The Corona Guitar thread.

Greedy Jambo

Dick Dastardly
On 22/07/2023 at 22:53, Greedy Jambo said:

A wee something to get juices flowing.

Oh! That's good. It puts Beggin You in it's place. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• One five

• superjack

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
superjack

Recently, I've been wanting to change my amp. I was using a Mooer sd 30 modelling amp. The effects were OK, but unless you were playing either heavily distorted or clean, it sounded quite tinny.

I'm about to out it up for sale. I was going to get a boss katana 50 mkii once I sold it. Last night while scrolling through Facebook, I noticed someone locally had 1 for sale. I went over to see it after work amd bought it. Guy had bought it for his sons Xmas as he really wanted that amp, by mid January he couldn't be arsed learning to play guitar. What a sound it has, really loving it.

If anyone on here would like to buy a tinny sounding Mooer amplifier, let me know, I’ve got just the thing for you.

davemclaren
On 07/03/2024 at 22:56, superjack said:

Recently, I've been wanting to change my amp. I was using a Mooer sd 30 modelling amp. The effects were OK, but unless you were playing either heavily distorted or clean, it sounded quite tinny.

I'm about to out it up for sale. I was going to get a boss katana 50 mkii once I sold it. Last night while scrolling through Facebook, I noticed someone locally had 1 for sale. I went over to see it after work amd bought it. Guy had bought it for his sons Xmas as he really wanted that amp, by mid January he couldn't be arsed learning to play guitar. What a sound it has, really loving it.

If anyone on here would like to buy a tinny sounding Mooer amplifier, let me know, I’ve got just the thing for you.

I have a Katana 100 Mark 1 which I usee for practice and gigging. Took me wee while to 'build' the sounds I was looking for but got there after a couple of months.  Now thinking of upgrading to a Katana Artist Mark 2. 

Get the Xsonic Airstep Kat pedal as you can connect to the amp via Bluetooth and use the katana Librarian App to change settings on the go. It was a game changer for me. 

One five

I tried the Katana and was very impressed by it. I was a very valve amp sound geek guy tbh but after my Marshall TSL started giving me some problems with sound just cutting out and with valves being pretty expensive I decided to turn to the dark side and try out some digital amps and multi effect pedals. 

Katana and the Mustang where very very good to me and are up there with the sound quality digital amps can now produce, probably like me before the traditionalists would look down on digital amps and pedals but they have come a very long way from the thin sounding early digital gear.

I got myself a line 6 Helix ( very expensive tbh) and play it through a digital Marshall amp in the studio and a peavey digital amp when a gig comes along, it can give you the darkest sound that’s out there and sparkling cleans a fender is famed for and yes it takes a few months (for me anyway to nail the sounds I was after or very very near) and if there’s a difference it’s very unlikely anyone would notice except the …. very tuned musical ear dudes 😉 , like Dave all the humphing heavy pedal boards and 100 w amps around are a thing in the past for me and have never looked back.

Yip I'm on the dark side 🌚.   

davemclaren
Just now, One five said:

I tried the Katana and was very impressed by it. I was a very valve amp sound geek guy tbh but after my Marshall TSL started giving me some problems with sound just cutting out and with valves being pretty expensive I decided to turn to the dark side and try out some digital amps and multi effect pedals. 

Katana and the Mustang where very very good to me and are up there with the sound quality digital amps can now produce, probably like me before the traditionalists would look down on digital amps and pedals but they have come a very long way from the thin sounding early digital gear.

I got myself a line 6 Helix ( very expensive tbh) and play it through a digital Marshall amp in the studio and a peavey digital amp when a gig comes along, it can give you the darkest sound that’s out there and sparkling cleans a fender is famed for and yes it takes a few months (for me anyway to nail the sounds I was after or very very near) and if there’s a difference it’s very unlikely anyone would notice except the …. very tuned musical ear dudes 😉 , like Dave all the humphing heavy pedal boards and 100 w amps around are a thing in the past for me and have never looked back.

As you get older valve amps get far too heavy. 😎

One five
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As you get older valve amps get far too heavy. 😎

Absolutely 👍

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, One five said:

Absolutely 👍

Still have my Marshall dsl40c but it's a bugger to carry. 

One five
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Still have my Marshall dsl40c but it's a bugger to carry. 

I exchanged my DSL 40 for a peavey 6505 it is just setting in my garage never used lol

superjack
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I have a Katana 100 Mark 1 which I usee for practice and gigging. Took me wee while to 'build' the sounds I was looking for but got there after a couple of months.  Now thinking of upgrading to a Katana Artist Mark 2. 

Get the Xsonic Airstep Kat pedal as you can connect to the amp via Bluetooth and use the katana Librarian App to change settings on the go. It was a game changer for me. 

As soon as I plugged the gretsch into it, 1 of the channels was set up almost perfectly for me. I'll need to connect to the pc to get a good set up for my tele.

I've just checked out the foot pedal you mentioned, it will be on its way pretty soon.

superjack
On 12/03/2024 at 14:52, davemclaren said:

On 12/03/2024 at 17:38, One five said:

Are there any sites you can recommend for downloading patches for my amp?

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, superjack said:

Search for Katana Patch Central in Facebook. 

One five
29 minutes ago, superjack said:

Sorry I only tried the Katana mate I use line 6 custom tone for my helix.

• 2 weeks later...
superjack
On 18/03/2024 at 22:06, davemclaren said:

Search for Katana Patch Central in Facebook. 

On 18/03/2024 at 22:10, One five said:

Sorry I only tried the Katana mate I use line 6 custom tone for my helix.

Found a couple of Facebook groups, and some excellent patches as well. The boss tone exchange also looks quite promising. 

The foot pedal you mentioned further up dave should be with me early next week, I forgot its a bank holiday weekend otherwise I would have ordered it a couple of days earlier.

It's an amazing tool though. Instead of having to spend ages tweaking the sound to get what I like, go through these sites and find what suits, someone has already done the hard work!

davemclaren
54 minutes ago, superjack said:

Found a couple of Facebook groups, and some excellent patches as well. The boss tone exchange also looks quite promising. 

The foot pedal you mentioned further up dave should be with me early next week, I forgot its a bank holiday weekend otherwise I would have ordered it a couple of days earlier.

It's an amazing tool though. Instead of having to spend ages tweaking the sound to get what I like, go through these sites and find what suits, someone has already done the hard work!

Yeah you can do that. I just built my own sounds - can take a while to perfect. In fact they are never perfect. 😀

here's my katana 'pedalboard'. 

IMG_4562.jpeg