""English football could lose clubs and leagues......""

Section Q

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52191973

According to the FA chairman. This is the reality.

I have no doubt we'll survive as a club though with our structure, no debt, and fans support.

Budge has moved swiftly to let the players know where they stand which is more than other clubs in Scotland and England have done.

Imagine the the SPFL deciding to relegate us, and the likes of Livingston Hamilton St Mirren and Ross County go tits up. As a club I think we're in a decent state compared to any outside Celtic.

Anyone.....?

glynnlondon

Too many clubs living hand to mouth while the rich got richer.

It is what it is 

Imagine if this had happened when we were going under.

2 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Too many clubs living hand to mouth while the rich got richer.

It is what it is 

Imagine if this had happened when we were going under.

Yep...!

I think we're in a better place than most other clubs. No debt, fan support, chairman/chairwoman with a head for business.

Oh well. Never mind. Bubble might have finally burst, then. Might not lose as many players to shitty wee lower league English clubs in future. 🤷‍♂️

Ibrahim Tall
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Yep...!

I think we're in a better place than most other clubs. No debt, fan support, chairman/chairwoman with a head for business.

Given the various fiascos with the new stand construction, the huge turnover of staff and players on a yearly basis and the huge number of unwanted players/staff we continue to carry and pay a wage to it’s still pretty debacle Ann’s business acumen extends to football tbh. Not sure it’s a point I’d use to slight other clubs.

39 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Given the various fiascos with the new stand construction, the huge turnover of staff and players on a yearly basis and the huge number of unwanted players/staff we continue to carry and pay a wage to it’s still pretty debacle Ann’s business acumen extends to football tbh. Not sure it’s a point I’d use to slight other clubs.

At least we are not going to be burdened by about six months (or whatever ) back pay to make up.

Some crazy decisions by clubs deferring pay. They will probably see sense eventually.

Guest ToqueJambo
47 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

It's Budge's job to back the managers with funds (which she has done almost to a fault in a couple of cases), not quality control the players they sign or have any influence over how they play.

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's Budge's job to back the managers with funds (which she has done almost to a fault in a couple of cases), not quality control the players they sign or have any influence over how they play.

Yes.

The alternative being what we experienced under Romanov. An owner landing players he/she likes on the manager, with no input from the manager.

Ann Budge trusted her last manager to recruit good players at responsible salaries. If she had been known to block players incoming because she didn’t fancy the calibre or cost, the red tops would have been quick and consistent in criticism of her, as would have a lot of Hearts fans.

She did, I think it’s fair to say, wait too long to change a manager who clearly had lost his ability to recruit good players and produce a winning team.

I would imagine that her relationship with Daniel Stendel may be more cautious and driven on the results of his recruitment record.

Ibrahim Tall
56 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Yes.

The alternative being what we experienced under Romanov. An owner landing players he/she likes on the manager, with no input from the manager.

Ann Budge trusted her last manager to recruit good players at responsible salaries. If she had been known to block players incoming because she didn’t fancy the calibre or cost, the red tops would have been quick and consistent in criticism of her, as would have a lot of Hearts fans.

She did, I think it’s fair to say, wait too long to change a manager who clearly had lost his ability to recruit good players and produce a winning team.

I would imagine that her relationship with Daniel Stendel may be more cautious and driven on the results of his recruitment record.

Its nothing to do with Ann judging the calibre of players. 
She’s in charge of the club yet until now seems to have entirely delegated the task of identification, recruitment and retainment of players(and managers/coaches) to some who’s barely registered a success in the role since Neilson left.
Be that via headhunting a failed managerial ‘dream team’ or recruiting various terrible and expensive signings for them that seriously setback the club. Or then allowing the same person the opportunity to double up jobs and continue to spend a fortune on failed signings(many of whom it was stated we didn’t budget for) for two years before reluctantly finally getting rid.

In any other business you wouldn’t allow someone to **** up so repeatedly and with such great expense and still give continue to give them opportunities to do so again, I wouldn’t imagine Ann ever did in her non-football business either.  It’s nice ‘backing’ the manager but if the budget is spent then it’s spent,  you don’t just rewrite the budget to make someone happy.

