Next manager.

Hans von Luck

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Oh yeah, a complete pigs ear, what with beating Rangers, Hibs, and the team starting to look like it actually remembered what the purpose of a game of football was again.

Shame that Stendel decided to release the COVID-19 virus on the World, and have the Scottish season ended 8 games early, just to get Hearts relegated.  If he hadn't done that, he's have been alright in my books,

100% this 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Oh yeah, a complete pigs ear, what with beating Rangers, Hibs, and the team starting to look like it actually remembered what the purpose of a game of football was again.

Shame that Stendel decided to release the COVID-19 virus on the World, and have the Scottish season ended 8 games early, just to get Hearts relegated.  If he hadn't done that, he's have been alright in my books,

It does seem to have been lost in the aftermath of the St. Mirren game, and subsequent closedown, that Stendel's Hearts were showing real signs of recovery. Less gung ho, better organised at the back and two terrific wins v. Rangers and Hibs. 

Whether it's a 14 club Premier or the Championship for us next season I'd like to see Stendel return. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah well done on those wins just a pity we couldn't beat St Mirren, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Johnstone and everyone else. He had long enough to turn it around and failed miserably. We were adrift at the point the season was halted and there was no sign we would stay up. I'm guessing you didn't watch the horror on show in Paisley? 

Yes, but you're forgetting the whole point:

We have been shite all season, and worse before Stendel came in.  Results were getting better - we didn't just sneak wins against Hibs and Rangers, we pumped them and looked confident doing so.  It was starting to click, and in the final 8 games we would have made up the difference, any Hearts fan that thinks otherwise is mental.  We've gone from a team that thinks 0-0 is a great result, to one that thinks 1-0 isn't enough.  I don't think people appreciate how much of a change in attitude that it...  It is massive, and it was always going to take time to adjust!  Especially because the old way had been drilled into a club over a long period of time.

Imagine if you were at work, and always used Windows on your work computer.  Overnight a new manager comes in, and tells you that you're now using a MacBook, and never allowed to touch the old system again.  It would take you ages to adapt to that, and you would always resort to absent-mindedly doing things you used to do on the old system, that don't work and do nothing on the new one.  That's where we were at, the players needed some time to adjust.  It was starting to happen, and the turnarounds of certain players were massive - that's down to Stendel and what he's trying to do.

By the way using the St Mirren game in an attempt to add credibility to your opinion is poor.  I bet you never even went.

Ainsley Harriott
16 hours ago, Tam Mo said:

Alan Stubbs

He turned Hibs from having 6 or 7 players in the squad when he turned up and won them the Scottish Cup playing attractive football. 

He must be worth a shout. 

Good try

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Whatever happens I worry that Budge and the club will be locked in reconstruction debates and legal battles so long that this will be another shambolic recruitment process.  Say what you want and call me a Hobo but lets be honest, the way Budge has handled recent events hardly makes us an attractive proposition to attract any manager that's doing a decent job right now at another club.  I think Robbo is the safe hands so I am relaxed as sure he will jump at the chance to come home.

17 hours ago, Hans von Luck said:

Well after the Dungdee vote today looks like we will be back on the hunt for another manager as I can’t see Stendel staying in this Micky Mouse League.

Thoughts?

I hope that Ann Budge can persuade Stendel to stay, whether it's in The Premiership or Championship.

The lady is clearly rather unpopular right now but that will change if she gets Levein and MacPhee out of the club a.s.a.p. and a Daniel led Heart of Midlothian are running away with The Championship or in the top-half of The Premiership in nine months time.

Hans von Luck
38 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

I hope that Ann Budge can persuade Stendel to stay, whether it's in The Premiership or Championship.

The lady is clearly rather unpopular right now but that will change if she gets Levein and MacPhee out of the club a.s.a.p. and a Daniel led Heart of Midlothian are running away with The Championship or in the top-half of The Premiership in nine months time.

