Would you go back?

hughesie27

Relegation  

570 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if we are relegated by a vote?

• Continue as normal/Buy a ST next year.
    • Make a decision based on Hearts response/challenge
    • Will not buy a ST next year.
    • Will walk away from Scottish football indefinitely
    • Will cancel FOH sub
    • Will maintain FOH sub
    • Never attend another away game

The poll speaks for itself but apologies if I've not included an option that suits you.

It is primarily directed at ST holders.

It is multiple choice for those also FOH donators.

For me this vote is a complete joke. Hearts aside a team in Partick Thistle's position should never be relegated and face the financial result of that because the team above them were lucky and made the cut having played an extra game over them. It is fundamentally wrong to do this.

If the Premiership table were this close at the top 2 then there is absolutely 0 chance that whoever was top would be handed the title.

The vote offers nothing in sporting integrity and everything in self preservation. Teams are going to vote in whatever way benefits them the most. In a years time in a different league position a team like St Mirren or Hamilton may well vote against the proposals. Alternatively, had Partick got to play their game in hand and won I'd expect them to vote different as they will now. That is not a fair system. That is everyman for themselves.

It just so happens that most teams won't get promoted or be relegated so those "safe" teams will vote in support of a quick resolution and teams like Partick and ourselves just need to bend over and accept it.  

Edited by hughesie27

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hughesie27

• Nookie Bear

• kingantti1874

• Batistuta87

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never walk away from my club, but yes, I think any faith in the Scottish football authorities that I have (and believe me, it's not much) would be completely diminished and beyond repair. 

Just now, Locky said:

I would never walk away from my club, but yes, I think any faith in the Scottish football authorities that I have (and believe me, it's not much) would be completely diminished and beyond repair. 

100%

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Agree with every word mate👍

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

You missed the “refuse to put another penny into any other Scottish club” option. 

So you would no longer attend Scottish Cup games?

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Certainly not away games, no. 

Cup games are split 50/50 so it doesn't matter if they are home or away.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Crap poll, will obviously go to tynecastle- the question is will you go to another Scottish ground

Would you extend that to all Scottish Cup games as well? 

Nookie Bear
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Cup games are split 50/50 so it doesn't matter if they are home or away.

Nah, probably wouldn’t bother then. 

I've added an option for those who want to boycott away games (and presumably any Scottish cup game Home or Away Semi or Final).

kingantti1874

Can’t select multiple options, I will be going to tynecastle, paying my FOH sub and possibly increasing it based on the money I save from going away

Seymour M Hersh

I'm already sick to the back teeth of the game up here. The bias shown to two teams in Glasgow, the appallingly low standard of refereeing, the chronic football (not just by us), the parochial mentality shown by those who supposedly run the game and by clubs and supporters the shameful overpricing of the game. I'm on the verge of being done with it after 50+ years of attending games and if we are voted down then, regardless of the clubs reaction, I'd be done with it.

I’d buy a season ticket, provided 3/4 of the squad get punted and the previous management team GTF, but every option here relates to Hearts. 

Why would any Hearts fan vote to penalise their own club based on the decision of other clubs?

Get a season ticket, go to every home game as I do now but not any away games. I’ll donate the ticket money I would have spent to Hearts and listen on the radio. 

Edit - polls updated, and I’ve already made my pick 😂

Edited by Squirt

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Would you extend that to all Scottish Cup games as well? 

I will never go to another away ground. 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Can’t select multiple options, I will be going to tynecastle, paying my FOH sub and possibly increasing it based on the money I save from going away

You can. I chose 2 myself.

You say you won't go to another ground. Is that as far as you would go or would you go as far as to not give them any money through Scottish Cup gates as well?

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm already sick to the back teeth of the game up here. The bias shown to two teams in Glasgow, the appallingly low standard of refereeing, the chronic football (not just by us), the parochial mentality shown by those who supposedly run the game and by clubs and supporters the shameful overpricing of the game. I'm on the verge of being done with it after 50+ years of attending games and if we are voted down then, regardless of the clubs reaction, I'd be done with it.

Yes well, the juniors are still worth a look; you can get in for £6 or there about.

7 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Why would any Hearts fan vote to penalise their own club based on the decision of other clubs?

Because for some people the principle of just making up rules as you go along would be enough to lose faith and reason in following the game.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You can. I chose 2 myself.

You say you won't go to another ground. Is that as far as you would go or would you go as far as to not give them any money through Scottish Cup gates as well?

I won’t ever go to an away ground with the current exception of ibrox or firhill.  sharing gate for cup ties is unavoidable.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Because for some people the principle of just making up rules as you go along would be enough to lose faith and reason in following the game.

Possibly but then I’d question why they didn’t stop attending Scottish Football many moons ago. The way the game has been governed in Scotland has been a joke for many a year.

It could be the straw that broke the camels back, maybe, but football is tribal for the most part and that’s why it survives, particularly up here.

