Good Books 📚

Howdy Doody Jambo

5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I used to read them too.

I then read this, where he debunks the whole story. A really good read and enjoyable. About 12 years ago, I read it.

Not read McNab since.:lol:

IMG_20201126_210814.jpg

Chris Ryan was a bit of a fireman bough(Walter Mitty) anaw, I've heard. But I don't know if they all just hate one or are just jealous of one another. 

image.png.1d2389de3ae78bc25d85186c5422dfd1.png

Been working my way through Doug Johnstone's stuff recently (mostly crime novels set in East Edinburgh) and enjoyed this so much I read it in one sitting. Would highly recommend his other books too.

51vKEDe81PL.jpg

I've not long started this and am enjoying it.  I've now got a thing for historical novels, since reading a Colin Iggulden series recommended on the other book thread.

On 27/11/2020 at 13:06, Lemongrab said:

51vKEDe81PL.jpg

I've not long started this and am enjoying it.  I've now got a thing for historical novels, since reading a Colin Iggulden series recommended on the other book thread.

His Last Kingdom series is very good. Well worth a read and is a decent TV programme too. Each series covers 2 books.

On 21/11/2020 at 21:21, Malinga the Swinga said:

I've read it, only because I got passed a copy for free. 

Honestly, if that one prize, the rest must have been dreadful. 

Shuggie Bain is a turgid hard read, with almost every cliche you can imagine. 

Try to read book every 2 weeks and this is second worst, only Homo Deus beat it. 

Give me John Connolly and his Charlie Parker series any day. The only books I'll pay full price for. 

Dont knock the Harari. Quality popular science. 

5 hours ago, dougal said:

His Last Kingdom series is very good. Well worth a read and is a decent TV programme too. Each series covers 2 books.

I'll get round to that. When I find an author I like I usually try and read everything they've written. 👍