Will You Purchase a Season Ticket

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Will You Purchase a Season Ticket (Poll)  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Purchase A Season Ticket

• Yes - Dont care what happens I am a fan this is what I do
    • No - Hearts are shit/Scottish football is shit/we should never be in this position etc etc etc - I cannae hack it no more
    • Maybe - Its a financial or emotional choice not pending the SPFL farce
    • Maybe - It depends on what league we are playing in

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I find it curious the price is based on a full season. 

Don't see that happening,  that should be clear in June 

What else can they do?

The club statement is clear enough about the reasons for putting the STs on-sale now, in spite of the unknowns.

Just bought my usual three.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• davemclaren

• mitch41

• smiler

been here before
1 hour ago, Pilmuir said:

What else can they do?

The club statement is clear enough about the reasons for putting the STs on-sale now, in spite of the unknowns.

Just bought my usual three.

Pay a couple of hundred as a 'deposit'. If the season starts then pay the rest if not then work out what should be paid as and when.

Im not over enamoured shelling out £450 on top of whatever is 'due' for this season with the potential of getting nothing for it.

The 10% "reduction" being offered for next season is a bit of a red herring.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

1,000 sold so far

Admire the resolution. 

I'm not that rich I will take the chance. As a single seat person it may be sensible to hang fire. 

Resigned to the the Championship,  might be more bearable as 2/3 ,of a season 

WheatfieldWarrior

It's going to come down to whether the rest of my group still want to go for me.

Main factor will be the pandemic. Not bothered about Levein, budge, stendel etc. 

I do care about the division, but being in the championship wouldn't stop me going.

I think the biggest reasons for not renewing will be risk of infection and loss if income.

I will renew as I can’t not, but I have to admit the whole voting fiasco and the rest of it has really left me feeling completely disillusioned with Scottish football.

As soon as my work start up and I have cash I will get one. I never had one last season due to Levein still being there but had one e very year since 94

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Definite Yes..............although I'm waiting first to see if there actually will be a Next Season.

There should be at some point. 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye, but the actual year is the question. 

Mind you, Dave, you will get a reduction when you reach 65.

:wink:

True. 😄

Tokyo Drifter

World Health Organisation want no footie played til 2021.

Whether that happens or not it's hard to see the 2020-21 season starting on time in August even if the league is called soon, so I'm starting to think the whole 'Will you buy a season ticket?' shtick is adacemid.

I mean academic.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

World Health Organisation want no footie played til 2021.

Id happily never see another game of "footie" in my life.

Football or fitba' on the other hand....

It would have been far more sensible for the club to ask all season ticket holders for, say, £100-200 to secure their seat for next season then, once it had been decided if/when/which division we were playing in, the balance became due. I think we have about 13k season ticket holders so that would have generated £1.3m-£2.6m (if all the existing s/t holders were happy to renew).

For a lot of people the very idea of shelling out £450 without knowing (1) Which division we'll be playing in and (2) If there will, indeed, be a 'next season' is a total no no for a whole host of reasons. I'll be pleasantly surprised if there are more than 5k renewals before the cut-off date.

15 minutes ago, Musemic said:

It would have been far more sensible for the club to ask all season ticket holders for, say, £100-200 to secure their seat for next season then, once it had been decided if/when/which division we were playing in, the balance became due. I think we have about 13k season ticket holders so that would have generated £1.3m-£2.6m (if all the existing s/t holders were happy to renew).

For a lot of people the very idea of shelling out £450 without knowing (1) Which division we'll be playing in and (2) If there will, indeed, be a 'next season' is a total no no for a whole host of reasons. I'll be pleasantly surprised if there are more than 5k renewals before the cut-off date.

think your bang on , out of our group of 6 there’s only 2 renewing until we have answers to the above. (all are FOH subscribers) . Hard times and to shell out £350+ In a oner when there is no guarantee of any football being played and not knowing the division is too much.  We don’t see football playing in front of crowds until next year at best 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Stewie Griffin
19 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Agree with fozzy that would have been a far better idea than putting season tickets on sale when we don’t know when we’ll next be able to attend a game at Tynecastle. For me personally it wouldn’t matter what league we are in as I would renew ours anyway it’s the fact that I could spend around £650 on both mine and my daughters tickets and then not get to see any games, Just can’t justify that at the moment with the fact my wife is currently furloughed.

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, Musemic said:

It might well come to something like that but those of us that can, and want to, buy season tickets should be allowed to do it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A 5th option is needed now really,  are you willing to gamble on having football to watch. 

Beginning to look unlikely,  I'd hold off closing this season,  you will get it finished in 12 months time 

Health issues may prevent fans from attending football games until a vaccine is available.

54 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Agreed the club should review this now before it's too late. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Health issues may prevent fans from attending football games until a vaccine is available.

I’m sure it will. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure it will. 

Indeed my other half doesn't want to go back,  not for fear of her own health but passing it on and potentially killing a relative,  though not so fussy about workmates apparently  :)

Needing the option...

Will purchase the season ticket once the world gets back to a level of normality and they have officially confirmed the football season will either finish or restart.

