SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

13 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

When push comes to shove, and if we actually do end up down a division, Hearts fans will still turn up in numbers, especially if we're threatening to come right back up again, it's what football fans do, it's all wind and bluster right now and the odd puffing out of the chest. 

Yeah very much this.

Hearts fans will support the team home and away no matter what we say.

Rangers fans threatened the same and turned up in numbers.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3fingersreid

Yet I was told by someone on here that the clubs DONT vote on the decision to finish the season or not , yet this article clearly shows they do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Whilst Hearts are adrift, the situation partick thistle find themselves in there’s no way they can be relegated , which should strengthen our argument , in that the rules should apply to all . 

Increasing the leagues sizes for next year seems the simple solution . 

If the vote is upheld and we go down , I would like to know who voted which way and I hope ALL Hearts fans remember this and refuse tickets to said away teams games when we return, top up FOH or spend in the club shop , but not a penny to those who went against us .🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

33C95B45-7C6F-4F69-AC10-854AA7D9F363.jpeg

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Does the SC cup get decided in the same fashion and if not why not? 

Its decided alphabetically 😂

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Its decided alphabetically 😂

Its probably already been awarded to Celtic, TBH.

3fingersreid
7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Do you realise you'd have to charge the Hearts fans the same?

Why , rules today are being made up as we go along , so well just do the same . 
If you’re not happy **** off 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Well yeah, of course it's our fault we're bottom after 30 games, and if we were bottom after 38 I'd agree it's our fault, but no one's ever said relegation after 30 games was a possibility.

This in a nutshell,  it's not rocket science.

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

I think he is actually correct.  I think there is an existing rule that says that, which is why we have cup tie ticket prices decided largely with the away side.

Jingle Bells
39 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

There is so much conflict of interest in this its untrue.

Celtic x 2, Hamilton and Brechin all represented on the SPFL Board which has proposed a solution directly benefiting all 3 clubs... quite spectacularly so in the case of Brechin City.

There is always,  football visionary and Celtic sycophant Petrie along the corridor too.. 

Glasgow Herald's comments page, is a good  read at the moment, total self interest concerning  the Ugly Sisters  arms race for the most number of League Titles won, being masqueraded as something different.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I think he is actually correct.  I think there is an existing rule that says that, which is why we have cup tie ticket prices decided largely with the away side.

Sure it came from Dunfermline charging Hearts fans a lot more for the away end than they charged for home fans a good few years ago now, and they were fined for it. 

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

What? You are actually trying to engage with me?

Sod off 🚁

7 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yet I was told by someone on here that the clubs DONT vote on the decision to finish the season or not , yet this article clearly shows they do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Whilst Hearts are adrift, the situation partick thistle find themselves in there’s no way they can be relegated , which should strengthen our argument , in that the rules should apply to all . 

Increasing the leagues sizes for next year seems the simple solution . 

If the vote is upheld and we go down , I would like to know who voted which way and I hope ALL Hearts fans remember this and refuse tickets to said away teams games when we return, top up FOH or spend in the club shop , but not a penny to those who went against us .🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

33C95B45-7C6F-4F69-AC10-854AA7D9F363.jpeg

No danger they are going to reveal this. It would have to be leaked these guys cover for each other. Lets face it most of them don't care about us or Partick or any other club threatened with relegation and it's a given that most will vote whatever way Celtic do.

I noted the clever way they have suggested the possiblity of discussing the reconstruction of the leagues but only after the vote has been done.

So that's a bit like a turkey voting for Xmas. As AB said why can't they just give the clubs a share of the prize money now to help them through this without having to know the final placings. GIve the money out as per the league positions at the moment and adjust later if the games ever get played

26 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

We could make the segregation one line of seats smaller and charge that line of seats the same as away fans.

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

We don’t deserve to stay up

simple

We don't deserve to go down unless we have completed the season and are in 12th position.  You can go along and follow Hamilton in the top flight next season if this absurd proposal goes through. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

They showed how clubs voted when they asked clubs to decide rangers fate. 

Given the number of votes required particularly in Premier league it won't be too hard to work out.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

We don't deserve to go down unless we have completed the season and are in 12th position.  You can go along and follow Hamilton in the top flight next season if this absurd proposal goes through. 

