When we're through this shit..

muldoon74

As it says..

What are your plans for when we get through this corona quarantine stuff?

Before it all kicked off I was finally beginning to make headway on debts and making loads of job applications. 

Being a private hire driver the arse fell out of it, as I drove for someone I get/got a %age of takings. Almost every other driver in my position I know was offered 100% but you pay fuel.. Fair enough. Owner of vehicle I drove said I should work 7 days a week (12hours).. I finished. 

Started today order picking in Livingston, minimum wage but I'll come out just under what I used to get for just over half the hours. 

My plan is to get a job with the host company of the warehouse, get debts paid and then.... 

House, car, motorbike and holidays again. 

We've been council for years but I want our own wee semi detached with garage (West Lothian pretty cheap if you move to the right place.) 

Car, wee runabout Corsa or similar. If we have occasion to take the Grandkids and their mums (dads can f off) out together then we'll hire a 7 seater. 

Motorbike. Put it off long enough. Doesn't have to be top spec or anything, just something fun and all day comfy. Enjoyment is the key. Gonna meet some mates and bang some twisties out. 

If I'm full time in proper job with holidays again we can make use of the passports again without worrying about losing 2/3 weeks wages ( and owner of vehicle strongly hinting he's unhappy I've had an actual holiday because vehicle has lost money..) 

Obviously seeing family and going on several piss ups is on the cards but they'll happen, their not planned, they  are facts that will be happening. (like most, several family members seem determined to have parties etc as soon as things are over. I'd like to leave it a while and let things settle, then get *** on it. ).. 

I'll maybe be able to put more effort into using my Degree and PgDip aswell.. 2 years after passing still nothing in the field and less chance with everything going on. 

So JKB, let's hear your plans. 

Wether hugely ambitious or simply just happy wee thoughts, lay them down here... Let's get some positivity back into the world...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• muldoon74

• Pasquale for King

• Dagger Is Back

Haven't been on a proper holiday for a few years as I always just save my money and think long term, but with all this I've decided life is too short and I'm going to go on an adventure. 😁

Travel.

Missing it so much already.  

Every month for about 12 years, we have gone on a holiday, some short, some a bit more so.

Feeling like we are stuck here at the moment.

Go fishing to Stocks Reservoir, really missed my fishing.

Go to the Orange Tree in Kirkby Lonsdale for a MASSIVE Burger and a few pints of thier own Monumental ale with my wife and son.

After this, I'm going to stop being a perfectionist with work. Life's to short to worry about millimetres.

And I'm gonnae hit the gym extremely hard. Been away to long, even when I was there.

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ultralight long-distance hikes, starting with the WHW in 3 days as practice. 

I admire your ambition..

I would suggest that the WHW in 3 days is maybe a bit of a stretch.. ;) . I'd love to do the WHW race or as a starter, the Devil of the Highlands.. 

5-7 days for touristy types (although of course I know nothing of your history, experience, expertise and fitness levels..) 

WHW has long been an ambition of mine.. Also Southern Upland way, Everest base camp, … Actually what I really miss is just the odd wee day out here.. Pentlands are much under rated.. I also want to get back into the Munroe bagging.. Not got many (18 I think) under my belt but many other walks … I'd just like that feeling of getting up in the morning (usually early, ) get teh kit in the car.. Tunes on banging it to start point.. Brilliant day out, back home few cans, couple of whiskys.. Stretch it out on the sunday.. Happy days. 

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

Walking. I miss the hills. 

Any favourites? Or are they secret … 

Maybe cliché but I love Nevis. Done it 7.5 times. From April to October... Never been the same twice. 

Lomond, Schaehallion, Pentlands (west Kip, East kip, ridge.. lunch in the Flotterstone Inn.. back to Balerno car park) all gonna get some attention.. 

Want to do the fischerfield 6, Cairngorm, Macduie and really want to head up to Eigh and torridon. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Hope you’re not a tightrope walker.

Ridge walker. Roof Slater/tiler

Greedy Jambo

Plans.. 

Reminds me of the time my teacher in high school asked me what i wanted to do when i leave, 

He got his answer with a blank stare and a shrug of the shoulders.

7 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Any favourites? Or are they secret … 

Maybe cliché but I love Nevis. Done it 7.5 times. From April to October... Never been the same twice. 

Lomond, Schaehallion, Pentlands (west Kip, East kip, ridge.. lunch in the Flotterstone Inn.. back to Balerno car park) all gonna get some attention.. 

Want to do the fischerfield 6, Cairngorm, Macduie and really want to head up to Eigh and torridon. 