Add in the non-ordered seats fiasco, the yet incomplete and massively over-budget stand, various staff on garden league or moved to other pointless projects or the cringe of the  necessity for a ‘cash cow’ only a few year after exiting admin..

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Her blindspot where Levein is concerned is ridiculous though 

It's the biggest fear of the Hibby. 

They desperately want Hearts to be declared relegated (it would make Hibs' season a memorable triumph) before some other club goes into admin and takes a hit, point wise.

I reckon it would break the poor buggers if that happened: civil unrest in Lochend, brother and sister reuniting, Bo Derek/Dudley Moore style, across Leith Links, contrary to distancing directives, and a rooftop protest at the prison.

If this was Germany, the richest clubs would offer loans to save ones in difficultly. 

Not in England though. Feel sorry for clubs like Bury etc.. but for the big greedy clubs.... **** them.. You reap what you sow. 

I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that we are fan owned in the midst of this crisis.🤔 

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If this was Germany, the richest clubs would offer loans to save ones in difficultly. 

Not in England though. Feel sorry for clubs like Bury etc.. but for the big greedy clubs.... **** them.. You reap what you sow. 

I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that we are fan owned in the midst of this crisis.🤔 

100% good thing in my opinion. Otherwise we would be getting bought over and turned in to a feeder club for a small lower league English team like Barnsley, right now.

Hope the financial crisis in England causes their leagues to implode, and that the EFL clubs rebuild in to something more realistic, in line with their fan base and non-TV money and inflated player market resources.

Nothing against the fans down there, other than the overinflated sense of importance and grandeur they have developed, since TV money has hoisted them in to a market that is above many top flights worldwide.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

100% good thing in my opinion. Otherwise we would be getting bought over and turned in to a feeder club for a small lower league English team like Barnsley, right now.

Hope the financial crisis in England causes their leagues to implode, and that the EFL clubs rebuild in to something more realistic, in line with their fan base and non-TV money and inflated player market resources.

Nothing against the fans down there, other than the overinflated sense of importance and grandeur they have developed, since TV money has hoisted them in to a market that is above many top flights worldwide.

Good post. 

9 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Point taken and lessons learned, but I think we'll still be around when others arent.

10 hours ago, Section Q said:

I have no doubt we'll survive as a club though with our structure, no debt, and fans support.

Budge has moved swiftly to let the players know where they stand which is more than other clubs in Scotland and England have done.

Imagine the the SPFL deciding to relegate us, and the likes of Livingston Hamilton St Mirren and Ross County go tits up. As a club I think we're in a decent state compared to any outside Celtic.

Anyone.....?

Don’t know about the rest but I think Roy MacGregor will keep County safe.

This could be the bubble bursting for the ridiculously over-inflated top English tiers though.

Hagar the Horrible

In Englandshire?  Clubs at risk:

Leeds top of the league,  yet £25m loss in their accounts

Reading £50m

Birmingham £45m and at war the EFL over breaching fair play

Thats no real cause for concern for the three I mentioned its just their reported losses in the public domain?  but you have to wonder what they are all like?

Sooner or later it will bite them all on the arse,  Yet the governement have allowed clubs to Furlough when they as companies are allowed to rack up unsighly debt to chase the golden dream.  I used to be an old romantic and hate seing any clubs suffer, but as its stands If football wont change by itself then having events do it for them will see them enter the real world and not the pampered bubble they live in

Hectormasson
On 08/04/2020 at 08:22, FWJ said:

Don’t know about the rest but I think Roy MacGregor will keep County safe.

This could be the bubble bursting for the ridiculously over-inflated top English tiers though.

Only team that could hit a 20k home crowd out with the arse cheeks:      that's hearts   a wee bit success  would see us packed out " it's there for any one looking for to take over a club and put in some  dosh ? Any wealthy bored arabs out there wanting to splash some cash ?🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

If clubs do fold it’ll most likely be at championship level, hope it happens to be honest, serves them right. 

The Coventrys and Sunderlands of the league will be in utter panic mode too just now

On 07/04/2020 at 23:08, luckydug said:

At least we are not going to be burdened by about six months (or whatever ) back pay to make up.

Some crazy decisions by clubs deferring pay. They will probably see sense eventually.

