Posted Images

Adam Murray
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Oh it does. :)

Ralfy did a review of it here:

Love Ralfy's reviews. 

Very knowledgeable 

Mac_fae_Gillie

Not a great whiskey fan but I drink it more now if out on the lash for the simple reason means less trips to the toilet, Prefer the more expensive stuff but most times I would of had a few ciders before hand thus not too worried on the whiskey by 5th drink..

Cant stand bourbon, like sucking on straw that's covered in bleach vile stuff..

Only American(North American) I can touch is Crown Royal Canada, use to drink it a bit in Calgary when I was posted to Medicine Hat.(BATUS). sit drinking it and a jug or beer whilst watching strippers in the French Maid, oh fun days.

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

Oh it does. :)

Ralfy did a review of it here:

I love his passion, he could be talking absolute shite but I love how into whisky he and other are.

I love everything about whisky apart from the taste, is saddens and frustrates me.

• 1 month later...
On 06/04/2020 at 23:00, muldoon74 said:

Stepson got me a bottle for Xmas a couple of years ago.. Bloody lovely. 

I like Whisky (and its derivative native spellings)  but it doesn't like me.. (Usually can't have more than 4/5 or I will be sick in the morning, no matter how great it tasted.) 

The Woodford went down a treat. Lovely. 

Whisky (etc) is such a breeding for snobbishness these days... If you like it, drink it and drink it how you like it. 

Step daughter got me  ltr of jack  Daniels honey this xmas.. Nice, but s very sweet, actually way prefer normal JD... With proper Coca Cola. Lovely. 

As a blend, Chivas Regal is incredibly nice... 3 or 4 of them with a wee bit ice.. Very pleasant. 

Favourite malt is probably Old Pulteney... Honestly the only whisky I've ever had that the tasting notes were bang on. I don't consider myself to have a great pallet, but Op showed me sometimes tasting notes are right. It's also smooth as silk and can be rank neat no problem. 

Just my two pence worth,.. Dare say others will give you sounder dvise on their experiences but that's mine for what its worth... 

My wifes pal from works husband was given a bottle of Jura Journey for Fathers day.. didnt like it so came to me..

On a double right now.. I said about Old Poultney how smooth it was yet this is neck it like feck smooth.. So nice. 

Tasting notes say slight hint of smoke but i cant taste them.. It is though incredibly smooth and delicious.. Will buy if I get the money... 

• 2 years later...

Unashamed plug.. last week I launched my own independent single cask whisky range. Tri Carragh  so if you like your whisky and want to get some from a fellow Jambo then check it out. 🤣 I've also managed to get it in a few bars around Edinburgh too including Diggers so if getting a bottle is a bit of a stretch hopefully whisky drinkers on jkb can grab a dram at diggers instead! Haha. 🤣

henrysmithsgloves

My dad when he was living used to say," son, there's no such thing as bad whisky, only good whisky and better whisky!" 

mrmarkus1981_1

Got given one of these for helping someone out. Another one to remain unopened as I think it's discontinued!

balob.10yov2.jpg

AngleParkMenace
28 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Got given one of these for helping someone out. Another one to remain unopened as I think it's discontinued!

balob.10yov2.jpg

Worth about £100  now, use to get it for £20 a bottle 

mrmarkus1981_1
3 hours ago, AngleParkMenace said:

Worth about £100  now, use to get it for £20 a bottle 

That's disappointing, cheapest i could find (albeit i didn't search for long) ws £225.

I'll just drink it in that case :)

Dennis Reynolds
16 hours ago, hearts151 said:

Unashamed plug.. last week I launched my own independent single cask whisky range. Tri Carragh  so if you like your whisky and want to get some from a fellow Jambo then check it out. 🤣 I've also managed to get it in a few bars around Edinburgh too including Diggers so if getting a bottle is a bit of a stretch hopefully whisky drinkers on jkb can grab a dram at diggers instead! Haha. 🤣

Will have a dram next time I'm in the Diggers 👍

5 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

That's disappointing, cheapest i could find (albeit i didn't search for long) ws £225.

I'll just drink it in that case :)

Good man. Whisky is made for drinking, not financial investment, imo.

On 12/04/2020 at 01:37, hearts151 said:

Currently drinking loch lomond single malt cause it was on offer in morrisons lol

I'm on Loch Lomond 10 just now because it was on offer. Perfectly drinkable. Highland Park is usually my go-to whisky brand. Can't do the peaty islands stuff.

38 minutes ago, Darren said:

I'm on Loch Lomond 10 just now because it was on offer. Perfectly drinkable. Highland Park is usually my go-to whisky brand. Can't do the peaty islands stuff.

You get peaty malts from other areas too, including Speyside. I'm just working my way through a Benromach Peat Smoke Contrasts. Nice drinking, not too peaty. Although in general, I agree about not being too fond of peaty malts where the peat flavour drowns out everything else.

• 11 months later...

Scottish marmite - worst thing about being Scottish is when you meet someone abroad and they want to share a whisky with you (the red nose is effing sunburn!). This is a particular problem in Germany.