour ago, lewis2006 said:

The hard facts are that his record since coming in have been appalling. He failed to beat Hamilton and St Mirren in must win games.

This is true but it doesn't make him a fraud. I don't think you really know what a fraud is tbh. 

ooh-aah-cantona

I reckon Stendel will leave, irrespective of what division we end up with.

When that happens, I think Budge will want to take the ‘safe option’ which is someone experienced in Scotland and who the Hearts fans will get on side with (which is an ex player or manager.)

I personally can’t see past Robbo or Paulo Sérgio as the new boss.