Would you go back?

hughesie27

Relegation  

570 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if we are relegated by a vote?

• Continue as normal/Buy a ST next year.
    • Make a decision based on Hearts response/challenge
    • Will not buy a ST next year.
    • Will walk away from Scottish football indefinitely
    • Will cancel FOH sub
    • Will maintain FOH sub
    • Never attend another away game

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hughesie27

• Nookie Bear

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

Famous 1874
4 hours ago, OTT said:

Hearts, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen fund the other clubs seasons. 

Should make any vote to send us clear that we would seriously consider our ticket uptake in future fixtures. 

If rangers backed us on that it would certainly throw a cat in with the pigeons. 

Would certainly be an interesting development if us and Rangers both decided not to take away allocations for the next season. Two of the three largest supporting clubs not having an away support would get it right up the other sides. 

9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

The important question though is for the 2,500 or so who regularly attend away games. How many of them will continue to give other clubs money if we are relegated. I’m one of them and I wouldn’t give a penny to any club that voted for the motion and would probably increase my FoH monthly amount accordingly. 

I’m with you on this one. I’m also one of the regulars who attend all away games. Two away games missed this season, one last season, two from the season before etc. 

I swear on my mothers a grave that I will not attend another away fixture to any club that votes for the motion which relegates us. I will donate the cost of away match ticket to FOH. Any sane and true Jambo should also adopt the same stance. Would be great to have not one single supporter at clubs like St Liedown and the like. 

As a side note, I despise the governing body of Scottish football. Wether it’s the SFA weegie mafia or the ugly sisters arse lickers in the  SPFL. I wish the national team and the SFA, nothing but abject misery and embarrassment on the world stage. I hope we never qualify for another tournament whiles these west coast mafia and their lackeys are in control. The Scottish team is dead to me whilst it continues in its current form! 

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Whatever said:

A question for the self proclaimed best hearts fan on Jkb/the planet - I’d be interested to know what you done pre 1986 when you didn’t even follow, let alone support HMFC?

No need for that, mate. It’s anyone’s choice whether they attend or not. 

Maybe see what happens before we start infighting about it? 👍🏻

PhoenixHearts

I don't think there's been any evidence to suggest the club would just "bend over and take it".

If we were to be relegated in such a manner, I can't see Hearts and Budge doing anything besides fighting this to the death in the courts.

As for the poll, I would renew my ST. In the unfortunate event of relegation, the club is going to need us all to pull together. **** pride and posturing.

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m with you on this one. I’m also one of the regulars who attend all away games. Two away games missed this season, one last season, two from the season before etc. 

I swear on my mothers a grave that I will not attend another away fixture to any club that votes for the motion which relegates us. I will donate the cost of away match ticket to FOH. Any sane and true Jambo should also adopt the same stance. Would be great to have not one single supporter at clubs like St Liedown and the like. 

As a side note, I despise the governing body of Scottish football. Wether it’s the SFA weegie mafia or the ugly sisters arse lickers in the  SPFL. I wish the national team and the SFA, nothing but abject misery and embarrassment on the world stage. I hope we never qualify for another tournament whiles these west coast mafia and their lackeys are in control. The Scottish team is dead to me whilst it continues in its current form! 

👏

I would go to watch Hearts regardless of what league they were playing in.  I imagine the vast majority on here would do exactly the same regardless of what they say. I would happily support a collective refusal to attend away games going forward but that's easy for me as for last few years I have not attended any more than 3/4 a season. 

If we end up relegated I think the siege mentality needs to be in place for a couple of seasons. It requires all Hearts supporters to make sure Tynecastle is full at most matches. I’d give all clubs that voted against us the minimum number of tickets for games at Tynie and I’d suggest hearts refuse to sell tickets for away games at those clubs as well. Hit them when it hurts, in the pocket. Most of the bigger games are on tv anyway or available by live stream. As I said though, this only makes sense if Hearts fans step up and fill Tynecastle. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If we end up relegated I think the siege mentality needs to be in place for a couple of seasons. It requires all Hearts supporters to make sure Tynecastle is full at most matches. I’d give all clubs that voted against us the minimum number of tickets for games at Tynie and I’d suggest hearts refuse to sell tickets for away games at those clubs as well. Hit them when it hurts, in the pocket. Most of the bigger games are on tv anyway or available by live stream. As I said though, this only makes sense if Hearts fans step up and fill Tynecastle. 