This. And drop inane questions to the two people on Accies Arseholes or whatever it is called.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We could make the segregation one line of seats smaller and charge that line of seats the same as away fans.

Good effort, but I don't believe that would be allowed unless you made the whole stand the same price.

1 hour ago, The Merse said:

Unfortunately I agree.

Our away support in most games is better than your average top flight team but isn't particularly massive in a lot of games.

True, bar a few league games I only go to away games in the cup. This will become a rule for me if we are shafted by SPFL. 

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Its a bit of a stretch to say rules are being made up.

It looks like they are looking to find a solution within the rules and propose options including league reconstruction to resolve any fallout.

You could put forward a proposal to remove the criteria for away fans to be charge the same as home fans for broadly comparable seats though

Ayr chariman saying he will back the end as is. So we would be relying on both Dundee and ICT along with Partick voting against it for the Championship to scupper it.

Just now, Australis...... said:

What happens with the play off places?

Currently it would be Hamilton v Inverness

Scrapped. And no it wouldn't necessarily be those teams. 3rd and 4th play each other then the winner would play 2nd. Then the winner would play 11th.

Edited by hughesie27

Unknown user
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Why can't you get it into your thick skull that we had plenty of games left to not finish bottom ?

Who is to say we couldn't do it ? 

You and some other planks obviously.

Looking for a refund as well. Utterly contemptible. 

Just stirring, as usual.

No one's ever deserved relegation after 30 games and we're not starting with Hearts.

3fingersreid
29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I’m being a bit tongue in cheek as I’m aware that prices are set . That said if they can change the rules to suit , it surely opens a can of worms for any future issues 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Only if you stop talking about the subject. 

That’s censorship, we are supposed to be a democracy 😜.

Just to be clear i think the vote is already passed. It is clear they know how the vote is going to go and have positioned it accordingly.

The only escape is league reconstruction and i think that has absolutely no chance of flying based on the quotes being made by clubs.

Happy to go at them for civil damages if we have a case but im inclined to think that is also now unlikely based on Doncasters comments and nothing from AB since the initial threat.

I suspect lawyers have told her there is unlikely to be a positive outcome.

Depressing shit.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Just to be clear i think the vote is already passed. It is clear they know how the vote is going to go and have positioned it accordingly.

The only escape is league reconstruction and i think that has absolutely no chance of flying based on the quotes being made by clubs.

Happy to go at them for civil damages if we have a case but im inclined to think that is also now unlikely based on Doncasters comments and nothing from AB since the initial threat.

Depressing shit.

I actually don't care if it is unlikely or not; we HAVE to call bullshit on this in the courts. Anything else is a dereliction of duty.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Why can't you get it into your thick skull that we had plenty of games left to not finish bottom ?

Who is to say we couldn't do it ? 

You and some other planks obviously.

Looking for a refund as well. Utterly contemptible. 

Of course the season is over now, so we see what transpires.

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Depressing shit.

I agree - i believe that the lower leagues have already agreed.  Now it needs to SPL to agree.  AB and others need to work hard to try and change the minds of a few. 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Just stirring, as usual.

No one's ever deserved relegation after 30 games and we're not starting with Hearts.

Correct.

I just don't get the attitude by some so called Hearts fans on here that are champing on the bit to see us relegated.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If we get relegated we should invoke Article 12

Absolutely.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, frankblack said:

Correct.

I just don't get the attitude by some so called Hearts fans on here that are champing on the bit to see us relegated.

They seem to get their jollies wanting this.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Correct.

Because they aren't Hearts fans. Most probably vermin.

2 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

If that’s the decision then there are a lot of positives 

Empty all the fraud players 

Hibs won’t know what to do with themselves without hearts being there 

Teams will suffer on a year when they could really do with the hearts support

tv deals less likely to invest without another few derbies a year

If they decide to shoot themselves in the foot and relegate hearts on an unfinished season I’ll enjoy every minute when it goes down the sink. Great opportunity to freshen things up on the Scottish league but if they just want to bend over to please celtic it’ll all come back to bite them. 

This is the kind of chat we heard from Rangers supporters when they were bring sent down the leagues.

It all turned out to be hot air. 

Hagar the Horrible

On one hand you have the Celtic model of mutually assured destruction, where they want crowned champions at all costs and hope we are relegated and Sevco go bust trying to stop 10iar They know no shame and are happy with any tainted title.

