New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both tops are gash. Away top could be the worst away kit since the blue and white stripe number back in 2010 or something like that. 

42 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

See there I think it looks quite good, the picture of it hanging on the coat hanger in the dark doesn't look good at all. They did that with the home kit as well, in the flesh it's a smart kit. 

This, I like it very much, it's all about opinions! 

Hungry hippo

First top in a while that I really haven't liked. Will probably look decent on the team but definitely won't be buying it.

The massive similarities with the goalie top don't help.

Crap. 

Another year and my wish for a Peru style top is criminally ignored.

I'm assuming that having a bespoke top designed and chosen by the fans is not possible, as from a marketing point of view, you would likely get the most sales out of it?

Crap. 

I'm assuming that having a bespoke top designed and chosen by the fans is not possible, as from a marketing point of view, you would likely get the most sales out of it?

It is a bit meh. Not a fan of the neon colours of football strips. Arty farty sleeves too.

Nice maroon shorts though.

But at least the 'Save the Children' is all white rather than with the red logo that looked out of place on previous away strips.

fabienleclerq

It's rank, we had the colour scheme to go back to the inter one and it would've been a huge seller. Anyone know how we decide on kits? Does someone at the club have major input or do we get shown xyz from the supplier to. 

5 minutes ago, ericb said:

This, I like it very much, it's all about opinions! 

Yeah for some reason we as a fan base are very critical of these things. I find fans of other teams to default to a positive position, for example when Hibs released that purple and green monstrosity last year, it was roundly celebrated. They are even talking up the Dougary Scott video as being clever marketing. We release a decent enough but not outstanding away kit and everyone is outraged. I'm sure Man City fans would take that kit in an instant rather than the stuff they have had to suffer in recent seasons. 

Looks awful on the hanger. The other pic is a bit more flattering. 

Just meh for me. Kids will like it though. 

Kits are changing again. Gone are the days of recent past were retro was the fashion. Old fuddy duddies in our support need to accept that. 

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, bn jambo said:

20/21 AWAY Short Sleeve Top - Gents PRE-ORDER

Shade of blue looks much nicer here. Less like the highlighter blue of the goalie/training gear. A lot softer. Looks much better here than in the reveal photos.

I suppose it's fine. I do like it. But It's just a little disappointing when you consider the options we have and what supporters are crying out for season after season.

7 minutes ago, Homme said:

Looks awful on the hanger. The other pic is a bit more flattering. 

Just meh for me. Kids will like it though. 

Kits are changing again. Gone are the days of recent past were retro was the fashion. Old fuddy duddies in our support need to accept that. 

I'd argue these designs are 'retro' just paying homage to a different era. If you look at street fashion in general, pretty much everything has the goddy colours and graphic textures of the early 90s running through it.

3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I'd argue these designs are 'retro' just paying homage to a different era. If you look at street fashion in general, pretty much everything has the goddy colours and graphic textures of the early 90s running through it.

Yeah you're right, I could have worded better. Hark back to the 90s is prevalent across most kit manufacturers at the minute. 

Think USA 94!

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Crap. 

Me too.
I think in the future the FoH should insist that we have a least one strip picked by the fans from a range of designs.

I quite like it, not sure if I'll buy it. Might buy the shorts for all this nice weather we're having. 😉

PhoenixHearts

Want to buy a Gordon kit but wasn't feeling the blue. Been looking around for potential away goalkeeper kits by Umbro. Safe to say the green is out of the question, I don't really want us "enabling" anyone by selling an orange kit, and the yellow is boring. 

Hoping they do a black option.

Also wish we sold short sleeve GK kits.

5472-1099.jpg

dcfc_2021awaygkshirt_159359790692766UKIT_1.jpg

dcfc_2021adulthomegkshirt_159516271092794UKIT_1.jpg

Edited by PhoenixHearts

It's not totally awful. I actually quite like it, and will definitely be ordering all 3 shirts this season. 

The white detailing should have been black, but that's just the way it goes.  It will grow on us, especially if we keep winning games in it. You'd also be better off buying an away kit, rather than going to away matches! 

Maybe for next seasons kits, we can collectively make a bit of noise about the Inter Milan style shirts or even the Silver away shirts.  Have some sort of petition that can be sent to the club so they understand what the fans actually want and they can then put a proposal out to Umbro.  I refuse to believe there is little discussion about these things, and Umbro just say "that's what you're getting this year". 