I think I'm done. It's clear what is going to happen here but on the other hand we have also opened the door wide to let it happen. Ultimately trust has been undermined on all fronts and it's a shit show from top to bottom. 

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Possibly but then I’d question why they didn’t stop attending Scottish Football many moons ago. The way the game has been governed in Scotland has been a joke for many a year.

It could be the straw that broke the camels back, maybe, but football is tribal for the most part and that’s why it survives, particularly up here.

Can't disagree with that. I think this may break a few backs though. 

Up to now I've been wanting to know when the new season starts before committing. 

Like most good fans on here I support Hearts no matter what. Though the 'what' is pushing it. 

It is possible I would walk away. 

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Can't disagree with that. I think this may break a few backs though. 

You may well be right. Not everyone will view Hearts as an integral part of their life. I can only speak for myself but no matter what I just don’t think I could turn my back on the club. You need to stick out the bad times to be there for the good times.

Been threatening all bloody season to stop going because I hate these players but come Saturday I’m in the car at 10 o’clock driving 2 hours each way to ruin my weekend and I’m sure it’ll continue.

I'm not sure.

My initial thoughts are I'd be done with Scottish football. I'd also be quite happy to withdraw from the Scottish Cup, even if it means Hibs going to the final.

It just seems what's the ****ing point...it's quite clear they just want Celtic winning everything, every season. 

But no doubt I'll change my mind. :)

portobellojambo1

I will buy my ST for next season, whenever it starts, and I'll also continue to travel to all games away from home, even if we are down one division.

Does that mean I'd be happy if we were relegated without the season being completed properly, of course not. It is more a reflection of how I choose to spend my weekends, which is watching football, specifically HMFC, with friends.

Edited by portobellojambo1

kingantti1874
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

I will buy my ST for next season, whenever it starts, and I'll also continue to travel to all games away from home, even if we are down one division.

Does that mean I'd be happy if we were relgated without the season being completed properly, of course not. It is more a reflection of how I choose to spend my weekends, which is watching football, specifically HMFC, with friends.

hopefully you are at away games on your own. 

portobellojambo1
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

hopefully you are at away games on your own. 

Why

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

The poll speaks for itself but apologies if I've not included an option that suits you.

It is primarily directed at ST holders.

It is multiple choice for those also FOH donators.

For me this vote is a complete joke. Hearts aside a team in Partick Thistle's position should never be relegated and face the financial result of that because the team above them were lucky and made the cut having played an extra game over them. It is fundamentally wrong to do this.

If the Premiership table were this close at the top 2 then there is absolutely 0 chance that whoever was top would be handed the title.

The vote offers nothing in sporting integrity and everything in self preservation. Teams are going to vote in whatever way benefits them the most. In a years time in a different league position a team like St Mirren or Hamilton may well vote against the proposals. Alternatively, had Partick got to play their game in hand and won I'd expect them to vote different as they will now. That is not a fair system. That is everyman for themselves.

It just so happens that most teams won't get promoted or be relegated so those "safe" teams will vote in support of a quick resolution and teams like Partick and ourselves just need to bend over and accept it.  

Indeed, they’ve had weeks to decide and come up with this to put the blame anywhere but at their door.

tartofmidlothian
48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This. Definitely clubs which vote against us, anyway. I voted to wait and see what Hearts say, though.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'm not sure.

My initial thoughts are I'd be done with Scottish football. I'd also be quite happy to withdraw from the Scottish Cup, even if it means Hibs going to the final.

It just seems what's the ****ing point...it's quite clear they just want Celtic winning everything, every season. 

But no doubt I'll change my mind. :)

I think I saw part of a statement indicating that the SFA will agree to Aberdeen being given the place in Europe for finishing fourth, I don’t think they’re going to play the semis and final.

Always love going to the games,  especially the ones at home with my dad. We’ve had the same season ticket seats for about 25 years.  He goes to the odd away game and I go to as many away games as I can.  I reckon if we get unfairly relegated I will be happy going to home games only and scrap any away games. Not sure how I feel about missing semis and finals but I’d happily never attend ibrox or parkhead again along with most of the others. Away Derby’s would be a tough miss but if need be I will bin them as well.  

Perhaps we we can do bigger scale versions of the Gorgie live things. Big projector out on the pitch for the big games and the Smaller radio ones in the gorgie suite. Keep our money at hearts and get it up the rest of the teams! 

Will wait and see what happens though. 

Hope you are all well and safe. 👍

Edited by thegreatsd

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Why

giving money to clubs who voted us down? After 30 games is Not acceptable.

As per the other thread ask yourself this, if aberdeen were 2 points clear at the top would this be on the table? If rangers or Celtic were bottom of the league would this be on the table?the answer is no

We CANNOT stand by and allow HMFC to be shafted so Celtic get 9IAR or Hamilton get another 100k prize money. 

