When we're through this shit..

muldoon74

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Nah its closed. Uber eats has nothing available here, even just eat is pretty bad it's just the shit places open.

Nightmare, I saw someone get a Burger King delivery the other day and was instantly hungry for a burger 🙈.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• muldoon74

• Pasquale for King

• Dagger Is Back

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Nah its closed. Uber eats has nothing available here, even just eat is pretty bad it's just the shit places open.

Here's something to do...

Buy loads of chicken legs and oil, google KFC recipe. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Greedy Jambo
8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

A triumphant return to Edinburgh 💙 1200px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png

Oh don't bother. 

I prefer the fresh air

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Oh don't bother. 

I prefer the fresh air

If fresh air is your thing, Phoenix is definitely not where you want to go.

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

If fresh air is your thing, Phoenix is definitely not where you want to go.

I bet its full of characters and you can shoot guns in your back garden though. 

I'm willing to do a swap with you for 6 months so to not upset the apple tree

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

I bet its full of characters and you can shoot guns in your back garden though. 

I'm willing to do a swap with you for 6 months so to not upset the apple tree

You know, governments on friendly terms should really allow/encourage passport swapping. Just run a check and approve it. We each want to be somewhere else--why stop us?

When this is all over I think I would just like to sit back and think about what we have all just gone through, think further back to what life had been like, and enter the new phase with a sense of relief, and enjoy the gifts of life that I had taken for granted, smile more, appreciate what I have and have had, and enjoy my twilight years with satisfaction, thanks and many good memories.Life in comparison to the unknown future is no too bad.

First available flight to Cyprus to see my other half!!! I am walking around like Buster Gonad at the moment!

Get my daughter for a long weekend and spend every minute of it doing what she wants.

Go into the city centre for a day, and have a wee pub crawl.

Spend days off in nice weather actually doing something. Living in Musselburgh for over 2 years now, and it only just dawned on me on Saturday that we've got place like North Berwick and Dunbar down the road. Would cost a few quid on bus/train fares, but a nice walk and a pub lunch or something. Haven't been down Berwick upon Tweed for a while either. We live in a beautiful country, and as much as I love travelling abroad, I think we might have no choice but to embrace Great British holidays for the foreseeable.

8 hours ago, Gershwin said:

We're having a baby at the beginning of June and we'd done two NCT classes before the lockdown hit. Actually really looking forward to hanging out with the other soon-to-be parents as everyone in the group is really sound. We've been doing the classes virtually and the whatsapp groups have been pretty comical.

NCT groups are worth their weight in gold. Our lot in East London were all dickheads and I don't think I would be in touch with any of them now even if we hadn't moved away. Thankfully the Mrs was adopted by another NCT group after we moved and 5 years on most of us are good friends. The kind of people that'll pick your kids up from school or look after them when you're in need. 8 of us plus kids do a Butlins trip every year but it's bust this time round due to the virus. 

Edited by IronJambo

I'm just hoping there isn't too much of a surgery backlog and my wee one gets his surgery at the right time. Not say no to everything the older one wants to do. Have coffee/beer with friends. 

Hopefully continue and not eat out as much. We'd be saving a fortune if the Mrs wasn't finding things to order from Amazon everyday.

Let's be honest, when this is over its going to be like new years day but on a larger scale. Everyone will be full of resolutions, plans and new starts...will last about 3 days before it goes back to normal 

Go out for a big slap up meal with friends in a fancy restaurant

Throw a combined 40th birthday party for all the friends who couldn't celebrate properly due to the virus

Rearrange a holiday since my one in June ain't happening

Play lots of golf

jambogaz1968

Missing family , holidays , already missed a week in Spain we had booked for March , we are due to go there again in September can't see that happening :(, missing the football not so much TV football or Tynecastle but my sons Sunday League games. missing going long walks , drives etc , missing going to the pub and gigs .

When this is all over, I'm going to continue to stay low for a few weeks.

The amount of utter dafties that can't even stay home and follow basic instructions in the current state of play is winding me up something chronic.  Groups going out for walks, people off down the shops for a jolly as if nothing is happening on a daily basis.  It is noticeably quieter here, but there are still far too many people out and about for the sheer hell of it.  If Pubs, Restaurants and places like Costa, Greggs and McDonalds were still open, the town would be just as busy as it usually is, and the only reason it's died down as much as it has is because there are limited options for people to go to.

When these people are given "the all clear" it is going to be chaotic, people who should still be in isolation due to minor symptoms will be going out because they just can't wait to get back to normal.  People mixing in large groups, and not keeping their distance.

I absolutely cannot wait to get back to having a game of football with my pals, or going on a wee holiday somewhere but I'm happy to wait as long as it takes so we can do so safely.

132goals1958

Perhaps we should revise the current definition of a Key worker (Particularly in the ( NHS Front Line)

A person whose work is overlooked and undervalued, until the shit hits the fan.

highlandjambo3
17 hours ago, Herbert said:

I'm getting a bucket of KFC chicken. 

