Mike Ashley agrees fee to sell Newcastle

HMFC01

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If this guy passes the fit and proper person test then there’s something far wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-52465137

Well it comes back to D. Trump’s famous quote on the matter:

“TRUMP: Saudi Arabia - and I get along great with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.“

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, JCR said:

“TRUMP: Saudi Arabia - and I get along great with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.“

Forgive me if I don’t take anything that C U N T  says seriously.

Edited by Pasquale for King

The Internet
11 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Simeone is the best manager in the world. Is surprising that he's paid that much more than everyone else but I imagine if he wasn't he'd be in the epl now. 

7 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Simeone is the best manager in the world. Is surprising that he's paid that much more than everyone else but I imagine if he wasn't he'd be in the epl now. 

Not to mention the fact that time after time his best player has been sold and he somehow always manages to find someone that looks just as good if not better all with a net spend of about 50m over the last 5 years!

Spaniard ‘nominated’ for Newcastle Director of Football role after takeover – Previously worked at club as scout

By Sean Lunt -

28th April 2020

Newcastle United have ‘nominated’ Pablo Longoria as their new Director of Football should they finalise their takeover by a Saudi investment group.

The Magpies are in the middle of a takeover by the Saudi group, which is expected to see them have increased funds if it is ratified.

As a result, it has been anticipated they are set to undergo a huge summer transfer window, with the new owners wanting to bring high profile names to St James Park and several big names already linked with Newcastle across Europe.

If that is to happen, they would be wise to install a director of football to oversee the overhaul and, according to El Desmarque, the man they have identified is Longoria.

Embed from Getty Images

The 33-year-old last worked as the Sporting Director at Valencia but was also Chief Scout at Juventus before that.

He left his job at the Mestalla in September last year over ‘disagreements’, although there is a feeling that he ‘fully met expectations’ when it came to signings and their performances on the pitch.

He has been out of work since then, having turned down advances from AC Milan and electing to take time off before returning to work.

Newcastle are seemingly willing to offer him just that, and a return to the club where he worked as a scout from November 2007 to February 2008.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/spaniard-nominated-newcastle-director-football-role-takeover-previously-worked-club-scout/

I was thinking Rafa Benitez might be a good choice for Director of Football but if there's another job for him at Newcastle he might take it. 

Edited by HMFC01

22 hours ago, JCR said:

Didn't he also say something similar along those lines regarding NOT sanctioning them after the journalists murder because they were about to sign a multi-billion dollar arms deal with the US?

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, JamboJohn80 said:

Hopefully big mike can plough some of his billions into the jam farts, we could use the cash

Don't imagine we'll see you in the morning, goodbye Hobbit/Cleptic fan whatever you are. Mind and pull the head off it tonight for "fooling us".

And if you are a Hobbit, just remember we have "considerably more cash than you"

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

The Internet

There are exceptions to this but in general anyone with Jambo in their jkb name is likely not a Jambo. 

• 2 months later...

If this had been a London or north West team, would the premier League have dragged their heels? 

John Findlay
29 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Jim White says Amanda Stavely has been working on this for 2 and half years. She must be exhausted.

Should have gone to arbitration 

1 hour ago, bigcoll said:

If this had been a London or north West team, would the premier League have dragged their heels? 

Is there anyone with sense in Newcastle ?...why did it all take so long they cry as if it's rocket science

The buyer was a country who still cut peoples heads off as a punishment, a country who killed one of their citizens in the Turkish embassy claiming no one of any significance made the decision and tried to cover it up until the mass of evidence made them look silly, they lie to the world as they are part of a few countries who would flatten the state of Israel and those of Jewish persuasion...a country no one would care about were it not for oil, a country who intimidate others simply because of that making threats to cut off the supply unless we all kiss their backside. The heads of state lie to the citizens and live a life far removed from the Koran which they claim to follow

Simply put the bid should have been shown the door within 24 hours but as usual politics came into it with no one wanting to be the one to say no to them and the FA fearing to be caught up in the fall out.

In addition a country that facilitated illegal broadcasting. 

We don't know precisely the reasons. But quite possibly to keep things out of public viewing. 

Probably means the american guy Henry Mauriss will get it then.  Unless he gave up and bought another club  :doh:

Ashley is still prepared to sell Newcastle and has been in talks with Mauriss since the start of the month after an exclusivity clause in the deal with the Saudi's expired.

No doubt they will move fast unless they will try bring the price down since there are no other competitors bidding.

Mauriss is the CEO of Clear TV Media and is understood to have the funds in place to complete a deal with Ashley.

It will then come down to whether he can pass the Premier League's owners' and directors' test.

5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Is there anyone with sense in Newcastle ?...why did it all take so long they cry as if it's rocket science

The buyer was a country who still cut peoples heads off as a punishment, a country who killed one of their citizens in the Turkish embassy claiming no one of any significance made the decision and tried to cover it up until the mass of evidence made them look silly, they lie to the world as they are part of a few countries who would flatten the state of Israel and those of Jewish persuasion...a country no one would care about were it not for oil, a country who intimidate others simply because of that making threats to cut off the supply unless we all kiss their backside. The heads of state lie to the citizens and live a life far removed from the Koran which they claim to follow

Simply put the bid should have been shown the door within 24 hours but as usual politics came into it with no one wanting to be the one to say no to them and the FA fearing to be caught up in the fall out.

Don't make me laugh! And the rest of premier league money? Where's it from? The Qataris? Who use slave labour to build World Cup stadia? 