Agreed.

The club could also play reserve matches at Tynecastle on away days, would rather pop an extra £5 in Hearts coffers every second week than those who vote to demote us.

8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Would certainly be an interesting development if us and Rangers both decided not to take away allocations for the next season. Two of the three largest supporting clubs not having an away support would get it right up the other sides. 

Whilst the club can't stop other clubs offering away tickets, it can reject the allocation (so they have to sell direct which is a faff) and not offer loyalty points which will further deincentivise fans from going. 

Its not a great thing to do, but tbh I'm not against the club threatening to do that. Backed by rangers this would be significant for the clubs most likely to vote these proposals through. 

I do think its ridiculous that the away end subsidises so many SPFL clubs. It doesn't sit well to me that in effect another club is financing these clubs (albeit indirectly). Should be looking at some sort of amendment which limits this as its one of many factors of self interest preventing meaningful change. 

Batistuta87

Of course its a different, but did we think twice about voting to relegate Rangers in 2012? No. Do you see their fans taking the huff, refusing to buy season tickets and refusing to go and support their team against clubs who chose to relegate them? No. They accepted their fate, they got on with it, and they worked their way back up. Their fans continued to support their team no matter what, and that's exactly what we should do. 

Now I hate to praise Rangers in any way, but they handled that situation amicably and did the right thing by continuing to turn up to games and to pump much needed money into the club. Refusing to turn up to games because we're unhappy with the authorities is biting off our noses to spite our faces. We should get behind the team, get straight back up next season and prove that we deserve to be there. 

That's exactly what we need to do. Accept our fate - whatever that may be - and put the work in to get back where we belong.

I don't want to be playing in the Championship next season but are we really going to sit here and argue that we don't deserve to be there? We've been utterly honking this season and deserve to be where we are. 

16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Of course its a different, but did we think twice about voting to relegate Rangers in 2012? No. Do you see their fans taking the huff, refusing to buy season tickets and refusing to go and support their team against clubs who chose to relegate them? No. They accepted their fate, they got on with it, and they worked their way back up. Their fans continued to support their team no matter what, and that's exactly what we should do. 

Now I hate to praise Rangers in any way, but they handled that situation amicably and did the right thing by continuing to turn up to games and to pump much needed money into the club. Refusing to turn up to games because we're unhappy with the authorities is biting off our noses to spite our faces. We should get behind the team, get straight back up next season and prove that we deserve to be there. 

That's exactly what we need to do. Accept our fate - whatever that may be - and put the work in to get back where we belong.

I don't want to be playing in the Championship next season but are we really going to sit here and argue that we don't deserve to be there? We've been utterly honking this season and deserve to be where we are. 

When did this vote to relegate Rangers happen? 

I remember there was a vote based on allowing a brand new team automatic promotion to the top league which was rightly rejected. I remember their fans being angry about it but ultimately not doing anything in a legal sense because they had no leg to stand on.

Edited by hughesie27

If the SPFL vote to relegate us (even if a league restructure that follows keeps us in the premier league) then each and every club that voted to relegate us will never see a penny from me ever again, even if that means missing Scottish Cup games including semi finals and finals. 

17 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sevco fans have, since their resurrection given a wide berth to away games facing teams that were most vocal about their demise, one that I know hates Dundee Utd almost as much as he does Celtic 

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Agreed.

The club could also play reserve matches at Tynecastle on away days, would rather pop an extra £5 in Hearts coffers every second week than those who vote to demote us.

Reserve matches are free at the Oriam now - you can literally watch them play from the sidelines - and still nobody goes. Doubt the club will risk the additional wear to the pitch, nor will they accept the additional cost of hosting the games at Tynecastle for the small return. I think we would also be the only team to charge for Reserve matches too, if we did.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I remember there was a vote based on allowing a brand new team automatic promotion to the top league which was rightly rejected. I remember their fans being angry about it but ultimately not doing anything in a legal sense because they had no leg to stand on.

