*** LOCKDOWN MAFIA ***

Boof

LOCKDOWN MAFIA

It was the best of times (no random meetings with objectionable Old Firm fans), it was the worst of times (nae fitba’).

The town was quiet. Eerily quiet. People were scared to venture out as vigilante hordes pounced upon innocent shoppers, essential workers and vigorous exercisers demanding to know where they’d been, where they were going and what they’d touched en route.

To make matters worse, a gang of ne’er-do-wells were intent on taking over the running of the town to give themselves the cushy lifestyle they felt entitled to. They’d been on something of a mini-rampage and several townspeople were already dead – see player list.

Fighting against the criminal gang were the forces of good – a cop who, fearing nothing, would check one member of the town each night to see if they were as good as they claimed to be. The town doctor had a limited supply of medication. It worked against the virus the goons were intent on spreading but care was needed in its application as too much could result in an overdose.

Not surprisingly there were a couple of masons in cahoots with the cop but, sadly for them, the cop was too busy to attend the lodge so they weren’t quite sure who he/she was. They did listen in to the police radio communications so they were able to find out the same information that the cop discovered each night.

Even more worryingly for the town there was one person intent on killing everyone. The ice-cold assassin was able to knock off the townspeople night by night and could, if he/she was the one remaining citizen, ultimately win the game.

Just a straightforward mafia game

3 Goons

1 Cop

1 Doc

2 Masons

1 Assassin

7 Townies

The Cop investigates one player every night. I will pass the result and name to the Cop and the Masons. I will only post a positive or negative hit on the thread with no name. The Masons can communicate with each other but do not know the identity of the Cop.

The Doc has 5 doses of medication. These will expire after 4 days, after which some more may become available. He/she can choose when to use them – all on night 1 or spread them out over the 4 days. A person medicated on one night cannot receive medication on the following night – overdoses are bad, folks.

The Assassin is out to kill everybody and remain last person standing. Do that and victory is theirs.

The goons nominate a kill every night, they can communicate off thread

The town wins once all goons are killed off and the goons win once they have a majority.

At night I will take and deal with nominations from the Doc, Cop, Goons, Assassin in that order.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Levein and unvote Levein

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you’re doc or cop etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there are enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry “I’ve killed townie type stuff”. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will asks the Mods to give them a ban from the thread - just don’t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

Finally I will Mod kill non-posters and voters unless there is good excuse but will use my discretion.

Remember this is just for fun, don’t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me

Hoping we don’t need deadlines, but if we are to have one I’ll give as much notice as I can.

PLAYER LIST

1 - Bigsmak

2 – Jasper, the town barber - DEAD

3 - Geoff Kilpatrick

4 - Marvin

5 - Derek from Stenhouse

6 - milky_26

7 - Smack

8 - Shapes

9 - Bunny Munro

10 - Yvonnejambo

11 - Rudi Skacel

12 - jambosean75

13 - swavkav

14 - Groot (afka MalkyMcFrench)

15 - Iantjambo

16 – Auld Ethel the lollipop lady from number 26 - DEAD

17 – Christopher, the pieshop salesman - DEAD

18 - VladMagic

19 – Betty, the canteen lady at the local primary school - DEAD

20 – Stevie, the well-known dogging enthusiast – DEAD

21 – Alexis, the town’s dominatrix - DEAD

Need to hear from @Derek From Stenhouse so I can get him PM-ed.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• milky_26

• iantjambo

• yvonnejambo

Rudi Skacel

Id use BS. Seems logical. Been about 5 years so forget any strategy i used to have. 

anyway vote swavkav just cos!

Rudi Skacel

Btw, who was it who was either running a game, or posted in the game (but was a participant) who actually counted everyones posts they made instead of just clicking and finding out hah? Little memory popping back there

Geoff Kilpatrick

When was the last time we played?

Anyway, I have no role and I'd use BS.

vote Vlad Magic. He smells.

vote Bunny

I did post in the wrong thread first time.

Oh I'd use BS if I was the cop but no I'm not sadly.

7 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Id use BS. Seems logical. Been about 5 years so forget any strategy i used to have. 

anyway vote swavkav just cos!

