New deals

neilnunb

57 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Would that not be squad dismantling rather than building!

A lot of our supporters want dismantling - to get rid of some of the under performers.

Brandon has already shown he is capable of good performances but like many young lads lacks consistency.

Pace is essential to Stendel's style.  Brandon has pace/energy and that may be why he wants to keep him.  His temperament can be a bit suspect but again experience may minimise this problem.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Pasquale for King

• East Lothian Jambo

• JamboAl

David McCaig
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

A lot of our supporters want dismantling - to get rid of some of the under performers.

Brandon has already shown he is capable of good performances but like many young lads lacks consistency.

Pace is essential to Stendel's style.  Brandon has pace/energy and that may be why he wants to keep him.  His temperament can be a bit suspect but again experience may minimise this problem.

I want the squad to be dismantled... but then rebuilt and improved!!

30 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I want the squad to be dismantled... but then rebuilt and improved!!

Any idea where we're getting the money to do that?

East Lothian Jambo
4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Brandon is out of contract at the end of the season and there is speculation about Smith's future and the possibility of him moving to Stoke.

So we have one player leaving perhaps and one maybe staying who has hardly played so we would be one player down hardly dismantling.

We will just have to wait and see who else comes and goes before making that decision although we do have a fairly large squad with some bang average players.

Is Michael Smith going to improve Stoke City?

Just now, East Lothian Jambo said:

Is Michael Smith going to improve Stoke City?

Have no idea. It has been quoted in the media that Michael O'Neill is looking at several Scottish players with a view to taking them to Stoke.

Smith is allegedly one of them and he will be known because of his playing or being part of the Northern Ireland Squad.

It's O'Neills call as to whether he thinks he canimprove Stoke not mine.

It could of course be a complete and utter load of bollocks as is often the case with the media.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Have no idea. It has been quoted in the media that Michael O'Neill is looking at several Scottish players with a view to taking them to Stoke.

Smith is allegedly one of them and he will be known because of his playing or being part of the Northern Ireland Squad.

It's O'Neills call as to whether he thinks he canimprove Stoke not mine.

It could of course be a complete and utter load of bollocks as is often the case with the media.

I thought he was looking at young Scottish players.  I would be looking to get Cochrane and McDonald on longer deals. Have a feeling they will become very important players going forward but both going into last year of contract.

12 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

I thought he was looking at young Scottish players.  I would be looking to get Cochrane and McDonald on longer deals. Have a feeling they will become very important players going forward but both going into last year of contract.

He did say that he was looking at younger players because a number of them have a fair bit of first team experience at a young age which he doesn't think happens so much down south.

It has been rumoured on here before that Smith could be heading back soth and has a house down there but that is just a rumour.

I read just the other day that they have been speaking to Cochrane. Stendel said he was close to a first team return just as the football was halted.

Not sure about McDonald.

On 08/04/2020 at 23:43, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, here’s hoping Stendel is around to implement these changes and get the best out the youngsters we have.

Concur fully my friend 👍