Unwashed using furlough

doctor jambo

8 hours ago, super_vlad said:

They are also making up the other 20% and making sure all their employees are all paid up in full. 

Its fair better than what the rest have done

That will open up a can of worms as if club are still paying 20% they don't qualify 

I presume the wage issue is nowhere near as challenging down Kerrydale St as the hand-washing recommendations.

I too have been appalled by the lack of empathy shown by footballers so far however, bizarre as it may seem, the UK government may prefer for the highly paid to keep doing so. A Celtic player on £30k/wk is paying (personally and via the team in employers NI) £936,000 in tax and NI per year, 60% of the top line figure! If they half their wage the payment to the government drops to £460,000 per year. It seems the club is the one suffering the most by paying full salary. This all assumes they are not up to any tax dogging shenanigans a la the rangers.

Montgomery Brewster
4 hours ago, km7bhf said:

I too have been appalled by the lack of empathy shown by footballers so far however, bizarre as it may seem, the UK government may prefer for the highly paid to keep doing so. A Celtic player on £30k/wk is paying (personally and via the team in employers NI) £936,000 in tax and NI per year, 60% of the top line figure! If they half their wage the payment to the government drops to £460,000 per year. It seems the club is the one suffering the most by paying full salary. This all assumes they are not up to any tax dogging shenanigans a la the rangers.

Nowhere near that amount of tax being paid. Vast majority of these players will be piling money into their personal pensions which they get to take when they ‘retire’ from work. I.e. in their 30’s

1 hour ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Nowhere near that amount of tax being paid. Vast majority of these players will be piling money into their personal pensions which they get to take when they ‘retire’ from work. I.e. in their 30’s

The maximum they can put into a pension is £40k per year and they can’t access it until 55. It wouldn’t surprise me if there are other tax efficiency measures being taken but there are no fully legitimate options. Even EBTS were not deemed illegal at the time but we’re clearly highly suspect and HMRC were able to get  the law changed and back date it to collect the tax or force bankruptcy.

18 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Very surprised that they would even consider taking British Governmentt money.. Thought the irish scheme coverd them.

haha yes 

1 hour ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

What pensions are these? Even SIPPs (my favourite) are £40k a year. You then cant access it until 55. You can have as many pensions as you like but the limits are the same. The lifetime amount is also just over £1m. 

15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I know we have a Tory government. But the public reaction will lead to new windfall taxes. 

For example on profits of Premiership clubs and on dividend payments. 

It absolutely wont. 

Montgomery Brewster
46 minutes ago, km7bhf said:

The maximum they can put into a pension is £40k per year and they can’t access it until 55. It wouldn’t surprise me if there are other tax efficiency measures being taken but there are no fully legitimate options. Even EBTS were not deemed illegal at the time but we’re clearly highly suspect and HMRC were able to get  the law changed and back date it to collect the tax or force bankruptcy.

Depends their age.

https://www.sjpp.co.uk/oconnorwm/pictures/SJP2052-0408.pdf