No I hope and trust enough hearts will get organised to hit back where it hurts in whatever small way we can. People who go anywhere other than tynecastle and currently ibrox or firhill will be football scabs in my eyes

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think I saw part of a statement indicating that the SFA will agree to Aberdeen being given the place in Europe for finishing fourth, I don’t think they’re going to play the semis and final.

Playing the Scottish Cup semis / final and determining the last Europa League place are 2 separate things. 

Everyone still wants Scottish Cup to be played. 

1 minute ago, thegreatsd said:

Always love going to the games,  especially the ones at home with my dad. We’ve had the same season ticket seats for about 25 years.  He goes to the odd away game and I go to as many away games as I can.  I reckon if we get unfairly relegated I will be happy going to home games only and scrap any away games. Not sure how I feel about missing semis and finals but I’d happily never attend ibrox or parkhead again along with most of the others. Away Derby’s would be a tough miss but if need be I will bin them as well.  

Perhaps we we can do bigger scale versions of the Gorgie live things. Big projector out on the pitch for the big games and the Smaller radio ones in the gorgie suite. Keep our money at hearts and get it up the rest of the teams! 

Will wait and see what happens though. 

Hope you are all well and safe. 👍

Maybe Hearts will give loyalty points for NOT going to away games. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Playing the Scottish Cup semis / final and determining the last Europa League place are 2 separate things. 

Everyone wants the league to be played. Did they say it was going to be played? If we win the cup and don’t get into Europe that’s another revenue stream we will be denied, especially if it’s against Aberdeen however unlikely that is.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Relegation wouldn't change my feelings towards the club ffs :rofl:I know we will be back at some point. 

I blame Ann Budge and Craig Levein for  overseeing this spiral towards the Championship. An epic failure of leadership. 

I don't blame other clubs if they vote in their own interests, that is their perogative. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And if Hearts or Hibs win the cup will they get compensation for not playing in Europe?  That’s something else that needs to be looked at.

If Hearts are going to go down the legal road their best bet is to direct the action at UEFA. Muddying the waters on the validity of the league being decided by vote would hopefully cast doubt on accepting Scottish teams into their competitions next season. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Relegation wouldn't change my feelings towards the club ffs :rofl:I know we will be back at some point. 

I blame Ann Budge and Craig Levein for  overseeing this spiral towards the Championship. An epic failure of leadership. 

I don't blame other clubs if they vote in their own interests, that is their perogative. 

I wouldn't blame the clubs either.  It I'd blame the system that created a.d supported a system that encouraged swlf preservation over the greater good of the game.

I would buy my season ticket but would not travel to away grounds. I would make a donation to FOH for away games I would normally attend. I hope teams would be depending on us having a large turnout only for us to refuse any away tickets. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And if Hearts or Hibs win the cup will they get compensation for not playing in Europe?  That’s something else that needs to be looked at.

Exactly. It’s only two games that could be played in 3 days so it should be done, but if they call the season finished it’s not clear how it affects the cup. Nothing on the SFA website today.

I'm not all that bothered about us playing in the Championship as we'll come back.    It's now all about the club fighting our corner,   us backing the club and together hopefully making life as difficult as possible for the people making these decisions.    

Being realistic but wanting to see a vicious fight against our corrupt game.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I wouldn't blame the clubs either.  It I'd blame the system that created a.d supported a system that encouraged swlf preservation over the greater good of the game.

That has always been the case. The SPFL will never take responsibility and have handed that to the clubs who will now have to vote in their own interests. 

The only people I blame for this is the folk that have sat in the Hearts boardroom for the last 5 years and have let us slide this far. We shouldn't even be in this situation. 

portobellojambo1
22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

give money to clubs who voted us down? After 30  Not acceptable.

As per the other thread ask yourself this, if aberdeen were 2 points clear at the top would this be on the table? If rangers or Celtic were bottom of the league would this be on the table?

the answer is no, we CANNOT stand by and allow HMFC to be shafted so Celtic get 9IAR or Hamilton get another 100k prize money. 

No I hope and trust enough hearts will get organised to hit back where it hurts in whatever small way we can. People who go anywhere other than tynecastle and currently ibrox or for hill will be the football scabs 

You sound surprised that other clubs may vote for what they believe to be the best option from their point of view, just as you wish to see things proceed in what you believe would be the best option from our point of view. That is the way things work. If we weren't sitting bottom of the league we wouldn't be having this discussion, because if we are brutally honest if we were sitting half way of the league we wouldn't give a flying feck how HMFC or any other team voted.

I look forward to meeting those who wish to refer to us as scabs in the passing.

Edited by portobellojambo1

If they vote to demote us .......

Def keep FOH subs 

Prob won't get a season ticket ,1st time for years . Would be that pissed off with Scottish Football. . 

If  I ever came back to Scottish Football, never attend an away game again , inc Easter Road . Ciup ties only as we get half the gate . 

Caveat is if we fought the decision tooth and nail and tried to delay the start of the new season there a chance I might get a season ticket .