JKB Weekly Poker Night

Romulus

Hi guys, 

Used to have one of these on JKB years ago, so thought I’d bring it back!

Had a bit of interest in a weekly poker home game. Please add your name if interested. 

The game will likely need to be hosted on PokerStars as there is very limited software available for home poker games. It’s the best available I can find.

Please note that I’ve been trying several options for iPad/apps etc but this only works on a PC/Laptop sadly and you will need to install PokerStars programme to join the group.

Idea will be to play a night of the week where everyone is available, TBC. Stake TBC, perhaps $5.50 entry?

When replying, please state what night/nights would best suit and we can sort it from there :)

Interested players so far;

Mort

Graygo

Fabienlecleq

Jack d and coke

Tambo the jambo

Thursday's at 9pm, late registration until 9:30pm

Signup and download here: https://www.pokerstars.uk/client/download/

Club ID: 3657298
Invitation Code: hmfc1874

Tournament every Thursday at 9pm, $5.50 buy in.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tott

• kila

• Romulus

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Hi guys, 

Used to have one of these on JKB years ago, so thought I’d bring it back!

Had a bit of interest in a weekly poker home game. Please add your name if interested. 

The game will likely need to be hosted on PokerStars as there is very limited software available for home poker games. It’s the best available I can find.

Please note that I’ve been trying several options for iPad/apps etc but this only works on a PC/Laptop sadly and you will need to install PokerStars programme to join the group.

Idea will be to play a night of the week where everyone is available, TBC. Stake TBC, perhaps $5.50 entry?

When replying, please state what night/nights would best suit and we can sort it from there :)

Interested players so far;

Mort

Graygo

Fabienlecleq

Jack d and coke

Tambo the jambo

With users having to sign up to  a gambling site, is this allowed? A few years ago I go a row for a European football comp as it was linked to a gambling sire that under 18s could access? Just asking.... 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

With users having to sign up to  a gambling site, is this allowed? A few years ago I go a row for a European football comp as it was linked to a gambling sire that under 18s could access? Just asking.... 

I don’t know to be honest but we definitely used to run a weekly game on here so just assumed it’s okay. Most websites required ID etc these days anyway I would have thought. Happy to remove if not appropriate!

1 minute ago, Mort said:

I don’t know to be honest but we definitely used to run a weekly game on here so just assumed it’s okay. Most websites required ID etc these days anyway I would have thought. Happy to remove if not appropriate!

No harm done, was just trying to keep you on the right side of JKB rules.

My pokerstars kept refusing deposits a few months ago for some reason, if I can sort that out count me in. 

id love to take some coin off @jack D and coke :pleasing:

Edited by Irufushi

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

My pokerstars kept refusing deposits a few months ago for some reason, if I can sort that out count me in. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a33e5bd1a357eaa39ca

Yir💷is mine loon. 

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Yeah I had this issue before but managed to make a new account with a separate email address and worked out okay.

PokerStars is available for iOS and Android too according to their website.

Tempted to join this. Though my preferred poker game is Big 2 - quick rounds, quite a bit strategy too. Also quicker to lose money but it's the fun that counts...

17 minutes ago, kila said:

PokerStars is available for iOS and Android too according to their website.

Tempted to join this. Though my preferred poker game is Big 2 - quick rounds, quite a bit strategy too. Also quicker to lose money but it's the fun that counts...

It is mate yeah but it doesn’t let you play home games on the app unfortunately. They don’t even appear on it. 

6 minutes ago, Baillie07 said:

I would be interested in this, really any night would be fine, hopefully can play on iOS 

Can’t mate unfortunately, I’ve tried many times but the software isn’t set up for home games.

Club is set up. Once poker stars software is installed on your system, click more on the bottom right, join club then enter the below details. Any issues let me know. 

Once everyone joins, I’ll make everyone an admin so we can create as many or as little tournaments as we want, regardless of who is online. 

Club ID - 3343522

Invitation Code - hmfc1874

What about 8pm Thursday for first one? I’m happy to play any evening but just as a suggestion...

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Club is set up. Once poker stars software is installed on your system, click more on the bottom right, join club then enter the below details. Any issues let me know. 

Once everyone joins, I’ll make everyone an admin so we can create as many or as little tournaments as we want, regardless of who is online. 

Club ID - 3343522

What about 8pm Thursday for first one? I’m happy to play any evening but just as a suggestion...

Right, applied, do I need to do anything else?

10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Right, applied, do I need to do anything else?

Nope that’s you in. I’ll set up a game for Thursday night and It’ll appear in the schedule once you go into the club. 

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Club ID - 3343522

👍

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

I might be game. Absolutely hopeless though

5 hours ago, tedarmy said:

i`ll have a go-probably be hopeless though :(

have applied to join

I'm sure people won't fall for this auld 'I'm pish at this game' bluffs. :D

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure people won't fall for this auld 'I'm pish at this game' bluffs. :D

I'm interested .... never played it before, is it similar to snap?

Just now, Jambo314 said:

I'm interested .... never played it before, is it similar to snap?

🙉

15 hours ago, Mort said:

Im in..

Thursday at 8.00pm  sounds good.

2 hours ago, lookoutjoe said:

I will try and play. Used to play in the game years ago. Think it was on Ladbrokes back in the day?

It was indeed.

All,

First tournament is now available for this Thursday 8pm in the schedule within club so you can register anytime. I have left the settings quite generic for the game and we can alter as we go for any future games and peoples preferences. $5.50 buy in, top 15% payout. 

1 hour ago, Mort said:

All,

First tournament is now available for this Thursday 8pm in the schedule within club so you can register anytime. I have left the settings quite generic for the game and we can alter as we go for any future games and peoples preferences. $5.50 buy in, top 15% payout. 

I've no got any dollas.  ;) 

Edit: It's ok, managed to change it in the settings.

Edited by graygo

3 hours ago, graygo said:

I've no got any dollas.  ;) 

Edit: It's ok, managed to change it in the settings.

Nice one. I hadn’t appreciated that the currency might be different, mine just automatically went to dollars for some reason. 

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Nice one. I hadn’t appreciated that the currency might be different, mine just automatically went to dollars for some reason. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Why is it dollars? Change it to pounds?

Funny 'cause I made my deposit in £ instead of $ even though I'm over here :lol:

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Why is it dollars? Change it to pounds?

It just automatically set it to that on mine. I’ll try change it. 

Just now, Mort said:

It just automatically set it to that on mine. I’ll try change it. 

Just click on cashier then manage currencies.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Going to download on to laptop or pc after I’ve finished in the garden, already a member on my mobile so shouldn’t be any drama. 

34 minutes ago, Mort said:

Changed to pounds now, register away! See everyone at 8pm

No limit Hold'em Turbo?