Andrius Velicka

Marvin

Ainsley Harriott

Great player, knew where the back of the net was. Pity he did the weird Norway to rangers thingy. 

My favourite player at the time. Possibly in the top 5 centre forwards we’ve had this century imo, but that might just be the nostalgia talking

Jason Dufner

Really liked him as a player.

Gave 100% and knew where the back of the net was.

Heres Rixxy

Can't have many players certainly in recent history that have scored 2+ goals at Easter Road, Ibrox, and Celtic Park.

19 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

My opinion obviously, but the best Lithuanian we had. 

Miko imo

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Was hugely underrated at the time - probably understandably due to the shit show going on at the time.

35 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Jankauskas was the best we had ability wise but loved velicka, cesnauskas and miko 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
15 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Jankauskas was the best we had ability wise but loved velicka, cesnauskas and miko 

Audrey was underrated too 

Brought in when we had Jankauskas, Pinilla, Bednar and Pospisil already at the club, didn't even make his debut until September, and still finished as our top scorer for the season...

Edited by number-16

Rocky jamboa

For me, he is one of the best natural finishers I've seen in my 40 years or so watching Hearts. I can't think of many better. Robbo and skacel obviously. 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

For me, he is one of the best natural finishers I've seen in my 40 years or so watching Hearts. I can't think of many better. Robbo and skacel obviously. 

Controversial! In terms of our strikers this century, off the top of my head I'd put Velicka behind Kirk, De Vries, Fuller, Sow, Lafferty, Naismith, Jankauskis and Bednar in terms of talent and/or goalscoring. His single season scoring record was about the same as the likes of Isma and Juanma recently. Although I agree his goals reel there makes him look deadly. He was hardly prolific but it was a while before we found another striker who scored 10-12 goals a season after he left. Maybe the Championship season?

He might just seem good in hindsight because our only other strikers when he left were Elliot, Beniuseless and Nade. Maybe Gary Glen too?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Seconded

Great forward, I remember him fondly. He is a rare exception from a long list of our non-scoring strikers.

Over recent times, we have been hopeless at both promoting and recruiting decent forwards. I’ve never really understood why. There’s been plenty of promise from the young lads but they’ve never been able to make the step up.

We’re doing better these days, but I would love us to find a new Robbo.

Edited by Tynieman

For me, the best of the Lithuanian lads. 

Many had no place at HMFC, a few were okay but often got a game regardless of ability or form but Velicka merited every appearance he made for the club.

rudi must stay

Velicka was alright. Nothing better, his all round game was poor. But he was a great finisher that's absolutely right, you always got the feeling he knew where the keeper was which is a very good trait in a striker  

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, martoon said:

Many had no place at HMFC, a few were okay but often got a game regardless of ability or form but Velicka merited every appearance he made for the club.

Can't argue, Miko second 

Jambo, Goodbye
5 hours ago, Jeff said:

His double against Celtic on Halloween was special

The only time I've ever seen us win through there. Was a great night and a healthy Hearts support made the trip. 

Bunny Munro

I think Janky was the best Lithuanian we had. Then Zal, then Velicka.

As others have said his double at Easter Road and Celtic Park were special.

doctor jambo
5 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Big jankauskas

Unknown user
5 hours ago, martoon said:

Hibernian+v+Hearts+Scottish+Cup+Final+Sa

andyscott82

One of the best centre forwards we’ve had at the club in the last few decades. A very good goalscorer. 

9 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

My favourite player at the time. Possibly in the top 5 centre forwards we’ve had this century imo, but that might just be the nostalgia talking

Nah, you're well within your rights to say that.

Between de Vries, and Zeefuik, he was the only real goalscoring centre forward we've had. Certainly knew how to put the ball in the back of the net.

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Miko imo

Always felt like Cesny was the better player, just too inconsistent.

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Always felt like Cesny was the better player, just too inconsistent.

Both brilliant players on their day. How we could do with them ATM. 

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Both brilliant players on their day. How we could do with them ATM. 

Cesny on the left, cutting inside, and Miko on the right with his blistering pace. :wub: 

Saint Jambo

Some great goals in there. I remembered his hit it early finishes catching the keeper out. I'd forgotten that he loved a dink finish.