I’ve never been up Ben Nevis and I’ve still to attempt Fisherfield and Torridon. I’ve never done anything on Skye either. Like you, I walk in the Pentlands whenever I can. Borders and Lammermuirs too. The Glen Sax horseshoe just south of Peebles is a great walk.

Probably my favourite place to walk in the Highlands is Assynt. A landscape like nowhere else.

First thing to get organised will be the 2 day party in our wee town. Loads of health professionals live out here so their party will be paid for by the rest of us hopefully.

Bought a drone 2 day’s before lock down and it’s not been out of the box so getting that airborne somewhere scenic will be next.

Weve lost 1 booked holiday already with another 2 to come shortly both of which won’t happen. So getting away as often as we can for the rest of year will be top priority.

Im on furlough which is a dawdle once you get a bit of structure in your day but already I’m missing leaving the house at 7am to sit in traffic for an hour. Looking forward to getting back to work. Luckily Mrs Cant works somewhere where it’s all hands on deck and she’s on overtime making up my missing 20%. I’m very grateful as she keeps telling me !!

Football ? To be honest I needed a break from it and haven’t really missed it at all. I might not go back to it.  I’ve actually had time to think about stuff that I miss more and that is more important and certainly more enjoyable and I don’t do enough of in normal times.

I really miss having a football bet weirdly enough which might be something I need to work on 

Edited by JimmyCant

Toxteth O'Grady

Just want to get back to normal.

To stop getting angry at people and look forward to travels again.

22 minutes ago, leginten said:

I’ve never been up Ben Nevis and I’ve still to attempt Fisherfield and Torridon. I’ve never done anything on Skye either. Like you, I walk in the Pentlands whenever I can. Borders and Lammermuirs too. The Glen Sax horseshoe just south of Peebles is a great walk.

Probably my favourite place to walk in the Highlands is Assynt. A landscape like nowhere else.

Like yourself I'm a fischerfield, Skye and Torridon virgin. Actually quite Lammermuir, Borders virgin aswell.. My main experiences have been Pentlands, Ochils, Trossachs, Southern Highlands and Cairngorm areas. 

Nevis is actually a really nice day out. Leave early enough to be setting foot on hill (first carpark, not ranger carpark) for 8am and you'll be up and down by 1/2pm. Quick MacDs in fort William, back to civilisation in time for a few cans/pints, a chinky and a cheeky favourite film with significant other before bed. Quality. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Watch any other channels than 101 501 503

Never watched them anyway... 

Incidentally has anyone elses Sky download speed increased massively? Even just 2 weeks ago to download Gladiator on Sky movies it would take about 3 hours.. Now its available within a minute..

If they can do it now with demand so high... why have I been bumfobbed off the last 8 years..? 

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If you do go up Ben Nevis, go the CMD route. The ridge is something else, and makes the memory.

That’s what I intend to do, although I’m shitting myself slightly based on the photos I’ve seen.

6 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Just want to get back to normal.

To stop getting angry at people and look forward to travels again.

I am what you might call a finger drummer... People get on my tits at the best of times... However I am patient and just rap out a beat on my thigh with fingers...

Going to Asda has strecthed my patience to the limit these last couple of weeks.. Livingston Asda has markings on the floor for 2m spaces... the way you should go around the shop (ie one way system.. its got arrows ffs!!!).. Yet people, in family groups just bumbling around like itsa normal shop... How ****ing hard is it people???? Arrows show thwe way!!! jesus Christ its not that ****ing hard!!! 

Sorry, rant over... need space, in the hills. Away from those ******s! 

5 minutes ago, leginten said:

That’s what I intend to do, although I’m shitting myself slightly based on the photos I’ve seen.

Is CMD the south side? 

The North is a very serious undertaking.. Some of the best, most technically difficult climbing in the world... Depending on route of course... 

The route I take can dmittdly be like the M8  at times but that's why you have to time it right.. Get to the top, avoid the crowds and have free reign to dip tootsies in River nevis to cool them down before putting comfies on for drive home.. 

2 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

I am what you might call a finger drummer... People get on my tits at the best of times... However I am patient and just rap out a beat on my thigh with fingers...

Going to Asda has strecthed my patience to the limit these last couple of weeks.. Livingston Asda has markings on the floor for 2m spaces... the way you should go around the shop (ie one way system.. its got arrows ffs!!!).. Yet people, in family groups just bumbling around like itsa normal shop... How ****ing hard is it people???? Arrows show thwe way!!! jesus Christ its not that ****ing hard!!! 

