Which Young Player?

TyphoonJambo

TyphoonJambo

Its been reported by the club that negotiations re wage cuts are ongoing with only Naismith and "an un-named youngster" accepting the 50%  cut. Who is this player? Any ideas?

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Its been reported by the club that negotiations re wage cuts are ongoing with only Naismith and "an un-named youngster" accepting the 50%  cut. Who is this player? Any ideas?

Ann was on Sportsound yesterday saying no playing staff will have their pay reduced by more than 30%. It's on listen again too. 

Good interviews with her and Dave McCormack.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Ann was on Sportsound yesterday saying no playing staff will have their pay reduced by more than 30%. It's on listen again too. 

Good interviews with her and Dave McCormack.

Did she not say though that, prior to this, one young player had stepped forward?

Samuel Camazzola

I had heard the report too and earlier stuff about Naismith taking a 50% cut. Yesterday's interview stated no playing staff were above 30%.

Did she not say the young player had offered to take nothing?

Steven Naismith is standing by his original offer to accept a 50% cut and indeed one of our younger players is refusing to take any wages at all over this period.  We thank every player for their support and hopefully we will conclude all discussions very soon. 

Edited by neilnunb

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Did she not say the young player had offered to take nothing?

If so, even more admirable.

My money is on Lewis Moore, he thought his Hearts career was over, he has come back into the fold and looks like he now has a future at the club, would probably play for nothing anyway 

TyphoonJambo

I'll go for Henderson was it not him that previously initiated several fund raisers for a young friend? 

13 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'll go for Henderson was it not him that previously initiated several fund raisers for a young friend? 

That was McDonald, unless Hendo did similar.

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That was McDonald, unless Hendo did similar.

My mistake. MCDonald is my guess then. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I had heard the report too and earlier stuff about Naismith taking a 50% cut. Yesterday's interview stated no playing staff were above 30%.

According to legal advice that Aberdeen's lawyers have given them the  Government scheme can't be used for people who are still working or taking a wage. 

As Hearts payers will still be getting a wage, they will not qualify for furlough. 

So looks like it's back to 50% cuts or article 12.🤔

57 minutes ago, Bozi said:

My money is on Lewis Moore, he thought his Hearts career was over, he has come back into the fold and looks like he now has a future at the club, would probably play for nothing anyway 

Is he a Hearts fan ? 

All this highlights is the amount of absolute dicks we have as players. If a young player is showing the way it shows recruitment has been wrong on the character as well as the football talent. 

what the players should recognise is they have benefited from a high basic and effectively cheated the fans all season. 

A rumour going around it's young Harry Stone.  His parents are both Professors at the Royal, it makes sense as money not an issue.  May also be rubbish

19 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

All this highlights is the amount of absolute dicks we have as players. If a young player is showing the way it shows recruitment has been wrong on the character as well as the football talent. 

what the players should recognise is they have benefited from a high basic and effectively cheated the fans all season. 

Not disagreeing in the slightest but a laddie still living at his ma's isn't comparable to someone with a mortgage, kids etc.

The better comparison for our players is frankly society at large. We're all making financial sacrifice mostly so our employers survive and we have jobs to go back to. They need to see they're no different.

Why should they get deferrals? I didn't get that option? Because some clubs happen to be offering that because they're either cash rich enough or too short sighted?

been here before
16 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So a report with no corroboration has folk speculating. Good stuff. 

Its a ****in ridiculous thread if we're being honest.

Absolute speculation over an uncorroborated story the OP couldnt even get right about something that really doesnt matter and we're never likely to know being used to have a pop at the other players and the club recruitment.

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its a ****in ridiculous thread if we're being honest.

Absolute speculation over an uncorroborated story the OP couldnt even get right about something that really doesnt matter and we're never likely to know being used to have a pop at the other players and the club recruitment.

Wasn't having a pop at anyone more seeing the positives in youth. However you keep being angry. By the way, it was AB who mentioned it. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

According to legal advice that Aberdeen's lawyers have given them the  Government scheme can't be used for people who are still working or taking a wage. 