Sorry but Daniel will bolt at the first opportunity “if” we are in the championship as looks ominous.

safe pair of hands required who knows Scottish football and the league, wee Robbo for me.

David McCaig
2 hours ago, martoon said:

It does seem to have been lost in the aftermath of the St. Mirren game, and subsequent closedown, that Stendel's Hearts were showing real signs of recovery. Less gung ho, better organised at the back and two terrific wins v. Rangers and Hibs. 

Whether it's a 14 club Premier or the Championship for us next season I'd like to see Stendel return. 

A recovery based on a solid 442 with full backs defending... a formation which was binned at half time v St Mirren with the score at 0-0.  We went 433, pushed the full backs forward and within 5 minutes had conceded the same goal, we had been conceding throughout his reign.

His two best performances were both achieved playing football that was atypical to Stendel.

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

We have been shite all season, and worse before Stendel came in.  Results were getting better - we didn't just sneak wins against Hibs and Rangers, we pumped them and looked confident doing so.  It was starting to click, and in the final 8 games we would have made up the difference, any Hearts fan that thinks otherwise is mental.  We've gone from a team that thinks 0-0 is a great result, to one that thinks 1-0 isn't enough.  I don't think people appreciate how much of a change in attitude that it...  It is massive, and it was always going to take time to adjust!  Especially because the old way had been drilled into a club over a long period of time.

Imagine if you were at work, and always used Windows on your work computer.  Overnight a new manager comes in, and tells you that you're now using a MacBook, and never allowed to touch the old system again.  It would take you ages to adapt to that, and you would always resort to absent-mindedly doing things you used to do on the old system, that don't work and do nothing on the new one.  That's where we were at, the players needed some time to adjust.  It was starting to happen, and the turnarounds of certain players were massive - that's down to Stendel and what he's trying to do.

By the way using the St Mirren game in an attempt to add credibility to your opinion is poor.  I bet you never even went.

How is using the St Mirren game for credibility poor? It was the last game we played and we were horrendous, no fight no quality and the management look bereft of ideas on how to change it. So how is that us turning the corner? And yes I was in Paisley that night and it is one of the worst performances I can remember in a good few years from a Hearts side. 

We were going down if the season was played to a finish and more blame lies with the players than Stendel but he can't walk away without some responsibility. Saying that calling the league with 8 games to go is a disgrace. 

I want Stendel to stay. I believe in what he's tried to do so far and firmly believe success if on the horizon. 

If he goes, then Robbo. We need someone who can fix this mess and knows the club. Catch is, Locke IMO would need to be involved. His passion is second to none and would have been a godsend through much of Leveins reign.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Dream on that Stendl will stay, he is on decent money.

Exactly if we are demoted he is of we will not be paying that kind of salary in the championship.Do not mind Stendel but I think we need another approach at this time regardless of what league we are in

part_time_jambo
8 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah well done on those wins just a pity we couldn't beat St Mirren, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Johnstone and everyone else. He had long enough to turn it around and failed miserably. We were adrift at the point the season was halted and there was no sign we would stay up. I'm guessing you didn't watch the horror on show in Paisley? 

The St Mirren game is the one that really makes me angry. The team went into that game knowing that the season was very likely to be curtailed after it, and it would then be likely that the team at the bottom would be relegated. Instead of putting in an effort for ONE game to make sure Hearts weren't that team, they turned in a horror show. Putting aside all the injustices in the last week, one performance would have saved us all this grief. It's not like they weren't capable, as wins over Hibs and Rangers showed.

buzzbomb1958
46 minutes ago, pointon said:

Exactly if we are demoted he is of we will not be paying that kind of salary in the championship.Do not mind Stendel but I think we need another approach at this time regardless of what league we are in

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Dream on that Stendl will stay, he is on decent money.