I'm the opposite. My mates always tell me to get over my shyness. Sorry, I'll won't stop telling people how it is, but I do take it when I'm wrong too.

Greedy Jambo
19 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Yup, Same, I've been absolutely raging but it's mostly been to the incompetence of the staff. 

A new door to go into every time, waiting in a que only for some old dafty to say that the checkout is getting shut because she can't find banana's on the system, then you're stood in another cue for 15 minutes watching the old guy at the checkouts talking away to his colleague like he's the funniest man in the world and there's not 100 people waiting to pay for there stuff and get the **** out of there. 

When i finally get to the checkout, she asks me how i'm doing... 

Edited by Space Pirate

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Yup, Same, I've been absolutely raging but it's mostly been to the incompetence of the staff. 

A new door to go into every time, waiting in a que only for some old dafty to say that the checkout is getting shut because she can't find banana's on the system, then your stood in another cue for 15 minutes watching the old guy at the checkouts talking away to his college like he's the funniest man in the world and there's not 100 people waiting to pay for there stuff and get the **** out of there. 

And I bet you say “ I’m fine how are you” because that what we do hahahaha 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆🤪

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

And I bet you say “ I’m fine how are you” because that what we do hahahaha 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆🤪

I actually said " i'm fine other than all the cues" She said "well it's to be expected in the current times. 

I said, aye, but i've already had to stand in a cue for 15 minutes and then they shut it down"

She didn't want to communicate with me after that. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

A new door to go into every time, waiting in a que only for some old dafty to say that the checkout is getting shut because she can't find banana's on the system, then you're stood in another cue for 15 minutes watching the old guy at the checkouts talking away to his college like he's the funniest man in the world and there's not 100 people waiting to pay for there stuff and get the **** out of there. 

Selfie scan check out or what we call SCAFO, Scan and **** Off.. The one where you self scan items as you bag them and just pay at Self scan checkout, all tallied and ready to go. I know it may put people out of jobs but its easier fpr me ok! 

Staff, I have to be honest, have been great.. Doingn their jobs,. It's the ****ing dickhead public that piss me off. 

Been  private hire driver for 9 years. had numerous jobs in varying sectors for 29 years. people are thick as ****. general public? shit for brains. 

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Selfie scan check out or what we call SCAFO, Scan and **** Off.. The one where you self scan items as you bag them and just pay at Self scan checkout, all tallied and ready to go. I know it may put people out of jobs but its easier fpr me ok! 

Staff, I have to be honest, have been great.. Doingn their jobs,. It's the ****ing dickhead public that piss me off. 

Been  private hire driver for 9 years. had numerous jobs in varying sectors for 29 years. people are thick as ****. general public? shit for brains. 

It was the selfie scan checkout that i was in, 3rd in line and the person on it was putting a whole months shopping through it, couldn't find bananas on it and then it was shut down. I then went to move on to the next one and someone that had just showed up got there infront of me, was in a rager from them on. The old guy talking away without a care in the world on the next checkout nearly put me into a state of violence haha. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I actually said " i'm fine other than all the cues" She said "well it's to be expected in the current times. 

I said, aye, but i've already had to stand in a cue for 15 minutes and then they shut it down"

She didn't want to communicate with me after that. 

You nasty man, if she had been attractive would you have said that about the Queues? It does my head in too, seems worse in the current climate.

Edited by Pasquale for King

It was the selfie scan checkout that i was in, 3rd in line and the person on it was putting a whole months shopping through it, couldn't find bananas on it and then it was shut down. I then went to move on to the next one and someone that had just showed up got there infront of me, was in a rager from them on. The old guy talking away without a care in the world on the next checkout nearly put me into a state of violence haha. 

PMSL. 

Honestly who'd have thought that going to the shops could induce such feelings of impending violence and hatred.. 

I'm with you mate.. For me on Friday there it was the woman who I met in EVERY aisle... She was going the wrong way round a clearly marked system.. Every. ***. Aisle. How *** stupid, in every sense of th word, are you! 

Taxi driver on way home heard all about it. Then my wife. And several ofmy friends via facebook. 

Deep breaths and beer quaffed in quantities to nullify shopping experience needed. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

It doesn’t put people out of jobs because of the aforementioned dickheads they need staff to monitor it. People often query whether serving the public is the correct career choice for me.

I started up a business in January and March was meant to be my launch month. So needless to say, I'm going to try my hardest to make up lost time on this. Very frustrating. 

That and get some golf played. 

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You nasty man, if she had been attractive would you have said that about the Queues? It does my head in too, seems worse in the current climate.