As Hearts payers will still be getting a wage, they will not qualify for furlough. 

It seems like the Aberdeen squad will be actively carrying out club duties (promoting, driving ticket sales, community initiatives...) hence they are not being furloughed. If the majority of Hearts players are just at home ticking over on their own fitness programmes, they'll qualify for the scheme (as per definition taken from legal advice explained by McInnes and McCormack. 

been here before
18 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Wasn't having a pop at anyone more seeing the positives in youth. However you keep being angry. By the way, it was AB who mentioned it. 

No-one accused you of having a pop at anyone.

However you keep being a rambling paranoiac.

part_time_jambo
54 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So a report with no corroboration has folk speculating. Good stuff. 

It's the kickback way.

Who ever it is, fair play to them. They obviously didn’t want to make a fuss hence why we are guessing. A great gesture in the current climate. 

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

My money would be on young Andy Irving

Was my guess. Don't know the lad personally but know folk who do and have heard he and his family are guid folk.

As I said above - helps if you still live wi yer ma!!! Maybe she's put a mortgage holiday on his digs!

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, goader said:

A rumour going around it's young Harry Stone.  His parents are both Professors at the Royal, it makes sense as money not an issue.  May also be rubbish

Yeh that would make sense

he doesn’t need money just now 

The Internet

Anyone who knows is pretty unlikely to broadcast it on here I'd hope. Not sure if speculating based on one of the kids having possibly rich parents is the right way to go about it but I'm not surprised.

6 hours ago, luckydug said:

They are wrong though. 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They are wrong though. 

Yes I know somebody has already linked the relevant Govt website. 👍

millerjames398

Could be young hickey, if as anticipated he's gettin a big money move, he's taking the hit ,knowing the big bucks are about to roll in for him shortly...or that could all be complete bollocks🤷🏼‍♂️😄

Guest ToqueJambo
43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They are wrong though. 

Not according the bit from the gov website posted on the 50% cut thread. It says anyone furloughed, even if they get top up wages, can't work. It's either furlough people (with topped dup wages if needed up to an agreed % of their existing wage) and they do no work. Or don't furlough them and pay them a % of their existing wage and they can work. Or defer all or some of their wages (and I assume still ask them to work for nothing?) We seem to be going for one of the first two options for everyone, with anyone not agreeing to that leaving. Although things change every day so who knows.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not according the bit from the gov website posted on the 50% cut thread. It says anyone furloughed, even if they get top up wages, can't work. It's either furlough people (with topped dup wages if needed up to an agreed % of their existing wage) and they do no work. Or don't furlough them and pay them a % of their existing wage and they can work. Or defer all or some of their wages (and I assume still ask them to work for nothing?) We seem to be going for one of the first two options for everyone, with anyone not agreeing to that leaving. Although things change every day so who knows.

We are not planning to have our players working, Aberdeen are. Govt scheme works fine for us if players don’t work. 

David McCaig
19 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Yeh that would make sense

he doesn’t need money just now 

His parents will be saving on school fees at Heriot's compared to last year as well.

He's also suggested in interviews that he's still not fully discounted pursuing medicine as a career as opposed to football

Guy on facebook claiming he knows player in question.

My guess was henderson on moore on promise of a new contract. As per daniels words the other week.

Facebook guy claims its a youth player though, not yet in first team (or not regularly ) and is a jambo.

Anyone know the hearts supporters out the young guys?

SectionDJambo

It's best left unkmown, is it not?

Maybe he doesn't want it to be made public, which could be for a variety of reasons.

The Internet
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It's best left unkmown, is it not?

Maybe he doesn't want it to be made public, which could be for a variety of reasons.

This is 2020 mate, privacy is a thing of the past. We MUST find out. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

This is 2020 mate, privacy is a thing of the past. We MUST find out. 

As Isa in Still Game would say

'AH HUV TAE KEN' 😁