Shark rocket vacuum problem

maltese jambo

maltese jambo

Hi guys,

Seem to have a problem with a Shark Rocket vacuum...

It suction is really poor and barely picks up anything.

Have tried all the usual fixes - cleaned filter, checked belt etc, but problem seems to be that there basically isn't much suction coming from motor. Anyone has any ideas as to how to fix it?

thanks in advance

I don't know the answer but I'm keeping an eye on this thread because I seem to have the same problem with my wife.

I know you probably have checked, but the brush underneath? I had a Shark before and I loved it, but because there's a lot of bristles in the brush, it was a nightmare for getting badly clogged with hair and fluff.

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

I don't know the answer but I'm keeping an eye on this thread because I seem to have the same problem with my wife.

Have you checked her belt and cleaned her filter?

Worthing Jambo
5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Have you checked her belt and cleaned her filter?

Not forgetting the brush underneath having too many bristles.

13 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Not forgetting the brush underneath having too many bristles.

Always clogged with hair.

Check for blockages. Right from the head, up to where the crap goes. Take as much of it apart as you can. We had the same problem with our Shark DuoClean last week.  After removing a the wife's hair from the brushbar , I found it was blocked at various places, again mostly with the wife's hair. Strangely, it's her hair which clogs the shower drain too. Things would be easier if she only got a No2 cut.

I see Shark are now advertising vacs with some anti hair wrap thing.

5 hours ago, IronJambo said:

You've clearly not located the on/off switch...

Dagger Is Back

Stupid thing about he Shark we have is if the belt snaps you have to replace the whole head at about £80!

16 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Check for blockages. Right from the head, up to where the crap goes. Take as much of it apart as you can. We had the same problem with our Shark DuoClean last week.  After removing a the wife's hair from the brushbar , I found it was blocked at various places, again mostly with the wife's hair. Strangely, it's her hair which clogs the shower drain too. Things would be easier if she only got a No2 cut.

I see Shark are now advertising vacs with some anti hair wrap thing.

That was exactly how it was for me too. ****ing birds.