PFA - A National Disgrace?

busby1985

58 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Quite right. 

You think they should get to see the accounts of clubs? The players’ union?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• Kidd’s Boots

• busby1985

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Kidd’s Boots said:

Can I give a hand moving those goal post?

See above.  You still won’t get many other unions representing their members with higher salaries than footballers.   And at the same time they should take pay cuts to represent the circumstances of each individual club.  

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think they should be able to see the gravity of the situation of the individual club before advising the players, yeah.  I’ve no problem with that. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

I think they should be able to see the gravity of the situation of the individual club before advising the players, yeah.  I’ve no problem with that. 

No ****ing danger. 

Kidd’s Boots
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

See above.  You still won’t get many other unions representing their members with higher salaries than footballers.   And at the same time they should take pay cuts to represent the circumstances of each individual club.  

Unite & Unison perhaps given that they represent the whole of the NHS in the U.K. certainly will. But you're right, no one in their right mind would ask them to take a wage cut at the moment.....

19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If the Hearts players are earning an average of 2.5k a week a 50% pay cut still leaves them as very well off individuals. 

They would be on a monthly cheque of 5.4k a month. With less tax and NI to pay their deduction would be well under 50%.

Not many people are going to have sympathy for people who earn over five grand a month. 

£48 - 50k a year is not a well off individual, in that if they stopped working they'd be unable to pay the bills or meet mortgage repayments. 

The PFA's cannot discriminate on the basis of who earns what, they have to get a deal that represents everyone, unfortunately that includes the guys at the top of the tree.

There will be more guys on £400-2k a week who are represented by the PFA than there are guys earning 100, 000s of ks per week. 

Somebody earlier quotes a few millionaires in the EPL, I would hazard a guess that the majority of players in the EPL are millionaires.

Bournemouth ffs were paying Defoe 65k a week.

Arrogant pricks the majority of them and I wouldn’t lose any sleep if the EPL collapsed

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

£48 - 50k a year is not a well off individual, in that if they stopped working they'd be unable to pay the bills or meet mortgage repayments. 

The PFA's cannot discriminate on the basis of who earns what, they have to get a deal that represents everyone, unfortunately that includes the guys at the top of the tree.

There will be more guys on £400-2k a week who are represented by the PFA than there are guys earning 100, 000s of ks per week. 

If their club goes under they will get nothing. They will also have gained infamy among the fans. 

It comes back to the fact that if everyone else is making sacrifices so should footballers. 

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Somebody earlier quotes a few millionaires in the EPL, I would hazard a guess that the majority of players in the EPL are millionaires.

Arrogant pricks the majority of them and I wouldn’t lose any sleep if the EPL collapsed

This

i actually hope the EPL does fall apart after this

too many people up here also claim to support an EPL team yet probably never go to a game - 

a load of over paid twits

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

This

i actually hope the EPL does fall apart after this

too many people up here also claim to support an EPL team yet probably never go to a game - 

a load of over paid twits

**** sake I'm actually agreeing with you again😊

I thought you got a rough time on the Jack Grealish thread. Too many people playing the poster rather than the post

32 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No ****ing danger. 

In your opinion, fair enough.  Can’t see any issue with it if everything is above board. 

31 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Unite & Unison perhaps given that they represent the whole of the NHS in the U.K. certainly will. But you're right, no one in their right mind would ask them to take a wage cut at the moment.....

Again, I want to make it crystal clear - I’m in total agreement that multi millionaire footballers should all take pay cuts. 

Psychedelicropcircle

With any luck the sky & BT cancellations will sort out a few pay cuts

A_A wehatethehibs

Absolutely no idea why we’ve not just Article 12’d pretty much our entire squad tbh, bunch of clowns. 

Footballfirst

The average salary for a Premier League footballer has exceeded £3m a year for the first time, according to the latest Global Sports Salary Survey, which also highlights the financial muscle and worldwide popularity of English football’s top flight.

The average pay for a first-team squad member is £61,024 a week – a figure that has risen more than £10,000 in only two years.

23 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If their club goes under they will get nothing. They will also have gained infamy among the fans. 

It comes back to the fact that if everyone else is making sacrifices so should footballers. 

I can understand that in our circumstance as a fan owned club, that fans expect players to take a pay cut in good faith. 

From a players perspective though, perhaps Clubs aren't always loyal to them and in a short career they need to earn what they can. Most of them are mercenaries so I doubt they care about individual clubs. They will just move on to another club if their current club goes down the swanny. 

At the top level, clubs are part of the Capitalist, free market, live by the sword, die by the sword world. Most of them make billions in revenue each year and players are subsequently paid in accordance with that. If those clubs so happen to fold, so be it, that’s what happens when there's a race to the top. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

👍 I’m in the camp that they should be taking cuts, definitely, but if the pfa want to see the damage before agreeing to this than I find it reasonable. 

I’m in the camp of feck the PFA and furlough football players like any other employee. What makes these people exempt from what everyone else has to suffer in this crisis ?

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The average salary for a Premier League footballer has exceeded £3m a year for the first time, according to the latest Global Sports Salary Survey, which also highlights the financial muscle and worldwide popularity of English football’s top flight.

The average pay for a first-team squad member is £61,024 a week – a figure that has risen more than £10,000 in only two years.

Not surprised at that tbh, but a disgrace nonetheless when frontline Healthcare workers & other key workers are genuinely putting their lives at risk every day, many of whom have lost their lives during this pandemic.