Hmmm,  Good question. 

It wasn't really the old womans fault, she was standing there waiting to do her shift while the old guy sat there not wanting to leave, coming on to all the old woman and all sorts. He kept looking up to me like i would find it funny. I actually just wanted to grab him by the neck and throw him through the window. 

I don't think it would have mattered who served me. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It doesn’t put people out of jobs because of the aforementioned dickheads they need staff to monitor it. People often query whether serving the public is the correct career choice for me.

I hear you mate.... 

Serving the public takes a special kind of ability to distance oneself while at the same time appear interested in what th ***** is saying.

I just hope after all this is done, I can fnid a living that suits me and pays enough for everyting .. god knows, currently I'll end up scrapping every lunchtime because my self discipling has dwindled somewhat over the last few years!

5 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Have a wank in peace. 

The hills will help with that.. Just let me know where youre going so I can not go there! ;)

6 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

I started up a business in January and March was meant to be my launch month. So needless to say, I'm going to try my hardest to make up lost time on this. Very frustrating. 

That and get some golf played. 

What's the business?

We're having a baby at the beginning of June and we'd done two NCT classes before the lockdown hit. Actually really looking forward to hanging out with the other soon-to-be parents as everyone in the group is really sound. We've been doing the classes virtually and the whatsapp groups have been pretty comical.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Hmmm,  Good question. 

It wasn't really the old womans fault, she was standing there waiting to do her shift while the old guy sat there not wanting to leave, coming on to all the old woman and all sorts. He kept looking up to me like i would find it funny. I actually just wanted to grab him by the neck and throw him through the window. 

I don't think it would have mattered who served me. 

I was tempted to knock a teenager off his bike today as he sped past me and the dogs on the pavement in between us and another person who were 6 feet apart, no helmet and no hands as he was on his phone. Stressful times. 

@Gershwin ... 

Not sure what I'm allowed to say on kickback. But basically I sort out a lot of the admin for people after they die.  Not estate management but all the crappy stuff that takes ages to do and you get no thanks for. Searching for ISAs, Cancelling mobile contracts, postal forwarding etc etc. 

Takes stress away from folk when they should be concentrating on their families. 

Edited by Bigsmak
Spelling

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

I hear you mate.... 

Serving the public takes a special kind of ability to distance oneself while at the same time appear interested in what th ***** is saying.

I just hope after all this is done, I can fnid a living that suits me and pays enough for everyting .. god knows, currently I'll end up scrapping every lunchtime because my self discipling has dwindled somewhat over the last few years!

I struggle with that bit, if I like them I chat but you will know if I don’t like you. 
This time off is giving me time to think about a career change, but it will need to be later in the year or maybe next as my boss has been great with us and was paying us even before the Furlough scheme rolled out.

Greedy Jambo
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was tempted to knock a teenager off his bike today as he sped past me and the dogs on the pavement in between us and another person who were 6 feet apart, no helmet and no hands as he was on his phone. Stressful times. 

Ha, 

See, that wouldn't have bothered me. 

We were all doing that at one point. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Ha, 

See, that wouldn't have bothered me. 

We were all doing that at one point. 

I didn’t say I wasn’t a hypocrite 😜

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say I wasn’t a hypocrite 😜

It's getting to that point where kicking a teenager off his bike and then riding it down the middle of the road even worse than he was sounds quite appealing. 

Pasquale for King

It's getting to that point where kicking a teenager off his bike and then riding it down the middle of the road even worse than he was sounds quite appealing. 

I would’ve kicked the back wheel and kept  walking, I had the dogs after all and the pavements in gorgie would’ve got the blame. 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I would’ve kicked the back wheel and kept  walking, I had the dogs after all and the pavements in gorgie would’ve got the blame. 

Nah, i'm no sure that would have done the job to be fair. These boys are highly skilled. You'd have to go straight for the man. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

I'm getting a bucket of KFC chicken. 

kin hell mate, that's a bit extreme is it no. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I'm getting a bucket of KFC chicken. 

Can you not get that delivered now?

Just now, Space Pirate said:

kin hell mate, that's a bit extreme is it no. 

Been craving it for days. I only eat kfc once in a blue moon but I really want it now. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Nah, i'm no sure that would have done the job to be fair. These boys are highly skilled. You'd have to go straight for the man. 

Fair point, I’ve been away from Muirhouse for too long 😜.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can you not get that delivered now?

Nah its closed. Uber eats has nothing available here, even just eat is pretty bad it's just the shit places open.