Planning for a "Behind Closed Doors" end to season ?..

Midloth_Iain

Midloth_Iain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52161561?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland&link_location=live-reporting-story

Uefa has lifted the ban on showing games starting at 15:00 on a Saturday live on TV in England and Scotland.

The move comes after requests from the Football Association and the Scottish Football Association amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

It is seen as the first move towards restarting some domestic competitions in the UK behind closed doors.

The blackout has long been in place during the English and Scottish season to protect attendances.

In a statement, Uefa said: "Uefa has lifted the 'blocked hours' protection granted to England and Scotland for the remainder of the 2019-20 season following requests from the relevant national associations as a result of measures taken in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• Hungry hippo

• Pasquale for King

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Associations are in a bit of an argument with the TV and Gambling Companies. They want their monies worth or, they want reimbursed for the unfulfilled fixtures apparently. That is why none of the FA's have taken a decision yet to void a season even though they sure as hell know that the chances of finishing this season are slim.

They are under the thumb and if there is a way around this, they'll try it. 

1 minute ago, Nicholas Brody said:

What are they not getting? 

Exactly.

The sooner we get back to eating bats and squirrels, the sooner we get our football back.

:qqb004:

It’s over. The sooner the dickheads that run the game here get that through their obtuse skulls the better.  

I think it will happen.

First the free Hearts TV for season ticket holders and now the ability to show it to UK subscribers from the conventional 3pm slot as the TV blackout rules have been relaxed.

I predict next there'll be some relaxing of rules on adverts as this'll be key to recouping lost revenue. Maybe they'll allow on pitch ads like rugby, a few more strip sponsors, ads on screen when the ball is out of play etc.

Just wish they would realise the season is over.

Football is the same as any other pastime.Your indoors for 3 months at least.

There are people dying all over the world,that should be the main concern.

Edited by benny

The “closed doors” idea is a nonsense. Complete non-starter. 

They’ll still be arresting dog walkers in the Pentlands in June, so **** knows how anyone thinks there can be a compressed schedule professional football matches over the summer, even with no crowds in the stands. 

jamboinglasgow

It feels like a stand off between the leagues and UEFA on one side, and  the TV companies on the other. I dont anyone comes out of it looking good when they are potentially putting players lives and others at risk because they may play to get the money.

Football has come out of this looking pretty poor and greedy, other sports have been open and prepared to deal with it.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Exactly.

The sooner we get back to eating bats and squirrels, the sooner we get our football back.

Yeah but we'll all catch coronovirus.   That's how this thing started 

13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It feels like a stand off between the leagues and UEFA on one side, and  the TV companies on the other. I dont anyone comes out of it looking good when they are potentially putting players lives and others at risk because they may play to get the money.

Football has come out of this looking pretty poor and greedy, other sports have been open and prepared to deal with it.

I keep hearing and reading sporting Integrity, absolute tosh it’s money and self interest that’s all it’s ever about,

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, qferryjam said:

I keep hearing and reading sporting Integrity, absolute tosh it’s money and self interest that’s all it’s ever about,

Exactly, sporting integrity is a phrase that is so overused and means only what the person wants it to mean to suit their argument.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

The Associations are in a bit of an argument with the TV and Gambling Companies. They want their monies worth or, they want reimbursed for the unfulfilled fixtures apparently. That is why none of the FA's have taken a decision yet to void a season even though they sure as hell know that the chances of finishing this season are slim.

They are under the thumb and if there is a way around this, they'll try it. 

The footballing world is making a total tit of themselves during this full thing. Coming across as the heartless and money focused dictators they are. 

5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Who the **** is insuring the players in that scenario?

Which players ? This seasons team or next seasons ? what happens if these games go ahead and a player reports having corona? who’s then isolated the whole team and opposition referees and coaches and for how long.

This whole thing is bizarre most big events in June are now being cancelled or postponed 

2 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Which players ? This seasons team or next seasons ? what happens if these games go ahead and a player reports having corona? who’s then isolated the whole team and opposition referees and coaches and for how long.

This whole thing is bizarre most big events in June are now being cancelled or postponed 

Exactly. It’s absolutely ****ing mental. 

colinmaroon

Play end of season in August or even September,  then play each other twice next season, with end of season tourney if necessary for revenue (pooled). The NHS CUP, format TBA according to time available.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, RENE said:

Yeah but we'll all catch coronovirus.   That's how this thing started 

Nah, just make sure they are fully cooked. 

Scrumptious 

39 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The footballing world is making a total tit of themselves during this full thing. Coming across as the heartless and money focused dictators they are. 

This is Capitalism. Football made a deal with the devil and now he wants his souls. :laugh2:

The TV Companies are losing money hand over fist, no ads, no viewers = no money. They will see this as absolute prime time coverage. Everyone's in their house and the only way we can watch fitbaw is on the telly. :laugh2:

The EPL folding would be fecking :glorious:

2 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

What are they not getting? 

Money.  That's what they're not getting. 

It is their God and they worship it with everything they've got.