On the other hand; Rangers to whom we have to get into bed with as we have a shared goal?  Stop Celtic winning the league and keeping us up.  Make no mistake they want the dosh coming in too, but are just hopeful this lockdown will end soon and we can play out this season, buy time until the season ticket money rolls in.

The rest of the league wants the dosh in now, and are happy to go with the Celtic proposal as they don’t care about Celtics bragging rights over Rangers, they all need the cash in now.  Celtics model is just a threat that the league won’t be played out and null and void is to costly, so by just calling it the clubs get their ill-gotten gains while dothing their cap to Celtic.  Celtic are using this model as a ransom demand.  And lets face it the smaller clubs won’t face relegation this season guaranteed (County, Hamilton and St Liedown) in particular and next season the status quo will be maintained as the league might start late but start never the less.

We just want to stay up at all costs.  So what?

The Celtic model is being threatened as the support us or else!  And Reconstruction won’t even be discussed and we no longer get a say…it’s a carve up make no mistake.

The Rangers model at least recognises the financial implications of us going down including TV and sponsorship.  However, if they can block the Celtic model they can easily push through their model and get just enough votes to make that the only option left  Then everything is back on the cards and clubs will be forced to vote the other way by including Reconstruction, Paying the dosh out now but equally ensuring this season is played out eventually.  However, they are in denial about the impact of next season. Their statement o’clock is pleasing to us, but make no mistake its being seen to protect all others and they look like the  philanthropist but the reality is they are the beggars in a borrowed suit,  with the bailiffs at the door!

Hibs want to delay matters as they know the right thing to do is support the Rangers model but equally know their fans will spit the dummy.  So can’t look like they will vote one way or the other.

My model is based on a lengthy return to football, lots of clubs hit badly and the survivors all form a new league that does not include Celtic regardless of how well off they still are!  Drive bigotry out in one swoop, and drag it into the 19th century and let it catch up to the 21st

Ending the season after 30 games is ****ing bullshit.  If we were top of the league I wouldn't even want the league title after that number of games, would be a hollow championship and would forever have a * beside our name. 

It has to either be voided or played to a conclusion.

We should refuse to vote as it is a total ****ing joke. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

On one hand you have the Celtic model of mutually assured destruction, where they want crowned champions at all costs and hope we are relegated and Sevco go bust trying to stop 10iar They know no shame and are happy with any tainted title.

On the other hand; Rangers to whom we have to get into bed with as we have a shared goal?  Stop Celtic winning the league and keeping us up.  Make no mistake they want the dosh coming in too, but are just hopeful this lockdown will end soon and we can play out this season, buy time until the season ticket money rolls in.

The rest of the league wants the dosh in now, and are happy to go with the Celtic proposal as they don’t care about Celtics bragging rights over Rangers, they all need the cash in now.  Celtics model is just a threat that the league won’t be played out and null and void is to costly, so by just calling it the clubs get their ill-gotten gains while dothing their cap to Celtic.  Celtic are using this model as a ransom demand.  And lets face it the smaller clubs won’t face relegation this season guaranteed (County, Hamilton and St Liedown) in particular and next season the status quo will be maintained as the league might start late but start never the less.

We just want to stay up at all costs.  So what?

The Celtic model is being threatened as the support us or else!  And Reconstruction won’t even be discussed and we no longer get a say…it’s a carve up make no mistake.

The Rangers model at least recognises the financial implications of us going down including TV and sponsorship.  However, if they can block the Celtic model they can easily push through their model and get just enough votes to make that the only option left  Then everything is back on the cards and clubs will be forced to vote the other way by including Reconstruction, Paying the dosh out now but equally ensuring this season is played out eventually.  However, they are in denial about the impact of next season. Their statement o’clock is pleasing to us, but make no mistake its being seen to protect all others and they look like the  philanthropist but the reality is they are the beggars in a borrowed suit,  with the bailiffs at the door!

Hibs want to delay matters as they know the right thing to do is support the Rangers model but equally know their fans will spit the dummy.  So can’t look like they will vote one way or the other.

