War of Two Halves - Saturday 11/4/20

parwj

Apologies, this was posted in the shed but just to get it out there.

Hi folks,

I hope you’re all doing well and keeping yer hands clean!

Since we are in strange and tough times (and we’re not playing in a cup semi this weekend anymore) we are streaming a LIVE reading of ‘A War of Two Halves’ this Saturday 11th April at 3pm on our YouTube channel! Link below👇🏻

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkzbuzTDIkOFyVtAW0Xt51Q

It’s free, but we’ve set up a BuyMeACoffee link if you want/are able to donate a couple of quid... you are not obligated though!👇🏻

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AWBNfP2

Spread the word, and if you have any questions, please let me know. 

Stay safe and see you there! ♥️

•  

Will be watching this. Was moved to tears when I saw this at Tynecastle. However now that I’ve seen it live, I don’t think watching it on YouTube does this production justice IMO. 

If you haven’t seen it live then I’d urge people to resist watching as nothing will ever beat seeing this live. The somber yet uplifting atmosphere, the poignance, the mood, the story and the pride is tremendous as it happened to our club. I don’t think you can replicate that on you tube. 

Watching the movie 1917 in the cinema was a great experience especially in 4D. I can’t help but feeling ours is a better story to tell than the Devonshires. Hopefully one day some producer will pick up on our story and we can view it in all it horror and glory on the big screen. It’s more than the ones that never returned deserve. 
HHGH

Will be tuned in.hope this gets the deserved amount of coverage that it warrants.any chance of bringing it out on dvd?

Doctor FinnBarr
21 hours ago, parwj said:

Apologies, this was posted in the shed but just to get it out there.

Hi folks,

I hope you’re all doing well and keeping yer hands clean!

Since we are in strange and tough times (and we’re not playing in a cup semi this weekend anymore) we are streaming a LIVE reading of ‘A War of Two Halves’ this Saturday 11th April at 3pm on our YouTube channel! Link below👇🏻

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkzbuzTDIkOFyVtAW0Xt51Q

It’s free, but we’ve set up a BuyMeACoffee link if you want/are able to donate a couple of quid... you are not obligated though!👇🏻

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AWBNfP2

Spread the word, and if you have any questions, please let me know. 

Stay safe and see you there! ♥️

•  

Will it be UK only mate or can I share that link abroad?

GlynnSnodin4-2
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Will it be UK only mate or can I share that link abroad?

Should be open to anyone via YouTube & we'll keep it up there for a week or so.

Doctor FinnBarr
32 minutes ago, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

Should be open to anyone via YouTube & we'll keep it up there for a week or so.

Smashin mate, hoping to be able to share it on a CD Tenerife FB page I use.

Dagger Is Back
15 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Will be watching this. Was moved to tears when I saw this at Tynecastle. However now that I’ve seen it live, I don’t think watching it on YouTube does this production justice IMO. 

If you haven’t seen it live then I’d urge people to resist watching as nothing will ever beat seeing this live. The somber yet uplifting atmosphere, the poignance, the mood, the story and the pride is tremendous as it happened to our club. I don’t think you can replicate that on you tube. 

Watching the movie 1917 in the cinema was a great experience especially in 4D. I can’t help but feeling ours is a better story to tell than the Devonshires. Hopefully one day some producer will pick up on our story and we can view it in all it horror and glory on the big screen. It’s more than the ones that never returned deserve. 
HHGH

Is Saturday not a reading though SJ? 

6 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Is Saturday not a reading though SJ? 

Just read that again and indeed you’re correct my friend. Should be wearing my reading binos more than I do. 

I wish our story was more known to the world over the it is and not just remembered every year by Hearts supporters. 

Dagger Is Back
4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Just read that again and indeed you’re correct my friend. Should be wearing my reading binos more than I do. 

I wish our story was more known to the world over the it is and not just remembered every year by Hearts supporters. 

I couldn’t agree more. I haven’t seen it live yet but it’s on my to do list. 

4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I couldn’t agree more. I haven’t seen it live yet but it’s on my to do list. 

It’s a tremendously evocative play fit anyone watching and even more poignant if you’re a jambo. I took the bairn with me and she remarked that’s the first time she’s ever seen me cry. Couldn’t stop wiping away the tears.

When you think of the sacrifice from our club and players, it makes me love this club more with every passing Remembrance Day. 

GlynnSnodin4-2
9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Was at Tynecastle for the final performance last year. It was wonderful and had a profound affect on me. 

When this is all over, please let it return.

Please !!

We're hoping we may be able to - but obviously will depend on the bigger picture... 

I know the festival is cancelled but hopefully when things get better in time is there anyway this could be put on at Tynecastle this year. Assuming  they could put social distancing measures  in place , maybe around Armistice Day . Would love to see it . 

GlynnSnodin4-2
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

I know the festival is cancelled but hopefully when things get better in time is there anyway this could be put on at Tynecastle this year. Assuming  they could put social distancing measures  in place , maybe around Armistice Day . Would love to see it . 

We haven't ruled out August yet but will wait and see what is safe nearer the time.

As we're locally based and have a way of selling tickets that's not via the Fringe we'll make a call nearer the time, in consultation with the club of course.  

11 hours ago, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

We haven't ruled out August yet but will wait and see what is safe nearer the time.

As we're locally based and have a way of selling tickets that's not via the Fringe we'll make a call nearer the time, in consultation with the club of course.  

Great to hear 👍🏻

TyphoonJambo

I watched "the English Game" on Netflix. Decent as it was, surely our story could do better.