Until then the season ticket money stays in my account.

5 hours ago, been here before said:

Id happily never see another game of "footie" in my life.

Football or fitba' on the other hand....

Completely agree. 

"Footie' is right up there with "sarnie" and "Crimbo" on my list of words that I hate. 😊

23 minutes ago, martoon said:

Completely agree. 

"Footie' is right up there with "sarnie" and "Crimbo" on my list of words that I hate. 😊

Only Nigella Lawson would get away with such words ‘ At Crimbo I like to have cranberry and turkey sarnies eaten from my naked breasts and have two men play footie with my scrunched up panties. 

Repeat in her voice To get the full effect 

Hows everyone else doing on lockdown  ?

Edited by JimmyCant

Independence
On 18/04/2020 at 12:00, Weebroon98 said:

As long as CL is still drawing a wage from hearts then i won't renew

Absolutely and I don't like one of the girls who works within the pie stall in the Gorgie Road end. Either she goes or I go! This is how it works, ? . Jeez.....this place gets worse!

10 hours ago, Musemic said:

Yes, I would have gone for that.  I haven't purchased  an ST for the simple reason that if a football season is capable of being played, it won't be in front of stands full of supporters.  When we come to the stage where we are able to ease some restrictions, it won't be done at the risk of something which could start the spread all over again.  The economic impact of this has yet to be felt.  We won't risk plans to recover the economic aspects just so that folk can watch football.

Bazzas right boot
On 18/04/2020 at 19:38, HMFC86 said:

I will renew as I can’t not, but I have to admit the whole voting fiasco and the rest of it has really left me feeling completely disillusioned with Scottish football.

I'm here. 

Not bothered about championship, CL etc but really not happy about the vote and the way clubs and Doncaster went about it. 

Really don't won't to follow such an obviously corrupt organisation and product. 

Boils my piss tbh. 

Also, if this lockdown in this form continues past the next couple of months I'll not have a job so I'm beginning to think about that and tbh football as a spectator sport looked gassed until after the year, maybe longer. 

Can't see any concerts, sport being played for a while in front of crowds. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Or CL is sacked. 

I reckon CL staying on will take down more Hearts fans physically and mentally than CO-VD 19.

I voted 2 but not for the childish reason given in option 2. It's because nobody has got a clue what division we'll be in, what league season we'll be playing, if there will actually be any games played and most important of all, if you'll get to see  a game with that season ticket,  to me it seems completely crazy to even ask fans to buy season tickets when you don't even know if they'll get any use out of it.

Edited by RudiHMFC

Bought mine. It’s an act of support with little expectations of when and which league we will play in.

davemclaren

Renewed my mate and mine this morning. It makes little odds to him as he only makes a handful of games a season. He currently lives in Spain so getting to Edinburgh could be tricky for a while. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not playing football in 2020 I would be certain of looking at the Government document. 

I wonder when the riots begin,  she can request an adult conversation,  don't think she will get it

Emailed club today to see if they would let me put a deposit down for my seat given the unusual circumstances. I will let you know if I get a reply. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Probably needs an option for "No, not until we know whether there's even going to be a season with crowds in the next year" 

There is every chance there will be no football in front of crowds, no pubs or mass gatherings, until there is a working vaccine widespread. That timescale is 12 months plus from now. That is pretty clear from the most recent statements.

Fair enough if you want to support the clubs coffers, sadly not everyones in a position to buy a ticket to an event that has no guarantee of happening. It's not unlike buying a holiday to Spain... pay for it now but who knows when you'll fly 

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/04/2020 at 16:31, Randy Marsh said:

Maybe.  l'II buy one after confirmation that Levein and his cronies are no longer on the payroll.

Ok Randy Marsh get your ST.

On 17/04/2020 at 09:28, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Once Levein and MacPhee have left the building

Get onto your computer as these 2 are leaving on the 31st of May.

On 17/04/2020 at 11:59, Nicholas Brody said:

I'm also on the "once Levein is emptied" bus.

It would also help if I knew when next season was to be played, if I would be allowed in the stadium (this year?) And what league we will be playing in.

But I'm mostly interested in the current regime being punted and starting a new five year plan tbh.

Buy buy buy the man is going on the 31st of May plus your getting a freebie as McPhee is going to.

On 17/04/2020 at 10:36, jambali said:

Absolutely this

Buy your season ticket now. Levein is leaving the building. McPhee is going to. 

Just now, mitch41 said:

Buy your season ticket now. Levein is leaving the building. McPhee is going to. 

Yaaaaaay! Will wait until 1st June just in case!! Cash ready and waiting!

On 18/04/2020 at 12:00, Weebroon98 said:

As long as CL is still drawing a wage from hearts then i won't renew

Well you can buy your ST as CL AND McPhee are leaving on the 31st of May when their contracts are up.

On 23/04/2020 at 09:24, Smith's right boot said:

Or CL is sacked. 

I reckon CL staying on will take down more Hearts fans physically and mentally than CO-VD 19.

The 31st of May is your day as CL & AM are leaving.