They have waited too long now to make some kind of financial salary sacrifice that they risk becoming futures of hate.

Jambo 4 Ever
37 minutes ago, luckydug said:

**** sake I'm actually agreeing with you again😊

I thought you got a rough time on the Jack Grealish thread. Too many people playing the poster rather than the post

Great minds think alike!

cheers for the support 

Maybe the clubs should be allowed to see the players personal accounts and savings before offering them deals? 🙄

Unknown user
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The PFA in England have written to all players telling them not to sign anything about reductions or deferrals until they have spoken to the PFA. I get that they have to protect the players but I find it disgusting to see them acting in this way, especially when people on 20k a year are being let go and they are arguing over getting 80k plus a week. 

They're putting their members first, it's  the reason they exist, exactly what they're meant to be doing.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think they should be asking, that's their job.

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

To make £1 million after tax in a year you need to earn a little under £36,000 per week.

Not many first team players in EPL earn less than that.

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

To make £1 million after tax in a year you need to earn a little under £36,000 per week.

Not many first team players in EPL earn less than that.

39 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Cheers 

Didn't see your post

£61,024 is take home pay, after tax of £1.7 million a year

Calculator here

https://salaryaftertax.com/uk/salary-calculator

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They're putting their members first, it's  the reason they exist, exactly what they're meant to be doing.

I think they should be told to f-off in reply.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think they should be told to f-off in reply.

Fair enough, it'd be pretty mental to expect them not to put their members' interests first though eh?

The PFA and premier league footballers really need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise how bad they are making themselves look. People who earn way less than them in many parts of society are making some fantastic gestures to help others in difficulty at the moment.

I just hope that if one positive comes out of this terrible episode it's that people will realise that life can go on without multi-millionaire footballers - but it can't go on without nurses, doctors, people stacking supermarket shelves, people producing food and essentials, people transporting food and essentials, people producing medicines etc. 

When all this is done and dusted and life returns to normal. The paying public should turn their backs on football. Mass cancellations of subscriptions with these tv companies and hurt these despicable *******s where it hurts. Bring the ******* roof down on the greedy selfish lot that they are!

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Fair enough, it'd be pretty mental to expect them not to put their members' interests first though eh?

Indeed. That is their job. 

Folk can still go see their local teams and get their football fix elsewhere. Absolutely rotten to the core. The greed makes me sick. Brave nurses and doctors risking their necks day in and day out while these lot live in a bubble.

I was thinking about starting an online petition when this is all over to demand frontline nhs staff receive substantial pay rises for the sacrifices they make and the long hours they work doing a fantastic job. Does anyone know how to go about starting one of these petitions?

Looks like Gordon Taylor rejected Matt Hancocks plea for Elite player wage cuts

Edited by HMFC01

jamboiain13
2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Meanwhile Atletico Madrid show everyone how it’s done 

incredible gesture by the players, coaches and club directors

jamboiain13

jamboiain13

jamboiain13

jamboiain13

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

You don’t think they should show a little compassion and solidarity and sacrifice given that just about every single ^^^^ that pays their enormous wages is going through a struggle of one kind or another. That’s what the root of  trade unionism is all about I’d have thought. Not demanding wages of £60k a week gets ring fenced whilst people at the same employer get furloughed, some of them at 80% of living/minimum wage. It’s disgusting . There is no other word for it.

Edited by JimmyCant

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Ditto 🥳🥳

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

You can say that again.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You don’t think they should show a little compassion and solidarity and sacrifice given that just about every single ^^^^ that pays their enormous wages is going through a struggle of one kind or another. That’s what the root of  trade unionism is all about I’d have thought. Not demanding wages of £60k a week gets ring fenced whilst people at the same employer get furloughed, some of them at 80% of living/minimum wage. It’s disgusting . There is no other word for it.

I think they're legally obliged to put their members first.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think they're legally obliged to put their members first.

I think they are morally obliged to take a long hard fecking look at themselves 

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The PFA in England have written to all players telling them not to sign anything about reductions or deferrals until they have spoken to the PFA. I get that they have to protect the players but I find it disgusting to see them acting in this way, especially when people on 20k a year are being let go and they are arguing over getting 80k plus a week. 

That's their job mate. The players pay a percentage of their wages for representation by the equivalent of a trade union. An over paid mob I will admit but they're entitled to advice.

National disgrace......😂

I think many clubs especially in England will have to seriously think about their finances.  The TV companies will not be paying for football that is not being played and this constitutes a fair bit of the money flying eventually in to wage packets.  With players on contracts agreed during the "good times" and still with time to run, this will no doubt create a future burden.  It will be interesting to see what happens with transfers and new contracts.

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Well, the EPL and Championship look like they are already on their knees.

Good. Hope that when all of this is eventually over, we are no longer prone to losing players for much higher wages at Championship and League 1 clubs. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Exactly.
They should maybe get a real job.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Good.Hope that when all of this is eventually over, we are no longer prone to losing players for much higher wages at Championship and League 1 clubs. 

There might be a que of billionaires looking to take over clubs at this rate.  The EPL will be first for eyeing a bargain then the Champ'

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Sound, they'd be stupid to ignore their legal obligations though. 

Their members pay them to look after their interests and this is them doing exactly that, they don't really have a choice.

The individual players though, that's different, they're not beholden to anyone and can offer to compromise at any time. They're the ones that deserve contempt, not the people fulfilling their obligations.