Also some really excellent assists in there from the likes of Miko, Aguiar, Hartley, Driver and Kingston. What I'd give for some of that creative quality in our midfield.

BerraBelieveit

Great watch that & it puts the current squad in perspective when you see some of the talent we had back then, especially midfield.

Aguiar is rated highly among our support but even then still so under rated imo - some of the one touches pass assists are just quality.

Kingston when he fancied it was also a class act - that run at Ibrox live was something else - the video doesn't do it justice.

As someone mentioned above - to score at least twice at ER, CP & Ibrox at least twice is a massive feat, not to mention an Edinburgh derby winner at Tynie & that penalty at the death to get a point v Celtic - and what a penalty!

Also fantastic seeing majority Hearts in the Roseburn, even vs Aberdeen, and it's not like we were challenging.

Салатные палочки

He was a great finisher.  That volley for the equaliser at ER, I remember thinking "where the **** has this guy came from" and his double at Celtic Park was....

:sweeet:

Салатные палочки
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Zal got us.  I think he was the happiest man in Hampden that day.  

Rocky jamboa
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Controversial! In terms of our strikers this century, off the top of my head I'd put Velicka behind Kirk, De Vries, Fuller, Sow, Lafferty, Naismith, Jankauskis and Bednar in terms of talent and/or goalscoring. His single season scoring record was about the same as the likes of Isma and Juanma recently. Although I agree his goals reel there makes him look deadly. He was hardly prolific but it was a while before we found another striker who scored 10-12 goals a season after he left. Maybe the Championship season?

He might just seem good in hindsight because our only other strikers when he left were Elliot, Beniuseless and Nade. Maybe Gary Glen 

I still reckon velicka was the better natural finisher than the ones you've mentioned, although some of those had more to their game. 

All about opinions I suppose!

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Great photo and now my screensaver. 

Often got frustrated by Zal's errors but, just as often, he was outstanding. Sometimes felt being dropped may have done him the world of good but he really upped his game when Andy Webster returned. Very good defensive partnership. 

Marius is certainly one of the most likeable players to wear maroon. 

1. Velicka 

2. Zal

3. Miko

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, number-16 said:

Brought in when we had Jankauskas, Pinilla, Bednar and Pospisil already at the club, didn't even make his debut until September, and still finished as our top scorer for the season...

Yeah, he was only a trialist in the summer when scored in the Osasuna game. Good player. 

8 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Big jankauskas

It is amazing that we managed to get a player of that quality

gordiegords

jankauskas was quality but i remember him going through a period of utter lazyness and apathy, hardly contributed for a number of weeks, he did seem to sort himself out though and got back to his best, Velicka was a brilliant finisher, those two goals at parkhead, wow.

Fort Vallance
16 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Number 26 for me.

upgotheheads
17 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Great player, knew where the back of the net was. Pity he did the weird Norway to rangers thingy. 

Yup, what was going on there do you reckon? Some kind of fiddle imo.

15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He might just seem good in hindsight because our only other strikers when he left were Elliot, Beniuseless and Nade. Maybe Gary Glen too?

Fuller was easily the best of those for us, but Jankauskis wasn't far behind. We saw Fuller at the start of his career and Jankauskis at the end, so it's difficult to say who was the best player.

Zal, Miko, Chesney, Velicka were all quality. 

Gave an excellent account of themselves during their time with us. 

I wonder if Zal would have finished his career with us (but for administration). 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Zal, Miko, Chesney, Velicka were all quality. 

Gave an excellent account of themselves during their time with us. 

I wonder if Zal would have finished his career with us (but for administration). 

Jankauskis too. Novi had a lot of quality as well. He's gone on to have a good career. Over 50 caps and playing at a good club level still with Legia Warsaw.

Ainsley Harriott
45 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Yup, what was going on there do you reckon? Some kind of fiddle imo.

Fuller was easily the best of those for us, but Jankauskis wasn't far behind. We saw Fuller at the start of his career and Jankauskis at the end, so it's difficult to say who was the best player.

Must have been. No way would Vlad have sold him to rangers and he was in Norway such a short time.

Diadora Van Basten

Bit weird that we had a good striker in a poor team.

Normally we have a good team but no strikers.