McCann and Pressley

Leveins Battalion

Easy to say when things haven’t went overly well but ffs, do we have to go over all the reasons again?

I still believe in Stendel. He’s a man of conviction and , imo, we needed an outside mind to see things another way and be allowed to re-structure the football side.

That doesn’t take 5 minutes.  

Im not sure bringing in another Hearts minded coach would’ve been the answer just now and it’s rumoured McCann eventually got too frustrated at Dundee after a good start and quickly lost the respect of players. Not great.  

On 11/04/2020 at 08:33, David McCaig said:

Conversely, Stendel would probably have been the perfect man to replace Neilson.

That's a fresh perspective on a topic that's been debated to death. I agree with you. 

Scottie Wanshot.
On 11/04/2020 at 08:46, David McCaig said:

We didn't need someone to be good, we needed someone not to be so bad that Hamilton/St Mirren sped off into the sunset.

We needed someone who didn't fail to win every single game against bottom 6 opposition.

I blame Ann Budge and I blame Craig Levein, but Daniel Stendel has had half a season and there has been no improvement.  Indeed his last match at St Mirren was one of THE worst Hearts performances I've ever had the misfortune to witness.  I would have sacked him that evening.

totally agree with you.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Without doubt if Pressley had got the job, we wouldn't be in this position.

:rofl:

3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Without doubt?

How do you work that one out then?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

He’s a massive loser. He’d have fitted in well tbf

Nope, don't agree. We were in free fall and had a team high in respect of wages but bereft of confidence and ability 

This needs to be taken into Account. Elvis and McCann wouldnt have done any better IMO 

I don't buy or have ever bought the Elvis Shite about him being a traitor/septic lover etc - Other than losing his heid on the pitch  for 10 minutes I believe that when he was with us he lead and made every player bleed for us on the pitch. McCann - One of our best ever wingers. 

I wouldn't appoint any of them as our Manager though