And have egg all over their faces. 
ridiculous to say they were deferring. Be lucky if football will be played in front of spectators this year. Let’s see how they defer with that scenario

On 08/04/2020 at 07:52, Special Officer Doofy said:

spot on

Nookie Bear
On 07/04/2020 at 22:13, Section Q said:

Anyone.....?

Did I read recently that the rules of clubs going into administration were going to be relaxed? Basically no points deductions?

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

The Coventrys and Sunderlands of the league will be in utter panic mode too just now

Sunderland managed to find £4m to sign Will Grigg last season so they have money. Don’t they?

Or is it just more spending money they don’t have. 

Oh well, enjoy administration 😂

No longer active
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Let’s apply to join 

Why not? TBF I am absolutely fed up with playing some SPL teams 4 times a season. I think especially if we are relegated we should withdraw from the SPFL and do something different. Why not play down south and broaden our appeal and improve. Okay we might find ourselves in English Div 2 but if we can work our way up to the Championship after 2 or 3 seasons then we can develop much more than we would in the Glasgow centric SPL. It would be well worthwhile putting ourselves against some English and Welsh sides. Would they want us ? Why not if a couple of teams do a Bury  in the hard times to come? We would be a richer club in Championship or E1 than we would in SPL and better for it!!

8 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Why not? TBF I am absolutely fed up with playing some SPL teams 4 times a season. I think especially if we are relegated we should withdraw from the SPFL and do something different. Why not play down south and broaden our appeal and improve. Okay we might find ourselves in English Div 2 but if we can work our way up to the Championship after 2 or 3 seasons then we can develop much more than we would in the Glasgow centric SPL. It would be well worthwhile putting ourselves against some English and Welsh sides. Would they want us ? Why not if a couple of teams do a Bury  in the hard times to come? We would be a richer club in Championship or E1 than we would in SPL and better for it!!

British league for top two tiers would be good, keep the Scottish Cup and Scottish leagues would then have a competitive edge without the OF, Aberdeen and ourselves and maybe a couple of other having a real chance of time in those tiers. In a British league I reckon we would attract a lot of investment albeit within our fan owned structure.

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did I read recently that the rules of clubs going into administration were going to be relaxed? Basically no points deductions?

Haven't heard that mate..👍

pettigrewsstylist

What happened to all the chat about gates being irrelevant and 90% of income being TV money?.

I’ve said for a long time I’d like to see 6 British leagues with 20 teams no pointless league cup, and minimal mid week games, with the league running from March to early October making it a summer sport, and having the international shite in the winter would be much better. 

7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't know where you read it but I have little doubt that many rules will be relaxed generally and football will be no exception.

bean counter
3 hours ago, George Cowie said:

Nice idea but I don't think the FA would allow it and I thought uefa has barred teams from one country playing in another countries league

No longer active
1 hour ago, bean counter said:

Nice idea but I don't think the FA would allow it and I thought uefa has barred teams from one country playing in another countries league

Really ? Cardiff , Swansea and Wrexham (until recently)

bean counter

All historical legacy examples. I thought the recent suggestions of a Holland\Belguim tie up were knocked on the head I may wrong

Nookie Bear
16 hours ago, George Cowie said:

No professional Welsh League was the reason, I believe. 

And Berwick are a historical anomaly, similar to Monaco playing in the French League. 

17 hours ago, George Cowie said:

You missed Newport County.

jack D and coke
On 07/04/2020 at 22:13, Section Q said:

Anyone.....?

Not sure. I’d like Tam McManus to do a follow up on his article about telling us to **** off tbh before commenting. 
Oh and Kris “the brain cripple” Boyd too. 
How depressing is it we actually have to listen to and read those utter clowns opinions on anything. 
What an embarrassment. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be quite humorous if football doesn't resume and 85% of Scottish clubs suffer the same fate

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Be quite humorous if football doesn't resume and 85% of Scottish clubs suffer the same fate

Prior to yesterday I would have disagreed but not now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I’ve said for a long time I’d like to see 6 British leagues with 20 teams no pointless league cup, and minimal mid week games, with the league running from March to early October making it a summer sport, and having the international shite in the winter would be much better. 

I agree with a lot of that. International football should be played in a cluster as a mini tournament instead of the constant breaks in League games. 

Has to be a time saving 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Prior to yesterday I would have disagreed but not now.

I feel very selfish now