Daniel Stendel interview in 11 Freunde

N Lincs Jambo

N Lincs Jambo

Don’t know how to copy from Facebook on my phone but for those of you who speak German (and I know there’s a few on here) but go on FB, search Daniel Stendel 11 Freunde and you will find it. 

He speaks about quite a few topics but I personally loved it when he explained about his decision to give up 100% of his salary. He said there’s a Scot on his training team whose contract runs out in the summer, there’s a trainer who took a pay-cut to join us from Barnsley and who is due to become a dad in a few weeks. Before these guys should give up cash, I’ll give up mine.

Just a top, top guy!

1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Don’t know how to copy from Facebook on my phone but for those of you who speak German (and I know there’s a few on here) but go on FB, search Daniel Stendel 11 Freunde and you will find it. 

He speaks about quite a few topics but I personally loved it when he explained about his decision to give up 100% of his salary. He said there’s a Scot on his training team whose contract runs out in the summer, there’s a trainer who took a pay-cut to join us from Barnsley and who is due to become a dad in a few weeks. Before these guys should give up cash, I’ll give up mine.

Just a top, top guy!

Excellent.

I wonder what Kris Boyd, Fraser Wishart etc think of this selfless action.

🤩😍🤩😍

He needs and hopefully gets a proper run at this job and be judged under normal circumstances....

queensferryjambo
Just now, JamboAl said:

Excellent.

I wonder what Kris Boyd, Fraser Wishart etc think of this selfless action.

I don't think any of them actually think!

Just shoved into google translate. Obviously some of it will be translated worlds from ads etc. 

"The club has to survive"
 Daniel Stendel waived his full salary in the Corona crisis.  The coach of the traditional club Hearts of Midlothian explains his step and the situation in Scotland.
  R Ulrich head-on
 From
 Ron Ulrich
 PAGES
 YESTERDAY
 DIVIDE
 DIVIDE
 1. "The club has to survive"
 2. Page 2: "We would legally defend ourselves against this"
 READ ON ONE SIDE
 Daniel Stendel, in Glasgow the Rangers received Bayer Leverkusen ahead of the ranks when all major events in Germany had already been canceled or ghost games had been decided.  Did the Corona crisis in Scotland arrive later?
 Yes, it was a bizarre situation.  We followed the news of the school closings from Germany, but at the same time normal life in Scotland was still a week longer.  That was strange.  At the time, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson had refrained from taking measures such as school closings, but now the regulations are even stricter: people can only leave the house once a day.

How long did the regular football operations continue?
 On March 15, our game against Livingston was canceled, and training should be reduced from now on.  We left it up to the players whether they go to the weight room or run.  On the second day I saw from the office how six players went jogging together in a group.  Then that's not the point.  Since then we have given the boys fitness exercises for at home.

When did you leave Edinburgh?
 I flew home the following Thursday.  It was no longer clear whether and how you could get out of the country at all.  The prices for the flights skyrocketed.  Our German players Donis Avdijaj and Marcel Langer have now stayed in Edinburgh, for example, and live together in a shared apartment.  I flew to Berlin and from there I took the train to Hanover.  There was even more going on there than in the capital.  Berlin Central Station was spookily empty - a contrast to Edinburgh.

Video recommendation

powered by
 The head of your club asked employees for a 50 percent waiver to ensure the survival of the club.  How acute is the situation for the Hearts?
 I don't know the numbers in detail.  But the missed semifinals would have earned us half a million, and you can certainly count on six-figure sums per home game.  In Scotland, television contracts are not as lucrative as in other countries, so audience revenue is huge.  The clubs' finances are comparable to the German Third League.  There is already a real risk of financial bankruptcies.

"I thought: before these guys have to give up money, I'll do it."
 Daniel Stendel
 You have completely waived your salary.  Did the chairperson ask you to do this?
 No, that was my own decision.  I also thought of my coaching staff.  A Scottish colleague comes from the youth academy, his contract expires in the summer.  One of my assistant coaches waived money to get to the Hearts from Barnsley.  He'll be a father in a few weeks.  It is also a special situation for Jörg (Sievers) because he has left Hanover after all decades to help me with the Hearts.  I thought to myself: before these guys have to give up money, I'll do it.

READ THE SAME
 "I can still see the floodlights" Koray Günter is playing the best season of his career for Hellas Verona - until it is canceled.  A call to the restricted area.
  Imago35754649h
 "Unnecessary and inexplicable" England's non-league teams brave the cancellation of the season in an open letter.
  Imago41502380h
 Not too many footballers or coaches have given up their full income in the current situation.
 It's not that I don't need money.  And I certainly don't get the same salary as a second division coach in Germany.  But we want the club to be preserved.  What use is it to me if I get my money but the club no longer exists?  I spoke to my family and they supported the decision.  Do the players forego their salary?
 Steven Naismith is the first to lead the way.  The others are still waiting for the explanation of the player union.  In a first statement, she advised the players not to comment at first.  The clubs probably have a clause in the contracts that would allow them to terminate the players if the game ceases.  In the Hearts, however, some people on the board waived salary.

Former club officials criticize the chairwoman for doing poorly.  On the one hand, they say that fans have collected around ten million for the club in recent years.  On the other hand, the Hearts are the only club with these drastic austerity measures.
 Much of the money donated went to the construction of the new grandstand.  And one thing has to be said: Our chairman wants to hand the club over to the fans - and that in an economically sound condition.  That is why she is now acting with caution.  She doesn't want to fire any employee and plays it safe.  Except for the Rangers and Celtic, other Scottish clubs will also have their problems.

If the season is stopped at the current level, the hearts will descend.
 We would legally defend ourselves against that, that is clear.  Theoretically, there are still 24 points to be allocated, so you can't just send us to the second division.  The possible scenarios also include the possibility of increasing the league.  With twelve teams, adding two more would not be a big problem.  I personally do not want to endure the sayings like "you would have actually descended".  I would love to be able to stay in the sport class, even if it seems difficult to imagine in the current situation.

Video recommendation

powered by
  Stendel new2
 Daniel Stendel took over the Hearts after stations at Hanover and in Barnsley last December.  You can find a long report about his work in Scotland in issue 220: https: // shop .11freunde .de / 11fr… Photos: Robert Ormerod
 You will also miss a highlight: you would have played the "Edinburgh Derby" against the Hibs in the Scottish Cup semi-final in Hampden Park.
 Yes, far from the extra income for the club that hurts tremendously.  We won the derby a few weeks ago - and the atmosphere was great.  No violence in the stadium, just pure adrenaline and joy.  With this derby victory and the success against the Rangers, we had a top week before a loss to St. Mirren and the cancellation.  We were actually on the right track.

Selkirk_Jambo
6 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Just shoved into google translate. Obviously some of it will be translated worlds from ads etc. 

"The club has to survive"
 Daniel Stendel waived his full salary in the Corona crisis.  The coach of the traditional club Hearts of Midlothian explains his step and the situation in Scotland.
  R Ulrich head-on
 From
 Ron Ulrich
 PAGES
 YESTERDAY
 DIVIDE
 DIVIDE
 1. "The club has to survive"
 2. Page 2: "We would legally defend ourselves against this"
 READ ON ONE SIDE
 Daniel Stendel, in Glasgow the Rangers received Bayer Leverkusen ahead of the ranks when all major events in Germany had already been canceled or ghost games had been decided.  Did the Corona crisis in Scotland arrive later?
 Yes, it was a bizarre situation.  We followed the news of the school closings from Germany, but at the same time normal life in Scotland was still a week longer.  That was strange.  At the time, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson had refrained from taking measures such as school closings, but now the regulations are even stricter: people can only leave the house once a day.

How long did the regular football operations continue?
 On March 15, our game against Livingston was canceled, and training should be reduced from now on.  We left it up to the players whether they go to the weight room or run.  On the second day I saw from the office how six players went jogging together in a group.  Then that's not the point.  Since then we have given the boys fitness exercises for at home.

When did you leave Edinburgh?
 I flew home the following Thursday.  It was no longer clear whether and how you could get out of the country at all.  The prices for the flights skyrocketed.  Our German players Donis Avdijaj and Marcel Langer have now stayed in Edinburgh, for example, and live together in a shared apartment.  I flew to Berlin and from there I took the train to Hanover.  There was even more going on there than in the capital.  Berlin Central Station was spookily empty - a contrast to Edinburgh.

Video recommendation

powered by
 The head of your club asked employees for a 50 percent waiver to ensure the survival of the club.  How acute is the situation for the Hearts?
 I don't know the numbers in detail.  But the missed semifinals would have earned us half a million, and you can certainly count on six-figure sums per home game.  In Scotland, television contracts are not as lucrative as in other countries, so audience revenue is huge.  The clubs' finances are comparable to the German Third League.  There is already a real risk of financial bankruptcies.

"I thought: before these guys have to give up money, I'll do it."
 Daniel Stendel
 You have completely waived your salary.  Did the chairperson ask you to do this?
 No, that was my own decision.  I also thought of my coaching staff.  A Scottish colleague comes from the youth academy, his contract expires in the summer.  One of my assistant coaches waived money to get to the Hearts from Barnsley.  He'll be a father in a few weeks.  It is also a special situation for Jörg (Sievers) because he has left Hanover after all decades to help me with the Hearts.  I thought to myself: before these guys have to give up money, I'll do it.

READ THE SAME
 "I can still see the floodlights" Koray Günter is playing the best season of his career for Hellas Verona - until it is canceled.  A call to the restricted area.
  Imago35754649h
 "Unnecessary and inexplicable" England's non-league teams brave the cancellation of the season in an open letter.
  Imago41502380h
 Not too many footballers or coaches have given up their full income in the current situation.
 It's not that I don't need money.  And I certainly don't get the same salary as a second division coach in Germany.  But we want the club to be preserved.  What use is it to me if I get my money but the club no longer exists?  I spoke to my family and they supported the decision.  Do the players forego their salary?
 Steven Naismith is the first to lead the way.  The others are still waiting for the explanation of the player union.  In a first statement, she advised the players not to comment at first.  The clubs probably have a clause in the contracts that would allow them to terminate the players if the game ceases.  In the Hearts, however, some people on the board waived salary.

Former club officials criticize the chairwoman for doing poorly.  On the one hand, they say that fans have collected around ten million for the club in recent years.  On the other hand, the Hearts are the only club with these drastic austerity measures.
 Much of the money donated went to the construction of the new grandstand.  And one thing has to be said: Our chairman wants to hand the club over to the fans - and that in an economically sound condition.  That is why she is now acting with caution.  She doesn't want to fire any employee and plays it safe.  Except for the Rangers and Celtic, other Scottish clubs will also have their problems.

If the season is stopped at the current level, the hearts will descend.
 We would legally defend ourselves against that, that is clear.  Theoretically, there are still 24 points to be allocated, so you can't just send us to the second division.  The possible scenarios also include the possibility of increasing the league.  With twelve teams, adding two more would not be a big problem.  I personally do not want to endure the sayings like "you would have actually descended".  I would love to be able to stay in the sport class, even if it seems difficult to imagine in the current situation.

Video recommendation