Unwashed using furlough

doctor jambo

doctor jambo

Celtic are using the govt scheme to pay their non playing staff, whist NOT asking to players to take cuts.

pretty disgusting

Over to you boyd and co

Mid Calder Jambo
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Celtic are using the govt scheme to pay their non playing staff, whist NOT asking to players to take cuts.

pretty disgusting

Over to you boyd and co

Very surprised that they would even consider taking British Governmentt money.. Thought the irish scheme coverd them.

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

pretty disgusting

Over to you boyd and co

Hibs are doing the same. 

Deferred payments are not cuts. 

At the end of the day Hibs players will have received full pay while they scrounge of the state to pay other workers. 

SectionDJambo

We can only imagine the reaction of the Sun and Record, and others, if Hearts had furloughed the non playing staff to keep paying players full whack, before anybody else.

It is unbelievable how Hearts are being attacked for trying to do the right thing, and not screw the government financial help, whilst Hibs and Celtic with be lauded as stand up people.

It is beyond rational thought, and hard not to think there is mischief making going on.

it is despicable what they and currently english teams are doing. clubs like spurs furloughing their non playing staff with govt money yet still paying players 100ks per week. clubs doing that should be heavily taxed once things get better. i would say for EPL teams £100M maybe more

Furloughing staff is the correct business decision.  Might as well use what assistance is available.

However, given that this is a club who don't even recognise British Summer Time (they use some Celticky equivalent) its pretty ironic.

30 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

pretty disgusting

Over to you boyd and co

Has this been confirmed?

34 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Furloughing staff is the correct business decision.  Might as well use what assistance is available.

However, given that this is a club who don't even recognise British Summer Time (they use some Celticky equivalent) its pretty ironic.

They are doing this whilst not cutting player’s wages though.

As bad as the EPL clubs that many of their fans are probably slating. They have players on £20-30k per week, but expect the government to bail them out in paying the wee guy who sells tickets for £9 an hour.

I swear, this has brought out an even uglier side to modern football than I've ever seen before. As much as I miss going to see Hearts etc. I just feel so disjointed right now from the game.

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Any club like Celtic who have MASSIVE cash reserves should be told to bolt

This is what people are saying about Tottenham.

On the other hand

joondalupjambo
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Any club like Celtic who have MASSIVE cash reserves should be told to bolt

Yeah let them drain the cash reserves and keep paying players 100%, see how long that lasts and works out for them.

I thought Lennon was quoted last week as saying that they expect players wage cuts.

I expect songs of support from the green brigade in favour of the british government after this. 

Edited by GinRummy

Toxteth O'Grady
39 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Relying on the British government. 

Haha.

They have no shame

British when it comes to a European Cup and a bailout.

Britain-hating the rest of the time.

Scum.

At board level, Celtic have probably been the most pro British Government team in Britain. 

Their Chairman Ian Bankier is a massive feckin Tory and they had former Defence Sec John Reid as Chairman before him. :laugh2:

Edited by Cruyff

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

pretty disgusting

Over to you boyd and co

They are also making up the other 20% and making sure all their employees are all paid up in full. 

Its fair better than what the rest have done

Just now, Gorgiewave said:

British when it comes to a European Cup and a bailout.

Britain-hating the rest of the time.

Scum.

Correct.

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, super_vlad said:

They are also making up the other 20% and making sure all their employees are all paid up in full. 

A real charitable club. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

A real charitable club. 

Again, better than the rest so far who have binned their staff and let the government pick up all the tab.

Do you think it makes a difference to these employees who pays their wages? or what the players are on compared to them? 

To expect your staff to take a pay cut where none is taken by the players is immortal, leave your pity bitterness at the door. 

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

At board level, Celtic have probably been the most pro British Government team in Britain. 

Their Chairman Ian Bankier is a massive feckin Tory and they had former Defence Sec John Reid as Chairman before him. :laugh2:

Don't forget Sir Rod Stewart and former speaker of the House of Commons Michael Martin. 

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, super_vlad said:

Again, better than the rest so far who have binned their staff and let the government pick up all the tab.

Do you think it makes a difference to these employees who pays their wages? or what the players are on compared to them? 

