clapping for care workers 8pm

Marvin

So who are all going to show our care workers our appreciation by clapping for them at 20.00 tonight? I will be, they've doing a brilliant job under very difficult circumstances. 👏 

Yeh you could hear it all round our West Lothian town. Big shout out too for all the guys and gals working on checkouts and elsewhere in food outlets. The bin men. The posties and couriers. Anybody else taking risks to carry on working to keep the country running to an extent. But especially of course the NHS staff. Every last one of them deserves our heartfelt thanks and admiration. I hope they get free everything for a year when this is over 

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yeh you could hear it all round our West Lothian town. Big shout out too for all the guys and gals working on checkouts and elsewhere in food outlets. The bin men. The posties and couriers. Anybody else taking risks to carry on working to keep the country running to an extent. But especially of course the NHS staff. Every last one of them deserves our heartfelt thanks and admiration. I hope they get free everything for a year when this is over 

Completely agree, it’s not just the NHS that are keeping stuff going. As a nurse, I’m thankful of all those keeping the train chugging along, but equally thankful for those heeding the advice and staying at home. 

However, Not so thankful of those that are so concerned with social distancing that they suddenly step into the road (in front of oncoming traffic) to avoid a fellow pedestrian. Twice in the past two days someone has stepped in front of my car to keep their 2 meters causing me to either swerve or emergency brake. :lol: 

16 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Completely agree, it’s not just the NHS that are keeping stuff going. As a nurse, I’m thankful of all those keeping the train chugging along, but equally thankful for those heeding the advice and staying at home. 

However, Not so thankful of those that are so concerned with social distancing that they suddenly step into the road (in front of oncoming traffic) to avoid a fellow pedestrian. Twice in the past two days someone has stepped in front of my car to keep their 2 meters causing me to either swerve or emergency brake. :lol: 

First of all.......THANKS 🌟

Aye it’s quite comical (Also Potentially dangerous of course) to see folk making an obvious effort to avoid your 2 metre space . it’s just 2 metres mate not the length of a fitba pitch 😂

Edited by JimmyCant

When this is all over we need to keep supporting them and make sure they get the pay they deserve, also when it comes to honours we all know where the OBE and MBE and all other awards Should be going to.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There’s probably another thread you could have posted that in. It’d still be a lot of shite but at least it might be broadly on topic 

It's absolutely on topic. You don't have to agree with it, but it's on topic.

I don't agree either, it's a show of support for the nhs and for those clapping it's a reassuring sign that community and togetherness is still there.

People should stop voting tory if they want to save the NHS though, no arguments there.

Shanks said no

Did it last week as well and much more participation this week in Corstorphine. Mrs F was greeting again. 

Suppose all the emergency services are doing the country great apart from the polis who are quickly going to become the antagonists of the situation publicly.

3 hours ago, SecN said:

Suppose all the emergency services are doing the country great apart from the polis who are quickly going to become the antagonists of the situation publicly.

Not sure what you are trying to say, If your not happy with the polis at the present time I’m going to suggest you get your head out your arse. If everyone realised we are all in this together we will get back to normal quicker. Any time I’m out it looks like there are people trying be above the rules “law” . JUST STAY HOME YOU CRETINS.

27 minutes ago, obua said:

Not sure what you are trying to say, If your not happy with the polis at the present time I’m going to suggest you get your head out your arse. If everyone realised we are all in this together we will get back to normal quicker. Any time I’m out it looks like there are people trying be above the rules “law” . JUST STAY HOME YOU CRETINS.

Well said..the thick ****er's of this nation will only increase lockdown time.

2 hours ago, obua said:

People being threatened by polis in their front garden are cretins? Folk delivery essential goods to their parents or grandparents are cretins? Here's hoping you don't get a fixed penalty or your face sprayed for putting out you wheelie bin. 👍

2 hours ago, Tott said:

Well said..the thick ****er's of this nation will only increase lockdown time.

:facepalm:

highlandjambo3

Put a box of hero’s on the dustbin lid on Friday morning for the bin guys....there are a lot of people helping out