We already have budges dream team there would not surprise me one bit if she told lover boy and nanny to take charge

Robbie Neilson surely must be a contender. He has really impressed at DUFC so has led 2 teams to win the Championship in recent years.

letsmakesomenoise
44 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

Robbie Neilson surely must be a contender. He has really impressed at DUFC so has led 2 teams to win the Championship in recent years.

why on earth would he touch Hearts with a barge pole?

10 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I would hate Neilson coming back - absolute hate it 

I liked Neilson but I don't particularly want him back either. 

11 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I would hate Neilson coming back - absolute hate it 

A negative Kevin Keegan? 😉😁

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Stendell's record with us is awful. 

Cannot argue with this,failure to beat the Hamilton's,St Mirrens and St Johnstones are why we are fecked.

The last game v St Mirren was one of the worst pathetic performances I have ever seen from a Hearts team.

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, pointon said:

Jim Jefferies D.O.F

Robbo Manager

Gary Locke or Neil McCann as assistant 

If Stendel goes then I would prefer

Robbo DOF

McCann or Hartley - Head Coach

Naismith - Player Assistant Head Coach

letsmakesomenoise
8 minutes ago, pointon said:

Jim Jefferies D.O.F

Robbo Manager

Gary Locke or Neil McCann as assistant 

That lot would definitely have the players up for the games against the Hibs!

I said at the time of Stendel's appointment it would take around 18 months to sort the team out. He walked into a club where there was players who were signed to play in a certain way, and it wasn't an attacking style, it was a containment system to not lose and try to win a game 1-0  or 2-1. He has got rid of a few wasters already but can't get rid of everyone at the same time. You wouldn't have seen the best of a Stendel side until a few more were booted out and his own players brought in. Of course Stendel should continue turning the playing squad around, and if after that there's little improvement only then you change the manager. Some of the names mentioned here... Neilson? No thanks. Robbo? Nope, his Inverness teams lose to better opposition that any other Inverness managers' team. Tommy Wright hates HMFC, he can take a run and jump. Robinson would be the best option but he won't leave a Motherwell team he has worked hard to turn around. Stubbs? The guy who lasted 2 minutes at St Mirren, absolutely not. As for Neil McCann....his punditry comments are pure comedy gold, a man that thinks he knows everything and has nothing to back it. Really dislike him and wouldn't know where to start at Hearts. For me, Stendel should continue no matter what league we play in. If he has anything about him at all he would want to at least prove to himself he is capable, never mind the fans. However if he was to walk away i'd be going Jeffries as DoF, Gary Locke and Gary Naysmith as co-managers with coaching roles for Andy Kirk and Steven Naismith.  

East Lothian Jambo
21 hours ago, tian447 said:

You'll struggle to get universal agreement on that assertion.  Stendel took 11 points from 45. St Mirren defeat in what appears to be the final game that will be played this season was unforgivable given what was at stake 

Our away form was shite. Failure to win outside Edinburgh in more than 12 months. We have won 4 games in 36 and probably needed at least another 4 from remaining 8 to stand a chance 

All things considered it seems rather fanciful to suggest we could attain them. Of course we might have done so. It looks like we'll never know 

David McCaig

In what parallel universe were we starting to click under Stendel?

Lets list his League matches in reverse order starting with the shambles at St Mirren

1.St Mirren 1-0 Hearts

2. Hearts 1-1 Motherwell

3. HIBS 1-3 HEARTS

4.Hearts 2-2 Hamilton

5. Celtic 5-0 Hearts

6. Hearts 2-3 Kilmarnock

7. St Johnstone 3-3 Hearts

8. HEARTS 2-1 RANGERS

Those 8 games are literally the best snapshot of League form you could capture from Stendel’s and even then its only 2 league wins in 8 games... which are his only 2 league wins!!

Obviously if you run this list through his entire time at Hearts that becomes 2 league wins in 14!!