To expect your staff to take a pay cut where none is taken by the players is immortal, leave your pity bitterness at the door. 

THink you missed the point.

They could afford it

they have huge cash reserves

they are paying some people over a million a year

tax payers are now paying their staff so they can keep money for transfers

20 minutes ago, super_vlad said:

It’s like saying Marks and Spencer’s have done better than your local grocers at something. 

12 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Don't forget Sir Rod Stewart and former speaker of the House of Commons Michael Martin. 

Aye, exactly. Their fans are one thing, at board level they are the most pro British establishment club you'll find. The only reason they let their fans act in the manner they do is because sectarianism = £ and that's all they give a **** about. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Relying on the British government. 

Haha.

Tbh, it's all a sham. 

Lowel is about as Irish as captain J T Kirk Of the starship enterprise. 

He's a tory donar (or was as well). 

It's a good thing the furlough for many reasons, but if a business can continue pay millions of pounds in other wages it should not be allowed to use the scheme. 

It's designed to help employees stay employed and have money to pay for things like food, rent and bills, helps employers with no business plan and stay a float and will also help the economy kick start.

Companies using it to save a few Bob while still paying thier top earners are absolute *****. 

Just wait until all the shareholders get thier money and bonuses as well soon across the UK. 

Shambles. 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, exactly. Their fans are one thing, at board level they are the most pro British establishment club you'll find. The only reason they let their fans act in the manner they do is because sectarianism = £ and that's all they give a **** about. 

What he said. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, super_vlad said:

That is OK Tbf, but they do have the means to do that. 

Many clubs and businesses do not. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, it's all a sham. 

Lowel is about as Irish as captain J T Kirk Of the starship enterprise. 

He's a tory donar (or was as well). 

It's a good thing the furlough for many reasons, but if a business can continue pay millions of pounds in other wages it should not be allowed to use the scheme. 

It's designed to help employees stay employed and have money to pay for things like food, rent and bills, helps employers with no business plan and stay a float and will also help the economy kick start.

Companies using it to save a few Bob while still paying thier top earners are absolute *****. 

Just wait until all the shareholders get thier money and bonuses as well soon across the UK. 

Shambles. 

This

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

A real charitable club. 

But everyone is getting paid in full, which is the point...no?

Personally I don’t think a business that can pay employees in excess of £1m per year should be taking money meant for the less fortunate, but that’s the way it is.  

edit: think Smiths Right Boot is saying the same. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

I know we have a Tory government. But the public reaction will lead to new windfall taxes. 

For example on profits of Premiership clubs and on dividend payments. 

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Sectarianism is their business, without it they'd be much poorer. It's Scottish football's disgrace.

Greedy Jambo

I'm sure Celtic will be topping up their non playing staffs wages to make it 100% if they're paying their players full wages. 

Any club would be foolish not to use the 80% gov scheme. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Check out all the folk using the world "FURLOUGH" like they had even heard of it 3 weeks ago. 

Thankfully most folk hadn't, so what though? It's been in the news nearly every day for 2 weeks.

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, super_vlad said:

Give us peace. They were shamed into paying their staff the living wage while their first team players were earning £20k a week. Celtic, opponents of all things British but happy for the British government to pick up 80% of their non playing staff wages. A club like no other. Scum. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Greedy Jambo
56 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Thankfully most folk hadn't, so what though? It's been in the news nearly every day for 2 weeks.

Mate, who came up with that word though? infact, why do we need to say anymore words that someone else has came up with?

I've just sharoughed my socks and i'm about to breenaite my pants. 

gtf. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Mate, who came up with that word though? infact, why do we need to say anymore words that someone else has came up with?

I've just sharoughed my socks and i'm about to breenaite my pants. 

gtf. 

I'm assuming you were a cadet before you graduated to being a pirate

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I'm assuming you were a cadet before you graduated to being a pirate

I've actually had to down grade myself from being a general simpleton to just a simpleton to allow the majority on here to communicate with me. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, Space Pirate said:

I've actually had to down grade myself from being a general simpleton to just a simpleton to allow the majority on here to communicate with me. 

You wear it well