They'd play games in my bedroom if it brought TV and the advertisers back.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This is Capitalism. Football made a deal with the devil and now he wants his souls. :laugh2:

The TV Companies are losing money hand over fist, no ads, no viewers = no money. They will see this as absolute prime time coverage. Everyone's in their house and the only way we can watch fitbaw is on the telly. :laugh2:

The EPL folding would be fecking :glorious:

The EPL imploding would be incredible. 

Pasquale for King

I’m not sure who the bigger bunch of clowns are.

Our bear bet of not being relegated is for the season not to be finished, unless it’s at a time where we can sign new players. As long as Murray hasn’t lined them up of course.

As long as the players stay 2m apart it will be fine. Like a game of table football.

6 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

As long as the players stay 2m apart it will be fine. Like a game of table football.

Subbuteo?

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Exactly.

True, i could murder a pangolin myself

9 hours ago, kila said:

I think it will happen.

First the free Hearts TV for season ticket holders and now the ability to show it to UK subscribers from the conventional 3pm slot as the TV blackout rules have been relaxed.

I predict next there'll be some relaxing of rules on adverts as this'll be key to recouping lost revenue. Maybe they'll allow on pitch ads like rugby, a few more strip sponsors, ads on screen when the ball is out of play etc.

I don't disagree with the general idea you suggest - but the biggest problem the bigger clubs will have is they would need to alter their streaming service to cope with demand which will incur costs. 

I'd be inclined to partner with one of the broadcasters on this (eg. BT have Sport Extra 1-6 channels) and on the condition they make it available for free (like their champions league final coverage). They have the experience of doing this and doing it well.

40 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Subbuteo?

The one with the bars, where the players can't move near each other. It's the only safe way.

David McCaig
9 hours ago, Zico said:

Who the **** is insuring the players in that scenario?

Who is designating the players as key workers? As things currently stand they would be arrested on the way to the match.

Dirty Deeds

They'll still need police to prevent fans milling about near the ground and ambulance should a player get a serious injury or head knock. 

It's crazy but their eyes clearly remain on the money.

I don’t see the issue with playing behind closed doors.

Test on all participants etc it could work.

I think seeing some games on the TV would boost a lot of people’s morale.

7 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Tbf our defence has been practicing this for 18 months 

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Once more 100% agree. 

They clearly live on a different planet to the rest of us. 

Seymour M Hersh

I don't see any issue with them planning for this option. The issue would arise if they tried to go ahead with games behind closed doors without a relaxation in the house arrests happening from the government first.  

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Blackshades

gettng a football season finished is the bottom of I couldn't give a shit list .my only real concern is to get my family and friends  through this crap safely

maroonsgotop
11 hours ago, benny said:

Just wish they would realise the season is over.

Football is the same as any other pastime.Your indoors for 3 months at least.

There are people dying all over the world,that should be the main concern.

sadly their decision will be based on money

It isn't going to happen - this season is over.  I do not think there will be any major sporting events until at least Spetember/October, maybe not even until next year.

41 minutes ago, Rods said:

I don’t see the issue with playing behind closed doors.

Test on all participants etc it could work.

I think seeing some games on the TV would boost a lot of people’s morale.

It still needs a lot of people working to produce a televised closed doors game.

Anyway the amount of blood sweat and saliva twenty two players plus substitutes would make rules this out. 

TV companies and Football clubs will just need to bite the bullet and stfu and not damage their reputation any further. 

Hungry hippo

There will come a point when a phased reduction of measures is requested by the government and it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was part of it.

It could months sway but a phased return towards normality will be attempted at some point.

11 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Play end of season in August or even September,  then play each other twice next season, with end of season tourney if necessary for revenue (pooled). The NHS CUP, format TBA according to time available.

As part of this post Covid19 society reset, align at ninimum to incoming EU rules that wealth held offshore must be declared.

If you have wealth, companies registered or significant interests registered offshore you cannot

Be an MP in Westminster or any of the devolved parliaments

Take a place in the House of Lords

Receive an honour from the Queen

If you already have an honour, it is removed.

For starters.

I've no confidence in the selfishness of much of the human race.

Edited by DETTY29

bean counter

Football is first and foremost about the fans, well it should be, not the money.

My season ticket along with all other season tickets holders of all clubs allows me access to all home league games. 

I can't see how the SFA\SPFL can stop me from attending a game because they want to ensure their income is not cut

No season ticket holder will claim against their club because they did not play the number of games they expected when they bought their season ticket, but I for one would want to claim against the SFA\SPFL if they prevented Hearts from allowing me to attend a home league game soley to make money.

Playing behind closed doors is a sanction used against bad behaviour. What if 5,000 fans turn up outside the ground don't think the police would be too pleased ? PSG fans did

willie wallace

No fans no football.I have said it before but still maintain there is  no point in having games without fans even in these trying times.

Either play this season to an end when this is over and reform next season or declare this null and void.

I am sure that Fraser Wishart had said the players will not play behind closed doors .

2 hours ago, Blackshades said:

gettng a football season finished is the bottom of I couldn't give a shit list .my only real concern is to get my family and friends  through this crap safely

One thousand times this!  

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Social distancing will mean a game of long bangy to decide it's official. 

can we recall berra for it?