Spending the day at McDonald’s will do me fine 😁

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Spending the day at McDonald’s will do me fine 😁

2 double sausage egg mcmuffin meals would do me.

Anyone craving a KFC should try chicken club I'm Edinburgh. Pretty decent substitute for KFC

Dagger Is Back
21 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

@Gershwin ... 

Not sure what I'm allowed to say on kickback. But basically I sort out a lot of the admin for people after they die.  Not estate management but all the crappy stuff that takes ages to do and you get no thanks for. Searching for ISAs, Cancelling mobile contracts, postal forwarding etc etc. 

Takes stress away from folk when they should be concentrating on their families. 

I'm still working through all of this for my Mum after we lost my Dad in January. Some companies are so helpful but others!! Tried to cancel his old Talk Talk account. Explained who I was and why, we can't speak to you we need to speak to the account holder was their reply. I explained again and once again they replied the same. If the boy had been in front of me I would have had him by the throat. Eventually asked for their supervisor and strangely enough it got sorted. That's a great job you to do help folks but you must have the patience of a saint

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, His name is said:

Down the hatch, South Queensferry 

This in spades. They're delivering to Kirkliston and Winchburgh now too

Brilliant food

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Volunteered through NHS.

Hope to get taken on and then use the experience to find a new purpose in life in my latter working years.

34 years with the 2 biggest bailed out banks.

Charging folk 39.9%APR even when inside your agreed overdraft limit.

Eff off.

Edited by DETTY29

Dagger Is Back
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Volunteered through NHS.

Hope to get taken on and then use the experience to find a new purpose in life in my latter working years.

34 years with the 2 biggest bailed out banks.

39.9%APR even when inside your agreed overdraft limit.

Eff off.

Good for you mate. You've served your sentence well. Hope you're well buddy

23 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I'm still working through all of this for my Mum after we lost my Dad in January. Some companies are so helpful but others!! Tried to cancel his old Talk Talk account. Explained who I was and why, we can't speak to you we need to speak to the account holder was their reply. I explained again and once again they replied the same. If the boy had been in front of me I would have had him by the throat. Eventually asked for their supervisor and strangely enough it got sorted. That's a great job you to do help folks but you must have the patience of a saint

It leads to a lot of interesting conversations.  But you learn what companies need what information.  Also - I have worked in complaints for several large banks, a massive energy provider and i've worked in pensions and ISAs so I know how under-trained some of the workers are when it comes to dealing with bereavement.  

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, Bigsmak said:

It leads to a lot of interesting conversations.  But you learn what companies need what information.  Also - I have worked in complaints for several large banks, a massive energy provider and i've worked in pensions and ISAs so I know how under-trained some of the workers are when it comes to dealing with bereavement.  

Yeah I learned after that to just ask for their bereavement team. If they have one, the folks there tend, in my experience, to know what they're doing

16 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Good for you mate. You've served your sentence well. Hope you're well buddy

Thanks.

Hypocrisy will take over and one phone call from an ex boss 'what are you doing, we can do a light touch interview' and my morals will go out of window.

Hope you are doing well too.

Just now, Hairdryer said:

Buy a Labrador puppy 

I heard today this is a 'time' to teach dogs obedience if you didn't have time before.

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Thanks.

Hypocrisy will take over and one phone call from an ex boss 'what are you doing, we can do a light touch interview' and my morals will go out of window.

Hope you are doing well too.

Nah I've got a funny feeling this is your crossroads mate. 34 years is a long time. As long as you do something you enjoy, it's an old cliche but after 34 years and what we're all going through, I there will be a lot of people re-evaluating.

.Doing OK thanks mate. Business is on ice and had a wee temp job which I've been let go from. Looking for a delivery driver or something similar but so are lots of people! LOL

Beers when we get back to normal?

Take care man

been here before

I swear if I make it through I'll ship back home to the world, buy a farm, Marry Peggy-Anne and we'll raise some kids, lots of kids.

23 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Like yourself I'm a fischerfield, Skye and Torridon virgin. Actually quite Lammermuir, Borders virgin aswell.. My main experiences have been Pentlands, Ochils, Trossachs, Southern Highlands and Cairngorm areas. 

Nevis is actually a really nice day out. Leave early enough to be setting foot on hill (first carpark, not ranger carpark) for 8am and you'll be up and down by 1/2pm. Quick MacDs in fort William, back to civilisation in time for a few cans/pints, a chinky and a cheeky favourite film with significant other before bed. Quality. 

Ahem......

Dagger Is Back

So back on topic

Get my business back up and running 

Get a Golden Retriever

Meet the lads for a massive bevvy up

Get back to playing football

9 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Nah I've got a funny feeling this is your crossroads mate. 34 years is a long time. As long as you do something you enjoy, it's an old cliche but after 34 years and what we're all going through, I there will be a lot of people re-evaluating.

.Doing OK thanks mate. Business is on ice and had a wee temp job which I've been let go from. Looking for a delivery driver or something similar but so are lots of people! LOL

Beers when we get back to normal?