And everyone in Saudi wants Israel wiped from the map? Have you an ounce of knowledge about Middle East politics or do you just spout whatever fantasies come to your head at any moment? 

And so the "sleeping giant" of English football slips ever deeper into it's decades-long coma.

Owner after owner has taken advantage of the fanbase, who are one of the most dedicated in the game, selling out home games no matter what league they're in or how the team are performing on the pitch.

50,000 fans every home game and nothing to show for it.

18 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

:kirklol:

Newcastle fans thought they were getting Neymar etc.

Been watching Newcastle for 15 years in addition to Hearts...seen this movie that many times that never once did I actually believe the takeover was on

Mag fans claiming to be devastated and that they've been starved by Ashley made me wince. This is the club that spent £40m on misfit Joelinton just 12 months ago.

10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Mag fans claiming to be devastated and that they've been starved by Ashley made me wince. This is the club that spent £40m on misfit Joelinton just 12 months ago.

One, player doesn't make a transfer policy

For a club that regularly has 50k fans in attendance despite never winning anything, plus they must make some amount of money on strips sales the transfer spending, especially against much smaller clubs is piss poor, over the last 5 years their net transfer spend is 50m less than bournemouth!

Over the last 4 years they have a net spend of about 30m which is absolute peanuts in the Premier League, christ Villa spent 5 times that last summer!

23 minutes ago, Ribble said:

One, player doesn't make a transfer policy

For a club that regularly has 50k fans in attendance despite never winning anything, plus they must make some amount of money on strips sales the transfer spending, especially against much smaller clubs is piss poor, over the last 5 years their net transfer spend is 50m less than bournemouth!

Over the last 4 years they have a net spend of about 30m which is absolute peanuts in the Premier League, christ Villa spent 5 times that last summer!

They've spent 273m on players in past 5 years, that's just 50m less than Tottenham. Most of the money is coming from Sky and overseas TV rights, not the toon army 50k. The notion they've been staved is a nonsense. Their fans just want an Arab sugar daddy like City.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They've spent 273m on players in past 5 years, that's just 50m less than Tottenham. Most of the money is coming from Sky and overseas TV rights, not the toon army 50k. The notion they've been staved is a nonsense. Their fans just want an Arab sugar daddy like City.

Just taking the money out on players isn't the whole picture though is it? When you balance that with players sold their net spending is around £120-130m over the last 5 years, which is more or less the same as their prize money for 18/19 season so Newcastle fans are probably correct in wondering where the prize money from the other 4 years has gone, not to mention ticket and merchandise money

23 hours ago, bigcoll said:

Don't make me laugh! And the rest of premier league money? Where's it from? The Qataris? Who use slave labour to build World Cup stadia? 

And everyone in Saudi wants Israel wiped from the map? Have you an ounce of knowledge about Middle East politics or do you just spout whatever fantasies come to your head at any moment? 

Newcastle United fans can it seems be bought..no better than ladies of the night in the Bigg Market

Oh and go back to school and finish it this time.....  somehow I don't think you were an A student

18 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Newcastle United fans can it seems be bought..no better than ladies of the night in the Bigg Market

Oh and go back to school and finish it this time.....  somehow I don't think you were an A student

Since when has the bigg market ever been a red light district? 

The owners and directors test is designed to protect clubs and its supporters.

Instead, the Premier League used it to protect Qatar.

On 01/08/2020 at 20:51, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

The owners and directors test is designed to protect clubs and its supporters.

Instead, the Premier League used it to protect Qatar.

Bein Sports is a key broadcast partner.

They have evidence of the Saudis allowing even facilitating piracy.

But without total honesty we don't know the reasons this failed.

I think it's most likely the consortium pulled out because of the economy being shit. And that they would have been allowed to proceed with the takeover. 

On 01/08/2020 at 18:09, bigcoll said:

Pink Lane when I lived there,  or so I was told😊😊

On 31/07/2020 at 23:46, CJGJ said:

Saudi Arabia are the biggest Allies Israel has, after their lapdogs in the USA. 

4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Pink Lane when I lived there,  or so I was told😊😊

Heard the same, from a third party, I might add ☺️

On 04/08/2020 at 20:40, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Maybe this will stop the growth.....Football fans with no moral compass

Well done the FA for delaying any decision and shame on Newcastle fans for simply being willing to kiss the backside of anyone who offers them enough money

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53677869

Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has been accused of sending a hit-squad to Canada in order to kill a former Saudi intelligence official.

The failed plan to kill Saad al-Jabri was soon after the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Turkey, court documents filed in the US allege.

Mr Jabri, a veteran of the government of Saudi Arabia, fled into exile three years ago.

He has been under private security protection in Toronto since.

The alleged plot failed after Canadian border agents became suspicious of the hit-squad as they attempted to enter the country at Toronto's Pearson International Airport, court documents say.

Mr Jabri, 61, was for years the key go-between for Britain's MI6 and other Western spy agencies in Saudi Arabia.

What does the complaint say?

The 106-page unproven complaint, which was filed in Washington DC, accuses the crown prince of attempting to murder Mr Jabri in order to silence him.

Mr Jabri says this is down to him possessing "damning information". The document says this includes alleged corruption and overseeing a team of personal mercenaries labelled the Tiger Squad.

Members of the Tiger Squad were involved in the murder of dissident journalist Khashoggi, who was killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in 2018, it says.

On 01/08/2020 at 18:09, bigcoll said:

It was always free when I was a lad

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It was always free when I was a lad

If she drops her chips you must have done something right 

• 1 month later...