Bobby Burns journey back home from Australia

maroonsgotop

Pleased to see he did well across there. Hopefully he kicks on. 

Next season, we'll hopefully have a lot more of the youngsters in the first team. Burns, Irving, McDonald etc.

Normally takes 22hrs from London to Sydney done it so many times he took 40hrs (that can happen anytime due to delays etc cant see a story here)🤷‍♂️ he's lucky he got back at all

East Lothian Jambo
16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Good guy 

Not sure he has a future here though 

Comes over a cracking lad. I believe he's a bright lad 

Unfortunately he lacks pace like pretty much all of our players. He's got a tenacious way about him. Quite industrious 

I'd hope he would get the chance some others have been getting 

maroonsgotop
58 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Normally takes 22hrs from London to Sydney done it so many times he took 40hrs (that can happen anytime due to delays etc cant see a story here)🤷‍♂️ he's lucky he got back at all

just a young 20 year old trying to get home on his own to his family in very difficult times and no doubt some of the normal hubs (like Singapore) were closed meaning a longer than normal journey with few of the normal 'refreshment' stations open for business making it even more difficult. 

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Good guy 

Agree. Watched him quite a bit in the reserves and he just needed to chill. He was indecisive, panicky and easily pressured into mistakes. 

indianajones
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Good guy 

If we end up in the Championship he'll be a starter. 

rudi must stay
52 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If we end up in the Championship he'll be a starter. 

Who'll be our main course?

Heres Rixxy

Hopefully the experience out there has been good for him and no doubt he enjoyed it. If we are playing in the Premiership next season I'd like to see him loaned out again for the first half to track his development before making any decisions. As mentioned above his play is quite industrious which reminds me a bit of Lee Wallace so he could still kick on.

Watched a lot of his games on BT. Initially he was getting stuck in but ultimately had poor decision making and rushed his play.

As he got more games he settled, played well and most of his crosses into the box were excellent over his last 10 or so games.

Edited by EH22-Jambo

Auldreekie1874
On 05/04/2020 at 01:35, rudi must stay said:

Who'll be our main course?

Anthony McDonald(s)

:peepwall:

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, EH22-Jambo said:

Watched a lot of his games on BT. Initially he was getting stuck in but ultimately had poor decision making and rushed his play.

As he got more games he settled, played well and most of his crosses into the box were excellent over his last 10 or so games.

Pretty much what I took from watching him for our Reserves as above. Possibly just trying too hard but often it was to his detriment unfortunately. Hopefully getting some games under his belt has calmed him down a bit because it was frustrating to watch him get the ball into his feet, panic, then either fail to make a decision quickly enough and get himself closed down or make the wrong one and aimlessly punt it up the park. 

Bobby’s mum pulled me down from the back of the chair in front of me whilst celebrating Edwards goal in the cup final and told me to “calm down”. That simple act has ruined his hearts career for me 😂😂

He seemed to improve a lot in his spell there going by their fans. He was saying himself the more he played the fitter he got and felt faster and sharper as a result of playing 90 minutes every week.

He deserves a crack at being Stendel'd before we make any rash decisions about him never playing for us again.  A lot (and it was a majority) of people said the same thing about players like Sean Clare...

He's a young guy, and seems to be intelligent enough to take stuff on board.  When we get back to training and playing, hopefully he gets a little guidance and can show he's got what it takes.

Batistuta87
23 hours ago, tian447 said:

He deserves a crack at being Stendel'd before we make any rash decisions about him never playing for us again.  A lot (and it was a majority) of people said the same thing about players like Sean Clare...

He's a young guy, and seems to be intelligent enough to take stuff on board.  When we get back to training and playing, hopefully he gets a little guidance and can show he's got what it takes.

Certainly appears to have an excellent attitude anyway. I get the impression from his social media that he's a quiet lad who is totally dedicated to the game and who you probably won't see out partying and drinking or anything like that. Looked like he spent a lot of his down time in Oz going for coffee, eating in healthy hipster type cafes, playing golf and stuff like that.