Which is your favourite stand?

FWJ

To sit in of the current ones?

Never like being behind a goal and of the other two I still prefer the Wheatfield.  Don’t know why, happy memories?  Maybe because it faces east the light’s better or maybe it’s because it’s familiar.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Never like being behind a goal and of the other two I still prefer the Wheatfield.  Don’t know why, happy memories?  Maybe because it faces east the light’s better or maybe it’s because it’s familiar.

Wheatfield for me. A Side on view and no sun in your eyes. 

Stendelsarmy

The stand we take against the corrupt mother****ers running our game

Edited by Stendelsarmy

Jambos_1874

Main Stand for me too, although I do like the Wheatfield. I occasionally watch the game from the Gorgie when I am in hospitality and it feels like a totally different experience watching from that perspective.

Wheatfield for me. The new stand has better food options though the sun in your eyes ruins it and getting out at full time seems to take an age.

Had my ST in the old main stand for many years in the past and I always liked looking over at the rest of the stadium. 

But then I do like the Wheatfield. I like looking over at the new stand and the if I sit with my Father-in-Law in Section G just 14,15 rows back, it’s great for derbies and bigger matches.  Feels like it draws the stadium in sitting there. 

Current ST seat is lower Gorgie. Never been a fan of sitting too close to the pitch.

Hopefully a new seat next season. 

Gorgie Road stand for us.

Against the grain but I prefer watching from behind a goal. I feel you can really read and see the game better. 

All those years watching from the shed or, on occasion, the school end probably has a lot to do with it. Even away games when there was often a choice (Fir Park, EEPark, Tannadice...) behind the goal was my preference. 

The Internet

I like being low down in the Gorgie. I did switch for a cup game to try high up in the new stand and the views are great, but you just feel the atmosphere better when you're low down, particularly when there's a goal and the players celebrate right in front of you. 

Wheatfield, 100%.

The new Main Stand is fantastic, and I've sat in it a fair few times now. The Premium Seats are superb, and give the legroom I need at 6ft 3 :lol:

But every time I've sat there, I've looked over at the Wheatfield with a quiet jealousy. It was my first love at Tynecastle, and always will be. 

Tokyo Drifter
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Always loved the old Main Stand but really didn't like the new Main Stand so I've moved back to the Wheatfield. Loved the old School End but of the two I prefer the Gorgie Stand now.

Carl Weathers

I really like my seat in the new Main stand. Good facilities and I find it easy to get in and out of (I'm row 13 - appreciate it bad for getting out if you sit higher). The sun can be annoying at times though. 

Was in the Wheatfield since it went up then moved to the enclosure of the old stand so I could get dibs on the new stand.

I love the new stand and my seat in section Q.

the sun can be a pain though

When footie returns, why not hand out complimentary sunglasses and headwear for the main standites, or maybe allow them to purchase at reasonable cost. This should address their concerns re sunlight.

Many years ago I attended a game in Madeira (Maritimo) and featuring a young Christiano Ronaldo. The stadium was completely "open plan" with concrete seats. Once through turnstiles, were able to purchase a cushion, rainmac, sunglasses and headwear. Very civilised!!!! 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Stendelsarmy said:

The stand we take against the corrupt mother****ers running our game

😂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🇱🇻

Lower sections of the new main stand, rows 8-10 the sweet spot.

Main stand seats are just that little bit wider than the rest of the ground, the facilities are reasonably good and entrance is quick and exit via Gorgie end is quick.

Though the view from the Wheatfield to the new stand is nicer.

Jambof3tornado

Wheatfield, like seeing the new stand from where i sit. Wish they'd do something with the press positions though.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Wheatfield, like seeing the new stand from where i sit. Wish they'd do something with the press positions though.

Yup, they are just out of catapult range😁

Bazzas right boot

The sun is a pain in the new stand tbh. 

Always forget my shades. Always. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Sat in wheatfield for years but been in main stand since opened but seriously considering going back over to wheatfield 

queensferryjambo
7 hours ago, martoon said:

Gorgie Road stand for us.

Against the grain but I prefer watching from behind a goal. I feel you can really read and see the game better. 

I have sat in them all and currently sit in the new main stand.

I did spend 3 seasons in the Gorgie Road and it was brilliant.

SpruceBringsteen

The new one, because it stopped absolute weirdos on here naming the previous incumbent after a rancid Hibs and Celtic ****.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, TWF said:

When footie returns, why not hand out complimentary sunglasses and headwear for the main standites, or maybe allow them to purchase at reasonable cost. This should address their concerns re sunlight.

Many years ago I attended a game in Madeira (Maritimo) and featuring a young Christiano Ronaldo. The stadium was completely "open plan" with concrete seats. Once through turnstiles, were able to purchase a cushion, rainmac, sunglasses and headwear. Very civilised!!!! 

I think rain macs or brollies for the front rows would be more appropriate, Sun was only an issue three times last season and as rather pleasant. Getting a tan was about the only thing worth being there for.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sat in wheatfield for years but been in main stand since opened but seriously considering going back over to wheatfield 

Wheatfield is well better.  

North Stand (Janefield St) adjacent to the Jock Stein stand ...... where I saw my greatest football moment in 1998 when Hearts went up to lift the Scottish Cup!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

From a viewing perspective, the Wheatfield by miles. Although I liked the old main stand. Hate sitting behind the goals tbh. 

I hate the New main stand. I feel like the seats are too close together than what they are in the Wheatfield for some reason. I also think it is an architectural abomination and one of the worst designed buildings I've ever been in. I do like the brick bit at the front though. 

It should have been ten
14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Wheatfield for me. A Side on view and no sun in your eyes. 

Absolutely this!  :thumb:

Can't beat a summer's day in lower N.  Nothing quite like standing getting a suntan watching us pump Hibs 

:jjyay:

Even though the view is better, fab facilities and more comfort I still miss changing ends at half time and being crushed behind the goals