Thanks 

anyway, how do I vote in bold ( using iPhone) 

Its been far too long since we played this.  Personally I usually vote Yvonne or Bev in the first round, so em

Vote YvonneJambo  (what are pals for eh~!)

yvonnejambo

Afternoon everyone. I would use BS if I was cop but I’m just a simple townie and looking forward to becoming suspicious of all of you 🤔😆. Will save voting for a bit till everyone has checked in.

yvonnejambo
14 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Its been far too long since we played this.  Personally I usually vote Yvonne or Bev in the first round, so em

Vote YvonneJambo  (what are pals for eh~!)

hhmm thanks 🤨

Hey folks, if I was the cop I’d use BS but I’m not yadda yadda yadda

vote Jambosean

Before he realised who I am and votes me 

12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I think its unlimited but one per night.

Didn’t the assassin only get 3 kills per game that they could use anytime?

Just now, iantjambo said:

Didn’t the assassin only get 3 kills per game that they could use anytime?

sounds familiar....

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

By the way. What time is deadline?

Just about to ask as I might get lynched as I sleep :laugh:

jambosean75

vote covid 19

furloughed and i'm bored out my skull.

don't think the 80% thing is going to cover my bills and after being told by my work to pick up some agency work, they're now saying not to do it as it would make us ineligible for the scheme.

• Maple Leaf pinned this topic
33 minutes ago, Groot said:

Nice set up Boof, one question does the assassin have a limited number of kills?

Hmm...good question. Haven't got an answer yet.

I think with only 15 people playing that the assassin is unlikely to get many more than 3 kills in anyway before the game is finished so I'm inclined to give him/her unlimited but only one per night and we can see how that works out.

If it turns out catastrophic then the next game moderator can revisit the idea.

is there a way to see how many posts people have in this thread? i know on older versions of jkb you could click the replies and it would list them. cant do that now

Rudi Skacel

It was just 3 kills per game for the assasain. This game could be a bloodbath with the goons and assasain killing every night!

Surely if we dont limit the kills then this could be over in like 2/3 days without any proper time for theorisng etc?

With no deadlines there's ample time for theorising - unless the game stagnates. That's up to you guys.

I still think that the assassin will be toiling to get much more than 3 kills in anyway - there's only 15 folk playing.

If it all goes bosoms skywards - next game moderator take note. :D

Current vote count

Marvin 2

swavkav 1

VladMagic 1

Bunny Munro 1

Smack 1

Groot 1

Rudi Skacel 1

yvonnejambo 1

jambosean75 1

iantjambo 1

Geoff Kilpatrick 1

@Derek From Stenhouse has no votes yet as nobody knows he's playing!

'Mon bud - empty yer PM box.

Good start so far - random voting, old scores being settled and some bitching at the referee :lol:

Could be worse - I could've appointed an SFA referee.

boof with your passing the buck if the assassins role goes badly means you would be a perfect candidate for a SFA ref

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

also when is the bar open

barkeep

barkeep

barkeeeeeeep

Jeez - someone else, eh? Don't want to be accused of showing favouritism to anyone! :lol:

Also, we might need a replacement for Jasper or everyone's going to be Stendelesque in the coiffure department.

Nice to be back in town. I'd use bs but that's not an option since I'm a mere townsperson. 

Vote Derek

.. for now

14 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Btw, who was it who was either running a game, or posted in the game (but was a participant) who actually counted everyones posts they made instead of just clicking and finding out hah? Little memory popping back there

Can someone remind me what you click for the post count? 

2 minutes ago, Smack said:

Accidentally clicked on Bunny's profile trying to figure it out, promise I wasn't profile stalking for group chat 😐

Rudi Skacel
1 hour ago, Smack said:

It used to be click on the number of replies in the topic list page. I only come on through my mobile now so im not sure how to do it on that!

yvonnejambo
6 hours ago, jambosean75 said:

vote covid 19

furloughed and i'm bored out my skull.

don't think the 80% thing is going to cover my bills and after being told by my work to pick up some agency work, they're now saying not to do it as it would make us ineligible for the scheme.

Looks like I’m going to be in same position sometime next week, been busy with work and volunteering in my community and then got an email today suggesting we are going down the same route 😟

Anyway back to the game. Will have a read through (this is hard on a phone) 

4 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

How long did the old games last then? I really can't remember

I do recall an epic one with maybe 23 players that went on into 70+ pages.

Goons sat back and picked us off - don't think they lost one :( 

Rudi Skacel

Unvote swavkav

vote derek from stenhouse

since he isnt playing yet and it could be a while to get a majority since its the first day!

• jkbmod 9 unpinned this topic