I noticed on the HMFC Facebook page, a mockup from here was posted for the Inter style shirt and it's been given a lot of attention.  Hopefully someone at the club sees it too, and can make a suggestion for next year :thumbsup:

Grown men moaning over this and then saying think about the marketing side? From a marketing side...we've never had a top like that so it might appeal to people who don't usually buy the standard maroon or white. 

1 hour ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

I wish Hearts would go back to having an away strip that is just the same as the home strip but in white.

The Errea one worked brilliantly in the reverse as did Hummel 05-06

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Underwhelming, looks like a training top

20200724_093043.jpg

Love the sleeves, hate the collar and the colour. 

Looks like a goalie top and like it's been put back together from two different strips due to the darker blue on the sleeves. 

Honking

Dallas Green

A bit meh.

Got the 3rd kit last year and bought this seasons home one already. Still gonna end up buying this away one though 😂

It'll hang up nicely with the rest.

I actually really liked the last blue top we had, the one with the cobblestone on it.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Zico said:

It’s not like H1B5 bad as the colour’s fine, it just looks like a training top. Lazy from Umbro. 

they will  go for about a tenner each in new year ,  garbage design ,,,,,

LarrysRightFoot

it’s not the worst ever but we have had some great away tops In the past they could have used as a template. Also some of the concept designs are far better. 

Hopefully they are saving an ‘Inter style’ kit for the next FOH 3rd strip from 2021/22.

2 hours ago, gogadgetlegz said:

If those white markings on the sleeves had been black, I would have been satisfied that we had finally got a homage to the “Inter” away top

Exactly my thoughts - the banner behind the shirt even uses the same pattern in blue and black - how hard was it? :jj_facepalm:

58 minutes ago, Barack said:

You would. You're about 15 years old.

I wish, fast approaching double that :lol: 

31 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I actually really liked the last blue top we had, the one with the cobblestone on it.

Probably the best away kit we've had this side of 2000.

Absolutely unique to the club, which was a really nice touch from Umbro, and a good mix of ridiculously bright with maroon splashings.

I've got 2 of them, and desperately wish I'd bought more! :thumbsup 

i find it inoffensive. Best I can say really.

I just wish we'd get a silver/grey one.

😑

Edited by neilnunb

I really think we have 3 great shirts for next season, home, away and third Shirt are bloody lush as we say in Cardiff! Well done Hearts now let's smash every team we play!  HHGH. 

25 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

It's horrible. That's the kindest thing I have to say about it! 

I'll just go with this. Because I was gonna say something worse.

I really don't like the cut of the Umbro tops these days with the sloping sleeves coming down from the neck line.

The sleeves design/pattern though is quite cool, I like that. The blue and the top in general aren't nice at all though.

Edited by Taffin

Reaction is a wee bit OTT, no? Will probably look quite smart on both the team and on kids. 

We've had many away kits that I can barely remember until I see an old picture of it. I'd guess this will be another one of those. 

rudi must stay

It's like a top you'd wear at the beach and actually looks like a fake top, maybe that's why they made it. We get good you'll see them in Spain and Portugal in those shops 

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, pablo said:

Reaction is a wee bit OTT, no? Will probably look quite smart on both the team and on kids. 

We've had many away kits that I can barely remember until I see an old picture of it. I'd guess this will be another one of those. 

It really isn't it's up there with the worst kits we ever had and you'll see around Britain. It doesn't work at all 

A_A wehatethehibs

Predictably bad away kit, haven’t liked an away kit in years. Probably 15-16 is the only budge era away shirt I’ve liked and even that was a bit dull 

Not a fan, looks like a mishmash thrown together because someone at Umbro forgot about the away top until their counterpart at Hearts asked them how it was coming. Either way both sides should be getting their arse felt for that crap.

Umbro seem to have gone for alot of light blue away tops, maybe an excess of that colour at the sweatshops in India!? 

Shame really as if there was an away top that was crying out for a reverse of the home version it was this one. Think a white top with maroon and gold trim would have looked the biz.

15 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Shame really as if there was an away top that was crying out for a reverse of the home version it was this one. Think a white top with maroon and gold trim would have looked the biz.

The issue there, is you'd have people moaning about it being "unoriginal" and having "no effort put into it".

You really can't win with football supporters :lol: 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to New kits (third strip pre-order now available)