Correct.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Sevco fans have, since their resurrection given a wide berth to away games facing teams that were most vocal about their demise, one that I know hates Dundee Utd almost as much as he does Celtic 

They still fill the stands every game. A small minority might take that stance but the majority will still, rightly, turn up to any game.

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That's how they see it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

That's how they see it. 

They are wrong though.

32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Some of these posts are embarrassing. 

Support your team, no matter what. 

Giving away costs to FoH would be doing that. 

Players might appreciate that too and fight harder to compensate for less away fans. 

Batistuta87
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Giving away costs to FoH would be doing that. 

Players might appreciate that too and fight harder to compensate for less away fans. 

Players don't care about FoH. Sorry, but they don't. For the majority, Hearts are their employer and nothing more.

23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Players don't care about FoH. Sorry, but they don't. For the majority, Hearts are their employer and nothing more.

FoH funds are income. Helping to sign better players.

When fan ownership happens it will be a factor.

Your comment on players not caring does have some evidence just now. But overall it will be important.

I think fans will go to away games. But it's a decent proposition to increase club income instead.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Agreed.

Good idea, even youth matches would be a decent alternative at a different ko time to first team game. 

Dirty Deeds

The situation is unique.  Without reconstruction someone has to get screwed over and it has to be either the leaders or the bottom club.

I'd much prefer it were Celtic but it was never going to be. 

I'll suck it up and enjoy Hearts winning games whenever the new season starts as quite frankly right now there are much bigger things to contend with. 

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

FoH funds are income. Helping to sign better players.

When fan ownership happens it will be a factor.

Your comment on players not caring does have some evidence just now. But overall it will be important.

I think fans will go to away games. But it's a decent proposition to increase club income instead.

👍

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

The situation is unique.  Without reconstruction someone has to get screwed over and it has to be either the leaders or the bottom club.

I'll suck it up and enjoy Hearts winning games whenever the new season starts as quite frankly right now there are much bigger things to contend with. 

This.

Reconstruction is the answer. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Agreed.

Or the ladies team? 🤷‍♂️

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This.

Reconstruction is the answer. 

It’s not going to happen. 

We can roll out massive changes to society in the space of a week, with the Tory party chucking around cash like Communists, but we simply cannot entertain the thought of changing the league structure. 

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Don’t go, and donate the money to the NHS then. 

Dirty Deeds
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don’t go, and donate the money to the NHS then. 

I've been doing that for years, its called taxation and it'll increase when this done.

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

nope. Fight it tooth and nail to the bitter end. Yes we deserve to be where we are right now but the reality is we haven’t played the season to a finish and we haven’t played equal fixtures.. 

I’ll never spend another penny in the ground of a club voting to demote hearts..

been here before
49 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

🙆‍♂️

Yeeees... there it is.

Every thread needs at least one virtue signaller to swing in by.

How many times do you people need told you should eat, drink and sleep Covid 19 and not think about or discuss anything else at all?

Edited by been here before

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

They still fill the stands every game. A small minority might take that stance but the majority will still, rightly, turn up to any game.

It’s not really the majority, they literally have hundreds of thousands of fans across the world. Even if ten thousand of their core support boycott away games there’s another ten thousand willing to go. 

Dirty Deeds
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

🙆‍♂️

Yeeees... there it is.

Every thread needs at least one virtue signaller to swing in by.

How many times do you people need told you should eat, drink and sleep Covid 19 and not think about or discuss anything else at all?

Good contribution. 

Remind me, why are we cancelling the season and please tell me the correct way forward for the SPFL?

been here before
8 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Good contribution. 

Remind me, why are we cancelling the season and please tell me the correct way forward for the SPFL?

If you really care Ive cast my vote- its there for you to see.

If you can see past your self righteousness that is.

Edited by been here before

I’m at the point of binning attending games as it is. The last 2 years have been awful and I don’t recognise what I’ve been watching as anything close to resembling Hearts. Stendel, not his fault at all, but we hadn’t got one iota better under him. I’m not even convinced we’d get out of the championship at the first time of asking.

