Brandon 

Moore

Meshino (L)

Perreira (L)

Sibbick (L)

Langer

Maclean as well.

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Does the player still get paid during his suspension?

I don't know the answer to that but I would have thought not otherwise it's the club that's being punished and not the player.

That said, I heard of an amateur player who played a game for a junior club and didn't get paid but he won a fiver bet that he could jump over a bootlace lying on the dressing-room floor.

As far as I can understand, PFA is the only Trade Union pursuing a direction of self interest, during this crisis. Don't they realise what's happening out in the big wide world - people are dying, many hanging on to life with great difficulty, people's source of income has gone (employees/ self employed) except for the safety net temporarily via Government?  

54 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Classic case of can't see the wood for the trees. He is effectively trying to bite off the hand that feeds them with this attitude for short term benefits to the players.

Longer term we could see the loss of many clubs resulting in many more players being out of work but Wishart and his brainless members are only interested in now.

Absolutely spot on. Apologies WD should have read your response prior to my later posting. In total agreement

47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't know the answer to that but I would have thought not otherwise it's the club that's being punished and not the player.

That said, I heard of an amateur player who played a game for a junior club and didn't get paid but he won a fiver bet that he could jump over a bootlace lying on the dressing-room floor.

I don;t know for sure either although I did think that they were paid thier basic wage but would obvioulsy lose out on any appearance and other sort of bonuses that may be in their contracts but that is just my thoughts I have no proof that is the case.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Classic case of can't see the wood for the trees. He is effectively trying to bite off the hand that feeds them with this attitude for short term benefits to the players.

Longer term we could see the loss of many clubs resulting in many more players being out of work but Wishart and his brainless members are only interested in now.

This whole thing has been an eye-opener. I knew most footballers lived in a bubble and left everything up to their "advisors" but I honestly didn't think they were this detached from reality.

Although no deals or decisions seem to have been made yet so the players could still redeem themselves by doing the right thing.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

That's not how I understand a suspension of payment is when it comes to a contract, the players will still be due their full contracts we are just invoking a clause that suspends this payment until a later date.

That is my understanding of it but what I have read isn't very clear.

Agreed. Its all a bit muddy at the moment. 

Hopefully things become clearer as time goes on. Deferrals are obviously not ideal and is just kicking the problem down the road. My hope is that the fear around clause 12 from the PFA/ players is because it does put the ball in the clubs court.  

52 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This whole thing has been an eye-opener. I knew most footballers lived in a bubble and left everything up to their "advisors" but I honestly didn't think they were this detached from reality.

Although no deals or decisions seem to have been made yet so the players could still redeem themselves by doing the right thing.

They could but unlikely given their stance.

Bunny Munro

I wouldn't make any decisions until we know what league we are in.

Id keep Bozanic and maybe offer Moore an extra year. Id also try and get Sibbick back.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Just now, wavydavy said:

They could but unlikely given their stance.

Absolute mercenaries.

Budge's responsibility is to look after the permanent members of staff and ensure there is enough money in the club to see us through this period. These are the people who are important. not the millionaires squabbling about not getting their thousands of pounds a week despite doing jackshit (and I'm not talking about whilst the season was active).

When you contrast this with guys like Stevo, Hamill, MacDonald who stuck around and accepted wage cuts (and not even getting paid) it really does bring home the calibre of man Levein signed. 'Right characters' my ****ing arse. Selfish clowns with no concern for others. 

I'm looking forward to when Stendel comes back and these utterly forgettable losers are removed from the club for good. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolute mercenaries.

Budge's responsibility is to look after the permanent members of staff and ensure there is enough money in the club to see us through this period. These are the people who are important. not the millionaires squabbling about not getting their thousands of pounds a week despite doing jackshit (and I'm not talking about whilst the season was active).

When you contrast this with guys like Stevo, Hamill, MacDonald who stuck around and accepted wage cuts (and not even getting paid) it really does bring home the calibre of man Levein signed. 'Right characters' my ****ing arse. Selfish clowns with no concern for others. 

I'm looking forward to when Stendel comes back and these utterly forgettable losers are removed from the club for good. 

The entire 2012 cup winning team basically played for the shirts.

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolute mercenaries.

These are the important parts from AB's Statement on 26 March and I don't think she could have made it any simpler than this.

Any of these players that are still holding out trying to keep their full pay are insensitive to the plight of many at the club who will be getting paid a lot less and yet have already agreed to the pay cut.

1.     To implement any changes at the end of April to give staff the chance to consider their own personal situations, while                    awaiting any Government interventions, the benefits from which would be used to limit any wage reductions.

2.     To avoid redundancies and protect all jobs and contracts.

3.     To treat all employees, regardless of status or roles, fairly and equitably.

4.     To take steps to protect staff and players on the lowest earnings.

5.     To ensure everyone knew that they should not panic and that they should discuss any personal financial challenges with                 their manager, HR or myself.  We would do everything possible to help people meet their financial commitments.

6.     Anyone who wanted to move on from the Club for whatever reason (e.g. disgruntlement, desire to go home/back to families,          etc) should talk to us and we would try to help.

Edited by wavydavy

21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

These are the important parts from AB's Statement on 26 March and I don't think she could have made it any simpler than this.

Any of these players that are still holding out trying to keep their full pay are insensitive to the plight of many at the club who will be getting paid a lot less and yet have already agreed to the pay cut.

1.     To implement any changes at the end of April to give staff the chance to consider their own personal situations, while                    awaiting any Government interventions, the benefits from which would be used to limit any wage reductions.

2.     To avoid redundancies and protect all jobs and contracts.

3.     To treat all employees, regardless of status or roles, fairly and equitably.

4.     To take steps to protect staff and players on the lowest earnings.

5.     To ensure everyone knew that they should not panic and that they should discuss any personal financial challenges with                 their manager, HR or myself.  We would do everything possible to help people meet their financial commitments.

6.     Anyone who wanted to move on from the Club for whatever reason (e.g. disgruntlement, desire to go home/back to families,          etc) should talk to us and we would try to help.

Good summary.

Can't be much clearer unless there is a monosyllabic version for the really stupid.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Good summary.

Can't be much clearer unless there is a monosyllabic version for the really stupid.

She gave those to Fraser Wishart and Kris Boyd.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

She gave those to Fraser Wishart and Kris Boyd.

I hope these 2+Charlie Knickerless all hang their heads in shame if/when they hear the Health Secretary's update.

It will hurt them enormously but they should all make a televised apology to AB and the club.

Batistuta87
On 01/04/2020 at 21:16, soonbe110 said:

Plus a bunch of young guys like Baur etc 

Yeah Baur is definitely out of contract - I don't think he was really good enough though, and heard he was jacking football all together to go to uni next year.

I think we might see Petkov and either Mason or Stone being brought up from the Reserves to add some depth to their positions, and I think Henderson and Moore will be given new deals making them officially part of the first team squad. I don't think anyone else from the Reserves would add anything to the first team. 

All depends on the league we're in I suppose. If we go down, we can probably get by and come back up with most of the squad we have now and a few small changes. If we stay up we need to be a lot more drastic with probably 8 out (including end of loans) and 8 in. 

On 02/04/2020 at 13:05, JamboAl said:

And Berra.

Maybe even Petkov.

Berra still has 12months after this season, pretty sure.

I know bbc posted up but certain that was a mistake.