9. Ross County 0-0 Hearts

10. Hearts 1-1 Aberdeen

11. Hearts 0-2 Hibs

12. Hamilton 2-1 Hearts

13. Hearts 0-2 Celtic

14. Hearts 0-1 St Johnstone

Played: 14

Won: 2

Drawn: 5

Lost: 7

For: 15

Against: 25

Edited by David McCaig

Angry Haggis
On 16/04/2020 at 08:40, PapaShango said:

I don't particularly want to see Stendel in the dugout again. Let's be honest he inherited some dross but he made a complete pigs ear of trying to keep us up. I don't think he is suited to the club and hopefully he moves on. 

This is where I am at. Not really showed enough to even get me 50/50 thinking replace or persist with him. 

30 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In what parallel universe were we starting to click under Stendel?

Lets list his League matches in reverse order starting with the shambles at St Mirren

1.St Mirren 1-0 Hearts

2. Hearts 1-1 Motherwell

3. HIBS 1-3 HEARTS

4.Hearts 2-2 Hamilton

5. Celtic 5-0 Hearts

6. Hearts 2-3 Kilmarnock

7. St Johnstone 3-3 Hearts

8. HEARTS 2-1 RANGERS

Those 8 games are literally the best snapshot of League form you could capture from Stendel’s and even then its only 2 league wins in 8 games... which are his only 2 league wins!!

Obviously if you run this list through his entire time at Hearts that becomes 2 league wins in 14!!

9. Ross County 0-0 Hearts

10. Hearts 1-1 Aberdeen

11. Hearts 0-2 Hibs

12. Hamilton 2-1 Hearts

13. Hearts 0-2 Celtic

14. Hearts 0-1 St Johnstone

Played: 14

Won: 2

Drawn: 5

Lost: 7

For: 15

Against: 25

Completely agree. Some folk don't want to label him as a failure but that's what he was. He wasn't the right appointment at the time and results prove that. St Johnstone away and Killie at home showed his tactics up big time. Lump the ball over the top or down the channels and your right in on goal. The Hamilton game at home would also have been a defeat if they never had a man sent off. We were toiling badly in that one and looked done. Also not forgetting the absolute shit show against Hibs on Boxing Day. First time I can remember since probably 1999 Hibs strolling into Tynecastle and winning without breaking sweat. 

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Completely agree. Some folk don't want to label him as a failure but that's what he was. He wasn't the right appointment at the time and results prove that. St Johnstone away and Killie at home showed his tactics up big time. Lump the ball over the top or down the channels and your right in on goal. The Hamilton game at home would also have been a defeat if they never had a man sent off. We were toiling badly in that one and looked done. Also not forgetting the absolute shit show against Hibs on Boxing Day. First time I can remember since probably 1999 Hibs strolling into Tynecastle and winning without breaking sweat. 

Cant argue with that 

Boxing Day was a shocker

GorgieRules22

John Robertson would be the man for me. Great knowledge of that division and a great rapport with the support.

Keep Andy Kirks involvement along with Steven Naismith.

Siege Mentality job next season, we’ve been done wrong......time to put it right 💪🏻

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

John Robertson would be the man for me. Great knowledge of that division and a great rapport with the support.

Keep Andy Kirks involvement along with Steven Naismith.

Siege Mentality job next season, we’ve been done wrong......time to put it right 💪🏻

I'm in the Robbo camp as well. He's completely different to the manager we had first time around. He would walk from Inverness to Edinburgh for the Hearts job. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Cannot argue with this,failure to beat the Hamilton's,St Mirrens and St Johnstones are why we are fecked.

The last game v St Mirren was one of the worst pathetic performances I have ever seen from a Hearts team.

Said it since day one that his style of football will work in many places, in many leagues and against many teams.  It just wont work when you are playing against perrenial cloggers fighting for their lives in the Scottish Premier League.  It works v Rangers which is great but it doesn't work against 90 % of the other teams.

And it most certainly will not work in the Scottish Championship.

Edited by i8hibsh