My model is based on a lengthy return to football, lots of clubs hit badly and the survivors all form a new league that does not include Celtic regardless of how well off they still are!  Drive bigotry out in one swoop, and drag it into the 19th century and let it catch up to the 21st

Regardless of motive, what Rangers are proposing is 100% correct

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Would we care if any other team was bottom? 

I wouldn't ultimately care, but I'd like to think if we were mid table with nothing to gain or lose we would vote against Celtic being handed the titles and a team like Partick being relegated.

Edited by hughesie27

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, David McCaig said:

Regardless of motive, what Rangers are proposing is 100% correct

Very true but I still prefer mine:greggy:

SectionDJambo
28 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Good effort, but I don't believe that would be allowed unless you made the whole stand the same price.

I'm sure there's a reason, but why were Celtic and Rangers able to start charging £50 to the away fans for their bigotfests?

Can't remember which one did it first, but I don't think they charged the home end the same. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

10 in a row is a dead duck. It's probably around 9.82 in a row but I'm no mathematician. 

Stick that up yer hoops, ya shower of paraffin lamps. 

Hopefully the Huns pick up on this, mind you they are as dense as the other lot.

It would be 8.79 in a row as it stands.

The chances of Celtic losing the title in the last 8 games would be very long. Not impossible, but highly improbable.

If we cannot complete the season within an acceptable timeframe, I'd give Celtic the title, with an asterisk to denote that the season was curtailed early because of the Pandemic.

There should also probably be laid out that the precedent going forward is that a minimum of 57% of games in a 12 team league (22 games, played (1 home and 1 away)) to determining final league positions, otherwise the season would be null and void.

I'd also agree to a league reconstruction for 1 season to offset those not given the opportunity to resolve final league positions i.e. 14 team leage, 6/8 split after 26 games, 3 teams automatically relegated and 4th bottom to play 2nd top of the championship in a play off.

Then revert to the 12 team league the following season.

Sorry if this has already been quoted but Jesus Christ can the old firm punditry next anymore biased or non relevant. Yes they are the team who misses out the most. 
let’s just forget about every other team. 
I sometimes agree with Sutton but the man a another typical Celtic asslicker. 

5CDA4D83-0588-4B54-A5F4-006827A96D11.png

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I wouldn't ultimately care, but I'd like to think if we were mid table with nothing to gain or lose we would vote against Celtic being handed the titles and a team like Partick being relegated.

I’d happily vote for it if Hibs were bottom. It’s shameful if they relegate us though. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Alloa also in relegation battle in the Championship 

Not on SPFL Board but their chairman is an SFA vice president and as we know the SFA and SPFL don't concoct things together.  :)

If that's what you were getting at. 

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It would be 8.79 in a row as it stands.

The chances of Celtic losing the title in the last 8 games would be very long. Not impossible, but highly improbable.

If we cannot complete the season within an acceptable timeframe, I'd give Celtic the title, with an asterisk to denote that the season was curtailed early because of the Pandemic.

There should also probably be laid out that the precedent going forward is that a minimum of 57% of games in a 12 team league (22 games, played (1 home and 1 away)) to determining final league positions, otherwise the season would be null and void.

I'd also agree to a league reconstruction for 1 season to offset those not given the opportunity to resolve final league positions i.e. 14 team leage, 6/8 split after 26 games, 3 teams automatically relegated and 4th bottom to play 2nd top of the championship in a play off.

Then revert to the 12 team league the following season.

Can you email that to Doncaster please? 

Good post. 

IveSeenTheLight
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I'm sure there's a reason, but why were Celtic and Rangers able to start charging £50 to the away fans for their bigotfests?

Can't remember which one did it first, but I don't think they charged the home end the same. 

Just had a wee look.

It looks like SevCo have / had a season ticket which would exclude the cheeks games, but you could pay additional to have the games included.

Presumably this was to justify the increase for the away fans for those games.

It was just a quick check though

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Sorry if this has already been quoted but Jesus Christ can the old firm punditry next anymore biased or non relevant. Yes they are the team who misses out the most. 
let’s just forget about every other team. 
I sometimes agree with Sutton but the man a another typical Celtic asslicker. 

5CDA4D83-0588-4B54-A5F4-006827A96D11.png

He missed this bit out ..."If only Celtic hating Covid victims would stop dying we could get the season restarted and allow Celtic their tilt at another treble". 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )