14 Years ago today - Hearts 4 Hibs 0 Scottish Cup SF

London_Hearts

London_Hearts

"I don't want to sound stupid here, but I looked in the mirror this morning and told myself it was going to be my day," said Hartley. "It's the first hat-trick I've ever scored, even in boys club football.

"It just doesn't get any better than this, to score a hat-trick and win 4-0 against Hibs. It's not really sunk in yet. We just had a feeling in the camp all week that it was going to be our day and it was."

John Findlay

The Hibs supporter that commented that they didnt deserve to be beaten 4-0 was correct. It should have been double.

How bitter are 90% of their comments. 

They thought that was bad and along came 19.05.12 

Two major games at Hampden.

Heart of Midlothian Goals for 9 against 1

Hibernian Goals for 1 against 9.

Yet we were average and lucky.😁😁😁😁

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The Hibs supporter that commented that they didnt deserve to be beaten 4-0 was correct. It should have been double.

Always the same with that shower. Hearts' derby wins are either gained by Hibs gifting them to us, Hearts "hacking" the cultured Lochend flairmeisters or, of course, "cheatun". 

Impossible to reason with them; glad I don't bother.

London_Hearts

When we got the penalty we heard a shout behind us going “Miss! Miss! Miss!”.

He had Hearts to win 3-0 with Hartley as first goal scorer. Cost him a couple of hundred quid.

49 minutes ago, Andy Black said:

He had Hearts to win 3-0 with Hartley as first goal scorer. Cost him a couple of hundred quid.

Similar story. 

After Paul made it 4 we wanted Hibs to score. We'd all stuck a tenner on a repeat of the previous 4-1 win at Tynecastle.

28-1, iirc, £290 returns. Well worth giving them a crumb of the masters table. 

7 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Never forget the dawn of the White Stripes song at Half Time.  Wonderful.  

I might be wrong but in my memory it was before kick off. It started a few rows back from where we were and just spread around the entire Mount Florida end. 😊

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

I might be wrong but in my memory it was before kick off. It started a few rows back from where we were and just spread around the entire Mount Florida end. 😊

Definitely before kick off then the fans kept singing it throughout the game.

Edited by frankblack

The game the vermin wanted at Hampden and not MF. 

The game, that in the lead up to, Hibs fans battle cry was “Hearts don’t have a great recent record at Hampden”....I think this played its part in Hibs fighting for the game to remain at Hampden. 

Only Hibs could Hibsit before a game, never mind during  :rofl:

42 minutes ago, martoon said:

The support was spine-tingling that day. It started outside and continued in. 

It was Pressley that talked about how the hairs stood up on the back of his neck as the team bus arrived for the game. Seeing thousands of Hearts fans congregated outside and singing the team into the stadium gave the players even more motivation. 

I was child mascot that day. Parents have got a big framed panoramic photo of the entire stadium before kick off, you can see me with Pressley in the centre circle and at the bottom it has the attendance and score. A day I'll never forget ❤️

Edited by AGoodLaugh

TorinoJambo
2 hours ago, Andy Black said:

That may have been my son (although there must have been others!!!). He had a score at around 14s on 3-0. I had cash on HT/FT and Us minus 1.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

The support was spine-tingling that day. It started outside and continued in. 

It was Pressley that talked about how the hairs stood up on the back of his neck as the team bus arrived for the game. Seeing thousands of Hearts fans congregated outside and singing the team into the stadium gave the players even more motivation. 

Remember it well, bud. 

We were out in the street when the bus approached. Fantastic connection between players and fans that continued inside Hampden, too. 

Always feel nervous and anxious before derbies (can't bare losing to those underlings) but both Hampden games felt completely different. Anticipation, confidence and excitement rode roughshod over any doubt and fear. 

Smoked-Glass
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It was tainted. We lived beyond our means don't you know 🙄🙄😂

On 02/04/2020 at 03:28, Andy Black said:

2006-04-02_HIB_0_HEA_4_SC_SF-028.jpg

Been looking for this photo for ages. Although not that clear, I'm in this, and my old boys jacket too.

Great day. Obviously this was well before 5-1 which has sadly somewhat dwarfed just how good this was. 

2 meetings at Hampden, and a 9-1 aggregate in our favour. :rofl:

And to think, we'd be going for a hat trick next Saturday if all this wasn't going on.

Had a daft wee recollection the other night about the train tickets. They were policing this very strictly IIRC. Didn't we have to buy train tickets through the club directly?

I remember Hearts fans having to get the train from and to Slateford. Was Haymarket closed, or was it just to avoid crowd trouble? Were these trains purely football specials? I was only 12 at the time so forgive the questions. :lol:

Funny how 6 years later, for an even bigger game, they didn't bother half as much. I went to Waverley for a train for the final, and sat on a train that was visibly mixed.

London_Hearts
52 minutes ago, Locky said:

Had a daft wee recollection the other night about the train tickets. They were policing this very strictly IIRC. Didn't we have to buy train tickets through the club directly?

I remember Hearts fans having to get the train from and to Slateford. Was Haymarket closed, or was it just to avoid crowd trouble? Were these trains purely football specials? I was only 12 at the time so forgive the questions. :lol:

Funny how 6 years later, for an even bigger game, they didn't bother half as much. I went to Waverley for a train for the final, and sat on a train that was visibly mixed.

IIRC there was engineering works.which limited the number of trains running.

4 minutes ago, Andy Black said:

IIRC there was engineering works.which limited the number of trains running.

Ah, that rings a bell actually.

3 hours ago, Locky said:

They were football specials, Locky. £18 return, Slateford-Glasgow Central-Mount Florida. 

The Hibs specials ran from Waverley directly, iirc, and shat them out at another station near their end of Hampden. 

It was the best way to travel. We got back to Gorgie for a celebratory drink at least 90 minutes before the dishevelled M8 travellers. Although they did get the bonus of tormenting the occupants of Hibs buses and cars. 

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, martoon said:

They were football specials, Locky. £18 return, Slateford-Glasgow Central-Mount Florida. 

The Hibs specials ran from Waverley directly, iirc, and shat them out at another station near their end of Hampden. 

It was the best way to travel. We got back to Gorgie for a celebratory drink at least 90 minutes before the dishevelled M8 travellers. Although they did get the bonus of tormenting the occupants of Hibs buses and cars. 

Kings Park is the station for the East end of Hampden

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

Cheers martoon. I've always felt there's surely a case for bringing back the football specials in some capacity. Something even the clubs could subsidise. 

Not every week obviously, but trips to Hampden, or games where there's a high demand for away tickets. A wee football special from Haymarket to Waverley for trips to Easter Road. :ninja: 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Cheers John. 

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Pain in the arse that one. Done it once and felt like I was walking for ages through a residential area.

It was the LC final in 2013, I ran for the train and asked the conductor if it went to Mount Florida and he said aye. There were other Hearts fans on the train too who'd asked. Then a wee lad and his dad ran for the train as it was ready to leave and one got on but the doors closed and locked the other out. The guard opened them and asked where they were going, and when they said 'Mount Florida', he replied 'Aye, this train doesn't stop there'. They got off and the guard swiftly dispatched the train, with several Jambo's wondering where we were going to get off. :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

Cheers martoon. I've always felt there's surely a case for bringing back the football specials in some capacity. Something even the clubs could subsidise. 

Not every week obviously, but trips to Hampden, or games where there's a high demand for away tickets. A wee football special from Haymarket to Waverley for trips to Easter Road. :ninja: 

I think they'd be very popular for trips to Hampden. Before my time as an away game Jambo but I think BR ditched them because of hooliganism/vandalism. I doubt that would be an issue these days. 

Initially, I thought £18 was a wee bit steep in 2006 but the ease and swiftness of the journey and connection proved otherwise. Of course, whacking Hibs 4-0 ensured it was worth every penny. 

Edited by martoon

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

I think they'd be very popular for trips to Hampden. Before my time as an away game Jambo but I think BR ditched them because of hooliganism/vandalism. I doubt that would be an issue these days. 

Initially, I thought £18 was a wee bit steep in 2006 but the ease and swiftness of the journey and connection proved otherwise. Of course, whacking Hibs 4-0 ensured it was worth every penny. 

I think now it would be easier for authorities to control. If it was something the clubs endorsed, then you'd be buying tickets through the database so they'd know everyone travelling. Think at the time it was just synonymous with the casuals because it was cheap. The price of rail these days means it might not be the cheapest way to do it, but as you said, it would be a very convenient way.

brunoatemyhamster

The only Derby I've ever been to that I knew, I KNEW, we were going to gub them .The minute I got up the stairs into the stadium you could tell. The Hibs support knew before kick off! 

What a time to be alive! 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

On 02/04/2020 at 03:28, Andy Black said:

2006-04-02_HIB_0_HEA_4_SC_SF-026.jpg

Brilliant picture I've never seen before . My brother Nephew and many great friends are in this one HHGH:flagwave:

gorgie rd eh11

Fantastic day.

Hibs had done their usual exaggerating ticket sales which worked against them. Walking into Hampden and seeing the large gaps in their end just added to the confidence that we already had from our far superior team. They were very quiet, they knew what was coming.

hampden semi.jpg