Being relegated by vote is the final nail in the coffin for me. No ST. No walk up games. Probably no FOH donation although that’s a tough one to give up.

Thing with this is you can only choose one option.  Mine will be a combination of one or two.  I'll buy my ST but will make other decisions based on the club's stance.

This has shown the SPFL to be absolutely craven and not fit for purpose.  They are basically saying they are too cowardly to show leadership and are delegating their responsibility to its members.  So instead of a decision that should be made in Scottish football's interest as a whole, it will be made by individual members who will, understandably, vote in their own interest.  Scottish football under thee existing structure is a joke and sometimes you do have to wonder what the actual point is.

Quite happy to watch a winning team regardless of what league we are in 

Been bored shitless for about 3 years sadly

And I’ll be renewing 5 STs

Edited by PTBCAL

Craig Herbertson

I agree with everything in the op's post. And as has already been said by others I have very little faith in the set up and this sham would tip me over to over to none at all. I'm still not sure what my response would if they go ahead with their farcical suggestion but I wouldn't be a happy  bunny.

There is no way I wouldn’t follow Hearts if they were relegated. I hate missing a Hearts game at Tynie due to illness or holidays.

I will always be a FOH pledger and a Season Ticket holder. My routine Is Merchie Hearts Club, Match, Merchie now what could be better than that.

TorinoJambo
5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I wish people would look at the facts behind Rangers demise. It was at the behest of the INLAND REVENUE. That is as final as it can get. Taking away the emotive side, the newly created company/club had no automatic right to become a league club right away. The vote to let them in at third division level was, in itself, unusual, leaving their faux outrage at being "shafted" by the other clubs looking a bit silly.

queensferryjambo

I will continue to support Hearts, buy a season ticket and contribute to FOH.

Depending on who does what in the voting will determine whether I ever go back to the away grounds and contribute financially to them.

Boycotting any team would never be my normal choice but it is the only way to hurt them for IMO what would be a very unfair and poor decision. 

It will never happen and would be the hardest for Hearts fans to do but when Hibs decide to vote to relegate us (which they will) we absolutely should boycott them when we come back up. It will hit them hard financially. It would also kill the fixture atmosphere wise - we all know it is the highlight of their season playing us as it is the only game their fans ever turn up for.

HHGH

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Ann Budge has changed her tune, she just said she isn't going to fight it if we are relegated. 

She said she might not. If she doesn't though, I'm out.

500ClubCraig

Had we actually managed to Win the last game played on Wednesday 11th March 2020 I’m sure we’d all be happily supporting the Club to vote for this proposal.

Would we have been relegated if the season had been played to a finish? Looks like we’ll never know, what I witnessed would suggest its highly likely.

If this vote goes against us and there is no league reconstruction then there needs to be a mass clear out from top to bottom and I include the Manager.

The club then need to seriously get the Season Ticket pricing right or sales could be well down. Right know I have no inclination to renew.

Nookie Bear
22 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

I've been doing that for years, its called taxation and it'll increase when this done.

As do footballers who are paid in full, but that’s a different matter. 

Nookie Bear
17 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I will continue to support Hearts, buy a season ticket and contribute to FOH.

Depending on who does what in the voting will determine whether I ever go back to the away grounds and contribute financially to them.

Boycotting any team would never be my normal choice but it is the only way to hurt them for IMO what would be a very unfair and poor decision. 

It will never happen and would be the hardest for Hearts fans to do but when Hibs decide to vote to relegate us (which they will) we absolutely should boycott them when we come back up. It will hit them hard financially. It would also kill the fixture atmosphere wise - we all know it is the highlight of their season playing us as it is the only game their fans ever turn up for.

HHGH

And if hibs do vote that way then Budge has to think long and hard about her relationship with Dempster. 

I would expect every tie to be cut and no more joint initiatives. 

8 hours ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Had we actually managed to Win the last game played on Wednesday 11th March 2020 I’m sure we’d all be happily supporting the Club to vote for this proposal.

Which is exactly what makes a mockery of the whole thing. Fairness and sporting integrity gets abandoned for self preservarion. Fortunately it seems enough teams who can see the bigger picture seem to be on our side.