Take care man

👍🍻🍻

25 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Buy a Labrador puppy 

Labradors are fat greedy dogs always find them bad tempered good luck anyway.

been here before
11 minutes ago, Crete said:

Aye?

Sounds like Ive been out with labrador or two in my time.

16 minutes ago, Crete said:

I agree with the first part but that's due to genetics rather than greed, Labs dont feel full. They are not bad tempered though. They are gentle wee things that just want clapped or fed.

J.T.F.Robertson

Firstly, hoping family and friends at home get through this. Ditto, for all on here.

Anyhoo, get myself back to Edinburgh for a bit.

I do it every year only now it's on hold for gawd knows how long and it just makes me want it even more than normal.

I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'd like to think I might have a bit more appreciation for the things I've always taken so much for granted. 

Angry Haggis
13 hours ago, tian447 said:

When this is all over, I'm going to continue to stay low for a few weeks.

The amount of utter dafties that can't even stay home and follow basic instructions in the current state of play is winding me up something chronic.  Groups going out for walks, people off down the shops for a jolly as if nothing is happening on a daily basis.  It is noticeably quieter here, but there are still far too many people out and about for the sheer hell of it.  If Pubs, Restaurants and places like Costa, Greggs and McDonalds were still open, the town would be just as busy as it usually is, and the only reason it's died down as much as it has is because there are limited options for people to go to.

When these people are given "the all clear" it is going to be chaotic, people who should still be in isolation due to minor symptoms will be going out because they just can't wait to get back to normal.  People mixing in large groups, and not keeping their distance.

I absolutely cannot wait to get back to having a game of football with my pals, or going on a wee holiday somewhere but I'm happy to wait as long as it takes so we can do so safely.

Top post. 

6 hours ago, Crete said:

You are talking rubbish it sounds as if you have had a bad experience with

a Labrador they may be greedy but are not knowing for a bad temperament 

and are also the most popular dog year after year out of interest what breed

of dog do you have? 

10 hours ago, Herbert said:

I agree with the first part but that's due to genetics rather than greed, Labs dont feel full. They are not bad tempered though. They are gentle wee things that just want clapped or fed.

It's **** all ti do with genetics but down to owners over feeding and under exercising them, the Show brigade have lead the way in this, the Labradors you see on Crufts are a complete disgrace and a lot of people have come to see this as how they should look, it isn't!!!!!

Go to any retriever field trial, go to a shoot, go to a Gamekeeper and look at Labradors there, completely different, they look how they should, fit, lean, athletic and are there to do a job.

I've had Labradors for nearly 40 years and have NEVER had a fat one, because I don't let them get fat.

10 hours ago, Crete said:

Pish!🤣

25 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's **** all ti do with genetics but down to owners over feeding and under exercising them, the Show brigade have lead the way in this, the Labradors you see on Crufts are a complete disgrace and a lot of people have come to see this as how they should look, it isn't!!!!!

Go to any retriever field trial, go to a shoot, go to a Gamekeeper and look at Labradors there, completely different, they look how they should, fit, lean, athletic and are there to do a job.

I've had Labradors for nearly 40 years and have NEVER had a fat one, because I don't let them get fat.

There are two different types of Labrador the show ones are stocky

and the field ones are leaner and more agile although the same

breed there are differences I agree a fat Labrador is one which is not

being exercised enough also the one which won its group at crufts

come from a top breeder with over 40 years experience based near Falkirk 

47 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

There are two different types of Labrador the show ones are stocky

and the field ones are leaner and more agile although the same

breed there are differences I agree a fat Labrador is one which is not

being exercised enough also the one which won its group at crufts

come from a top breeder with over 40 years experience based near Falkirk 

There are diffirent "types" in working lines of Labs, some are stockier than others, but fat lab is a fat lab regardless of breeding, breeding doesn't make them fat, diet and lack of exercise makes them fat.

If the guy from Falkirk has "over 40 years experience" he should know that that Labrador was a bloody disgrace, an embarrassment to the breed, it couldn't do 10 minutes work never mind a days work. It shows hiw breeders and showers are completey igoring the KC's "Fit for Purpose" rule and the KC are turning a blind eye ti it, scandalous.

I've seen a few show and half bred show labradors out shooting and competing in field trials, there was a successful Chocolate dog a few years ago from purely show lines and it was as lean as a Whippet and as fir as a fiddle, a real credit to the owner. 

Lots to look forward to. It’s been nice to have some reflection time. 

Looking forward to playing fives as walking/running doesn’t interest me.

Golf too, will be great to get a few rounds in once it is safe to do so. 

Been taking all these things for granted and will treasure them more when they come back around. 

Certainly not going to join in with any mass piss-up or the like - the end of this isn't going to be one defined moment like the war-ending signing of a surrender or armistice. I'm convinced it'll be a case of gradually becoming managed in different parts of the country at different times. No point in getting things under control then having one huge virus spread-a-thon once it looks like we're out of the woods.

After that...travel. Even within my home area - plenty here I've not seen yet.